Print Page | Close Window

Sex while being pregnant

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Groups : Women (Sisters)
Forum Description: Groups : Women (Sisters)
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17113
Printed Date: 18 April 2024 at 7:18pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Sex while being pregnant
Posted By: Divya_Mohammed
Subject: Sex while being pregnant
Date Posted: 16 July 2010 at 7:51am
Assalam Alaikum,

I am a new Muslim convert (Earlier I was a Hindu Iyer Brahmin Girl ) for the last 3 months and I am married to a Muslim Man. I am married to him for last 14 months.

I am blessed in being pregnant now with twins in my womb and my husband insists for sex each day even now. In my earlier religion it is forbidden to have sex while being pregnant.

As a pregnant Muslima now, is it Halal or Haram to accept sex when my husband desires. I am scared whether Allah will curse me and my Muslim family and my muslim children growing within me, if I agree to my husbands sexual advances.

If it is my Islamic duty to accept sex from my Muslim husband, I will gladly accept and cooperate with him to enjoy every moment of sex and also give him maximum sexual satisfaction.

Thanks to Allah, that in Islam, I realise that the Glorious Muslim Way of Life provides a definitive answers to all questions that arise in human mind.

Allah Hafiz
Divya Mohammed Iyer

Replies:
Posted By: semar
Date Posted: 16 July 2010 at 3:34pm
Assalamu alaikum,

Congratulation for the pregnacy. Yes, you can have sex, why not. You and your husband no need to "fast' for the whole 9-10 months because you are pregnant. The only things that you can not to have sex Islamically is when you still have disharge (bleeding) after you deliver the baby. If I am not mistaken, usually about 30-40 days, after you are "clean" again you can start your regular activity. Enjoy!!

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 16 July 2010 at 5:13pm
Salaams,

Yes check with your doctor.. for every woman's pregnancy is different. Your health is what is important.

And sister, as a Muslim we do not believe that Allah would "curse" your child based upon a decision you made.  We do not believe that someone else pays for the sins of another.  You very well not have sex and a medical problem will arise.  And IF something is not "perfect" to think God would curse them really thinks ill of God.

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Posted By: muslima1
Date Posted: 16 July 2010 at 11:18pm
Salam Sister,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. As mentioned above, you can have sex with your husband throughout your pregnancy. Now there are some specific sexual activities that are not recommended by doctors, I am not sure if I can write them here, so I would consult your doctor so they give you the specifics or maybe check online.

Posted By: fais
Date Posted: 16 July 2010 at 11:21pm

Dear sister,

I am happy that you have accepted islam with full heart as most women just accept for their husband sake,

there are few things still left in your mind from your previous relegion,get rid of this,like not eating beef and a long list.

when mohammed s.a.w wowed not have honey as it smelled bad to one of his wife on this allah reavealed one ayat translation do not make halal thing haram on you.plz forgive as not exact words from quran but hope u know what i m saying.

It is not good to say no to your husband without any good medical reason,if u not medically fit then obiously u have the excuse and husband should not insist but if there is nothing then its a duty of the wife to please her husband denying to which will get curse from angels whole night if the husband does not forgive.

You are a new muslim and i want you to take this possitively the rules of islam,you do your own reasearch if want as i am not alim but accept it if this there in islam.

hope this helps
dear all correct me if i am wrong

Regards
Faisal

Date Posted: 17 July 2010 at 7:01am
Assalam Alaikum,

I thank all the people who have encouraged and enhanced my faith in Islamic thought, which is so meaningful at philosophical and practical level.

I am in week-14 second trimester of pregnancy and doctor told me that I am healthy and and my two babies are also healthy and I should take lot pf proteins. I am eating lot of meat  beef and fruits vegetables etc.

I will consult doctor also as advised and if she also clears I will not have any worry about having sex with my husband which I feel is a great duty to every muslim woman.

All Praise to Allah always.

Allah Hafiz
Divya Mohammed Iyer

Posted By: fais
Date Posted: 17 July 2010 at 8:00am

Thnx sister,

thnx for taking the comments positively,may your children become the blessing for the umma,BIL BARQA

Regards

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 17 July 2010 at 9:43pm
enjoy!

I have to say some positivity around the place! its great to see. Smile

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: Pati
Date Posted: 18 July 2010 at 3:27am

Dear,

Congratulations for the pregnancy. This is the best of God's gifts for us.

But just a small comment: sex is not a duty, but a right. You should do it whenever you want, and in this moments, you have your right to decide when you want. In case you really feel that you cannot have it for physical reasons, just tell him that you cannot.

And opposite, in case you feel you want it, ask for it, because as wife, it's your right also.

I wish you a happy pregnancy, because as far as I know, it's very special to feel how the life is growing inside you. And actually, you have two lives inside!!! God bless you all.

All the best,
Patricia

-------------
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.

Date Posted: 19 July 2010 at 4:00pm
Assalam Alaikum

Thank you so much Patricia. Good to have your opinion and advice.

I am only 21 and as such cannot ask my mom, especially after my religious conversion to being a Muslim from being a Hindu. I feel ashamed when I think of asking my in-law. This is a good satisfaction for me3 to know that I have so many people who offer advice with prayers in their lips.

God bless all of you

Allah Hafiz
Divya Mohammed Iyer

Posted By: Pati
Date Posted: 20 July 2010 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Divya_Mohammed Divya_Mohammed wrote:

Assalam Alaikum

Thank you so much Patricia. Good to have your opinion and advice.

I am only 21 and as such cannot ask my mom, especially after my religious conversion to being a Muslim from being a Hindu. I feel ashamed when I think of asking my in-law. This is a good satisfaction for me3 to know that I have so many people who offer advice with prayers in their lips.

God bless all of you

Allah Hafiz
Divya Mohammed Iyer
Hi again, dear,

It's not matter of religion, is matter of life. The wife is from the husband, and opposite, the husband is from the wife. You should never forget it.

Both of you have a duty with the other to satisfice him/her, to understand, to help, to love, and to support over everything. This is the basis of marriage, all matter of love and understanding each other.

If I can help you in any other thing, don't hesitate to ask me Wink ... but I will talk just as woman, not as a religious person (Christian, in my case). I believe that God commandements for marriage are the same in all religions.

Smile

Hugs
Patricia

-------------
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.

Posted By: Sadia786Rabbani
Date Posted: 12 January 2013 at 4:26am
Salaam alaikoom Wa Reh ma Tullahi Wa barakatuhu, sister

Alhamdulilah you have converted to islam and Mubarak to you and all your family, may Allah swt keep you guided, correctly informed about islam and protect your family in sickness and in health Ameen....

Answer:

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

Engaging in sexual intercourse and cohabiting with ones wife while she is pregnant is perfectly permissible from an Islamic perspective.

Sayyiduna Sad ibn Waqqas (Allah be pleased with him) reports that a man came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and said: I practice coitus interruptus (withdrawal method) with my wife. The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) inquired: why do you do that He replied: A man is more apprehensive regarding his child. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give peace) said: If this was harmful then it would have been harmful to the Persians and Romans (Sahih Muslim).

The great Hanafi scholar, Mulla Ali al-Qari (Allah have mercy on him) states in the explanation of this Hadith in his famous treatise Mirqat:

The statement A man is more apprehensive regarding his child is referring to the child in the stomach of the wife. Meaning, so that she does not conceive again, thus have twins, which will be a cause of both becoming weak. Or it refers to the child she is breast feeding, meaning sexual intercourse is harmful to the suckling child.

The statement of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) If this was harmful means, if sexual intercourse was harmful during the period of breastfeeding or when the woman is pregnant (Mirqat al-Mafatih, 6/238).

From the above, one may conclude that Islamically there is nothing wrong in sexual relations during pregnancy. The presence of the pregnancy does not prevent the permissibility of sexual intercourse.

What if there is harm?

However, many scholars have stated that if a particular woman is advised by a physician that it is harmful for the child or herself that she engages in sexual intercourse, then it should be avoided.

I hope this information is helpful sister, insha'Allah,
Allah hafiz

Posted By: Aysha_kants
Date Posted: 15 February 2013 at 6:07pm
Salamualaikum my name is Aysha am from nigeria pls sisters am 3 mounth pregant but I need an adivce cause in this stage I don't like sex I feel pain and my husband has never complain but can see it on his face pls I need advice on what to do so I can satisfield his need.and what I should be eating during pregancy cause is my first time.thanks may Allah reward you all

Posted By: whitesubsammy
Date Posted: 13 March 2016 at 3:08am
can muslims be with white girls? does it have to be marriage?

Posted By: melindastone13
Date Posted: 30 March 2016 at 6:59am
Has pregnancy spiked your interest in sex? Or is sex the last thing on your mind? Either way, here's what you need to know about sex during pregnancy : http://motherhow.com/sex-during-pregnancy-is-it-healthy/

Posted By: Saleha_Kh
Date Posted: 31 March 2016 at 1:22pm
Dear Sis,

Congrats.

There shouldn't be any issue with that. But there are certain sex positions which are comfortable in those days and there are some which should be avoided to reduce the chances of any harm.

Posted By: Aman Shaikh
Date Posted: 10 May 2016 at 5:02am
Salam Walikum

Congretulations for you born sweet baby.i think so pragnancy time sexual actiivity not good for your health. both are(you and your baby) .

Khuda Hafiz.

Posted By: Ilalang.id
Date Posted: 30 July 2016 at 10:41am
Assalammualaikum..

Congratulation sister for your pregnancy. Just want to share my experience, when my wife pregnant couple year ago, we still having sex regularly. Until one day after 8 months of her pregnancy, she get bleeding after have sex. Luckily, she and my baby was ok.

So, based on my experiences you and your husband need to be careful.

Posted By: Marina45
Date Posted: 20 December 2017 at 12:10am

Hello everyone, today I would like to ask you how you love your pregnant wife. And to advise some articles on this matter.
motherhow.com/pregnant-wife

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net