Khaled ebn Al Waleed (Sword Of Allah)

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Islamic Personalties
Forum Description: Shahabah, Scholars, Leaders
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=176
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 12:17am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Khaled ebn Al Waleed (Sword Of Allah)
Posted By: M_Hafez
Subject: Khaled ebn Al Waleed (Sword Of Allah)
Date Posted: 19 March 2005 at 11:39pm
salamualykom wa rahmtu allah wa barakatu

Omar Ebn Al Khttab once said " The Women failed to born a man like Khaled Ebn Al Waleed " , and here the years come and go and we didn't find a man like Khaled Ebn Al Waleed . A man Who raise the word of Allah to every place on the Earth.......
Let's Begin :-

Who's KHaled ???!!!

This man who killed Muslims in Uhud and hate Muslims and Prophet (phuh) .....become Sword Of Allah (swt) and the best Islamic leader in the whole world !!!!!

Why Don't We Tell His Story of The Beginig....
He's Khaled ebn Al Waleed Ebn Al Mughera Ebn Abduallah Ebn Omar Ebn Makhzoom

His Father " Waleed Ebn Al Mughera " Was Very reich and was from first who fight islam and Muslims in Mecca

His Father Was Killed In Battle Badr by muslims . Khaleed was not there , he was with big arab trade caravan to syria

That was His Father...... and now
Who's Khaled??

Khaled Ebn Al Waleed Was Tall man and very similar to Omar Ebn Al Khattab Smile
once he become 16 years old his father " Waleed Ebn Al Mughera " prepare Khaled to become great warior , he learned him how to fight with sword , throw bow and ride horses

when Khaled become 18 years old he become the best one ride horse and throw bow while riding very fast in whole Mecca !!!

Khaled used to live in desert and know it secret ways . he lived tough life although his father was the riechst man in Mecca

Khaled had well built body even he was able to fight the strongest man in Mecca " Omar Ebn Al Khattab " ..
when he become 22 he was able to fight
so , He fought "Omar Ebn AL Khattab " and he broke his leg...

So , as we can notic Khaled was superior man since his youth even that " Quraish " give him leadership of Knights !!! Smile when he was 23 or 22 years old

-------------
I Love Khaled Ebn Al Waleed
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Replies:
Date Posted: 19 March 2005 at 11:47pm

if u have any comments for this topic plz PM me

wait for the second lesson

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 20 March 2005 at 3:04am

< Khaled Ebn Al Waleed against Islam >

-----------------------------------------------------

Now With Khaled Ebn Al Waleed and he decided to destroy Islam and Muslims..

The first Battle against Kuffar was Badr Battle but , as we said khaled was not there , He Was with arab trade caravan .

But , He Was the first Knight in Kuffar army in Uhud Battle, He was the leader of Kuffar Knights in this Battle.

Prophet Muhammed (phuh) command 50 muslim archers to hold their posotions on Uhud mountain and never come down from mountain..

The Battle :-

The Victory was very near to Muslims in the begining and kuffar ran away.

when archers saw that they went down from the mountain and didn't care about  Prtophet Muhammed's (phuh) commands , They Left their posotions .

<Where's Khaled Ebn Al Waleed> ? ! ! !

Khaled and about 200 knights were held their posotions and they didn't ran away like the others kuffar

one of kuffar asked him " why you still here.!!! We Have been defeated? "

Khaled smiled and said " No , Not Yet " (he saw archers left their posotions )

so , he took his knights and move around the mountain  , by this he made Muslims in front of him , Kuffar began to return back and Muslims ran away

By This Khaled ebn Al Waleed concedred The owner of this victory..

Years after this battle and Khaled Ebn Al Waleed was the first Knight in Kuffar Army in any battle against Muslims..

Khaled's Hatred toward Muslims and Islam increase and increase

After this Khaled Ebn Al Waleed was the first knight in Kuffar army against Muslims.

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 20 March 2005 at 3:05am

plz send me your opions and comments

salam

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Posted By: AhmadJoyia
Date Posted: 20 March 2005 at 2:55pm

Wow, you have so much info about Hazart Khalid Ben Walid. I am amazed. Can you help me find the answer to the question regarding this great General of Muslim army? Why was he demoted from his command by the Khalifah of the time (Probably by Hazarat Umar)? Plz don't mind my question as I love him too. The islamic history do talk very high of this man as he yet chose to fight in the same army as an ordinary fighter. I really couldn't find any appropriate answer for such a big decision.

Date Posted: 20 March 2005 at 10:33pm

Dear Ahmed

Sir Omar Ebn Al Khattab had demote Khaled Ebn Al Waleed for this reason :-

*as we know he's the only leader in the whole world that never loss a battle , as a result of this women in Madina and young child began to talk about him .become very very famous

so sir Omar Ebn Al Khattab demote him to make the people know that Allah who make victory not Khaled

* Omar Ebn Al Khattab was intending to retuen him back after Muslims make sure that Allah who make loss and victory.

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 20 March 2005 at 11:11pm

< Khaled Ebn Al Waleed and Islam >
-----------------------------------------------
How Khaled Ebn Al Waleed with all of his hatred toward Muslims became one of them !!!!

let's tell him story from the begining :-

When Messannger of God (phuh) and Muslims moved toward Mecca , Khaled was not accept to see Prophet Muhammed in Mecca , He took about 200 of kuffar Knights and move quickly toward Prophet Muhammed to Kill him (phuh) but , What Happened ? ? ? ?

They were praying " Al-Zuhur" some of Khaled's Soldeirs told Khaled to attack while they praying but , Khaled said " No " - He Was Nobel Knight- " Wait for them after Praying " so they wait  , Muslims prepared themselves to pray " Al-3asr" , Khaled told his soldeirs that Muslims will now enter into a pray that is much worth thatn their Life - He mean Salatu al 3asr .

But , Allah (swt) was sent down the basics of how to pray during a battle or war " salatu al 7`awf "
Khaled Ebn Al Waleed saw that he said to himself " This Man - Muhammed - is protected from someone - God- "

Islam began to move toward his Heart

he left them and wemt to his house and sound of Muslims increased and increased he was very Upset he said to himself again " Where Shal i go ?? go to rome and become christian ??? but my life here better than life there....Shall i go to Iraq and become one of them and worship fire??? but , my life here is better that there ........Shall i goto " Nagashy " but , he become Muslim . Where shall i go ????????????????? "
during this his Brother " Al Waleed ebn al Waleed " was going to Khaled's House but he didn't find him there so he left him a message .
When Khaled return home he saw the Message
  " Al salamu alikom Khaled , I went to your house but i didn't find you , and Messanger Of God ( phuh) ask me alot about you " Where's Khaled ? " He said (phuh) , (Allah make him come Messanger Of God " I replyed " is there someone like him ignore Islam , If he come we will make him better that Others " he  said (ohuh) " Khaled said " i was very happy that messanger of god he ask for me "
then he decided to convert Islam.
he said to himself " who shall i bring with me ? " he took " Osman Ebn Talha " and said " Osman i think that we were worng when we fought Muhammed Honor Of Muhammed Is Honor for Us " .so he took Osman and went to Madina To declare Islam .
during the way they met " Amr Ebn Al 3as " he was wanting to declare islam too

Three Men went to Madina , When Messanger Of God (phuh) saw them he smiled and say " Mecca had give you the best men it have "
Khaled move forward and say " Salamu alykom Messanger of god , Ask God to forgive me all what i did to Muslims "  , " Islam removed what before it " Messanger of god replyed
then Messanger Of God told him " I was seeing to you a great mind i hoped to guide you to the right path "
Then Khaled Began His New Life In Islam

Wait the fourth Part inshallah

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 21 March 2005 at 7:36am

Dear M_Hafez

Do you have any reference to your reason? Is this really the reason you think? This reason suggests that it was based merely on the gossips of the town at that time and led one of the wisest Caliphs of Islam to demote one of the most tallented Generals of Muslim army, that too, still engaged with the enemies at the war front, could it be justified? Of course, Allah selects people to get the Job done. He chose Prophets among people to convey His message. Similarly, one can easily argue, Allah might have chosen Hazarat Khalid (as you already know him as "sword of Allah") to do this job. Untill or unless you have some good source to support your answer, this reason doesn't seems to carry any weight. There are couple of other reasons as well, beside the one you told, that are usually forwarded, but they all seems to be literally unrealistic. For example, some would blame him using some sort of alcholic body spray that would keep him fresh and healthy all day long. On this, caliph immediately dommoted him for using alchol. This story is not only flawed with wrong premise of violation of any Islamic law, but also, doesn't merit its justification for the kind of action taken. I shall wait for your academically researched reply than rehotorics. Thanks and keep up the good work of educating us on this great man. 

Date Posted: 21 March 2005 at 10:27pm

Dear Ahmed

My Refrences is " Khaled ebn al waleed -sayfo allah-" book & " Khaled's geniusy " book - abbas al 3aqqad -

U know that sir Omar Ebn AL Khattab was intending to return Khaled back to leadership of the army .

Sir Omar Ebn Al Khattab was very just , wise and smart , he saw people sayin that Khaled Ebn Al Waleed who make victory , So He demote Him for a while

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 21 March 2005 at 10:42pm

The Battle of Mu�tahIt was the most significant and the fiercest battle during the lifetime of the Messenger of All�h [pbuh], a preliminary and a prelude to the great conquests of the land of the Christians. It took place in Jumada Al-Ula 8 A.H. / September 629 A.D. Mu�tah is a village that lies on the borders of geographical Syria.

The Prophet [pbuh] had sent Al-Harith bin �Umair Al-Azdi on an errand to carry a letter to the ruler of Busra. On his way, he was intercepted by Sharhabeel bin �Amr Al-Ghassani, the governor of Al-Balqa� and a close ally to Caesar, the Byzantine Emperor. Al-Harith was tied and beheaded by Al-Ghassani.

Killing envoys and messengers used to be regarded as the most awful crime, and amounted to the degree of war declaration. The Prophet [pbuh] was shocked on hearing the news and ordered that a large army of 3000 men be mobilized and despatched to the north to discipline the transgressors. [Za'd Al-Ma'ad 2/155; Fath Al-Bari 7/511] It was the largest Muslim army never mobilized on this scale except in the process of the Confederates Battle.

Zaid bin Haritha was appointed to lead the army. Ja�far bin Abi Talib would replace him if he was killed, and �Abdullah bin Rawaha would succeed Ja�far in case the latter fell.[Sahih Al-Bukhari 2/611] A white banner was raised and handed over to Zaid. [Mukhtasar Seerat Ar-Rasool p.327]

The Prophet [pbuh] recommended that they reach the scene of Al-Harith�s murder and invite the people to profess Islam. Should the latter respond positively, then no war would ensue, otherwise fighting them would be the only alternative left.

He ordered them:

"Fight the disbelievers in the Name of All�h, neither breach a covenant nor entertain treachery, and under no circumstances a new-born, woman, an ageing man or a hermit should be killed; moreover neither trees should be cut down nor homes demolished. [Mukhtasar Seerat Ar-Rasool p.327; Rahmat-ul-lil'alameen 2/271]"

At the conclusion of the military preparations, the people of Madinah gathered and bade the army farewell. �Abdullah bin Rawaha began to weep at that moment, and when asked why he was weeping, he swore that it was not love for this world nor under a motive of infatuation with the glamour of life but rather the Words of All�h speaking of Fire that he heard the Prophet [pbuh] reciting:

"There is not one of you but will pass over it (Hell); this is with your Lord, a Decree which must be accomplished." [Al-Qur'an 19:71]

The Muslim army then marched northward to Ma��n, a town bordering on geographical Syria. There news came to the effect that Heraclius had mobilized a hundred thousand troops together with another hundred thousand men of Lakham, Judham and Balqain � Arabian tribes allied to the Byzantines. The Muslims, on their part had never thought of encountering such a huge army. They were at a loss about what course to follow, and spent two nights debating these unfavourable conditions. Some suggested that they should write a letter to the Prophet [pbuh] seeking his advice. �Abdullah bin Rawaha was opposed to them being reluctant and addressed the Muslims saying: "I swear by All�h that this very object which you hold in abhorrence is the very one you have set out seeking, martyrdom. In our fight we don�t count on number of soldiers or equipment but rather on the Faith that All�h has honoured us with. Dart to win either of the two, victory or martyrdom." In the light of these words, they moved to engage with the enemy in Masharif, a town of Al-Balqa�, and then changed direction towards Mu�tah where they encamped. The right flank was led by Qutba bin Qatadah Al-�Udhari, and the left by �Ubadah bin Malik Al-Ansari. Bitter fighting started between the two parties, three thousand Muslims against an enemy fiftyfold as large.

Zaid bin Haritha, the closest to the Messenger�s heart, assumed leadership and began to fight tenaciously and in matchless spirit of bravery until he fell, fatally stabbed. Ja�far bin Abi Talib then took the banner and did a miraculous job. In the thick of the battle, he dismounted, hamstrung his horse and resumed fighting until his right hand was cut off. He seized the banner with his left hand until this too was gone. He then clasped the banner with both arms until a Byzantine soldier struck and cut him into two parts. he was posthumously called "the flying Ja�far" or "Ja�far with two wings" because All�h has awarded him two wings to fly wherever he desired there in the eternal Garden. Al-Bukhari reported fifty stabs in his body, none of them in the back. [Sahih Al-Bukhari 2/611]

Abdullah bin Rawaha then proceeded to hold up the banner and fight bravely on his horseback while reciting enthusiastic verses until he too was killed. Thereupon a man, from Bani �Ajlan, called Thabit bin Al-Arqam took the banner and called upon the Muslims to choose a leader. The honour was unanimously granted to Khalid bin Al-Waleed, a skilled brave fighter and an outstanding strategist. It was reported by Al-Bukhari that he used nine swords that broke while he was relentlessly and courageously fighting the enemies of Islam. He, however, realizing the grave situation the Muslims were in, began to follow a different course of encounter, revealing the super strategy-maker, that Khalid was rightly called. He reshuffled the right and left flanks of the Muslim army and introduced forward a division from the rear in order to cast fear into the hearts of the Byzantine by deluding them that fresh reinforcements had arrived. The Muslims engaged with the enemies in sporadic skirmishes but gradually and judiciously retreating in a fully organized and well-planned withdrawal.

The Byzantines, seeing this new strategy, believed that they were being entrapped and drawn in the heart of the desert. They stopped the pursuit, and consequently the Muslims managed to retreat back to Madinah with the slightest losses. [Fath-Al-Bari 7/513, 514; Za'd Al-Ma'ad 2/156]

The Muslims sustained twelve martyrs, whereas the number of casualties among the Byzantines was unknown although the details of the battle point clearly to a large number. Even though the battle did not satisfy the Muslims� objective, namely avenging Al-Harith�s murder, it resulted in a far-ranging impact and attached to the Muslims a great reputation in the battlefields. The Byzantine Empire, at that time, was a power to be reckoned with, and mere thinking of antagonizing it used to mean self-annihilation, let alone a three-thousand-soldier army going into fight against 200,000 soldiers far better equipped and lavishly furnished with all luxurious conveniences. The battle was a real miracle proving that the Muslims were something exceptional not then familiar. Moreover, it gave evidence that All�h backed them and their Prophet, Muhammad, was really All�h�s Messenger. In the light of these new strategic changes, the archenemies among the desert bedouins began to reconcile themselves with the new uprising faith and several recalcitrant tribes like Banu Saleem, Ashja�, Ghatfan, Dhubyan, Fazarah and others came to profess Islam out of their own sweet free will.

Mu�tah Battle, after all, constituted the forerunner of the blood encounter to take place with the Byzantines subsequently. It pointed markedly to a new epoch of the Islamic conquest of the Byzantine empire and other remote countries, to follow at a later stage.

The Prophet had informed the people of the martyrdom of Zaid bin Haritha, Jafar bin Abi Talib and Abdullah bin Rawaha before the news of their death reached. The Prophet said, "Zaid took the flag (as the commander of the army) and was martyred, then Jafar took it and was martyred, and then Ibn Rawaha took it and was martyred.."

At that time the Prophet's eyes were shedding tears. He added, "Then the flag was taken by a Sword amongst the Swords of Allah (Khalid bin Al-Waleed) and Allah made them (i.e. the Muslims) victorious."

Since that battle and Khaled called " Sword Of Allah"

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 23 March 2005 at 1:26am
Shortly thereafter, the Quraish violated their treaty with the Prophet (PBUH) and the Muslims marched under Khaled's command to conquer Makkah. The Prophet assigned the command of the right flank of the army to Khaled ebn al Waleed.

Khaled entered Makkah as one of the commanders of the Muslim army and the Muslim nation. He recalled his youth when he galloped across its plains and mountains as one of the commanders of the army of paganism and polytheism. Khaled stood there recollecting his childhood days playing on its wonderful pastures and his youthful memories of its wild entertainment. These memories of the past weighed down on him, and he was filled with remorse for his wasted life in which he worshipped inanimate and helpless idols.

But before he bit the tips of his fingers in remorse, he was overpowered by the magnificence and spell of this scene of the glorious light that approached Makkah and swept away all that came before it. The astounding scene of the weak and oppressed people, on whose bodies the marks of torture and horror still showed, was magnificent as they returned to the land they had been unjustly driven out of. Only this time, they returned on horseback under the fluttering standard of Islam. Their whispers at Daar Al-Arqam's house yesterday turned today into loud and glorious shouts of "Allahu akbar (Allah is the Greatest)", that shook Makkah and the victorious cry "There is no god but Allah", with which the entire universe seemed to be celebrating a feast day.

How did this miracle come about? What is the explanation of what had happened? Simply, there was no logical or rational explanation whatsoever, but the power of the verse that the victorious marching soldiers repeated with their "There is no god but Allah" and "Allahu akbar" as they looked with joy at one another and said, < (It is ) a Promise of Allah, and Allah fails not in His Promise > (30:6).

Then Khaledraised his head and watched in reverence, joy and satisfaction as the standard of Islam fluttered on the horizon. He said to himself, "Indeed, it is a promise of Allah and Allah fails not in His promise." Then he bent his head in gratitude and thanks for Allah's blessing that had guided him to Islam and made him one of thoee who would usher Islam into Makkah rather than one of those who would be spurred by this conquest to submit themselves to Islam.

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 23 March 2005 at 2:02am
Khaled was always near the Prophet. He devoted his excellent abilities to the service of the religion he firmly believed in and devoted his life to. After the glorious Prophet had died and Abu Bakr became the caliph,the sly and treacherous cyclone of those who apostatized from Islam shrouded the new religion with its deafening roar and devastating outbreak. Abu Bakr, quickly chose the hero of the battlefields and man of the hour, namely Abu Sulaimaan, The Sword of Allah, Khaled ebn al Waleed. It is true that Abu Bakr himself was at the head of the first army that fought against the apostates,nevertheless, he saved Khaalid for the decisive day and Khaled was truly the mastermind and inspired hero of the last crucial battle that was considered the most dangerous of all the apostasy battles.

When the apostate armies were taking measures to perfect their large conspiracy, the great Caliph Abu Bakr insisted on taking the lead of the Muslim army. The leaders of the Companions tried desperately to persuade him not to, yet his decision was final. Perhaps he meant to give the cause for which he mobilized and rallied this army a special importance, tinged with sanctity. He could not achieve his aim except by his actual participation in the deadly battle and his direct command of some or all of the Muslim troops. It was a battle between the power of belief against the power of apostasy and darkness.

The outbreak of apostasy posed serious threats, inspite of the fact that it started as an accidental insubordination. Soon, the opportunists and the malicious enemies of Islam, whether from the Arab tribes or from across the borders where the power of Romans and Persians perched, seized their last opportunity to hinder the sweeping tide of Islam. Therefore, they instigated mutiny and chaos from behind the scenes.

Unfortunately, mutiny flowed like an electric current through the Arab tribes, like Asad, Ghatfaan, 'Abs, Tii, Dhubyaan, then Bani 'Aamar, Hawaazin, Sulaim and Bani Tamiim. Hardly had the skirmishes started with limited numbers of soldiers than they were reinforced with enormous armies, often of thousands of warriors. The people of Bahrain, Oman and Al-Mahrah responded to this horrible plot.

Suddenly, Islam was facing a dangerous predicament, and the apostate enemy closed in upon the believers. But Abu Bakr was ready for them. He mobilized the Muslim armies and marched to where the armies of Bani "Abs, Bani Murah and Bani Dhubyaan gathered.

The battle started and went on for a long time before the Muslims achieved a great victory. No sooner had the victorious Muslim army reached Al-Madiinah than the caliph sent it on another expedition. News spread that the armies of the apostates were increasing in number and weapons by the hour.

Abu Bakr marched at the head of the second army, only this time, the prominent Companions lost their patience and clung to their opinion that the caliph should remain in Al-Madiinah. Accordingly, Imam 'Ally stood in Abu Bakr's way as he was marching at the head of the army and held the reins of his she camel and asked, "Where to, Caliph of the Prophet? I will tell you the same words that the Prophet told you in the Battle of Uhud: Sheathe your sword, Abu Bakr, and don't expose us to such a tragic loss at this critical time."

The caliph had to comply with this consensus. Therefore, he split the army into eleven divisions and assigned a certain role for each one. Khaled Ebn Al Waleed would be the commander over a large division. When the caliph gave every commander his standard, he addressed Khaled saying, "I heard the Prophet say, 'Khaled is truly an excellent slave of Allah and a brother of the same tribe. He is a sword of Allah unsheathed against disbelievers and hypocrites.'"

Khaled and his army fought one battle after another and achieved one victory after another until they reached the crucial battle.

It was in the Battle of Al-Yamaamah that Bani Haniifah and their allies from the Arab tribes organized one of the most dangerous armies of the apostasy, led by Musailamah the Liar. A number of Muslim forces tried to defeat Musailamah's army but failed. Finally the caliph ordered Khaled Ebn Al Waleed to march to where Bani Haniifah was camped.

No sooner had Musailamah heard that Khaled was on his way to fight him than he reorganized his army, turning it into a devastating and horrible enemy machine. Both armies met in fierce combat. When you read the history of the Prophet (PBUH) a perplexing awe will take hold of you, for you will find yourself watching a battle that resembles our modern battles in its atrocity and horrors, though it differs in weapons and tactics.

Khaled's army stopped at a sand dune that overlooked Al-Yamaamah. At the same time, Musailamah marched haughtily and with great might followed by endless waves of his soldiers. Khaled assigned the brigades and standard to the commanders of his army. As the two armies clashed in a terrible, large-scale, devastating war, the Muslim martyrs fell one by one like roses in a garden on which a stubborn tempest blew! Immediately Khaalid realized that the enemy was about to win the battle, so he galloped up a nearby hill and surveyed the battlefield. He realized that his soldiers morale was waning under the pressure of the blitz of Musailamah's army.

Instantly, he decided to trigger a new feeling of responsibility inside the Muslim army, so he summoned the flanks and reorganized their positions on the battlefield. He cried out victoriously, "Fight together in your own groups and let us see who will surpass the other and win the field." They all obeyed and reorganized themselves in their own groups. Thus, the Muhaajiruun fought under their i taidard, the Ansaar fought under theirs, and every group fought under its standard. It became fairly easy to determine where defect came from. As a result, the Muslims were charged with admirable enthusiasm, firmness, and determination.

Every now and then, Khaled was careful to cry out, "Allahu akbar" and "There is no god but Allah." He ordered his army in such a way that he turned the swords of his men into an inevitable victory that no one could escape. It was striking that, in a few minutes, the Muslim army turned the tables on Musailamah's army. Musailamah's soldiers fell in tens of hundreds and thousands like flies that were suffocated by the deadly spray of a pesticide. Khaled ordered his soldiers with a kind of enthusiasm that flowed into them like an electric current. This was a manifestation of his striking genius. This was the manner in which the most decisive and fierce battle of apostasy was conducted. In the end, Musailamah was slain and the bodies of his men were scattered on the battlefield. Finally, the standard of the liar imposter was buried forever.

On hearing the good news, the caliph offered the Prayer of Thanksgiving to Allah the Great and Most High for bestowing victory on the hands of this hero.

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 23 March 2005 at 2:03am
Abu Bakr had enough discernment and insight to realize the danger of the evil powers that perched on the borders, threatening the promising future of Islam and Muslims. These evil powers were the Persians in Iraq and the Romans in Syria. These two dwindling empires that clung tenaciously to the distorted remnant of their past glory were not only afflicting the people of Iraq and Syria with horrible torment, but also manipulating them. Notwithstanding the fact that the majority populations were Arabs, they instigated them to fight Muslim Arabs who carried the standard of the new religion which sought to pull down the vestiges of the ancient world and eradicate the decay and corruption in which it was steeped. The great and blessed caliph sent his orders to Khaled Ebn Al Waleed to march towards Iraq, so the hero did so.

I wish that I were given more space to follow up in detail the proceedings of his magnificent victory.

Upon arriving in Iraq, the first thing that Khaled did was to dispatch messages to every governor and deputy who ruled the provinces and cities of Iraq in the name of the emperor. These messages were as follows: In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficient, the Most Merciful. Khaled Ebn Al Waleed sends this message to the satraps of Persia. Peace will be upon him who follows the guidance. All praises and thanks be to Allah Who dispersed your power and thwarted your deceitful plots. On the one hand, he who performs our prayers directing his face to our Qiblah to face the Sacred Mosque in Makkah and eats our slaughtered animals is a Muslim. He has the same rights and duties that we have. On the other hand, if you do not want to embrace Islam, then as soon as you receive my message, send over the jizyah (tax levied upon non-Muslim people who are under the protection of a Muslim government) and I give you my word that I will respect and honor this covenant. But if you do not agree to either choice, then, by Allah,1 will send to you people who crave death as much as you crave life.

Khaled's scouts whom he planted everywhere warned him against the enormity of the armies that were organized by the commanders of Persia in Iraq. As usual, Khaled did not waste much time. Therefore, he flung his soldiers against the falsehood of disbelief so as to devastate it.

Victory followed him wherever he went, from Al-Ubullah, to As-Sadiir, An-Najaf, Al-Hiirah, Al-Anbaar then Al-Kaadhimiyah. There was one victory procession after another. The glad tidings of Khaled's arrival blew like a fresh breeze wherever he went to usher in Islam. The weak and oppressed people found sanctuary in the new religion that saved them from the occupation and oppression of the Persians.

It was impressive that Khaled's first order to his troops was, "Do not attack or hurt the peasants. Leave them to work at peace unless some of them attack you. Only then, I permit you to defend yourselves."
He marched on with his victorious army, swept his enemies, and cut through their ranks like a knife cutting through melting butter. The Aadhaan resounded everywhere. I wonder if it had reached the Romans in Syria? Did they realize that cries of "Allah is the Greatest" signaled the end of their deteriorating civilizations? Indeed, they must have heard. In fact, the Aadhaan cast terror into them, yet in a desperate attempt to recapture the phantom of their empire, they decided heedlessly to fight a battle of despair and perdition.

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 23 March 2005 at 2:20am
Abu Bakr Ag-Siddiiq mobilized his armies and chose a group of his prominent commanders such as Abu 'Ubaidah Ibn Al-Jarraah, 'Amr Ibn Alaas, Yaziid Ibn Abi Sufyaan and Mu'aawiyah Ibn Abi Sufyaan to lead them.

When the Roman emperor heard the news of the mobilization of these armies, he advised his ministers and commanders to make peace with the Muslims to avoid inevitable defeat. However, his ministers and commanders insisted on fighting and maintained, "By our Lord, we will make Abu Bakr's hair stand on end before his horses breed in our land." Consequently, they mobilized an army estimated at 240,000 warriors.
The Muslim commanders dispatched this terrifying news to Abu Bakr, who pledged, "By Allah, I will rid them of their doubts through Khaled." Thus, the antidote of their evil suggestions of mutiny, aggression, and disbelief, namely Khaled ebn Al Waleed, was ordered to go on an expedition to Syria, where he was to command the Muslim armies.

Khaled promptly acted upon his orders and left Iraq under Al-Muthannaa Ibn Haarithah's supervision and marched with his troops until they reached the Muslim headquarters in Syria. His ingenuity enabled him to organize the Muslim armies and coordinate their different positions in no time. Shortly before the outbreak of war, he addressed his warriors after he had praised and thanked Allah, saying, "This is Allah's day. On this day, we must not give way to pride not let injustice overrule. I advise you to purify your jihaad and your deeds for Allah. Let us take turns in command. Let each and everyone of us take over the command for a day."
"This is Allah's day." What a wonderful onset! "We must not give way to pride nor let injustice overrule." This sentence is even more graceful, adequate, and awesome. On the one hand, the great leader was not lacking in self-denial and cleverness, for inspite of the fact that the caliph had assigned the command of the army to him, he did not want to give Satan a chance to whisper in the breasts of his soldiers. Therefore, he relinquished his absolute hold on the army to every soldier in the ranks even though he was already the commander. Thus, the commander of the army rotated from day to day.

The enormous and well-equipped Roman army was really terrifying. On the other hand, the Roman commander realized that time was in the Muslims' favor, for they were given to protracted battles which would guarantee their victory. Therefore, he decided to mobilize all their troops for a quick battle to finish off the Arabs once and for all.

Undoubtedly the courageous Muslims, on that day, were gripped by fear and anxiety, yet in such predicaments they always resorted to their faith, in which they found hope and victory. Notwithstanding the might of the Roman armies, the experienced Abu Bakr had firm belief in Khaled's abilities; therefore he said, "Khaled is the man for it. By Allah, I will rid them of their doubts with Khaled Ebn Al Waleed."
Let the Romans parade their terrifying, enormous forces, for the Muslims had the antidote. Khaled Ebn Al Waleed mobilized and rallied his army, then divided it into brigades. He laid out a new plan for attack and defense that adhered to the Roman war strategy and tactics with which he was well-acquainted from his past experience with the Persians. He was ready for all possibilities. Strangely enough, the battle raged exactly as he had imagined it would, step by step and one fight after another. If he had actually counted the number of strokes of swords, he would not have been much more accurate. Before the two armies clashed, he was worried about the possibility that some of the soldiers, especially those who had newly embraced Islam, might flee upon seeing the terrifying and enormous Roman army.

Khaled believed that the ingenuity of victory and firmness were one and the same. He believed that the Muslim army could not afford the loss of even one of its soldiers, for it was enough to spread malignant panic and havoc inside the army, which was something that even the entire Roman army could not succeed in doing. In consequence, he was extremely firm concerning anyone who deserted his post and weapon and ran away. In the Battle of Yarmuuk, in particular, and afterwards, his troops took their positions. He called the Muslim women and, for the first time, gave them swords. He ordered them to stand at the rear of the lines to "Kill anyone who flees." It was the magic touch of a mastermind.

Shortly before the battle erupted, the Roman commander asked Khaled to show himself, for he wanted a few words with him. Khaled rode towards him, then they galloped to the area that separated the two armies. Mahan, the Roman commander, addressed Khaled saying, "We know that nothing but weariness and hunger made you leave your country and go on this expedition. If you wish, we shall give ten dinars, clothes, and food to every one of you, on one condition, that you return to your country and next year we will do the same."
Khaled gnashed his teeth, as he was provoked by his flagrant lack of manners, yet he repressed himself and answered confidently, "We didn't leave our country out of hunger as you said, but we heard that Roman blood is very delicious and tasty, so we have decided to quench our thirst with it."
Swiftly, the hero rode back to the ranks of his army and raised the Muslim standard to the full length of his arm, then he launched the attack.
Allahuakbar! Let the breeze of Paradise blow!

At once, his army was like a missile as it charged into the battlefield. They met in an extraordinary, monstrous, and deadly combat. The Romans rushed into the battlefield with an enormous number, yet they found that their foes were not an easy prey. The self-sacrifice and firmness that the Muslims displayed on that day were impressive.

In the first place, one of the Muslim soldiers rushed to Abu "Ubaidah Ibn Al-jarraah (May Allah be pleased with him) during the battle and said, "I have set my mind on martyrdom. Do you want me to take a message to the Prophet (PBUH) when I meet him?" Abu 'Ubaidah answered, "Yes, tell him we have indeed found true what our Lord had promised us."

Immediately, the man darted like an arrow into the horrors of the battlefield. He craved death; therefore, he fought fiercely with one sword while thousands of swords were thrusted into him until he won martyrdom.
Secondly, "Ikramah Ibn Abu Jahl -- yes, he was the son of the infamous Abu Jahl. He called out to the Muslims when the Romans were killing anyone who came within the sweep of their swords and said, "I fought against the Prophet before Allah guided me to Islam, so how can I possibly be afraid of fighting Allah's enemy after I submitted myself to Islam?"

Then he cried out, "Who gives me the pledge to death?" He was given the pledge to death by a group of Muslims. Then they broke through the enemy lines. They preferred martyrdom to victory. Allah accepted the bargain they had concluded through their pledge and they won martyrdom.

Thirdly, other Muslims were badly wounded and water was brought so that they might quench their thirst, yet when it was offered to the first one, he pointed to his brother who was lying next to him more seriously wounded and who was more thirsty. Again, when this brother was offered water, he in his turn pointed to his brother. Finally, the majority of them died thirsty after they had demonstrated an incredible example of self-denial and self-sacrifice. Indeed, the Battle of Al-Yarmuuk witnessed unprecedented and unmatched instances of self-sacrifice.

Among these striking masterpieces of self-sacrifice exhibited by the determined will of the Muslims was the extraordinary portrait of Khaled Ebn Al Waleed at the head of only 100 soldiers who flung themselves against 40,000 Romans. Khaalid kept calling out to his 100 soldiers saying, "By Allah, the Romans seemed to have lost their patience and courage, therefore I pray to Allah to let you have the upper hand over them."
How could 100 soldiers have the upper hand over 40,000? It is, indeed, incredible! Yet, were not the hearts of these 100 soldiers filled with faith in Allah the Most High, the Most Great? Were they not filled with faith in His trustworthy and honest Prophet (PBUH)? Were they not filled with faith in that cause which represents the most persistent vital issue in life? This cause represents piety and righteousness. And was not their Caliph Abu Bakr As-Siddiiq (Allah be pleased with him) the man who, while his flags were raised above the whole world, sat there in Al-Madiinah, the new capital of the new world, milking with his own hands the ewes of widows and kneading with his own hands the bread of orphans? Was not their Commander Khaled ebn al waleed the antidote for the doubts of tyranny, arrogance, oppression, and transgression? Was not the Sword of Allah drawn against the powers of backwardness, decay, and disbelief? Were not all these portraits a depiction of truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

So let the breeze of victory blow! Let it blow strong, mighty, and victorious!

Khaled's ingenuity impressed the Roman officers and commanders so much so that Jerjah, a Roman commander, asked Khaled to show himself during a rest in the fighting. When they met, the Roman commander asked him, "Khaalid, tell me the truth and do not lie, for the freeman doesn't lie. Did Allah send down on your Prophet a heavenly sword and he gave it to you, so that it enables you to kill anyone who comes within its sweep?" Khaled answered, "No." The man exclaimed," Then why do they call you the Sword of Allah?" Khaled explained, "Allah sent His Prophet to us. Some of us believed in him and others disbelieved in him. I was among the disbelievers until Allah guided my heart to Islam and to His Prophet (PBUH) and I gave him my allegiance. Therefore, the Prophet supplicated Allah for me and said, 'You are the Sword of Allah.'" The Roman commander asked, "What do you invits people to?" Khaled answered, "We invite people to monotheism and to Islam." He asked, "Does anyone who submits himself to Islam have the same reward as you?" Khaled answered," Yes, and even better." Jerjah exclaimed, "How, when you embraced Islam before he did?"
Khaled answered, "We lived with the Prophet and saw with our own eyes his signs and miracles. Now anyone who had the chance to see what we saw and hear what we heard was expected to submit himself to Islam sooner or later. As for you who did not see or hear him, if despite this you believe in him and in the unseen, you will find better and greater reward if you purify your conscience and intentions to Allah."
The Roman commander cried out as he urged his horse closer to Khaled and stood next to him, "Please, Khaalid, teach me Islam!" He submitted himself to Islam and prayed two rak'ahs. Soon, combat erupted and once again, the Roman Jerjah fought, but this time on the Muslim side until he won martyrdom.

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 23 March 2005 at 1:55pm

M_Hafez

There is a little confusion regarding their names and their mutual relationship that you mentioned here and I quote " Yaziid Ibn Abi Sufyaan and Mu'aawiyah Ibn Abi Sufyaan." I thought Yaziid was the son of Mu'aawiyah and Mu'aawiyah was the son of Abi Sufyaan as narrated in history books else where. Can you clarify this?

Date Posted: 24 March 2005 at 2:44am

salmaualykom

dear ahmed :-

about your question ... i put the names as it was in my refrences

read book " Men around the messanger " chapter.......> "Khaled ebn al waleed "

okay?

but , i'll check it myself first , may be i was mistaked

i'll check it now

and told you if you was right

salam

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 26 March 2005 at 11:46pm

Now, let us watch closely how human greatness was manifested in one of its most remarkable scenes. The first version narrated by the historian said that while Khaled was commanding the Muslim army in this bloody and crucial war and wresting victory out of the claws of the Romans with admirable master strokes, the new caliph, "Umar Ibn Al-Khaltaab, Commander of the Faithful, dispatched a message to him in which he saluted the Muslim army and announced the sad news of Abu Bakr's death (May Allah be pleased with him). Then he ordered Khaled to give up his command to Abu 'Ubaidah Ibn Al-JarraahKhaled read the message and supplicated Allah to have mercy on Abu Bakr and bestow His guidance on 'Umar. Then he strictly ordered the messenger not to tell anyone about the purport of the message and not to leave his place or communicate with anyone.

Then Khaled resumed his command of the combat and concealed the news of Abu Bakr's death and 'Umar's orders until they had achieved victory. Finally, the hour of victory came and the Romans were defeated.

It was only then that the hero approached Abu 'Ubaidah and saluted him. At first, Abu "Ubaidah thought that he did so in jest, yet he soon realized how serious and true this news was. Instantly, he kissed Khaled between his eyes and praised his greatness.

The second version of the same incident is that the message was sent to Abu'Ubaidah, who concealed the news from Khaled until the burden of war was over. Which of the two versions is authentic is not our concern here. The only thing that interests us here is Khaalid's conduct, which was superb in both versions.

I cannot think of a situation in which Khaled manifested more loyalty and sincerity than this one. It did not matter to him whether he was a commander or a soldier. Both ranks were one and the same to him as long as they enabled him to carry out his duties towards Allah Whom he believed in, the Prophet (PBUH) whom he gave allegiance to, and, finally, towards the religion which he embraced. This great self-control of Khaled and of other Muslims was not possible without the help and guidance of the unique type of caliphs who were at the head of the Muslim nation at that time. These caliphs were Abu Bakr and 'Umar. The mere mention of either name conjures up all the unique and great traits created in mankind.

Notwithstanding the fact that Khaled and "Umar were not exactly best friends, "Umar's decency, justice, and remarkable greatness were not in the least questioned by Khaled. Hence, his decisions and judgments were not questioned. The unbiased conscience of the man who issued these orders reached the apex of piety, steadfastness, and veracity.

'Umar, the Commander of the Faithful, had nothing against Khaled but his overburdening and sharp sword.

He vented these reservations when he suggested to Abu Bakr that Khaled should be dismissed after the death of Maalik Ibn Nuwairah. He said, "Khaled's sword is overburdening." He meant that it was swift, sharp, and harsh. The Caliph As-Siddiiq said, "I would not sheathe what Allah had unsheathed against the disbelievers."

Notice that "Umar did not say that Khaled was overburdening but used "overburdening" to describe the sword rather than the man. Not only did these words manifest the elevated politeness of the Commander of the Faithful but also his profound appreciation of Khaled.

Khaled was a man of war from head to toe. He dedicated his whole life before and after his Islam to becoming a shrewd and daring knight. Even his environment and the way he was brought up were devoted to that ultimate goal.

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 26 March 2005 at 11:52pm
We will always repeat the words of 'Umar the Commander of the Faithful about Khaled: "Women who give birth to men like Khaalid are extremely rare," as well as our earnest wish along with "Umar that his sword would lose its rashness.

On the day of his death, 'Umar cried excessively. Later, people learned that his grief was not only caused by his personal loss, but also by the loss of his last chance to return the command to Khaled now that people were no longer infatuated with him. The reasons behind his dismissal were now gone. Only this time, unfortunately, the man was gone too.

Indeed, the great hero rushed to take his place in Paradise. For it was about time he caught his breath, considering the fact that no one on earth had been more restless than he. It was really about time his exhausted body would sleep for a while, considering that he was described by his friends and enemies alike as "A sleepless man who would not let anyone sleep."

If it were for him to decide, he would have chosen to live on until he had demolished all the decaying ruins of the ancient world and continued his jihaad in the way of Allah and Islam.

The sweet fragrance of this man's spirit will linger forever more whenever horses neigh and the edge of swords glitter and the standards of monotheism flutter over Muslim armies. He used to say, "Nothing is dearer to me than a frosty night in the company of an infantry of Muhaajiruun when we are to attack the disbelievers in the morning. Not even the night in which I was wedded to a new bride or received the glad tidings of the birth of a new child."

Therefore, the tragedy of his life, in his opinion, was dying in bed after he had spent his entire life on horseback, raising his glittering sword. It was difficult for him to accept that he was to die in bed after all the battles he had fought next to the Prophet (PBUH), and after he had annihilated the Roman and Persian empires and after he had galloped to Iraq where he achieved one victory after another until he had liberated it. Then he had turned to Syria where he had achieved one victory after another until he had set it free from the bonds of disbelief.

mspite of his position as a commander, he was so modest that if you had seen him you would not have distinguished him from among his soldiers, yet at the same time, you would have known at once that he must be a commander from the way he shouldered responsibilities and set himself as a grod example.

Again, the tragedy of this hero's life was dying in bed. He said as his tears flowed, "All the battles I fought in left my body scarred with wounds and stabs everywhere, yet here I am dying in bed as if I had never witnessed war before. I hope that the cowards will not have a day's rest even after I am dead."

These words were becoming of such a man. When the moment of departure was close, he dictated his will. Can you guess to whom he left all his valuables? It was to 'Umar Ibn Al Khattaab himself. Can you guess what were his valuables? They were his horse and his weapon. And what? He had nothing else to bequeath but his horse and weapon.

Thus, his only obsession while he was alive was achieving victory over the enemies of truth. He was not in the least obsessed with life, with all its splendors and luxury. There was one thing that he obsessively cherished and treasured. It was his helmet. He lost it in the Battle of Al-Yarmuuk, and he exhausted himself and others in searching for it. When he was criticized for that, he said, "I keep it for luck, for it has some hairs of the Prophet's forehead. It makes me feel optimistic that victory is within reach."

Finally, the body of the hero left his home carried on the shoulders of his companions. The deceased's mother took one last look at the hero, her eyes full of determination tinged with sadness as she commended him to Allah's protection and said, "There are far, far better than a thousand men who flung themselves into the battlefield. Do you ask me about his valor? He was much more courageous than a huge lion that protects its cubs in the time of danger. Do you ask me about his generosity? He was far more generous than an overwhelming torrential rain that slides down from the mountains."

"Umar's heart throbbed and his eyes flowed with tears when he heard her recite these lines of poetry: "You spoke the truth. By Allah, he was everything you said he was."

The hero was buried. His companions stood at his grave in reverence. They felt that the whole universe was so peaceful, humble, and silent that it seemed as if the whole world went into mourning.

I imagine that this awesome stillness was broken only by the neighing of a horse that tugged at its halter and went to its master's grave guided by his scent. As it reached the silent congregation and the moist grave, it shook its head and neighed sharply as it used to do when the hero was on its back devastating the thrones of Persia and Rome, curing the delusions of paganism and oppression, and eliminating the powers of backwardness and disbelief to pave the way for Islam. As it fixed its eyes on the grave, it kept on raising and lowering its head as if it were bidding its last farewell to its master and hero. Then it stood still with its head raised, yet its eyes flowed with tears. Khaalid bequeathed it along with his weapons to 'Umar in the way of Allah. Yet who is valiant and great enough to deserve to mount it after Khaled?

Alas, you hero of all victory, the dawn of all nights. You soared with your army above the horrors of war when you said to your soldiers, "The darkest hour is that before dawn." This became a saying afterwards.
May Allah bless your morning, Abu Sulaimaan. May Allah bestow glory, praise, and eternity on you, Khaalid.

Let us now repeat after 'Umar the Commander of the Faithful the sweet elegy with which he paid his last farewell to Khaled: "May Allah have mercy on you, Abu Sulaimaan. What you have now is far better than what you had in life, for you are now with Allah. You were honored in life and content in death."

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 26 March 2005 at 11:53pm
Done

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 28 March 2005 at 10:28pm
taken from book " Men around prophet "

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 12 October 2005 at 4:48am

i ask allah to make me with him in the paradise

say amen

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Date Posted: 12 October 2005 at 9:10am
O my brother what took you so long to offer this prayer, though short enough to have said much earlier? Nevertheless, Amen for your prayer.

Date Posted: 15 October 2005 at 5:14am

my dear bro AhmadJoyia

u r right

i was too late

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Posted By: Fatah-Momin
Date Posted: 08 November 2005 at 8:29pm

Asalaam alikum,

It is very heart warmming to see that we still do have fans of Muslim heros today, Hazrat Khalid Bin Waleed [ra] is one of the greatest general of All times, even today army generals study his manuvers.

Here is the link to a book which deals fairly with this Sword of Allah.

http://www.swordofallah.com/html/bookhome.htm - http://www.swordofallah.com/html/bookhome.htm

Date Posted: 10 September 2006 at 2:36am

wait for the second Part insha'allah

-------------
     ( Sword Of Allah)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net