Print Page | Close Window

I am a Muslim now

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Islam for non-Muslims
Forum Description: Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, discussion for the purpose of learning.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17913
Printed Date: 16 May 2024 at 9:18am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: I am a Muslim now
Posted By: want2know
Subject: I am a Muslim now
Date Posted: 29 November 2010 at 9:23pm
I went to my local Islamic center and took my shahada on Friday Nov. 12, 2010!LOL

Replies:
Posted By: semar
Date Posted: 29 November 2010 at 9:34pm
Alhamdulillah. Welcome to Islam.
May God Almighty help and bless you in your journey.

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"

Posted By: want2know
Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 10:23am

Jazakallah khair, Semar. I'm glad that I became Muslim. I have a question: My daughter is inviting me to visit her and the grandchildren on Christmas and I know that as a Muslim I can't celebrate it any more, what should I do? My daughter already knows that I converted to Islam.Lamp

Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 12:28pm
Salam/Peace,

Visit doesn't mean celebrate. You don't have to sing, pray along with them right. Just enjoy the day eat, talk etc. So it's should be OK. IMHO, we should continue our relationship with our friends and family no mater their faith are.

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

Posted By: islamispeace
Date Posted: 30 November 2010 at 2:31pm
MashaAllah!  Great to hear about your reversion!  May Allah bless you and increase you in faith.    

-------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 04 December 2010 at 11:53am
Originally posted by want2know want2know wrote:

I went to my local Islamic center and took my shahada on Friday Nov. 12, 2010!LOL

As Salamu Alaikum [Peace be on you}

Allahu Akbar !

Congragulations sis. {Sorry for being late to congragulate you}

How did you feel after reciting the shahadah ?

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 07 December 2010 at 2:20am
Originally posted by want2know want2know wrote:

Jazakallah khair, Semar. I'm glad that I became Muslim. I have a question: My daughter is inviting me to visit her and the grandchildren on Christmas and I know that as a Muslim I can't celebrate it any more, what should I do? My daughter already knows that I converted to Islam.Lamp

Salaam want2know!!! :-)

Mubarak (congratulations) on becoming our Sister in Islam! May Allah shower His blessings upon you and make this life & the hereafter easy for you.

There is no harm in you socializing with your non-Muslim relatives. You don't have to (and shouldn't) cut-off from family celebrations. You can still attend birthdays, Christmases etc whilst maintaining your Islamic lifestyle i.e. you can not pray etc, but still be present. Infact this is a good opportunity to show them that while you may have changed inside as a Muslim - you are still the same person & they haven't 'lost' their grandma/mom. Good opportunity to share your 'new & improved' self.

Here is an opinion on this, while it is on Thanksgiving - they pretty much apply here as well, do take a look:

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/islam-studies/can-i-give-thanks-and-throw-down-on-some-turkey-this-week/

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Posted By: kin29
Date Posted: 16 January 2011 at 8:49pm
If I may ask, If I wanted to be an Islam, what should I do? Hope you guys will reply to me.. Thanks!

Date Posted: 18 January 2011 at 9:15am
Salaam/Peace,

To be a Muslim is very simple, just confess/declare that Allah/God is the only one Deity, no partner no son, and Muhammad was the messenger and prophet of Allah/God like other prophet such as prophet Jesus, prophet Abraham, prophet Adam, prophet Noah, Solomon, David etc.

You can have witness or no witness fine too. However, it's better you do it with some witnesses so in case something happen to you let say you die there are somebody that know you are Muslim so you will be treated as Muslim.

Off-course after you confess (in Muslim term we call it shahadah), you need to start to follow some other requirement such as pray 5 times a day, not drink alcohol, but do it gradually, little step at a time, no need to be hurry.

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

Posted By: kin29
Date Posted: 19 January 2011 at 7:19pm
Thanks for replying. Will take note of this. Is there a particular website where I can check the do's and dont's of being a muslim? (please don't take my term in a wrong way). Thanks again!

Posted By: samirfaithful
Date Posted: 26 February 2011 at 5:00am

ESSALAM ALEYKOUM SISTER:),

WELCOME TO MUSLIM COMMUNITY AND BETWEEN UR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN GOD.

GOD HELP U TO STAY IN HIS STRIGHT WAY AMEEEEEEEEEENCry

Posted By: Natalie St
Date Posted: 13 March 2011 at 10:51am
I'm also planning to take the Islam in the near future. I'm protestant so far. :)

Date Posted: 13 March 2011 at 10:45pm
Salam/Peace,

May God almighty ease all of to follow his path.

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 14 March 2011 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Natalie St Natalie St wrote:

I'm also planning to take the Islam in the near future. I'm protestant so far. :)

May Allah swt ease the path for you and make it easy. Ameen

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Posted By: KuwaitiMuslim
Date Posted: 14 April 2011 at 3:53am
Islam puts a great emphasis on the mind. So Christmas, what's it's essence? Forget about the shopping and food. It's about family getting together :)
So how could that be against Islam? It isn't. Don't cut off your ties with your family sister. May Allah bless you and your family one by one :)

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 2:55pm
May Allah bless you and accept your efforts to get to know and accept Him as the only One to be worshipped and served, Ameen. My wife's family is Christian, we went last holiday season to visit them in Mexico. It was a time to get together and enjoy the family. We, me my wife and kids continued to do our Salaths on time, and excused ourselves for that, and they were very kind to not do any show off of their religious rituals in front of us. Mutual respect is sometime hard to earn, in our case we are lucky there were no issues, plus they are aware of our diet so there were no items aroud that would be haram for us.
Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net