Where is the Muslim voice in America?

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Regional
Forum Name: Americas
Forum Description: Americas
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=22776
Printed Date: 16 April 2024 at 6:03am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Where is the Muslim voice in America?
Posted By: Caringheart
Subject: Where is the Muslim voice in America?
Date Posted: 02 March 2012 at 4:14pm
I am interested to know, Where is the Muslim voice in America?

While the Christian voice regarding the subjects of preserving traditional marriage, and the Obama health initiative that would cause violation of conscience in forcing religious institutions to provide contraception and abortion under its health care plans, has been widely heard,

Why do we hear nothing from the Muslim community which feels just as strongly on these issues?

Why are the Muslims keeping so silent?

Replies:
Posted By: Hughes
Date Posted: 02 March 2012 at 8:59pm
Good question.

Posted By: Trajik
Date Posted: 02 March 2012 at 9:36pm
Salam Hughes and caringheart,

I am a bit confused as well as to the silence. 

17:31] You shall not kill your children due to fear of poverty. We provide for them, as well as for you. Killing them is a gross offense.

I am a new to Islam and am confused as well.  I am going to voice my opinion but I wonder where my brothers and sisters are....

Just know there are some like myself who are against this murder and will voice it now.

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 03 March 2012 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I am interested to know, Where is the Muslim voice in America?

While the Christian voice regarding the subjects of preserving traditional marriage, and the Obama health initiative that would cause violation of conscience in forcing religious institutions to provide contraception and abortion under its health care plans, has been widely heard,

Why do we hear nothing from the Muslim community which feels just as strongly on these issues?

Why are the Muslims keeping so silent?

If you want to know groups representing Muslim sentiments in USA, ''CAIR' is one of them. (Council for American Islamic Relations)

As for political issues, I think that right now Muslims in America are facing bigger issues than same-sex marriage, contraceptive provision and abortion. Muslims are trying to fight the negative image and so-called terrorism laws that are targeting Muslim Americans today. Whether or not homosexuals get the right to marry, or abortion is banned  - is not an issue of priority for many Muslim Americans at the moment.

Infact even for Chrisian Americans, I'd say that perhaps they should be trying to prevent Wars, bring back troops, worry about health-care, educational reform, and have positive foreign-relations rather than worry about gay-marriage or abortion. Priorities.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 03 March 2012 at 11:57am
There is no greater issue than the killing of the unborn. And with Obama forcing such evil on believers as can be seen with the Catholics, it is the biggest issue facing American believers at this time!

Date Posted: 04 March 2012 at 2:31am
Originally posted by Hughes Hughes wrote:

There is no greater issue than the killing of the unborn. And with Obama forcing such evil on believers as can be seen with the Catholics, it is the biggest issue facing American believers at this time!

So killing the unborn is worse than killing living, breathing, already existing millions of human-biengs under the pretext of War?

Ok.

Says a lot.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 04 March 2012 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

So killing the unborn is worse than killing living, breathing, already existing millions of human-biengs under the pretext of War?Ok.Says a lot.

the context of your presuppositions are key to your condemnation.

Which war? Who are attacking who?

By my statement above, I'm in no way saying that killing people for no reason is ok, which is exactly what abortion is.

A nation that is defending itself, such as Israel, is quite a different situation from killing innocent unborn children.

Date Posted: 04 March 2012 at 9:56am

So killing the unborn is worse than killing living, breathing, already existing millions of human-biengs under the pretext of War?Ok.Says a lot.

By my statement above, I'm in no way saying that killing people for no reason is ok, which is exactly what abortion is.

A nation that is defending itself, such as Israel, is quite a different situation from killing innocent unborn children.

For Americans, obviously the wars concerning them would be the ones they are involved in.

I'll repeat, issues should be addressed in order of priorities. Issues that plague and impact the community at large should be addressed before we start discussing issues that are more personal in nature (e.g. abortion, gay-marriages etc).

-------------

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 04 March 2012 at 3:11pm
My assumption is that national pro-life organizations such as National Right to Life Committee is made up of all faiths and even atheists.  Is it really necessary to single out any one religion as not doing enough for the cause? 

Date Posted: 04 March 2012 at 7:41pm

For Americans, obviously the wars concerning them would be the ones they are involved in. I'll repeat, issues should be addressed in order of priorities. Issues that plague and impact the community at large should be addressed before we start discussing issues that are more personal in nature (e.g. abortion, gay-marriages etc).

Why can't they be discussed at the same time? Obama's Health Care plan is currently attacking people of faith, yet Muslims are silent as far as I can tell.

Date Posted: 04 March 2012 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

My assumption is that national pro-life organizations such as National Right to Life Committee is made up of all faiths and even atheists.� Is it really necessary to single out any one religion as not doing enough for the cause?�

Since the Atheists agree (in large part) with the Obama Administration, I wouldn't expect any help from them.

Date Posted: 05 March 2012 at 1:39pm
 "I wouldn't expect any help from them."
For some religious pro-lifers, employing non-religious arguments against abortion is sacrilegious. Not only do they see abortion as a sin, but failing to make reference to religion with each pro-life effort is sinful. They are upset and afraid of the idea of atheist or agnostic pro-lifers. They answer questions with scripture regardless of their audience. They pray at pro-life pickets and meetings. In short, they fit the negative, stereotypical way that all pro-lifers are portrayed: as religious zealots trying to "impose morality", mindless puppets directed by pro-life preachers.
http://joseromia.tripod.com/atheism.html -

Date Posted: 06 March 2012 at 8:40am
Your point is?

If your point is that all atheists aren't pro-abortion, I agree with you. I never said they were. Notice I said, "in large part" meaning the vast majority of atheists are not pro life.

Date Posted: 06 March 2012 at 12:13pm

Your point is?

Just thought I'd challenge your "in large part" assertion....

Date Posted: 06 March 2012 at 5:23pm

Your point is?

Just thought I'd challenge your "in large part" assertion....

And the Obama administration still sees it as apart of it's duty to tell religious schools that they must pay for abortions, which those religious schools believe are evil. And not a word from the Islamic front, accept that some atheists agree with us? Huh? That's your point?

What would happen if the Obama administration stated that all religious schools must serve pork?

Date Posted: 06 March 2012 at 6:03pm
Chill out Hughes...I'm in total agreement with you on the issue of abortion, however as mentioned previously, we have several advocacy organizations which are made up of all faiths, therefore I don't see why it's necessary to dress down any single religion as not doing enough.  Unless of course you have some other agenda here.

Date Posted: 18 March 2012 at 8:14pm

Muslims are trying to fight the negative image and so-called terrorism laws that are targeting Muslim Americans today.

But this is precisely why I ask.  It would raise their image if they were standing with the Christian community on these issues.  If there was a focus on similarities between Christian and Muslim rather than the differences.

Date Posted: 18 March 2012 at 8:21pm

I'll repeat, issues should be addressed in order of priorities. Issues that plague and impact the community at large should be addressed before we start discussing issues that are more personal in nature (e.g. abortion, gay-marriages etc).

I disagree.  We're not going to cure the ails of the world if we don't fix the foundations of our own societies first.  As long as people are living in disobedience to God's laws there will be disorder and division in the world.  It is the foundations which need to be maintained for a healthy society to not only survive, but thrive.

Date Posted: 18 March 2012 at 8:26pm

My assumption is that national pro-life organizations such as National Right to Life Committee is made up of all faiths and even atheists.  Is it really necessary to single out any one religion as not doing enough for the cause? 

Well I was specifically addressing the health mandate which would require even religious organizations to provide services which are abhorrent to them.  Of which Mosques are one of these organizations.  The Catholic voice is the only one being heard. 
I hear Christians condemned all the time for their abhorrent behaviors and beliefs but I don't see the Muslims speaking out against this issue.

Date Posted: 28 July 2012 at 4:17pm
This issue is one that addresses the impending removal of the very freedoms which the masses emigrated to America to establish.  The many people who left their homelands to get away from oppression... from dictatorship... and now that is where America is heading... to the very things the people were escaping.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net