Posted By: Abu Loren
Subject: Watch This, Pretty Please?
Date Posted: 21 October 2012 at 11:56am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9X1ItftHYQ&feature=g-wl -

Replies:
Posted By: hakeema
Date Posted: 21 October 2012 at 2:42pm
As-Salaam Alaikum,

Since you said pretty please!!! I will watch it.

Hakeema

Posted By: hakeema
Date Posted: 21 October 2012 at 6:57pm
As-Salaam Alaikum,

I watched some of the video. I agree that the Council of Nicea did happen and it made changes to Christianity. Yes I agree that the Trinity came from Pagan beliefs.

I notice in the movie that they are trying to say that Prophet Isa doesn't exist. Do you agree with that Abu?

Hakeema

Posted By: Ron Webb
Date Posted: 21 October 2012 at 8:13pm
Just curious: what do you think would be the Muslim reaction to a film that explored the pagan roots of Islam, and claimed that Muhammad did not exist?

-------------
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.

Date Posted: 22 October 2012 at 12:07am
Originally posted by hakeema hakeema wrote:

As-Salaam Alaikum,

I watched some of the video. I agree that the Council of Nicea did happen and it made changes to Christianity. Yes I agree that the Trinity came from Pagan beliefs.

I notice in the movie that they are trying to say that Prophet Isa doesn't exist. Do you agree with that Abu?

Hakeema

You have to watch the whole video carefully. What they are saying is that the English speaking world changed the name of Isa to JESUS and also substituted the letter Y to the letter J. They are just saying that the name JESUS doesn't exist anywhere except in English.

I think it's also intersting that these people mistakingly believe that the answer lies in Judaism. If only they've read the Holy Qur'an they would be converted instantly.

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 22 October 2012 at 2:54pm
Assalam Alykum,
an interesting video. I had a chance to meet some people of this belief years ago here in Texas. They are very strict with their belief. If I remember correctly they said they are basically Jews who believe in the Messiah others called Jesus as a prophet. I find their belief to be very close to Islam.
Unlike many Christians who believe that the blood of Christ paid for their sins, these people believe in punishment for sins, thus they preach to fight sinning.
Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Date Posted: 23 October 2012 at 1:58am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Assalam Alykum,
an interesting video. I had a chance to meet some people of this belief years ago here in Texas. They are very strict with their belief. If I remember correctly they said they are basically Jews who believe in the Messiah others called Jesus as a prophet. I find their belief to be very close to Islam.
Unlike many Christians who believe that the blood of Christ paid for their sins, these people believe in punishment for sins, thus they preach to fight sinning.
Hasan

Well bro at least the video pin points the incorrect belief system of the Christians and how they turned everything around from the OT to the NT.

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 24 October 2012 at 1:58pm
Exactly brother.
Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Posted By: Idil
Date Posted: 24 October 2012 at 3:22pm
Are these links for non-muslims or for muslims as well? If the audience target include muslims as well, I would highly recommend them to learn their religion first rather than focusing on other religions. We should take examples from our pious predecessors, and in their example we do not find them focusing on other religions, rather they were more concerned of learning their Lord and how they can purify themselves. Nowadays , however, we see Muslims putting too much emphasis on subjects that they should not even engage in. 

Date Posted: 25 October 2012 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Idil Idil wrote:

Are these links for non-muslims or for muslims as well? If the audience target include muslims as well, I would highly recommend them to learn their religion first rather than focusing on other religions. We should take examples from our pious predecessors, and in their example we do not find them focusing on other religions, rather they were more concerned of learning their Lord and how they can purify themselves. Nowadays , however, we see Muslims putting too much emphasis on subjects that they should not even engage in. 

As'alaamu Alaikkum sis

You are absolutely right, however I've just got carried away because I pointed these facts to these Christians and I think they didn't believe me. These people were trying to discredit the Prophet (pbuh) and Islam and of course we should leave everything in the capable hands of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

But we Muslims do need to know that the religion of Chrisitianity is a false one, they try to argue and debate with us from a 'high horse' kind of viewpoint and sometimes we need to bring them down a notch or two.

I've learned long time ago it's pointless debating with them because ultimately the debate just goes round and round in circles because of their stubborn stance.

Salaam

Posted By: Caringheart
Date Posted: 26 October 2012 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Just curious: what do you think would be the Muslim reaction to a film that explored the pagan roots of Islam, and claimed that Muhammad did not exist?

It would certainly not be allowed to post on the forum.

I wonder how many people even understand the meaning of the word pagan.
Paganism (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin - Latin http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/paganus - paganus , meaning "country dweller", "rustic")

These rustic cultural practices are found in all religions because they are part of the culture of people.

Date Posted: 26 October 2012 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

You have to watch the whole video carefully. What they are saying is that the English speaking world changed the name of Isa to JESUS and also substituted the letter Y to the letter J. They are just saying that the name JESUS doesn't exist anywhere except in English.

I think it's also intersting that these people mistakingly believe that the answer lies in Judaism. If only they've read the Holy Qur'an they would be converted instantly.

Abu Loren,

Do you know that the letter y in spanish is the same as the letter i in english.  This is nothing unusual for a letter in one language to be a different letter in another language.

I am reading the qur'an... no instant conversion.

Salaam

Date Posted: 26 October 2012 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

As'alaamu Alaikkum sis

You are absolutely right, however I've just got carried away because I pointed these facts to these Christians and I think they didn't believe me. These people were trying to discredit the Prophet (pbuh) and Islam and of course we should leave everything in the capable hands of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

But we Muslims do need to know that the religion of Chrisitianity is a false one, they try to argue and debate with us from a 'high horse' kind of viewpoint and sometimes we need to bring them down a notch or two.

I've learned long time ago it's pointless debating with them because ultimately the debate just goes round and round in circles because of their stubborn stance.

Salaam

I think it is funny when the things that people say of others can so easily be applied to themselves... yet they do not see it.

and there is difference between stubborn stance and conviction of belief.  My belief of you Abu, is simply conviction of belief.   Although I could put a different label on it, I do not, because I believe in belief... in conviction of the heart of each individual is his own.

'to each his own belief.'

You do not really need to know anything about Christianity only about your own religion... but your own religion does require you to acquire a negative belief about others doesn't it?  Disbelief is one of the founding blocks of your religion.  Whereas Christianity does not require anything other than belief in Jesus and following the ways of God taught in the Torah and through Jesus.
Christianity would not need to know anything about Islam either, if Islam did not have to exist on discrediting others, but rather could look at the good of others.  That is what the God I know would want.  "let the one without sin be the first to cast a stone."  Jesus knew that none could cast a stone because there are none without sin.  It is not His Father who would set up such opposition.  It is my belief that God wants to draw people to Him.
I look for the good, and Godly ways, in people of all faiths.  'Keeping that which is good' and
'not throwing out the baby with the bath water', which is another expression.
There is good and bad in people of all faiths and all cultures.

Salaam.  Let us find peace with one another. Heart

Posted By: Matt Browne
Date Posted: 01 November 2012 at 5:37am
A religion that is not tolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion. A religion that puts a significant amount of energy into belittling other religions can't be the world's best religion. A religion that excludes doubts and punishes self-criticism can't be the world's best religion. A religion with a theology that doesn't want to evolve can't be the world's best religion. A religion that by definition is perfect and superior cannot be perfect and superior.

-------------
A religion that's intolerant of other religions can't be the world's best religion --Abdel Samad
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people--Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted By: Ron Webb
Date Posted: 01 November 2012 at 5:25pm
And I would add: a religion that needs to threaten its believers with dire consequences for doubt or apostacy, or violently assault its opponents for openly questioning its dogma, cannot be the most rational religion.  To me, such threats are an implicit admission that the religion cannot be justified on its own merits and cannot withstand rational criticism.

-------------
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.

Date Posted: 02 November 2012 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

And I would add: a religion that needs to threaten its believers with dire consequences for doubt or apostacy, or violently assault its opponents for openly questioning its dogma, cannot be the most rational religion.  To me, such threats are an implicit admission that the religion cannot be justified on its own merits and cannot withstand rational criticism.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net