Print Page | Close Window

greetings my dear new family

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: General
Forum Name: Introduction: Who am I?
Forum Description: Introduce yourself here.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21375
Printed Date: 29 April 2024 at 3:19am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: greetings my dear new family
Posted By: sharon.....
Subject: greetings my dear new family
Date Posted: 15 July 2011 at 4:10pm
greetings dear brothers and sisters,
i am new in islam and seeking to make all changes to become muslim fully
and to be a better person and citizen and mother and friend...i have dreamed nearly 4 years ago that i'd be learning islam and be accepted but didnt take dream seriously until recently.
my name is sharon burke,,born in australia and been brought up knowing much of  bible values and left the jw religion  about nearly 15 years  ago and went into darkness a bit and my life changes for not so good....but i always felt God is there in my life...maybe it was a transition or rest..i just dont know why i left..it was strange......
anyway more about me...until last year a  friend of mine who became my fiance who's family is muslim has helped me to regain some faith in which im still gaining and adjusting from what i learned to what im learning about allah and his principles and requirements for living and helping poor and elderly and other people to gain insight of returning to God, like the prodical son in scriptures.  but now with learning Coran i am becoming to value all good inspired holy books of guidance...
I am a divorced mother of 3 grown up children and grandmother of 3..now like i said i have a fiance to be married eventually...
i am of a good character and love helping people and have volunteered in health services ..now im doing a course in health services assistant...so i go where GOD  puts me...
and accept my life and circumstances and my strength and weaknesses but making effort to change accordingly to be a good doer and good servant as becoming a muslim and living the principles and guidance accordingly...
have a good day my new family..thankyou kindly for all support and welcoming me in the community!!

Replies:
Posted By: icforumadmin
Date Posted: 16 July 2011 at 3:37am
Assalamu Alaykum, Please be upon You,

Welcome to Islam and welcome to this forum too.

Admin

Date Posted: 16 July 2011 at 5:22am
Greetings dear brothers and sisters,

thankyou kindly for welcoming me...
 and with  the knowledge i will gain from the Quran and from you all dear brothers and sisters the guidance given me and everyone new and counsel  and concerns that will be directed for our improvements and adjusting lifestyle and for us newbies using intellect better for wisdom and faithfulness in following and applying the principles of ALLAH, GOD ALMIGHTY, LORD Of The Worlds that he provided through his prophet muhammad and all his  messengers of what is halal and haram for our good and gaining a healthy fear and awe of him and much more
ahh also dear icforumadmin..thankyou for your welcome and i love to be learning arabic too sometime in near future so i can understand more and learn better the words of the Quran...oh soo much to learn to really understand the truths therein

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 16 July 2011 at 7:32am

salaams, and welcome; please have a seat - tea or coffee?

Date Posted: 16 July 2011 at 4:59pm
salaam , greetings dear abuayisha,
thankyou so kindly
me sitting ,,yes please , coffee
and thankful to allah for all provisions, yummy, the various flavours and aromas and all his creation 
you too have a good day

Posted By: taoist
Date Posted: 16 July 2011 at 9:19pm
Salaam Alakium to you sister Sharon .  As you can see by my profile i have been here some time.  I have sat back and learned a Coollot and plan to take Shahada on August 1st.  So welcome and may Allah help us all learn more . Taoist.  

-------------
taoist

Date Posted: 17 July 2011 at 4:26am
greetings dear taoist....
salaam and thankyou

may you do well with shahada.....
yes learning also always re-learning ,, always needing reminders for fine tuning our spiritual health by Allah our Lord Almighty guidance and standards 

kind regards from sharon.....

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 17 July 2011 at 9:00am
As Salamu Alaikum

Allahuakbar ! We are very happy for you Taoist :) Why is it that you chose August 1st ? Is it because of holy month - Ramdhaan ?

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 17 July 2011 at 9:03am
As Salamu Alaikum

Welcome to the forums of discussions at Islamicity, sister sharon. Wishing you a happy stay with us :) Hope we all learn from each other, insha Allah

Start up to learn little words in arabic. Insha Allah means If Allah wills. Nothing shall happen except when Allah wills. So when we are to do something in future or plan to do something, we are to say Insha Allah. So insha Allah, we shall be seeing usage of this word in your next posts :)

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 17 July 2011 at 7:18pm
Greetings dear sister Seekshidayath,

Thankyou greatly...yes i hope to learn well and apply well sister,
insha Allah.

yes ..i need to be saying some arabic for the prayers very soon too to have great sense and feeling of praying well to ALLAH

i must learn very quick about how to do and shahada and keep it and all of required respectable routines and more, steadfast in my heart....including  that  of  worship cleanliness- ablution and 5 prayers to our great Lord Almighty God ALLAH.
,,but i dont know yet the positions of prayers for the sisters if it is the same as for the brothers...may you please sister explain that or show me a link on web to find the proper way to do it?
 Thankyou again sister seekshidayath and thank you islamicity and thank you all brothers and sisters for your contributions of support to all and us newbies.....

kind regards from Sharon.....

~~LA ILAHA ILLALLAH MUHAMMAD-UR-RASULULLAH

Date Posted: 18 July 2011 at 9:45pm
Salam Alakium to all !  Yes Insha Allah i will take Shahada The 1st day of Ramdhaan .  I would like to thank all of you for posting and keeping the faith over these years. Please pray for me and thanks again .  Taoist .Cool

-------------
taoist

Date Posted: 19 July 2011 at 2:11am
Originally posted by sharon..... sharon..... wrote:

Thankyou greatly...yes i hope to learn well and apply well sister,

insha Allah.

yes ..i need to be saying some arabic for the prayers very soon too to have great sense and feeling of praying well to ALLAH

i must learn very quick about how to do and shahada�and keep it and all of required respectable routines and more, steadfast in my heart....including� that� of� worship cleanliness- ablution and 5 prayers�to our great Lord Almighty God ALLAH.

,,but i dont know yet the positions of prayers for the sisters if it is the same as for the brothers...may�you please sister�explain that or show me a link on web to find the proper way to do it?

�Thankyou again sister seekshidayath and thank you islamicity and�thank you all brothers and sisters for your contributions of support to all and us newbies.....

kind regards from Sharon.....

~~LA ILAHA ILLALLAH MUHAMMAD-UR-RASULULLAH

As Salamu alaikum dear sister :)

Sis Sharon, we muslims when meet, before starting up our conversation, greet by saying - As Salamu Alaikum. Which means Peace be on you.

I tried various animated videos, but found none worth to be shared with you to be helped in offering salah.

Insha Allah shall share with you other things to be learnt in different threads very soon. I see you active at various threads. Thanks for being active :)

-------------

Date Posted: 19 July 2011 at 2:12am

Very happy for you brother Taoist :)

-------------

Date Posted: 19 July 2011 at 7:41am
As Salamualaikum

Sharon and Taoist, can you plz go thru Group - New Muslims, and check new threads

You may also find a thread - Info about Shalat {prayer} posted by admin. Sharon, don't forget to check the link shared by me today.

-------------

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 19 July 2011 at 8:04am
Welcome Dear Sister Sharon - to the folds of Islam!

Do let us know if we can help you in anyway. As for prayer, the prayer is almost the same for both men & women (i.e. the positions), the only difference is that Women fold thier hands over thier chest rather than navel, and they have to cover up more when praying (i.e. head, neck, full sleeves) etc. Will inshAllah try to post a link or something... meanwhile, just pray the way you have learnt. (and do look up prayer on youtube).

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 19 July 2011 at 1:02pm
Greetings dear brothers and sisters,
salaam,,,salamu alaikum,

Oh thankyou very much Seekshidayath, yes im checking throught the threads of sister groups and also the new muslims one and love to share among us what i can contribute to various informations and skills that is beneficial for our lives that we help each other for good spiritual and physical health and wellbeing...i am so happy being guided to this forum - as we all are~insha Allah.....and ty dear Seekshidayath for the link for salat prayer too...I appreciate all help.

and thankyou too Chrysalis,  i forgot that youtube is like a library...at the moment i have been using a scarf and being clean and being covered full on arms and praying rightly  and ty for that and ..im glad now that im doing it sufficiently good enough in our God Almighty Allah care,, until i get proper clothing and hajib and then i can go to the prayer sessions in melbourne at the islamic council on fridays~insha Allah

Date Posted: 20 July 2011 at 9:52pm
Salam Alakium to all !  Subhan Allah he has opened up the door for me to take Shahada on August 1st. at 6:00 pm. LOL I am excited yet a bit nervous as this is the biggest spiritual act of my LIFE !  Please keep me in your prayers .  Also for Sharon , the web site " Why Islam . com " has a very good step by step video on Salat and other topics.  Again thanks to all the brothers and sister out there,  Taoist.

-------------
taoist

Posted By: mrs shadab
Date Posted: 22 July 2011 at 1:10am
assalamu alaikum dear sister sharon,
 today i read ur post andisveryhappy to read that now u r trying to practice  islam,,i too welcome u in islam and wish u very good  luck, may ALMIGHTY   ALLAH make ur path easy to learn and understand the beautiful teaching of islam,,its no doubt a beautiful relegion with all great values and humrous teachings,, dont put ur self in any doubt  about islam that is it right or wrong,,very soon INSHA ALLAH  u wil see that what a great decission to come in islam u have decided,,may ALLAH help u ,,ameen..
wassalam  mrs shadab

Date Posted: 22 July 2011 at 5:18am
As Salamu Alaikum

Very happy for you, Taoist. I understand how excited and nervous you must be. Remember, insha Allah it's going to be one of the best days of happiness & sweet memories of your life.

Sis Sharon, plz login the other section of Islamicity - Group - New Muslims. You shall find a section - Info about Shalat. There in click at the link shared by me, which teaches prayers of muslim women. I shall personally feel happy to see your contributions to this site :)

-------------

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 22 July 2011 at 8:19am
Thumbs%20Upwa alaikum salaam.  Excellent!

Date Posted: 23 July 2011 at 11:39pm

,,but i dont know yet the positions of prayers for the sisters if it is the same as for the brothers...may you please sister explain that or show me a link on web to find the proper way to do it?

Salaam Sister,

I came across some better links for prayer. Pls go to this thread:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18057&PID=157192#157192 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18057&PID=157192#157192

The brother in the thread was inquiring about prayer, it would be a good idea to discuss and post in same thread for ease. You can scroll down in that thread and view the 2 links. One illustrates the method of prayer and the other tells you how many prayers you need. Hope that helps inshAllah.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Posted By: poks
Date Posted: 27 July 2011 at 12:11am
i miss my habibi sooo much...

-------------

Posted By: Abdul Shakur
Date Posted: 28 July 2011 at 3:21pm
Greetings in the Name of Allah(swt):  As-Salaamu Alaikum!  Welcome to the Family of Islam.  We are a BIG family, worldwide, and we have your best interest at heart.  My name is Abdul Shakur, a caucasian Muslim, living in California.  I'v been Muslim since 1973 and I'm not ashamed!  There is no fear, or shame in serving Allah(swt) and His Prophet(saas).  Continue to grow and feel free to ask any questions you need.  My personal e-mail address is: mailto:[email protected] - [email protected] ... I hope this community does not mind me adding that to my post. 

Date Posted: 05 August 2011 at 3:12am

assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters,

Taoist... its lovely to see you have made shahada...your mentioning that you will say it on the first of ramadan has made me feel to do that too and silently me too have became muslim from that day onwards-insha Allah
 I had a few days of reflection of the change and the joyous feel, happy that  Allah our merciful god guided us to getting to know and understanding islam to us all faithfully and appreciately changing our life to live rightly and doing good and showing we believe "there is no god besides Allah and Mohammad is his prophet"-may be peace be upon him-insha Alla...us reading about islam to making gradual little changes of transition (crawling in a  sense- like steps) between changing habits of worldly ways to that of increasing to strive to keep learning and applying what is learnt (walk wobble in a sense  until getting it right-like steps) to live by the 5 pillars and  islam principles in the  noble Quran , insights and wisdom from Allah who alone is GOD to live by, his messages of hope with what is halal and and what is haram for to follow, declared messages through his prophet muhammad-may peace be upon him and all of messengers and prophets before him-may peace be upon them. 

Date Posted: 05 August 2011 at 4:10am
as salaamu alaikum our dear brother Abdul Shakur,

Welcome to you too and thankyou, we are indeed a huge global islam family, giving each other good encouragement, helping each other to understanding the lessons from the Quran and understanding and sharing muslim life experiences  and sharing good wise ideas for healthy living and  prayfully helping each other grow more spiritually stronger and more wiser with coping with issues affecting our daily life...  listening and applying wisdom of what we learn from each other in our huge family, unitedly  taking care to follow the laws and guidance by Allah our grand creator to through the messengers and prophets -may peace be upon them...the instructions he has provided for mankind  - insha Allah

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 05 August 2011 at 4:35am

assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters,

Taoist... its lovely to see you have made shahada...your mentioning that you will say it on the first of ramadan has made me feel to do that too and silently me too have became muslim from that day onwards-insha Allah
 I had a few days of reflection of the change and the joyous feel, happy that  Allah our merciful god guided us to getting to know and understanding islam to us all faithfully and appreciately changing our life to live rightly and doing good and showing we believe "there is no god besides Allah and Mohammad is his prophet"-may be peace be upon him-insha Alla...us reading about islam to making gradual little changes of transition (crawling in a  sense- like steps) between changing habits of worldly ways to that of increasing to strive to keep learning and applying what is learnt (walk wobble in a sense  until getting it right-like steps) to live by the 5 pillars and  islam principles in the  noble Quran , insights and wisdom from Allah who alone is GOD to live by, his messages of hope with what is halal and and what is haram for to follow, declared messages through his prophet muhammad-may peace be upon him and all of messengers and prophets before him-may peace be upon them. 

Assalamu Alaikum,
Ramadan Kareem!

Welcome to Islam and the forum. May Allah bless you and other new Muslims with knowledge, wisdom, and understanding of this beautiful faith.

May you succeed in your journey here and the eternal life in the hereafter.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Date Posted: 05 August 2011 at 4:46am

as salaamu alaikum Poks,

Welcome...
 May we have you and your habibi in our thoughts and prayers for  that you may cope a bit better..keeping in mind that making sure we continue to live our life good and faithfully applying what we know is truth and continuing to helping  each other and all who are new to islam with what we know and show insights of  truth from the Quran ....
we have a wonderful hope and a great future ahead... for our merciful almighty god Allah has gardens with rivers flowing under them forever-insha Allah...

Date Posted: 05 August 2011 at 5:09am
As-salaamu alaikum brothers and sisters,
Thankyou all greatly for welcoming me here and in our islam family
I so very much appreciate your love and kindness and wise help
Im so very much looking forward to meeting you all and sharing in the posts.
and im very happy in participating in this first year ramadan alongside with you all my new family

Date Posted: 05 August 2011 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by poks poks wrote:

i miss my habibi sooo much...

Taken from: "Why do people have to leave"
http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/character/why-do-people-have-to-leave-each-other/ - http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/character/why-do-people-have-to-leave-each-other/

....We must also realize that nothing happens without a purpose. Nothing. Not even broken hearts. Not even pain. That broken heart and that pain are lessons and signs for us. They are warnings that something is wrong. They are warnings that we need to make a change. Just like the pain of being burned is what warns us to remove our hand from the fire, emotional pain warns us that we need to make an internal change. That we need to detach. Pain is a form of forced detachment. Like the loved one who hurts you again and again and again, the more dunya hurts us, the more we inevitably detach from it. The more we inevitably stop loving it.

And pain is a pointer to our attachments. That which makes us cry, that which causes us most pain is where our false attachments lie. And it is those things which we are attached to as we should only be attached to Allah which become barriers on our path to God. But the pain itself is what makes the false attachment evident. The pain creates a condition in our life that we seek to change, and if there is anything about our condition that we don�t like, there is a divine formula to change it.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net