Forum Description: World Politics
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2218
Printed Date: 24 April 2024 at 6:28pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 15.5 million Iraqis ready to vote in Oct
Posted By: b95000
Subject: 15.5 million Iraqis ready to vote in Oct
Date Posted: 08 September 2005 at 6:24pm
According to one Iraqi blogger there are now more than 15 million Iraqis registered to vote.

What, Sasha says democracy is a figment of American imagination?  Tell that to 15 MILLION voters!

"It's worth mentioning that the process of registering the voters has ended and there will be an extra million voter this time with a total of over 15.5 million voters. In Anbar province around 50,000 voters registered their names in the voter's lists in addition to the names that already exist."

-------------
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Replies:
Posted By: Whisper
Date Posted: 10 September 2005 at 10:04am
Even if fifty million vote it won't legitimise the War or the bases US is building there. The day Amreekanos begin to understand that the world will start to take them for serious even without their guns.

Date Posted: 14 September 2005 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Even if fifty million vote it won't legitimise the War or the bases US is building there. The day Amreekanos begin to understand that the world will start to take them for serious even without their guns.

That's the problem with you Sasha - even if the reality of people's actions are screaming in your face - even if the reality of their freedom and economic prosperity is staring right at you - you refuse to acknowledge them or that, due to your own pride and smug satisfaction with your own opinions...after all, you know 'everyone that counts' in Afghanistan and Pakistan - don't you?  How can anyone compare in importance?

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 18 September 2005 at 1:37pm

I know it would be extremely hard for you to understand yet I will try out my utter pity for the Americans. The fact is that even if 50 million Iraqis vote, it won't turn Americans into humans. Or, legalise this war. The point is as simple as that.

In my part of the world, we do not add knowing that type or that number of people on to some asset register and gloat about it. We consider these as His blessings and use them ONLY in His service - not for promoting some murderous agenda - to control the last few remaining drops of oil.

Date Posted: 19 September 2005 at 8:40am

I know it would be extremely hard for you to understand yet I will try out my utter pity for the Americans. The fact is that even if 50 million Iraqis vote, it won't turn Americans into humans. Or, legalise this war. The point is as simple as that.

B: The points for you are always "simple."  But life and reality are never that simple.  And so your logic lacks the rigor that it needs to deal with the world as we know it.  It's as simple as that.

In my part of the world, we do not add knowing that type or that number of people on to some asset register and gloat about it. We consider these as His blessings and use them ONLY in His service - not for promoting some murderous agenda - to control the last few remaining drops of oil.

B: Sasha, your exaggerations and prevarications are really extreme sometime...I love how you can talk about God in one breath and support the anti-God communists in the same breath...what happens for you in your tortured mind on these subjects?

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 19 September 2005 at 1:34pm

I love how you can talk about God in one breath and suppor the anti-God communists in the same breath

You will never be able to understand the diversity of nature, peoples, intellects and even faiths with such a typically limited American mind.

Date Posted: 20 September 2005 at 5:37pm

I love how you can talk about God in one breath and suppor the anti-God communists in the same breath

You will never be able to understand the diversity of nature, peoples, intellects and even faiths with such a typically limited American mind.

Ah, I'm limited and you're not?  That's rich...why don't you just explain how you can come onto this board and support atheists?  That would be an interesting defense for you since you're commonly talking about the "holy places" in Mecca and Medina and such and then coming out with your communist drivel about atheist Betrand Russell et al...

I think the good Muslims on this board deserve to know if you, as a spokesperson for them, at times, politically if not in terms of any spiritual tradition, are an atheist.

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 21 September 2005 at 1:02am

Ah, I'm limited and you're not?

That also you won't be able to grasp having been fed just one of the two choice all your life. It takes thousands of years of culture to be able to understand and appreciate life in all her diversity.

MacCulture has a very limited menu.

Date Posted: 21 September 2005 at 6:45pm

Ah, I'm limited and you're not?

That also you won't be able to grasp having been fed just one of the two choice all your life. It takes thousands of years of culture to be able to understand and appreciate life in all her diversity.

MacCulture has a very limited menu.

Hahaha...the US is the greatest melting pot, and for those who choose to, the greatest place of exposure to the greatest number of cultures and ethnicities and people able to FREELY express their cultures (without fear of repraisal) that the world has ever known...there are 102 languages spoken in the LA Unified School district.  Tell me how homogenous the US is... you can't, because it isn't.

And Afghanistan - how many cultures do you celebrate there?  Or are you thinking of Spain or the UK...

Your mac comments are laughable and unsupported by the facts...but we're used to it...say it enough times, right Sasha, and you create the 'perception', right Sasha, eschewing the facts, huh Sasha...that don't fit into your small, simple paradigm...

Arrogance...but we're all arrogant to some degree...I can forgive you that.  However, I will not allow your lack of facts to stand..

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 22 September 2005 at 2:44am

That's the eact sadness that with such mix of "languages" yet you find it hard to understand why people of culture and wisdom can support people with a human tinge - even if they are against their faiths.

Wisdom is a very rare gift of nature. You can't acquire it with even truckloads of dollars. No one can ever beat that heavy armour Amreeki arrogance.

Date Posted: 22 September 2005 at 6:42pm

That's the eact sadness that with such mix of "languages" yet you find it hard to understand why people of culture and wisdom can support people with a human tinge - even if they are against their faiths.

B: Ah, but you continue to attempt to spread your pet theories unbased in facts - as if the US is homogenous when I've demonstrated it clearly is not..what can we believe about your hyperbole and prevarications?

Wisdom is a very rare gift of nature. You can't acquire it with even truckloads of dollars.

Nor with truckloads of self proclaimed superiority (purity)!  Such is arrogance in its purest, most basic form.

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 28 September 2005 at 7:55pm
Will the Constitutional referendum pass or not in Iraq this time around?  What do you think?

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 09 October 2005 at 4:42am

Will the Constitutional referendum pass or not in Iraq this time around?  What do you think?
No one seems to be interested in your question. It has been parked here for a dozen days, as a bogus exercise.

Sadly, your election and Macdemocracy stunt is only for home consumption or to relieve your neurosis. It barely matters to the Muslim world.

Date Posted: 10 October 2005 at 11:25am

No one seems to be interested in your question. It has been parked here for a dozen days, as a bogus exercise.

Sadly, your election and Macdemocracy stunt is only for home consumption or to relieve your neurosis. It barely matters to the Muslim world.

It could very well be that people are busy with their families - not everyone has time to spend at communist rallies, worship of Marx, protests, dissensions and general trouble making like you W..

-------------
Bruce

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net