ISLAM IS FAILING IN AFRICA( @fast pace)

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Politics
Forum Name: World Politics
Forum Description: World Politics
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1673
Printed Date: 24 April 2024 at 11:51pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: ISLAM IS FAILING IN AFRICA( @fast pace)
Posted By: blkmuslim
Subject: ISLAM IS FAILING IN AFRICA( @fast pace)
Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:49am
As a person who was born there and went to school in that continent I have to tell you we are not doing enough and organisations like Africa Muslims Agency are not doing their job properly
As you all know its the continent where its people are the poorest in the world but richest in natural resources we have new problem-EVALENGICAL CHRISTIANS from UNITED STATES

but let me give a brief Flashback:
When Europeans Agents of colonials (Missionaries&traders) went to Africa they found Arabs were already there doing business and slave trade but Europeans were more smarter as they bought the localchiefs..converted them to christianity,built schools and hospitals and in the end all the village converted except some certain areas where some of the chiefs refused they resorted into indirect rule..never converted them into christianity but still got what they wanted..raw materials for Europe and to be fair if you go deep in Africa you are more likely to be met by a huge Church and beside it a school and a Hospital something that early ARABS never bothered to do as it was just converting a chief-get some slaves-buld a masjid here and there thats all
Now you cant win over people by that only..you need morer than that-IVEST IN THEM!

Fast foward 2005

Now we have a new bred of COLONIALISM there.Africa is so poor and people there live below 50p a day and they have faith in the religions there as that fanmours evalengical went there in 1980's(REINHARD BONKE) aFRICANS WERE CONVERTING TO CHRISTIANITY EN MASSES and now what we have is all sorts of neo -conservatives sponsored evalengicals doing their work in Africa by building schools,Hospitals,cheap houses,cheap loans and introduction of high tech farming projects and so on they are like a country within a country and believe me they are now CONVERTING TO CHRISTIANITY like you've never seen before

I believe that Muslim Agencies working or willing to work there should do more than just buld mosques and couple of schools and thats it
You want to influence people them Involve them in a more matured and decent way otherwise in 100 yeah there will be only 30% African muslims left

Replies:
Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 12:12pm
Muslim organizations need to improve the treatment of women  and children in Africa. They also need to stop female genital mutilation!! Until this happens many will keep converting because the christians trick them by being more humane and loving. Only when Muslims improve the education for poorer countries like in Africa and improve thier overall condition will this conversion stop. Otherwise it is our own faults!!!

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 12:54pm
P.S> Many muslims sadly are prejudiced against black people even though it is unislamic. I think they care less about the suffering in Africa than Palestine or Iraq because they care more about Arabs than Africans. This prejudice is widespread and I have had 3 friends who when were looking for husbands were told by thier parents in no uncertian terms do not marry an African Muslim. One friend who was Palistinian was told she would be disowned if she married a Somali she was talking with. Sorry to say, that Muslims do not care enough for thier brothers and sisters in Africa. And to add the suffering of many non muslim women and children who are suffering poverty and disease in Africa that we should be helping too!!!

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 4:11pm

Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

P.S> Many muslims sadly are prejudiced against black people even though it is unislamic. I think they care less about the suffering in Africa than Palestine or Iraq because they care more about Arabs than Africans. This prejudice is widespread and I have had 3 friends who when were looking for husbands were told by thier parents in no uncertian terms do not marry an African Muslim. One friend who was Palistinian was told she would be disowned if she married a Somali she was talking with. Sorry to say, that Muslims do not care enough for thier brothers and sisters in Africa. And to add the suffering of many non muslim women and children who are suffering poverty and disease in Africa that we should be helping too!!!

with views like that Islam has a very long way to go in Africa..as the face of religious propagation has changed completely in the last 2 decades

Posted By: nico
Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 4:37pm

I believe another reason why Islam is failing in Africa is because of the treatment of non-Muslims by Muslim states especially in Sudan, and Northern Nigeria. Most Africans appreciate and want to live by Western norms of morality, and ethics, human rights, and democracy as defined by the West, not Islam. Most Africans see the enforcement of Shari'a and don't like it. While they have alternatives like Xtianity which is fundamentally more individualistic and more peaceful and is now the fastest growing religion due to the fact imo that is states in much stronger terms then any other religion peace, tolerance, and love. Things that Africa has lacked for the past 50 years, and looking at Muslim states in the continent it is not something to emulate. 

Posted By: b95000
Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:01pm

Muslim organizations need to improve the treatment of women  and children in Africa. They also need to stop female genital mutilation!! Until this happens many will keep converting because the christians trick them by being more humane and loving. Only when Muslims improve the education for poorer countries like in Africa and improve thier overall condition will this conversion stop. Otherwise it is our own faults!!!

How do you 'trick' people by being 'humane and loving?'

-------------
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by blkmuslim blkmuslim wrote:

with views like that Islam has a very long way to go in Africa..as the face of religious propagation has changed completely in the last 2 decades

I have been trying to discuss the poor in Kenya, in Kisumu, Kenya, with people on this board and I was told it was 'off topic' and not pertinent nor the same as discussing the Palestinian plight.

How is this so?  Is there some index to great suffering that the Palestinians are on top of somehow?  Please that is absurd!

And I have affirmed how Palestinians have gotten a raw deal from history, but they now do have an opportunity in front of them to create a nation..

We all have choices to build or destroy...it is within the hands of each of us..

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 30 July 2005 at 2:18am
I know what you mean...as I said I was in Africa (east Africa) and the coastal arreas which are known to have majority of Muslims who resnt being converted to christianity have EMBRASSED the fire of evalengical christians from AMERICA whose govt has been giving money to the faith based groups-nothing wrong with that but these groups  are doing some real hard work on the ground there ..before it used to be Catholics from Italy,Scotland and Ireland but nowadays its changed and  a good example is Loyola(google them) you will see the way they know how to swim with fish in the water......

Posted By: nico
Date Posted: 30 July 2005 at 9:57am
What is wrong with proselytizing? As long as these people aren't forcibly converting the locals into the religion they are following the Islamic concept of no coercion in religion. If they are able to win hearts and minds through word, and idea. Then maybe the problem doesn't lie with the evangelicals but with the lack of attention given to black Muslims.

Date Posted: 30 July 2005 at 4:35pm
B95000 I mean tricking them becuase as Muslims we believe the trinity is a manmade invention. Not tricking them as in the Christians aren't really loving and sisncere. They are, however I believe evangelical Christianity has little to do with what Jesuses real message was. And we Muslims as you know beleive that we should worship Allah or God alone and not worship Jesus. That is how they are tricked in my opinion, peace...

-------------

Date Posted: 31 July 2005 at 4:52pm
blkmuslim as you can see, sorry to say few of your arab brothers have responded. It seems they don't care enough about the plight of Africa. so sad!!!

-------------

Posted By: Yusuf.
Date Posted: 31 July 2005 at 5:20pm
I don't think too many Arabs actually visit and/or participate in this forum. Most of the people here that I have become acquainted with are Turkish or American (presumably European) reverts.

-------------
Yusuf

Date Posted: 02 August 2005 at 5:59pm

B95000 I mean tricking them becuase as Muslims we believe the trinity is a manmade invention. Not tricking them as in the Christians aren't really loving and sisncere. They are, however I believe evangelical Christianity has little to do with what Jesuses real message was. And we Muslims as you know beleive that we should worship Allah or God alone and not worship Jesus. That is how they are tricked in my opinion, peace...

Jenni, thanks for clarifying.  I think there are many loving Muslims and Christians and Jews and secularists...we need to be cautious, as others have pointed out recently, I think Yusuf, to respect people with common courtesies.

As to the teaching of the tri-une nature of God, I can only speak for myself.  I don't believe the Trinity is trickery - I view it as a unique teaching to the New Testament.  For instance, Jesus said, "Before Abraham was born, I am."  This claim to Deity was rejected by the Jewish leaders there and they took up stones to try to kill him right then.

Here's the full context in the Gospel of John, Chapter 8:
39"Abraham is our father," they answered.

"If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would[ http://bible.gospelcom.net/passage/?search=john%208&version=31#fen-NIV-26411d" title="See footnote d - d ] do the things Abraham did. 40As it is, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41You are doing the things your own father does."
      "We are not illegitimate children," they protested. "The only Father we have is God himself."

The Children of the Devil
    42Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. 43Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? 47He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."
The Claims of Jesus About Himself
    48The Jews answered him, "Aren't we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?"

49"I am not possessed by a demon," said Jesus, "but I honor my Father and you dishonor me. 50I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. 51I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death."

52At this the Jews exclaimed, "Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that if anyone keeps your word, he will never taste death. 53Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?"

54Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and keep his word. 56Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad."

57"You are not yet fifty years old," the Jews said to him, "and you have seen Abraham!"

58"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" 59At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

-------------
Bruce

Posted By: Whisper
Date Posted: 02 September 2005 at 3:22pm

Like faking interest say in Iraq and Iraqi deaths while being utter idiotic racists.

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 02 September 2005 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Like faking interest say in Iraq and Iraqi deaths while being utter idiotic racists.

Tricking people is a can do, If you're pretty good at acting.....  People can lie can't they?, deception anyone ??....

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 02 September 2005 at 11:55pm
Angelo, yes anyone can but no one can ever beat extremist lying and as if with absolute faith - somehow American ultra right death cultists (the 52,000 feet from the air kind) are far far better trained for it.

Date Posted: 07 September 2005 at 12:54am
"ultra right death cultists..."

And no mention of Saddam - amazing - or the Taliban - stunning.  Or Niarobi or Dar al Salaam - unbelievable.  Or New York, Baghdad, Kandahar or London - unreal.  Or the anthrax - or the sarin - or the dirty nukes - or, or, or, or, or, or...but you can somehow satisfy yourself with your extremist blatently hypocritical communist rhetoric and hope the rest of the world bathes in your pathetic anti-American blood lust..

Oh, hey Sasha, how's it going?  How are your clans doing in Afghanistan...still worried about the pizza man Karzai?  I know, it takes a lot of good energy to be so negative and blast Americans as a full time occupation - hope you still have a little time left for your family, friends, clans' responsibilities...

-------------
Bruce

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 07 September 2005 at 10:43am

There are such a variety of situations in Africa. People want to feel like they are loved. Two aspects that stand out:

In Christianity one is taught that God loves you. That if you believe then you will be saved. People in desperate situations need hope. God is there for the downtrodden and oppressed. People in desperate situations need hope, this is a powerful message� As its been brought up the people on Africa have been forsaken by others. war, colonialism, neo-colonialism have exacted a terrible price upon people there. 

Another aspect is that in Christianity Jesus lived and worked his life to help the poor, the downtrodden, the suffering. That is a strong message the Jesus came for them. I know it is one strain of Catholicism � liberation theology. It is hugely strong in Latin and Central America.  This is also part of other branches of Christianity.  The belief is that to serve God is to serve the poor. Jesus (and many other prophets actually) lived simple, basic lives. They did not hoard the wealth. There is a message that there should and will be justice.

In aspects of Christianity, there is a strong sense of activism-to help others. That is one area that is harder to find in Islam, or it is more hidden. Are there people fighting for the truly poor, the environment and the earth-those who cannot speak for themselves?  I find that many Moslems are more concerned with arguing over what is Islamically �correct� then with fixing things in the world. Maybe it is just the �vocal� people and there are many hidden people out there doing things.

But really what does Allah want us to do? What is our greater purpose here? I could spend millions on a beautiful building to live in or feed people or help them get on their feet. What is the greater here? What is my role here as others suffer?

There are great people from all over doing things to help people. No religion has a monopoly but that many Moslems and others have lost their way. (in my humble opinion.) I guess my upbringing will not completely leave me.. actions speak louder then words. Will Allah ask those living a very wealthy lifestyle how they did it while others suffered so greatly? Maybe so�

Plus Islam seems to put a lot into �fate�. It is my fate to be poor. So there is no sense of justice in their lives. A long, great after-life is great but is there any sense that life is worth living? That there should be help for me and my children? There is a sense that Jesus came to fight for me. Not a war in a conventional sense but my right to live decently and to in a humane environment.

Those are a few of my thoughts.... I am only writing of a few perceptions. Not any official doctrine by a religious official.

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 07 September 2005 at 1:31pm

And no mention of Saddam - amazing - or the Taliban - stunning. 

I need not follow up any of your cheap shots, but for your information they are all history now and we are concerned only with the current death cultists.

Thanks

Date Posted: 08 September 2005 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

And no mention of Saddam - amazing - or the Taliban - stunning. 

I need not follow up any of your cheap shots, but for your information they are all history now and we are concerned only with the current death cultists.

Thanks

For your information, they are history, why exactly?  I think we know - and you opposed them 'being history.'  Those aren't cheap shots - unless you don't like the truth..how can people be 'death cultists' if they are the ones ending the killing?

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 08 September 2005 at 10:05pm

The day you hit the truth by some chance your nation will be absolutely safe. Right now it's just the oil and the dollars that matter to the upstarts of the world.

Good bye, I have better things to do than feed your need for attention.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net