Forum Description: Basics of Islam
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17677
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 11:27pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: True Concept of Ilm-e-ghaib
Posted By: knightrider786
Subject: True Concept of Ilm-e-ghaib
Date Posted: 01 November 2010 at 1:37am
As you know Ghaib means the hidden, the unseen. And Ilm-e-ghaib is called the knowledge of invisible things that can not be known by human senses. And can't be understood without arguments.

The knowledge of invisible is of two types 1- Personal 2- Granted

Personal knowledge unseen is specific to Allah Almighty . As describe in the holly Quran at many occasions.

1- 'say you , I do not say to you, I posses the treasures of Allah and nor I say I know the unseen my self.'
(para 7,surah 6, verse 50)

2- 'And if I would have known unseen my self , then I would have granted ample good '
(para 9, surah 7, verse 188)

3- 'And with Him (Almighty) are the bey of unseen , He (Almighty) only knows himself.'
(para 7, surah 6, verse 59)

4- ' Say you, whosoever are in the heavens and earth do not know themselves the unseen but Allah (Almighty)'
(para 20, surah 27, verse 65)

And another occasions Allah (Almighty) declared that no one except Allah (Almighty) has the Knowledge of unseen so it is proved that no body can know invisible by himself, except Allah(Almighty) And it is He who knows the inside and outside. Allah (Almighty) has granted his countless blessings to his creatures.

In his countless blessing a great Blessing in the knowledge of unseen which he has granted to his beloved Prophet as Allah (Almighty) Described in many ayats (verses) in the holy Quran.

"And it is not befitting to the dignity of Allah almighty that O general people He let you know the unseen. Yes, Allah Almighty choose from among His messengers whom He pleases."
(Para 4, Surah 3, Verse 179)

This "some knowledge" given to the Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) is countless in comparison to the knowledge of all creatures.

3- And Allah has sent down to you the book and wisdom and has taught to you what did you not know, and yet is the Grace of Allah upon
(Para 5 , sura 4, verse 113)

And Allah almighty taught you (O Prophet) what you did not know. (Commentary Jalalian)

"Means the orders of knowledge of unseen" (Commentary Kabeer)

"Allah Almighty taught you the Holy book (Quran) and hikmat and informed you their facts and mysteries "
(Commentary Khazin)

This is the knowledge of first and the last that was given to the Holy Prophet (Allah's grace & Peace be upon Him) in the night of 'Mairaj'. So it comes in the Mairaj-hadith, the prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) says ,

"I was under the Arsh when Allah almighty dropped a drop in my mouth so I knew the knowledge of the first and the last."

Means He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) was taught all things that He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) did not know before the Holy Quran descended.
(Commentary Bahrul haqaiq)

"We have left out nothing in the book."
(Para 7, sura 6, verse 38)

If Allah Almighty unlocks (unties) the lock of your hearts then you will know all that described in the Holy Quran and you will not need any thing else because there is clear declaration about all things in the Holy Quran. (Tabqate Kubra by Imam sharani)

It is meant by "kitab" Lohe Mahfooa (the Holy book in which names and particulars of all things are noted). As Lohe mahfooz consist of the knowledge of all that takes place in the universe. There is nothing left in it about any animal (living body) and minerals (in organic matters) Commentary "Anwartunzeel"

" There is left nothing about any creature in the Holy book (Quran) except those who are giving the knowledge of unseen by Allah Almighty, no body can know the facts described in the Holy Quran "
(Commentary taken from "Araisul Bayan)

It is told that meant by "The Man" Prophet (Muhammad Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) and he was taught the detail of the first and the last and also He was informed about the day of judgment"
(Commentary Khazin)

Allah Almighty taught our Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) the Holy Quran and mysteries about him as Allah says "We taught you all that you did not know before." (Commentary Roohul Bayan)

Many others verses can be presented to prove that Allah Almighty granted His prophets the knowledge of unseen but now we are writing some ahadith about this matter.

1- The Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) stood at a place and informed us of the beginning of creation (of creatures) and told us every thing even about those will enter the paradise or hell. He who remembered remembered and who forgot forgot. (Sahih Bukhari, Mishqat, Vol2)

In this hadith our Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) informed us of two things

1- How started the creation of creatures

2- How the end of this universe.

And did not leave any thing even told about these who will go the Hell and will enter the paradise. This is the knowledge of unseen. Imam Muslim (Rahmatullah Alaih) adds to this hadith

Allah Almighty folded the earth for me so I saw it east to west"
(Mishquat, Chapter Fazaile sayeedul Mursaleen)

5- I saw my Allah Almighty in his dignified position. He Almighty put his hand of providence on my chest and I found (felt) its (hand's) coolness in my heart and (by this) I came to know every thing of the skies and the earth. (Mishquat)

6- Allah Almighty presented the whole world (earth, universe) to me and (so) I am looking at it and also every thing which is going to take place in the universe just as I am looking at the palm of my hand."
(Sharh-a- mawahibul- ladunia by zarqani)

7- "Then every thing appeared to me and I recognized it".
(Mishquat)

It is clear form above coated commentaries and verse that there is nothing left which is not described in the Holy Qiran or in Lohe Mafooz. And both are taught to the Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him).

It means Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knows all that is described in the Holy Quran or Lohe mahfooz.

So He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) was given the knowledge of all things by Allah Almighty.

The Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) said "I know the names of those who will fight against the Dajjal and the names of their fathers and I also recognize the color of their horses they will be the best riders of their time.
(Mishquat, Chapter Almalhim Kitab Alfitan) By Muslim narration's

Now we describe the faith of the scholars of Islam about the matters.

1. Shaikh abdul Haq Muhaddith Dehelvi's (Rahmatullah Alaih) faith

"The Holy Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knows every thing. He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) Allah's (glorious, grander) and his orders, His praises (attributes) and actions. He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) came to know the knowledge of the first and the last and the internal and the external completely." (Madarigun - Nubuwah)

"Allah Almighty shows the beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) all that occur since Prophet Adam (Alihis salam) has been created till the day of judgment. So He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) could know the natures (particulars) of the firat and the last and the beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon him) informed some of his Shaba (Companions) (Radi Allahu Anhuma) about this." (mdarigun Nabuwah)

2. Allama Zarqani's (rahmatullah Alaih) faith.

"Hadith are mutawatir (a hadith narrated by such a number of scholars that it can not be said that they lied) and these have the meaning that our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) has a knowledge of unseen and this is not apposing to some verses in which Allah Almighty indocates that no body has the knowledge of unseen accept Allah Almighty, because Allah Almighty denies the knowledge of unseen from any person meaning personal knowledge (Specific to Allah ) , on the other hand our beloved Prophet's (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knowledge of the unseen by Allah's revelation. This is clear form the verse of the holy Quran (Sharh-e- Mawahib)

3. Qazi Iyaz's (Rahmatullah Alaih) faith

"Allah Almighty choose our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon him) by giving him the knowledge of expedience (convenience) that belongs to the world and religion as well. He Almighty also informed Him (Allah's Grace &Peace b upon Him) to the convenience of his Ummat, incidents that took place in the regions of previous Ummat and every major and minor incidents of His (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) ummat. He Almighty also gave Him (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) the knowledge of what is hidden in one's heart, different states of hearts, different duties, different ways of worship and the knowledge of mathematics (Hisab) " (Shifa Shareef)

4. Imam Basavi's faith

"This world and the next are due to His (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) blessings and the knowledge written by "Qalam" in 'Lohe' is a tiniy path of His (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knowledge"
(Qaseeda Burdah)

5. Ibraheem Hajwari's faith

Imam Ibraheem (Rahmatullah Alaih) says in the commentry on the couplet "If some one says 'if the knowledge of (Loh and Qalam) is a tiny part of our Prophet's (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knowledge, then what are His (Allah's Grace & peace be upon Him) other knowledges". He will be answered that other knowledges are the knowledge of the next world about which Allah Almighty informed Him (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) because the Qalam wrote in the Lohe that will take place till he day of judgment.

6. Mullah Ali Qari's faith

"The knowledge og the Loh and the Qalam is a stream from the riveres of our Prophet's (Allah's Grace & peace be upon Him) knowledge and it is like a word in the series of our Prophet's (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knowledge." (Commentary on the same copulate book "Hallul aqd"

7. Imam ibne hajar Makki's faith

" This is because Allah Almighty informed our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) of the whole universe hence He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knew the first and last and also knew t what had happened and what is going to happened." (Afzalul - Quda) The commentary of Qaseedah Buradah..

8. Mujadid-e Alf sani's faith

"The knowledge specific to Allah is given to only Allah's special apostals (Alaihis salam) " (Maktuba Vol. 1)

9. Maulana Abdul Ali Lakhnavi's fatih

"Allah Almighty informed our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) that knowledge that even Ime Aala does not consist of it and Lohe Mahfooz can not cover it. He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) is the unique creature in the universe and nobody, from the very beginning, is created like He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him ) and will not be created in the future." (Hawashi Meer Zahid)

10. The conclusion is that nobody knows the knowledge of unseen . It is specific to Allah Almighty without Allah's information either by revelation or as a miracle. (Sharh-e Aqaied -e- Nasfi)

11 Imam Qastalani's fatih

"Nobody know when will the day of judgment be, accept Allah Almighty and His chosen apostle (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) because Allah Almighty gives Him (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) his Almighty knowledge of unseen and a saint takes this knowledge from His apostles (Alaihis sslam) (Sharhe Bukhari book of commentary on Surah Raad)

12 Allama Jalaludeen's faith

Every ting which is going to take place in this ummat till the Day of Judgment, was presented before our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him)

13. Allama Imam Ghazali's faith

"There is no doubt that the messenger of Allah Almighty receives the knowledge of unseen either in his dream or in the state of awaking."
Ihyaul- uloom, Vol. 4)

14. Shah Abdul Aziz Muhaddis-e- Dehlavi's faith

Our beloved Prophet (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) recognises by His (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him ) light of prophet hood every Muslim's faith, the state of his faith and also the fact of his faith. He (Allah's Grace & Peace be upon Him) knows our sins. (Commentary azizi)

Some people raise the slogans of purifying Islam from innovations. But  in their attempt to purify Islam they  have completely changed Islam into a different religion. New faiths and practices are propagated by these sects  in massive Da'wa campaigns that have no relationship with the real teachings of Islam. Pls visit the following websites to know more about them, with  PROOFS !!!

http://www.islamieducation.com/en/refutation/ - http://www.islamieducation.com/en/refutation/

http://www.ja-alhaq.com/ - http://www.ja-alhaq.com/

http://www.correctislamicfaith.com/factsofsunnipractices.htm - http://www.correctislamicfaith.com/factsofsunnipractices.htm

http://www.ahlus-sunna.com/ - http://www.ahlus-sunna.com/

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net