URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16628
Printed Date: 23 April 2024 at 11:53pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: HUMANE FEATURES OF THE PROPHET JESUS (PBUH) IN THE
Posted By: ahmetsecer
Subject: HUMANE FEATURES OF THE PROPHET JESUS (PBUH) IN THE
Date Posted: 14 April 2010 at 11:02am

HUMANE FEATURES OF THE PROPHET JESUS (PBUH) IN THE BIBLE

Birth, lineage and ancestors of the Prophet Jesus (pbuh)
A record of the genealogy of Jesus the son of David, the son of Abraham � (Matthew 1:1-2)

Then Jesus' mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. (Mark 3:31)

� The crowds answered: "This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee." (Matthew 21:11)

� Isn't this the carpenter? Isn't this Mary's son and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas, and Simon? Aren't his sisters here with us?" (Mark 6:3)

And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. (Luke, 2:52)

Humane features of the Prophet Jesus (pbuh)
He eats
When he [Jesus] was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it, and began to give it to them. (Luke 24:30)

And while they still did not believe it, because of [their] joy and amazement, he asked them: "Do you have anything here to eat?" They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence. (Luke 24:41-43)

While Jesus was having dinner at Levi's house � (Mark 2:15)

Jesus, tired from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about the sixth hour. When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus asked her: "Will you give me a drink?"(John 4:6-7) 

He gets tired and he rests
Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. (Mark 4:38)

Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he [Jesus] said to them: "Come with me to a quiet place and get some rest."(Mark 6:31)

Jesus, tired from the journey, sat down by the well. (John 4:6)

Like any human being, the Prophet Jesus (pbuh) is dependent on mercy of Allah

All things have been given to me by my Lord. (Matthew 11:27)

I do exactly what God has commanded me [to do]. (Matthew 14:31)

The words I say to you are not just my own. (John 14:10)

I tell you the truth, the apostle can do nothing by himself. (John 5:19)

My teaching is not my own. It comes from Him Who sent me. (John 7:16)

My Lord, Who has given them to me, is greater than all. (John 10:29)

For I did not speak of my own accord, but God, Who sent me, told me what to say and how to say it. I know that His command leads to eternal life.So whatever I say is just what God has told me to say. (John 12:49-50)

Jesus knew that God had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God. (John 13:3)

for I always do what pleases Him. (John 8:29)

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but He Who sent me. (John 5:30)

The Prophet Jesus (pbuh) prays to Allah
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed. (Matthew 26:39)

looking up to heaven, he gave thanks. (Matthew 14:19)

After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. (Matthew 14:23)

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. (Mark 1:35)

After leaving them, he went up on a mountainside to pray. (Mark 6:46)

Jesus said to his disciples: "Sit here while I pray." (Mark 14:32)

One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God. (Luke, 6:12)

One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. (Luke 11:1)

But I have prayed for you� that your faith may not fail. (Luke 22:32)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net