Forum Description: Current Events
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1573
Printed Date: 23 April 2024 at 11:08am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Musharraf declares jihad against extremis
Posted By: b95000
Subject: Musharraf declares jihad against extremis
Date Posted: 21 July 2005 at 1:02pm
"I urge you, my nation, to stand up and wage a jihad (holy war) against extremism and to stand up against those who spread hatred and chaos in the society," Musharraf said.

-------------
Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

Replies:
Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 21 July 2005 at 6:35pm

wow

guess we'll see what happens, seems a good start

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: MOCKBA
Date Posted: 22 July 2005 at 4:05am

Bismillah

When Musharraf and his droids exhaust themselves killing their own brethren under the guise of 'war on terror', they will be laid on the tray to be mercilessly devoured by the very Idols they worshipped - the deceitful "allies".

That will be the time when he will look for help from his people, only to find ashes and bones he has left behind... This is not conspiracy theory. This has happened before... this is the conquest of Central Asia a la XI century.

-------------
MOCKBA

Posted By: Rezz
Date Posted: 22 July 2005 at 4:35am
Originally posted by b95000 b95000 wrote:

"I urge you, my nation, to stand up and wage a jihad (holy war) against extremism and to stand up against those who spread hatred and chaos in the society," Musharraf said.

"Jihad". "Mujahadeen". Why must Muslims always invoke their god when they want to go to war or kill each other?

Mockba, I don't deny Musharaf is a SOB but can you blame the world for fearing the alternative? There are a lot of crazy, crazy Pakistanis around.

The Taliban, with Nukes? No thanks.

Posted By: MOCKBA
Date Posted: 23 July 2005 at 4:32am

Bismillah

Rezz, you seem to be always limiting the number of alternatives: if it is not Bush - it is Bin Laden, of it is not McDonalds - it is kebab with pita, if it is not CNN - it is al-Jazeera.

Yes there are a lot of crazy Pakistanis today, but have you visited Pakistan to make statements like that or are you judging by those half-cooked British subjects again. Many find ethnic tribes inhabiting what today is known as Pakistan (British made, by the way), as some of the most hospitable and kind people... provided that you do not force yourself into their home with a gun. 

As far as nuke fables. Taliban did not finance development of nuclear technology, neither did they authorise extermination of hundreds of thousands of japanese in split seconds... may be you should reconsider your fears. There are nations who have established mass production of nuclear weapons and refuse to abolish programs for their further development. I am afraid, they are not Taliban...

-------------
MOCKBA

Posted By: Whisper
Date Posted: 23 July 2005 at 11:56am

Bruce, that's where the Americans have always gone wrong - backing people who suit just their interests at that very narrow moment of time and always ignoring how the man in the street feel about "their man".

You wish to know this great man who has declared jehad on terrorism or what his people think of him? Find a flight to Lahore. You will be my guest at the Lahore Gymkhana. We will go meet the men in the streets. Also taste some of the best mangoes in the world!

Is it really that hard for your admin to find some men of the people as their partners? Or, is it that such men are a bit difficult to make "certain" deals with?

Posted By: Colin
Date Posted: 23 July 2005 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Bruce, that's where the Americans have always gone wrong - backing people who suit just their interests at that very narrow moment of time and always ignoring how the man in the street feel about "their man".

I would broadly agree with that Mr Whisper. I think the British phrase is something like: "Not being able to see beyond their noses".

Date Posted: 23 July 2005 at 12:06pm

Mockba, why are you teasing our Rezz? The poor chap has to spit his venom somewhere. What's wrong about letting him float in the racist fallacy that all other places in the world than the ones they inhabit have a higher %age of criminals.

It's an absolutely beautiful country with some of the most docile peace loving people I have known in the world.

Posted By: Rezz
Date Posted: 25 July 2005 at 9:03am

Mockba, why are you teasing our Rezz? The poor chap has to spit his venom somewhere. What's wrong about letting him float in the racist fallacy that all other places in the world than the ones they inhabit have a higher %age of criminals.

It's an absolutely beautiful country with some of the most docile peace loving people I have known in the world.

Whisper, my response to Mockba was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

I haven't been to Pakistan, and yes, maybe my views have been coloured by our recent experiences with members of the Pakistani community in Britain.

I'm sure it is a beautiful country, with lovely people. But it does have nuclear weapons. Therefore, you must understand why the West would have an interest in whose finger is on the button.

I admit that l feel safe knowing the nukes are in the hands of a Western puppet like Musharaf.

I'd feel safer however, if the nukes were under the control of a real democracy with the sorts of checks and balances Western democracies have.

What wouldn't make me feel very safe would be an Iranian style anti-Western  Theocracy. Can you blame me?

And Whisper, challenging the culture and ideology of Islamic countries isn't racist.

Date Posted: 25 July 2005 at 12:38pm

Yaarem Rezz, keh tu Farsi fehemedi?

It would have been easier for us to talk if we did that, but brother could I ask you just two questions and a half? How many "experiences" have you had with the members of the Pakistani community, recently or otherwise?

How long does it take for a "western puppet" to say choke on a cookie or, for his own body guard to relieve him of the dishonour he has brought the army? The nukes were with a democratic govenment. The P M promoted a differnt general (as his constitutional responsibilty) to take over charge from this brave chief. He took his guns out to sack the government.

Now that the half question. Iran was quite a kool place in the 50s. It was known as the Paris of the Mid East. Is it possible that the 1953 US invasion, sacking of an elected government and then running of the Takht e Taoos (by a Colonel Roosvelt from an ante room in the Shah's palace) had anything to do with making of Khomeni?

West will be safe only when it stops slaughter and invasions. These slaughters and invasions will keep multiplying extreme elements across the globe. I am sure you must have heard of an opposite and equal reaction? It doesn't just apply to physical objects but to the whole of our life processes.

Braderem I will embrace your criticism of all things Islamic the day you balance it with just a fair look at how our Washington and London have behaved in these past few centuries. And, mostly under the guise of charitable concern!!

Date Posted: 25 July 2005 at 12:40pm
Colin, it's jsut Whisper between friends. Thanks a million, I had just about forgotten all about their noses!

Date Posted: 25 July 2005 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by MOCKBA MOCKBA wrote:

Bismillah

When Musharraf and his droids exhaust themselves killing their own brethren under the guise of 'war on terror', they will be laid on the tray to be mercilessly devoured by the very Idols they worshipped - the deceitful "allies".

That will be the time when he will look for help from his people, only to find ashes and bones he has left behind... This is not conspiracy theory. This has happened before... this is the conquest of Central Asia a la XI century.

Ah Mockba, you can decipher for us who is pure and who is not...isn't that something.."the deceitful "allies"...so, you think the Pakistani madrasses have their 'house in order?'

"...and his droids exhaust themselves killing their own brethren under the guise of" a 'holy war'

Hmmm, who does that sound like?!  So are you really siding with the extremists teaching in some of the madrasses in Pakistan?  I hear no deliberation in your commentary, nor concession to the facts at hand - only an appeal the the 11th Century.   That is unfortunate Mockba..perhaps you'd like to tell us what should be done now as facts emerge about the London and other homocide bombings..

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 25 July 2005 at 3:35pm

Mockba please save your breath. There's no need to respond to such usual rhetoric and spin. As if it's just Madrassas on their own and the Hag Low Sexnon illegal invasions and occupations have nothing to do with it.

Why wouldn't you let the poster satisfy himself with just his own words. He holds no points at all. He is here just to score some.

Date Posted: 25 July 2005 at 4:09pm

Mockba please save your breath. There's no need to respond to such usual rhetoric and spin. As if it's just Madrassas on their own and the Hag Low Sexnon illegal invasions and occupations have nothing to do with it.

Why wouldn't you let the poster satisfy himself with just his own words. He holds no points at all. He is here just to score some.

Esteemed members, don't bother with Whisper's quite common diatribes...I've never said that the MNF was perfect.  But there is not acknowledgement of reality with Whisper, no discussion of the OBL problem or Islamic motivated extremism - let's call it the hijacking of some aspect of Islam by extremists or extremists manipulating Islamic teaching to underpin radical heinous, Death Cultic behaviour.  Oh no - no mention of that from our esteemed Afghani, Spanish, British, religiously eclectic friend...he just wants to repeat 'illegal invasions' enough times, over and over again until someone will believe that it is somehow true.  Invasions yes, illegal and occupations, no.  And if you care to discuss the merits of that argument Whisper Sasha - I'd be more than happy to.

"He holds no points at all. He is here just to score some."
That's just funny.  Not true, but funny..

What are you here for Sasha?

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 26 July 2005 at 12:43pm

Come on, today we are listening.

Tell us what you know of ANY madrassa leave aside the Pakistani madrassas, at all. Are you trying to tell us that the Palestinian or the Kashmiri torture is just fathered by some Imam's sermons and, in actual, these do not exist?

I've never said that the MNF was perfect. 

No, it�s absolutely perfect, a perfect fraud and a perfect Alliance of the Billing!

no discussion of the OBL problem or Islamic motivated extremism

What is this OBL problem? Why don�t you catch him? He has been sighted enough times by your air force. Why do you keep him lingering in our lands? Just to extend the excuse for keeping those troops there?

let's call it the hijacking of some aspect of Islam by extremists or extremists manipulating Islamic teaching to underpin radical heinous, Death Cultic behaviour. 

Be honest what can we discuss, with your presumptions; as if the Palestinian torture was merely fathered by some Imam�s imagination or his vile sermon?

As if the US troops in the proximity of Makkah and Medina should have made all the Muslims dance bhangra � from Jakarta to Fez - and not have the effect it had?

When you are in the proximity of losing a point, you begin with a mock equation; of Egyptian troops in Iraq with US troops in Saudi Arabia.

Is that absolute cultural insensitivity? Just profound ignorance? Or, sheer point scoring?

The ball is in your court.

You tell me what can we discuss with you when you just slip away completely from a point in hand if you are not scoring a point?

...he just wants to repeat 'illegal invasions' enough times, over and over again until someone will believe that it is somehow true. 

I am so glad you solved this riddle for me.

Now, I understand why you keep repeating liberation and MNF so often and almost in every single breath. Just with the hope that someone might come to believe it!

We hold no need to be believed as long as the Iraqis and the Afghans know what they have got. Plus, majority populations even in your most sacred MNF countries know what it�s all about. The Poles, the Bulgarians and even the Italians have forced their governments to announce troop withdrawals by popular demand.

Date Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:35pm

Come on, today we are listening.

Tell us what you know of ANY madrassa leave aside the Pakistani madrassas, at all. Are you trying to tell us that the Palestinian or the Kashmiri torture is just fathered by some Imam's sermons and, in actual, these do not exist?

B: Oh, I see.  Sasha only is the authority on faith and life.  No other need apply.  Is it OK if I, or anyone else, read and perceive and understand about things like the Madrasses and extremist theology?  In case you haven't noticed, there's a ton being written and discussed regarding them since the 7/7 tube slaughters.  For the flip side of this question, Mr. Smart One what in the world do you know about ANY little aspect of the United States...yes, we are listening..

no discussion of the OBL problem or Islamic motivated extremism

What is this OBL problem? Why don�t you catch him? He has been sighted enough times by your air force. Why do you keep him lingering in our lands? Just to extend the excuse for keeping those troops there?
B: Does anyone else buy this particular tripe, this conspiracy theory, that Sasha is pawning about OBL?  Just curious...

let's call it the hijacking of some aspect of Islam by extremists or extremists manipulating Islamic teaching to underpin radical heinous, Death Cultic behaviour. 

Be honest what can we discuss, with your presumptions; as if the Palestinian torture was merely fathered by some Imam�s imagination or his vile sermon?

B: Talk to us about the Palestinian torture.  Unfortunately, when you're discussing tribal warfare - us and them, the Hatfields and the McCoys to bring in a uniquely American take on this, the question always arises as what came first, who committed the first act, who violated who first?  Then the more important question arises - who will stop the madness and that actually places the first question almost into a non sequitur position - i.e. it doesn't really matter who started this thing 100 years ago, or whatever, or 3000 years ago or whatever...what's important is WHO WILL STOP THIS.  So discuss with us the Palestinian torture, the non sequitur along with the Jewish Problem (as Hitler called it) and I'll discuss with those who would hear, the more important matter which is WHO WILL STOP THIS...it is time to stop the killing between Palestine and Israel..many on both sides, unfortunately, take Sasha's position of leveling blame and not going to the solution..

As if the US troops in the proximity of Makkah and Medina should have made all the Muslims dance bhangra � from Jakarta to Fez - and not have the effect it had?
B: If Muslims had taken care of their own house, the MNF would not be in the Middle East right now.  That is evidently clear.  Now what I've said is quite simplistic and there's more to it and perhaps someday, with someone more reasonable, I will discuss the nuances of colonial impact and historical development - but that time has not yet come..

When you are in the proximity of losing a point, you begin with a mock equation; of Egyptian troops in Iraq with US troops in Saudi Arabia.

B: What, I've come nowhere near losing a point...hahaha  Only kidding...that's not my purpose here of course.  I simply want to present my point of view, a balanced (I truly believe) American viewpoint.  Yet, the only one doing the mocking, imho, is Sasha, who labels and slams all 300 million Americans as 'stupid' and 'foolish' wich is such inflammatory racist talk.  Really is quite juvenile and yet he persists in it..shame, don't you think, because all of your points could be made without the racist epithets toward Americans..

Is that absolute cultural insensitivity? Just profound ignorance? Or, sheer point scoring?  If anyone cares, they can easily understand what I was saying about Egyptian troops in Saudi, Kuwait and Iraq in reference to Sasha's claims of 'occupation' by the MNF troops.

...he just wants to repeat 'illegal invasions' enough times, over and over again until someone will believe that it is somehow true. 

I am so glad you solved this riddle for me.

Now, I understand why you keep repeating liberation and MNF so often and almost in every single breath. Just with the hope that someone might come to believe it!
B: So we have different viewpoints.  I've asked you to define occupation and you refused and let someone else explain it.  Then we were able to discuss the aspects of occupation like 'possession' and such that just cannot be true in this case.  That combined with Iraqi sovereignty just puts the lie to your hyperbolic accusations...but on you persist..my references to liberation and the MNF troops (are you denying this fact?  You enjoy denying facts, don't you Sasha) is my right to speak and I'm entitled to it...you wouldn't also deny me that right - would you Sasha Whisper?

We hold no need to be believed as long as the Iraqis and the Afghans know what they have got.

B: Well, it's good that you're posting single source, year old statistics so we can tell exactly what they're thinking, right?

Plus, majority populations even in your most sacred MNF countries know what it�s all about. The Poles, the Bulgarians and even the Italians have forced their governments to announce troop withdrawals by popular demand.

B: Fighting violent extremists is no easy matter.  Good thing the Americans were there to bail out Europe in the last war or the Poles, French, British, and Spanish would be under Nazi rule and reign...but who's figuring on facts, right Sasha..?  Of course you're doing a good job of advocating what - sitting on our butts while the extremist blow us up?  Not a good option there Sasha, not a good option..

-------------
Bruce

Posted By: Jenni
Date Posted: 26 July 2005 at 2:40pm
All I have to say is that if you talk to Educated Pakistanis(I'm married to one)say they Like Musharrif and the option of replacing him with someone elected by popular vote would be a disaster. The reason is the Whahabi Taliban types have too much influence on the poorer masses. It would be very easy foor the majority of uneducated people to elect some sort of Quasi Taliban sort of leadership that would set the country way back like Afghanistan. For now the country is in much better hands of the army which has a very good record in Pakistan and Musharif. I know that many think he is sympathizing with the west, but since there have been many terrorist attacks in Pakistan, how is fighting terrorism a western issue. Some few Mulsims have no problem killing shias or anyone else they see fit to get thier point across. You can not defend violent extremists because you are a Muslim. And you can not just say the Iraq war was justified because you are american.Peace

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Date Posted: 26 July 2005 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

All I have to say is that if you talk to Educated Pakistanis(I'm married to one)say they Like Musharrif and the option of replacing him with someone elected by popular vote would be a disaster. The reason is the Whahabi Taliban types have too much influence on the poorer masses. It would be very easy foor the majority of uneducated people to elect some sort of Quasi Taliban sort of leadership that would set the country way back like Afghanistan. For now the country is in much better hands of the army which has a very good record in Pakistan and Musharif. I know that many think he is sympathizing with the west, but since there have been many terrorist attacks in Pakistan, how is fighting terrorism a western issue. Some few Mulsims have no problem killing shias or anyone else they see fit to get thier point across. You can not defend violent extremists because you are a Muslim. And you can not just say the Iraq war was justified because you are american.Peace

Thanks for your insights.  I totally agree with your comment:
"how is fighting terrorism a western issue?"

As to Iraq - aren't you glad Saddam is gone, with all his attendent, egregious issues?

Take good care and may God bless you and yours..

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 26 July 2005 at 4:11pm

I really thought that in some of your posts you were trumpeting Democracy and elections. Now, it's an insight to see a dictator in charge when it suits the American interests!!!!!

Bravo double standards.

Date Posted: 26 July 2005 at 4:16pm

I really thought that in some of your posts you were trumpeting Democracy and elections. Now, it's an insight to see a dictator in charge when it suits the American interests!!!!!

Bravo double standards.

That from a racist...bravo..
btw: do you want to try to explain what you're talking about?

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 26 July 2005 at 4:19pm

what in the world do you know about ANY little aspect of the United States...

Of all their butchery from Vietnam to Kabul and Baghdad. Of all their double dealings across the world. We would have listened to you and your admin if you had run down Saddam when he was serving your interests - instead of giving him all the money and arms he needed.

Keep your MNF and liberation fraud where it belongs. We need that many words only to support something that can not stand on its own. Your shouting will lift the sagging US image when your entire admin's chanting couldn't?

Posted By: Yusuf.
Date Posted: 26 July 2005 at 4:27pm

Of all their butchery from Vietnam to Kabul and Baghdad. Of all their double dealings across the world. We would have listened to you and your admin if you had run down Saddam when he was serving your interests - instead of giving him all the money and arms he needed.

Keep your MNF and liberation fraud where it belongs. We need that many words only to support something that can not stand on its own. Your shouting will lift the sagging US image when your entire admin's chanting couldn't?

Assalamu alaikum akhi,

I might add that the US lied its way into Vietnam via the Tonkin Gulf Incident (now proven to be a deliberate deception) in the same way it lied its way into Iraq.

-------------
Yusuf

Date Posted: 26 July 2005 at 4:29pm

Ah, but you're asking me to be silent about the Pakistani Madrasses?  Sasha, I no more believe you would have ever listened to anything the US has ever done and said than I believe you'll ever apologize for your racist remarks...but you could prove me wrong...I just don't think that's likely.

And so, knowing what we know about your tendencies at hyperbole, exaggeration, out of context remarks and racism, why should we take your comments on 'US butchery' - which are certainly lifted out of any time and space and context - as being even remotely accurate?

btw: since when have I been shouting...? 

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 27 July 2005 at 6:21am
To all of you, why does your discussion allways go back and forth to west and east bashing, I mean come on...YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both sides have some good and bad points. Thier is plenty of racism, corruption, opression and violence that takes place on the part of Muslims that can't all be blamed on the west!!! And just because you believe that the current administration is curropt doesn't mean you can blame them for every problem in the Muslim world. Sure if we Muslims were behaving better, taking care of each other and treating women and children the way we should and not taking advantage or opressing others(like in Darfur) than maybe Allah would protect us more. Everyone needs to take responsibility for thier own side.

-------------
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.

Posted By: Duende
Date Posted: 27 July 2005 at 8:20am
Dear benign Bruce, if Whisper is such a racist and unbalanced
commentor, why do you spend so much energy on him? How can you
believe yourself to be a 'balanced' commentator when surely it is
another's judgement whether you are balanced or biased? please
save us europeans the old argument about who came to bail us out
when Nazism came knocking. Next you'll be asking Spaniards to
remember who kicked out the Moors. And please beware of the
Nazis in your own backyard, the home grown American kind, who
revel in the great freedoms your country provides allowing them to
arm themselves and their children. The ones who also blow up
children.... T. Mcveigh. Obviously you are standing up for what you
believe- America is the only country able and willing to kick out vile
dictators by force, therefore America is Good- there's nothing wrong
with this, but it is an absolutist stance peculiar to Americans. Can
you tell us why?

Date Posted: 27 July 2005 at 10:18am

Ah, but you're asking me to be silent about the Pakistani Madrasses? 

Why would I ever wish to silence you on anything?

You are my best defense by always shooting your own point in the foot.

You may or may not know that the Madrassas never had a Jihadi curriculum till our friends from Langley came up with somebright ideas about what should be taught in some madrassas - for recruiting Jihadis in late 70�s!!

And, with some real cash incentives.

Today, less than 5% madrassas can be blamed for inciting terrorism. The Greatest Terror Promoter title is still held by the United States of America.

your comments on 'US butchery'
Sorry, not my comments, actually, stolen from an article by Prof J K Galbraith. Must correct myself, he had called it slaughter and plunder.
Plus, my Spanish friends keep calling them a few other names, which I dare not translate on this site.

Date Posted: 27 July 2005 at 10:26am

Alaikum es Salaam y mucho Gracias,

"I might add that the US lied its way into Vietnam via the Tonkin Gulf Incident (now proven to be a deliberate deception) in the same way it lied its way into Iraq"

But he won't even look in this direction. Or invent some real reason for it!

Date Posted: 27 July 2005 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Duende Duende wrote:

Dear benign Bruce, if Whisper is such a racist and unbalanced
commentor, why do you spend so much energy on him?

B: Because he purports to be, he fashions himself to be reasonable, when in reality, he insults and throws epithets at entire nations of peoples (like calling 300 million Americans 'stupid' and 'fools').  Apart from the fact that that very act if itself foolish, no one else sees fit to condemn it, and oppose it on its merits.  And so I do. 

Hope that answers your question!

How can you
believe yourself to be a 'balanced' commentator when surely it is
another's judgement whether you are balanced or biased?

B: Ultimately, that's true.  I agree.

please
save us europeans the old argument about who came to bail us out
when Nazism came knocking.

B: Uh huh...You all were doing just fine putting down the Nazis - weren't ya?

...Obviously you are standing up for what you
believe- America is the only country able and willing to kick out vile
dictators by force, therefore America is Good- there's nothing wrong
with this, but it is an absolutist stance peculiar to Americans. Can
you tell us why?

B: You yourself just said there was nothing wrong with kicking out vile dictators...what question did you want me to answer...why America has a good deal of goodness?  or why we're absolutist?  I don't agree at all that we're 'absolutist.' Nothing in the country and culture suggest this.  We are very multi-cultural in fact.  In the LA Unified School Disctrict over 100 languages are utilized, for example.

-------------
Bruce

Posted By: Lameese
Date Posted: 27 July 2005 at 1:35pm

To all of you, why does your discussion allways go back and forth to west and east bashing, I mean come on...YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both sides have some good and bad points. Thier is plenty of racism, corruption, opression and violence that takes place on the part of Muslims that can't all be blamed on the west!!! And just because you believe that the current administration is curropt doesn't mean you can blame them for every problem in the Muslim world. Sure if we Muslims were behaving better, taking care of each other and treating women and children the way we should and not taking advantage or opressing others(like in Darfur) than maybe Allah would protect us more. Everyone needs to take responsibility for thier own side.

Well said Jenni!!!

Lameese

Date Posted: 28 July 2005 at 12:44am

Jenni, it would be quite an interesting thing to define "educated". Does education mean just the ability to read and write + some degree that too from an American uni?

Or, must it imbibe just the urge, if not the ability to think with own mind. Your husband's comment or what anyother such Nuevo Educated Pakistanis are saying is no piece from some divine or otherwise sensible judgment. It is exactly a sum total of the Musharraf admin's spin - also rotated in the US 0 for their own agenda.

You also seem to be educated to me. Does it make any sense that some generals (with absolute unaccountability) would have any less plundering and social destruction (in any country, not just in Pakistan) than any bunch of elected thugs?

Or, is it just that it's okay to keep a dictator on these poor Pakis as long as it serves the Pentagon interest. And, when he needs to be binned, your entire media will be telling the whole world how he was more of a Hitler than Hitler himself.

Have we not already seen such demonisations.

By being in bed with Mush our Bush is Talibanising 152 million Pakis as hardcore American haters. That's how the US shoots itself in the foot and then finds a scapegoat in some OBL or whoever.

May Allah bless you in your life.

Date Posted: 28 July 2005 at 12:49am
Shall we not vote our B whatever the B Grade Movie dialogue writer of the year? Let's console him with something now that he has been left with nothing beyond his "huhs" and "ahs"

Posted By: Duende
Date Posted: 28 July 2005 at 2:28am
No I didn't say there was nothing wrong with kicking out a vile
dictator. Your inability to read a longer sentence has led you to
misinterpret. I said there was nothing wrong with you defending your
own values- which seem to be that kicking out a vile dictator, when
it suits your, is great and good. Where were you when repressed
Spaniards were wishing every day that somebody- anybody- would
rid them of Franco?

Posted By: jibreel
Date Posted: 28 July 2005 at 5:09am
Peace people

Duende,

Please try re phrasing your paragraphs, use periods and comas.,
No offense, they are hard to read, unless that is what you wanted.
a long sentence could tell a bad story about the writer too.

I also find people to claim they hated Franco, but get closer, they are
obsessed with this looser today, they even look up to him., strange
culture i say., maybe i confused the catalans in Barcelona with that one.

Posted By: Noah
Date Posted: 28 July 2005 at 5:26am
peace all

omg what a "#�"#&�!!! Who is he to issue fatwas allowing us to kill our brethren. I may disagree with them, but im surely not going to kill them. what is wrong with his judgement?

Peace
Noah

Date Posted: 28 July 2005 at 6:54am
Whisper so who do you like better the Taliban. You can have them!!! And by the way my Husbands father was a Colonel(kernal, sorry don't know the spelling) in the Pakistani Army who was Shaheed and killed in the 1974 India Pakistan war leaving his mother a widow to raise 3 kids. So his father died in that army you speak of. And do you know anything about pakistans history, all of the political instability, corruption ect. Allmost every president has been kicked out. The army has been the only saving force in that country. And extremists or gangster thugs as I like to call them have been killing Shias and blowing up busses and buildings in Pakistan for a long time, so why is fight terrorism not a good thing for pakistanis. Come on, they should just hand there security over to AlQaida??????? And if you have a bomb or want to blow up a plane I'm on, if I can I will kill you before you kill me and my family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 28 July 2005 at 7:06am

"I might add that the US lied its way into Vietnam via the Tonkin Gulf Incident (now proven to be a deliberate deception) in the same way it lied its way into Iraq"

Told you he won't even look in this direction. Or invent some real reason for it! Isn't it sd when people are so scared to face the truth. We must have a global fund for the treatment of such ailments

Date Posted: 28 July 2005 at 12:17pm

"I might add that the US
lied its way into Vietnam via the Tonkin Gulf Incident (now proven to be a
deliberate deception) in the same way it lied its way into Iraqface

Told you he won't even look in this direction. Or invent some real
reason for it! Isn't it sd when people are so scared to face the truth. We
must have a global fund for the treatment of such ailments

Liars having been writing western history since the TALMUD.

Poly;
1-More than one; many; much: polyatomic.
2-More than usual; excessive; abnormal: polydipsia.
3-Polymer; polymeric: polyethylene.

tics;
1 : local and habitual spasmodic motion of particular muscles especially
of the face
2 : a habitual usually unconscious quirk of behavior or speech

I say never trust HIS-STORY

Posted By: Noah
Date Posted: 28 July 2005 at 12:25pm
tics; an annoying little bug that suck blood

So poly (many) tics (little bloodsuckers)

Peace
Noah

Date Posted: 28 July 2005 at 1:33pm

Shall we not vote our B whatever...

Shall we vote Sasha respect (he so longs for) when he gives respect?

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 28 July 2005 at 1:41pm

Told you he won't even look in this direction. Or invent some real reason for it! Isn't it sd when people are so scared to face the truth. We must have a global fund for the treatment of such ailments

I have no fear of the truth..."he won't even look in this direction" is another of your total fantasies Sasha...you are often deluded like that and enjoy, I suppose, the personal commentary, more than facing and discussing the facts..

So you want to talk about Vietnam now?  Are you going to bring France into that discussion?  Are you going to give us a history lesson about colonialism perhaps, bringing in Spain and all the colonial powers into the discussion - or are you just going to obssess mindlessly and senselessly, droning on about how EVIL the US is to the total disregard of all the other EVIL in the world?

How basic and wrong is this approach?

Sasha - tell us what you think about the nature of man - is he basically good or basically evil?  I know you'll accuse me of disheveling but I can easily prove you are throwing up straw men and red herrings to that basic question..

Go ahead Sasha - walk down your road of illusion if you wish - or answer the straightforward question about the basic nature of men..

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 7:07am

Jenni, I am sorry, didn�t mean to offend you. But, your husband will tell you that the Pathaans are known for a bit of straight talking.  

The Talibaan don�t come anywhere in the equation, so we should leave them out for now.

Your husband�s life story exactly proves my point.

General Agha Mohammed Yahya Khan (and, of course, General Rani) was running Pakistan when he moved the army to crush a popularly elected government in 1971.

If massacring 1.5 to 1.7 million Bengalis, raping young girls, pregnant women and burning village after village is saving a country then for sure they did save a country by breaking it into two!!

It�s extremely sad, but we are not shaheed if we die imposing our will or just anything else as political. You husband�s father died for no more than his rank.

> And do you know anything about pakistans history . . .

Yes, unlike in the US, the rest of the world does know about other countries. Plus, we have lived in Pakistan since leaving Ghazni - modesty keeps me from mentioning who we know there.

> all of the political instability, corruption ect.

Always and without any exception caused by the ISI for it�s own agenda.

> Allmost every president has been kicked out.

By who? You mean not always by the serving Army Chief?

> The army has been the only saving force in that country.

Saving from what? It broke the country into halves. Ran away leaving 92,783 prisoners of war in Indian hands. If an elected parliament did not beg Indira Ghandi to send them home the whole lot would have still been ploughing fields under the Indian army whips.

Right now Mush�s army rule has caused two major insurgencies at hand, one in Baluchistan and the other in N W F P.

Please ask your husband to rise above his army connection and at least tell you the truth � who created all the mess in Kashmir?

Who supported and strengthened the Talibaan?

And, he would also be able to name the General who founded all the Jehadi madrassas?

The Shia, Sunni problem was played up by General Zia in the late 70s to dilute Jamaat e Islami political hold in Lower Punjaub and Karachi.

It�s a typical ISI excuse that the country can�t run without them.

I have strong connections with the army top brass and also with some of the political names. I find the elected chaps have to be a little polite in looting their country for the fear of their electorate. The army has no such concerns.

Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 7:10am

I have no fear of the truth

Then why not deal with the actual question instead of trying to wash it away with spit and sheer piss?

Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 12:36pm
Whisper, you are ignorant to say you know if someone is Shaheed or not. Only Allah knows. And he was defending the border from invasion of a Hindu army(not anything against todays hindus in india, i have many hindu friends). So you have no right to say that and I find most of your posts narrowminded . And I would rather have Musharif in power that some Quasi religous Taliban , Whahabi type party that would throw the country back 100 years. Then we could all wear Bhurkas too, but than you may support that!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Noah Noah wrote:

peace all

omg what a "#�"#&�!!! Who is he to issue fatwas allowing us to kill our brethren. I may disagree with them, but im surely not going to kill them. what is wrong with his judgement?

Peace
Noah

Noah - who are you calling your brothers?  Can you define that please?  Is anyone who claims the title Muslim your brother, or does it have to do at least with how they are and act?!

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 1:32pm

I have no fear of the truth

Then why not deal with the actual question instead of trying to wash it away with spit and sheer piss?

Ah, the 'actual question' is anything Sasha Whisper dreams up?  Go ahead, find any clear question you've asked that I've avoided - you cannot. 

What in the world are you talking about?  What a waste of time you are, when you lower yourself into your racist, crude cesspool - "sheer piss" you say of me?  Come again?  Have you gone off the deep end man?

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 2:44pm

I have no profit in telling you anything other than the plain simple truth. India did NOT attack East Pakistan till 17th December 1971 - long after Agha Yahya had played his bloodbath from March 1971.

Read the Hamood ur Rahman Commission report on this war. Bibi, I wonder which posts you fine narrow minded? I am not even a Muslim leave aside some religious fanatic.

You are absolutely confused here. When was there a quasi religious government in Pakistan? You are welcome to keep anyone in power in your husband's country, it's no water over my wings. But that is exactly how the Americans lose - by keeping dictators of their choice in power.

Good luck to you in a world where your country pretends to promote democracy in!

If your husband's father was a shaheed then you will have to accept all the Talibaan and Al-Qaeda as shaheeds with the same measure.

Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 2:51pm

Bruce, I have no need to expose you. You do it so well on your own for me. You have run away from each question. Now the time is up.

And, thanks, you have proven what I had thought of the Americans; shameless, abusive idiots who fail to see beyond their noses.

The lsat six are not my words but those of an English gentleman. 

Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 5:14pm

I am not even a Muslim leave aside some religious fanatic.

B:
Oh, no, you're a fanatic of quite another sort...the kind that makes racist commentary...it's too bad Sasha...(Sasha calls all 300 million Americans 'stupid' and 'fools' - even the ones that fully agree with you!)

You are absolutely confused here. When was there a quasi religious government in Pakistan? You are welcome to keep anyone in power in your husband's country, it's no water over my wings. But that is exactly how the Americans lose - by keeping dictators of their choice in power.

B: Sasha pretends to know, and imagine, that 'removing' dictators is some sort of easy endeavor, mere child's play and that the US somehow 'intends' for certain dictators to persist.  You can't truly be that unrealisitc to think that somehow you can just wave your hand and remove a dictator, are you Sasha?  If Iraq has proven anything - it has proven that much...take a lesson!

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 30 July 2005 at 3:39am

Yaarem Rezz, keh tu Farsi fehemedi?

Brethern, isn't it sad how people evaporate with simple tests? I had addresed our Rezz who was claiming to be born a Muslim in some Iranian family - with just six Farsi words.

Never heard from him. Not seen him anywhere on the site.

Date Posted: 30 July 2005 at 3:47am

that 'removing' dictators is some sort of easy endeavor,

I agree, it's impossible to bin anything while it's of use to us. But, then we cry terrorism when people stand against us.

Date Posted: 30 July 2005 at 3:52am
[moderator edited]

-------------
Sasha Khanzadeh

Date Posted: 30 July 2005 at 11:25am
Peace bro

Reagan
Quote 9 Dec 1945     Ronald Reagan receives an honorable
discharge from the U.S. Army. He had spent World War II in Hollywood,
acting in military training films.

21 Apr 1980     Presidential candidate Ronald Reagan is quoted in
Newsweek magazine as saying: "Because Vietnam was not a declared war,
the veterans are not even eligible for the G.I. Bill of Rights with respect to
education or anything." The claim is provably false.

5 May 1985     After giving a speech at the Bergen-Belsen death camp,
President Ronald Reagan accompanies German Chancellor Helmut Kohl to
the Kolmesh�he military cemetery in Bitburg, Germany. There Reagan
lays a wreath in memory of the German war dead. In addition to roughly
2,000 German soldiers of both World Wars, 49 members of the Waffen SS
are also buried there.

18 Jun 1985     President Ronald Reagan: "Americans will never make
concessions to terrorists -- to do so would only invite more terrorism --
once we head down that path there would be no end to it, no end to the
suffering of innocent people, no end to the bloody ransom all civilized
people must pay."

Jan. 20, 1981, the day of Reagan's inauguration.
Reagan wasn't one to take Iran's aggression lightly; his brilliant response
to the threat he perceived from Iran was to arm Saddam Hussein with
conventional, chemical and biological weapons and unleash him on
America's enemy. That'll teach him!

Bush
Quote REPORTER: You said, President Bush, that a "New World
Order" would emerge once the Gulf crisis has been solved.
How do
you
envisage this New World Order?

PRESIDENT BUSH: Well, I envisage it -- one: where the whole -- once
we're-- let me start over.
Once we set back this aggression, and once it is clear that the security
and the stability of the Gulf are enhanced by whatever arrangements are
set into place,.... once that this invading dictator gets out of Kuwait
Then I think that it's clear we're going to have an opportunity, given the
diversity of this coalition, to work more closely together. And part of that
I want to see a solution to the question of the West Bank, for example. But
I think if we work cooperatively as ours .., with our common sights set --
this aggressor will not succeed ., this opens up all kinds of possibilities
for a "New World Order".

We're already seeing that "world order" means "world." And we're
beginning to see that with what happened out of the -- well, just as a
result of the actions that led up to this successful CSCE meeting.
I'm going down to South America, and the evolving democracies there
are strengthening their economies, and we've got a program that I think
will be very helpful there.

mini Bush
Quote Aug 1999     During a campaign appearance in New
Orleans, presidential candidate George W Bush expresses doubts about
teaching evolution in schools: "I believe children ought to be exposed to
different theories about how the world started."

17 Sep 2003     President George W Bush: "No, we've had no evidence that
Saddam Hussein was involved with September the 11th."

24 Mar 2004     At the annual Radio and Television News Correspondents
Association dinner, President George W Bush shows slides of himself
searching clumsily behind furniture in the Oval Office, joking: "Those
weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere [...] nope, no
weapons over there [...] maybe under here?"

I do not think allot of americans are stupid, but according to Islam,
Judaism and true Christianity POP Culture is idolatry, and the gravest sin
of all is to worship (love) other Gods or rivals to your sustainer.

And no sustenance = the death, dumb and blind, wondering on.

Quote Jesus spoke about God and the first Commandment++
Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments
is Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord...

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least
commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in
the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the
same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.�

[33] But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all
these things shall be added unto you.

Matt.5 [8] Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Mark.11 [22] And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

Matt.6 [24] No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one,
and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.
Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Matt:22 [32] I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God
of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Luke.18 [20] Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery,
Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and
thy mother

[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy
heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind

Jesus on Satan
Matt.4 [10] Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is
written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou
serve.

Matt.16 [23] But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me,
Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest ( taste) not the
things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Luke.22 [3] Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the
number of the twelve.

Jesus; tradition or commandements?
Matt.15 [3] But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also
transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

Jesus., Our Father Abraham;
Luke.1 [73] The oath which he sware to our father Abraham

[39] They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith
unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of
Abraham.

What do you think Whisper ? If jesus (PBUH) arrived today, would they also
consider him a terrorist and "Public enemy number one" ?
"I say to you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but
from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken
away.� As for my enemies who do not want me to reign over them, bring
them here and kill them in my presence" (Luke 19:26-27).

Date Posted: 30 July 2005 at 3:57pm

Jibreel, when the Quran was desecrated I had noted exactly the same point: the

[moderator edited]

Please do not insult other races of faiths.

a note the founding farthers of america gave the people of all faiths including muslims (as specificly mentioned by name) the right to practice there religion freely.

-------------
Sasha Khanzadeh

Date Posted: 01 August 2005 at 5:28pm

Sasha calls all 300 million Americans 'stupid' and 'fools'

Sir, I stand corrected. I won't call them stupid fools.

Am I prmitted to I side with the global opinion that they are just selfish oli-hungry murderers?

All 300 million Americans are 'murderers?'  You're going the wrong direction and it's very racist..You may be OK being a racist and a bigot - I dunno?

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 01 August 2005 at 5:40pm
b95000 -I agree with you alot of people want to generalize that all Americans Are bad. They are no different than the Americans who think that Muslims are an Islamic death cult. Extremes on both side are the problem, so just ignore what people like that say. Americans are the most varied people in the world. I know most Muslims outside the u.s.a.
understand that the country is full of different opinions and ideas. And in many parts of the country like where I live people are very anti war. Again the extremes on both sides are the problem . Right wing evangelical christians, zionists, and Islamic radicals are the greatest threat to world peace............ 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 August 2005 at 5:56pm

b95000 -I agree with you alot of people want to generalize that all Americans Are bad.

B: Sasha's going well beyond that: he's called all 300 million of us 'murderers' - 'stupid' 'fools' that could 'almost be human' if quarantined for 148 years..

They are no different than the Americans who think that Muslims are an Islamic death cult.

B: There is a death cult that is plaguing Islam.  Wouldn't you agree?  It is not Islam itself but it is surely plaguing Islam and the world.  They are abusing and manipulating Islam and there are far too many Muslims (6% in a poll in Great Britain) that agree with these.

Extremes on both side are the problem,

B: If the Christian right in the US is being posited to be equivalent to the Death Cult plaguing Islam I disagree with you.  There are many, many people that are not part of the Christian right that agree with Bush's actions - that's why he won the election by 3 million votes - receiving more votes than any president in US history - 62 million.

If you're saying that extremism within the US or other democracies is problematic, I would agree with you.  There is no trend of extremists in the US killing civilians.  And certainly they're not going into other countries and killing civilians in the name of some cause...

so just ignore what people like that say. Americans are the most varied people in the world. I know most Muslims outside the u.s.a.
understand that the country is full of different opinions and ideas...

B: Very well put..

Right wing evangelical christians, zionists, and Islamic radicals are the greatest threat to world peace............

B: Again, I think you'll need to make more elaboration here - I don't see the parallels between the right in the US and the death cultists plaguing Islam.  I don't know enough about the Zionists other than to say than to say that there have been some radicalized variants.

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 02 August 2005 at 2:40am

Thanks Jenni! I know and understand the US well, but this fella deserves nor understands any better treatment.

Peace!

Date Posted: 02 August 2005 at 4:31pm

Thanks Jenni! I know and understand the US well, but this fella deserves nor understands any better treatment.

Peace!

Wow, Sasha, your diplomatic/people/conflict resolution skills are so keen...

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 04 August 2005 at 6:20pm
Yawn, scroll...

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 13 August 2005 at 10:10am
I don't have to hide at 52,000 feet and shower my skills on people from there. The day you begin to deserve respect by being just a bit less slippery and having something to actually discuss, we will.

Date Posted: 13 August 2005 at 10:20am

a note the founding farthers of america gave the people of all faiths including muslims (as specificly mentioned by name) the right to practice there religion freely.

It's sad, you did not get my point. I did not and can not insult any faith or race - I am not even a Muslim or for that matter have any axe to grind.

My point is simple - I FIRMLY believe that the US has been desecrating the Bible by "abusing" it in support of their aggression, terrorism and occupations.

The people of the United State are not a race. Have they not supported this abuse of the Bible? Has the White House been just alone in doing that?

Date Posted: 16 August 2005 at 6:35pm

It's sad, you did not get my point. I did not and can not insult any faith or race - I am not even a Muslim or for that matter have any axe to grind.

B: That is certainly not true - not based on your posts here..your pejoratives toward all 300 million Americans show that you do have an axe to grind.

My point is simple - I FIRMLY believe that the US has been desecrating the Bible by "abusing" it in support of their aggression, terrorism and occupations.

The people of the United State are not a race.

B: No, they are a race made up of many races.  The peoples of the US are from all over the world - and you have impugned them all with your broad brush pejoratives at one time or another in the two short months I've been here..

Have they not supported this abuse of the Bible? Has the White House been just alone in doing that?

B: I'm sure you'll gladly prove your point  and prove how the US and her people are somehow more evil and more 'abusive' than any other people or group of peoples (nation) on the planet...we're waiting..

-------------
Bruce

Posted By: Nausheen
Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 7:38pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Your husband�s life story exactly proves my point.

General Agha Mohammed Yahya Khan (and, of course, General Rani) was running Pakistan when he moved the army to crush a popularly elected government in 1971.

If massacring 1.5 to 1.7 million Bengalis, raping young girls, pregnant women and burning village after village is saving a country then for sure they did save a country by breaking it into two!!

Yes, unlike in the US, the rest of the world does know about other countries. Plus, we have lived in Pakistan since leaving Ghazni - modesty keeps me from mentioning who we know there.

� who created all the mess in Kashmir?

Who supported and strengthened the Talibaan?

And, he would also be able to name the General who founded all the Jehadi madrassas?

The Shia, Sunni problem was played up by General Zia in the late 70s to dilute Jamaat e Islami political hold in Lower Punjaub and Karachi.

This is a surprise I have seen for the first time on these boards .... someone who has a connection with Pakistan, acknowledging the problems honestly.

-------------
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 17 August 2005 at 7:54pm

Quote Whisper, you are ignorant to say you know if someone is Shaheed or not. Only Allah knows. And he was defending the border from invasion of a Hindu army(not anything against todays hindus in india, i have many hindu friends). So you have no right to say that and I find most of your posts narrowminded . And I would rather have Musharif in power that some Quasi religous Taliban , Whahabi type party that would throw the country back 100 years. Then we could all wear Bhurkas too, but than you may support that!!!

A person does not become a shaheed by fighting with a non-muslim army. There needs to be an islamic cause to fight a non-muslim, otherwise is just plain war. This wrong notion of being shaheed after fighting the indians is deterring the peace process in kashmir issue. And Pakistan thinks smuggling all the terrorists across the LOC is to earn some kind of shahadat. Then why were the Taliban not shaheed, because they fought not a hindu army but an american army?

India was never ruled by any Quasi religious Taliban, but till date women wear the "Burka" some may fear to think of.

Quote And he was defending the border from invasion of a Hindu army

The attack in 1947 was by Pakistan on India, and not the other way round. In 1971, India had not occupied or invaded East Pakistan, instead the original problem was between West and East Pakistan.

Cargil war was also started by Pakistan.

Pakistanis bombed Indian Parliament (and never the other way round).

Furhter, it was Pakistanis who hijacked a civilian indian aircraft (and never the other way round).... perhaps they even consider these acts as Jihad.

Peace.

N

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 18 August 2005 at 2:57am

Salaam Nausheen,

Can we ever be counted as humans, leave aside stand as good Muslims, if we refuse to face the Truth or shirk away from justice?

I grew up first hand not just in the regional history but also with almost all the history makers. Pakistan has been under occupation - being under your own army's occupation is more dangerous - as you don't get the sympathy that people occupied by foreign forces do!! It is a sad fact that occupied people end up with a convoluted mentality. 

I have not yet seen a more beautiful country anywhere in the world and, with her resources. And, I have yet to see a country that has messed about the region more - and ever just for the US designs and agendain the area.

I am also on record against my own ancestors' invasions and occupations of India. That's my jehaad - absolute truth and neat Justice for everyone, anywhere, all hours.

Date Posted: 18 August 2005 at 5:02pm

Walaikum assalam Whisper,

It is amazing you proclaim not to be a muslim, yet love truth as it should be, in Islam. Some of your writings confuse me, but most of the time your responses are very interesting. Perhaps it is the style of delivery which interests some and infuriates others.

I have known such a small fraction of people from Pakistan that it would not be fair to have a generalised opinion. Mostly I found people very ignorant in history. Or maybe the history in curriculum begins from 14th Aug, 1947. Would you care to enlighten me on this.  I find it very strange, because my history books would start from Indus Valey Civilization, ie am talking about times in BC. It seems the Punjabis are for Benazir and Nawaz Sharif, and this also the reason why Musharraf is not popular. Who are the Pathans with?

It would not be fair to comment on the experience of the populace with the military coup. We had emergency once, but I was only a small kid then. People say our country was in a very good shape during the period. The law and order was perfect. Honestly i have not idea what percentage of people are happy with the present take over in Pakistan.

last night I just stumbled on this thread, and after reading some comments regarding millitary pakistan, and 1971 war, was tempted to find facts on Tiger Niazi. Well, men in uniform are all same, be it american army, pakistani army, indian army or whatever.

>>>I am also on record against my own ancestors' invasions and occupations of India.<<<

India has been invaded and occupied many times in history. All invasions have been unique, be it Mahmud Ghazni, Nadir Shah, Babar, British behind the veil of 'East India Company' or Pakistan, and all occupations had been different. It is hard to say if the present politics between the two countries is bad or british were worse. Surely this was the "parting gift" of the british to us.

I am glad to hear your comments on this. Let us hope and pray the two countries can find some solution over the present problems. As we do see some rays of hope now and then, but nothing too sustainable coming from either sides. 

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 18 August 2005 at 5:57pm
Nausheen it is funny to me how one sided your view is. It seems to you India has done no wrong and Pakistan is to blame for all problems. And I am not Pakistani, my husband is. You should not generalize people and call them ignorant and I say again no one can say if someone is Shaheed or not. Everyone here thinks they know everything and are some kind of Scholar or historian, frankly it is a bit boring discussing with such no it alls. Yawn

-------------

Date Posted: 18 August 2005 at 7:48pm

Nausheen it is funny to me how one sided your view is. It seems to you India has done no wrong and Pakistan is to blame for all problems.

I stated facts Jenni. if you cannot accept the fact that it was always Pakistan who attacked India, then nobody can help you.

You called a national army "Hindu army" In case you do not know a huge 15% of India's population is Muslim. There are christians, sikhs and parsis also in this country. They have their representation pretty much in the army. Indian army is not a hindu army.

At no point I have said whose fault is the present situation, so you cannot say I have a one sided view. At least you could have quoted me before voicing your presumptions.

And I am not Pakistani, my husband is. You should not generalize people and call them ignorant

Really? it was you who called Whisper ignorant. In my post I did not use this word.

and I say again no one can say if someone is Shaheed

if you are talking about a holy war, I'd have no issue with you. The wars you mentioned were for purely political reasons. And do you want to know the behaviors of Pakistan army in Bangladesh? I dont think you will care to give a ear.

Everyone here thinks they know everything and are some kind of Scholar or historian, frankly it is a bit boring discussing with such no it alls. Yawn

Cool. Then why do you not move to some greener pastures?

Peace.

-------------

[/COLOR]

Posted By: ZamanH
Date Posted: 18 August 2005 at 8:53pm
1971 war was started by the Indians. The domestic media in India didn't highlight it. Indian military build-up in the Eastern front had commenced long time before the actual invasion of East Pakistan by India took place. The official story is that it prompted the the Pakistani Air Force to respond to Indian attack. I consider it highly unlikely that Indians would have massed up the troops in the Eastern front with no intention to invade Bangladesh. And many, indeed, believe that it were the Indians who attacked first.

However, I liked the outcome of the war. But it will be wrong to believe that India had no imperialistic goals itself in attacking the Bangladesh. Indians invaded it only to further their own interests.

Bangladeshis nowadays dislike and suspect India. They no longer hate the Pakistanis now (they understand, it was only the Pakistani soldiers who were to blame).
In the crciket world cup match in 1999 when the Wasim Akram's  Pakistani team was humbled by the minnow BD cricket team, Akram said "It is better to lose to our Bangladeshi brothers than to lose to the Indians".
 I was once watching a football match between India and Pakistanis recently, amazingly I saw the entire stadium roaringly supporting the Pakistanis.
In fact, even in India, almost all the Muslims support the Paki team, even when they are playing against the Indians in sports contest.

-------------
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet

Date Posted: 19 August 2005 at 8:07am
ZamanH thank you for giving an opposing view of sister Naushneen and  Whisper. I say again my husband holds know grudge against India now and we have many Indian friends, even though his father was killed in 1974 by an Indian sniper defending the border. Anyway people allways view history in thier own light, and if Muslims from India and Pakistan dislike each other as sister Naushneed said Pakistanis are ignorant, then Muslims are truely in a bad state. 1.3 billion muslims divided and spiteful adds up to little power to do much in the world!!! Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 19 August 2005 at 8:25am

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah

as sister Naushneed said Pakistanis are ignorant,

Care to quote what I said, Jenni?

Waiting to hear what you have understood from my remarks to Whisper.

Peace,

N

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 19 August 2005 at 10:00am
Naushneen-Mostly I have found them very ignorant in history, Your words. And I called whisper ignorant for making a blanket statement that my father in law was not Shaheed as only Allah can decide this, but his family considers him to be so. Why don't you comment On Zamanh's comment on who started the conflict, since he is Indian and blames India or you can't address that...

-------------

Date Posted: 19 August 2005 at 12:19pm

Thank you Jenni.

here is what I said:

I have known such a small fraction of people from Pakistan that it would not be fair to have a generalised opinion. Mostly I found people very ignorant in history. Or maybe the history in curriculum begins from 14th Aug, 1947. Would you care to enlighten me on this

And you comment ;

"as sister Naushneed said Pakistanis are ignorant."

Jenni, I said I know a very small fraction, and in that small fraction, mostly I found ppl ignorant in History. I dont know how the small fraction I know makes the entire Pakistani population for you(?) - when I am also saying it would not be fair to generalize. In other words, I am not generalizing the entire population here, but sharing my experience of the small population I have met. And the small population I know may not be bigger than 30 families.

Interesting how you have twisted my words.

Hope the above serves as a clarification.

Maa salaama,

N.

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 19 August 2005 at 12:54pm

Salaam Alaikum Nausheen,

He grants us the freedom to rise above personal, regional or any communal considerations. And, then we can afford to embrace Truth and justice. It�s all about breath, basically. When we know we may be inhaling what may turn out to be our last breath, we lose fear of everything and anyone other than the breath giver!

I happened to know Agha Yahya Khan quite closely.

He at least held the only fair election in Pakistan. But Zulfi Bhutto was then acting as a Minister with the regime. Mujeeb won election hands down. ZAB was not prepared to sit in the opposition. It was ZAB who initiated a boycott of the National assembly session that was to be held in East Pakistan.

A very close friend, Ahmed Raza Khan Qasuri, was the only PPP member who braved the journey at the cost of turning Bhutto against him. Bhutto was so annoyed with his principled stand that he ordered the PSF (his Gestapo) to shoot him. But that day his father, Nawab Mohammed Ahmed Khan was in the driver�s seat on way to a wedding in Lahore

� instead of Ahmed Raza.

(ZAB was hanged for the same murder)

The East Pakistanis were forced to break away from Pakistan. Agha sahib was familiar with just one solution for the defence of the State � he airlifted forces to the now breaking away Eastern Wing in March �71.

A Special Commandos� Unit was commanded by Major General Omar Usman Mitha, (as luck would have it we became very close friends when he worked for my consultancy after his retirement!) You would not like to hear his accounts. He was quite angry about the whole affair and that�s why ZAB sidelined him with an early retirement.

Even world�s most powerful armies have not been able to stand in the face of popular uprisings. The insurgency spread wild. (The operation had full Kissinger and Nixon backing. Pls. read Christopher Hitchin�s charge sheet of Kissinger crimes)

March to November there was an open blood bath in East Pakistan.

Nine million Bengali�s (by now called Bingos by the army chaps) crossed into Western Bengal. India moved on 3rd November 1971.

I once had a chance to discuss Indira Gandhi with her daughter-in-law, Maneka Gandhi, at a dinner in Delhi a few years ago. She told me how Indira had danced, almost like a child, in the Lok Sabha the day East Pakistan fell!

It was Pakistan Generals who had set the actual stage for her ecstatic dance.

I don�t think anyone is ever taught history in Pakistan.

It�s a useless subject. People just wish to learn the art of grabbing corner plots. The history they quote is from 14th August and 23rd March special tabloid issues or from the jingoistic TV programmes.

I have not met many people in Pakistan who even know that the Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Parses and Christians risen up together under Nana Fernavees in the First War of Indian Independence - 1857.

The Governor General set up a special commission to investigate the causes of such communal cohesion � 1861. This commission concluded its findings after combing through each and every nook and corner of India � by 1888. Their recommendations were set into practice by Lord Mayo (1894) to foment communal division from the District level up.

India was made ready for partition form that day.

BB is a very fine person. I have known her since she was 11 - class six. She never wanted to be in politics. The PPP pushed her into it. I do admire some of her team. Otherwise would not have close friendships with them.

Nawaz Shareef lived two streets away from us in Lahore. He was sponsored by the ISI and, again, unfortunately, by a general I knew but for their own agenda to neutralise PPP.

Any of the two could have done, but both were planning to spend more on development than on F 16s and other garbage. The army and the Big Master wouldn�t want that.

A good player could have come in with a fresh agenda, Imran Khan.

But the army weren�t prepared to let him have a full hand to deal with corruption in the country. I know the story first hand (he is my cousin�s son).

Your emergency was different.

If I am not wrong, Justice Bhandari had something to do with it? India has grown to develop a civil code. The parliament controls the army, not the other way around.

It�s a bit hard for anyone to be happy when they are constantly told lies. People can smell when there are lies around. No one wants to be a Prime Minister with the generals. So, a Ready Made Prime Minister is Imported Duty-Free from some New York bank!!

My experience is different. I am responsible for a community with Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs and Christian followers � in India, Pakistan and Afghanistan (been out of touch with the ones in Burma). This hatred was systemically sown via the Mayo Plan (from 1894)

- in response to the findings of a commission set up to study why did Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Christians and Parses rose up against the Brits in the First War of Indian Independence � 1857.

This set the course for Partition.

All that�s happening right now is scripted by our London and Washington masters for their agenda. They never want any conflict to solve. Total peace makes them powerless in negotiating solutions for regional interests � influence � whatever.

Nothing will succeed at any other than the total junta level

Date Posted: 19 August 2005 at 1:11pm

And I called whisper ignorant for making a blanket statement that my father in law was not Shaheed as only Allah can decide this, but his family considers him to be so.

Jenny, what do I gain or lose with your late father-in-law's shahdaat? Just one good reason, please? I have my full sympathies with your husband and his family. There is a very strong possibility that I may even have known his father or some other members of his family. Pak forces have quite a lot of Pathaans.

I just gave you an account, which can be verified by a huge evidence. Read Christopher Hitchins' book on Kissinger who was an architect of this tragedy. Or, go through Justice Hamood ur Rahman Commission report.

The criteria for shahadaat is laid down in absolute clarity.

Date Posted: 19 August 2005 at 1:18pm

Akhi el Aziz Zaman, the action started March 27th or 29th 1971. I will check with my Pakistan contacts this week. India intervened on 3rd November. I agree, Indira Gandhi danced in the Lok Sabha, almost like a child when East Pakistan fell.

But it was the Pakistan Generals junta that set the stage for her dance.

That's all water under the bridge, now. Let's watch what this lot will cause through their limited visions.

Date Posted: 21 August 2005 at 8:53pm

Walaikum assalam Whisper,

Jazak allah khair, I appreciate the time and effort you have spent to write the above post. A very interesting tour in History, alhamdulillah.

I had some bits and peices, which you helped to put together, and provided with the missing links as well.

Once again thanks a lot.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 23 August 2005 at 11:44am

Salaam Nausheen

How would you thank me for the pleasure of farz.

M' Salaama

Sasha

Posted By: Brother123
Date Posted: 27 August 2005 at 6:51am

Is torturing Muslims In pakistan part of his  Struggle?

He had his wife  kisising the Hindu Indian pm on world Tv.  is it part of his struggle to create a new Society which   gets its wives to Kiss the enemy?

This is struggle in the Path of Shaytan not in the path of Allah.

Those who kill and are killed are killing and being killed for the path of Shaytan.

Date Posted: 28 August 2005 at 3:23pm

Yaar Brother Aik Do Teen, first of all our good old Manmohan Singh is not a Hindu. Even if he were a Hindu just tell me honestly how many women in Pakistan were not (and, possibly, even now are) ready to kiss Amitabh Bachan?

Why worry? By now, you should be absolutely used to being permanantly occupied by your own army. Wailing doesn't help. Did anyone ever start a genuine movement against such things, I mean, to start with to end this state of occupation? How many Pakistanis can live without Coke or MacBurgers?

Date Posted: 29 August 2005 at 5:19pm

Yaar Brother Aik Do Teen, first of all our good old Manmohan Singh is not a Hindu. Even if he were a Hindu just tell me honestly how many women in Pakistan were not (and, possibly, even now are) ready to kiss Amitabh Bachan?

Why worry? By now, you should be absolutely used to being permanantly occupied by your own army. Wailing doesn't help. Did anyone ever start a genuine movement against such things, I mean, to start with to end this state of occupation? How many Pakistanis can live without Coke or MacBurgers?

What does non-occupation/absolute freedom look like?  If having an army in your country is evidence of occupation, then what is non-occupation - I suppose it would start by civilian control of the army - so it would start in true democracy...correct?

Democracy itself, is not simple nor easy to establish - I think all would agree to that, but until it is established can any country truly claim not to be 'occupied by its own army?'

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 01 September 2005 at 4:08pm
Great! Amazingly to the point post. You are forgiven the rest 563 of them.

Date Posted: 01 September 2005 at 6:44pm
Perhaps we've come to some working definition of occupation.  This means that many, many countries of the world are occupied and that Palestine is in vast company on this point.  Anywhere the civilians are not in control of the military forces.

However, and I would never deny, the Palestinian/Israeli questions have a special significance to the Muslim world..

One question is whether Palestine will cease to be occupied, even as Israel retreats from the Gaza strip.  What I mean to say, in the context of our conversation is, will it cease to occupy itself - will it place its own military might under civilian (democratic) control?

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 02 September 2005 at 4:01am

However, and I would never deny, the Palestinian/Israeli questions have a special significance to the Muslim world..

Thanks. It makes life easy to talk about something when we accept simple facts in simple honest way. What the Palestinians do with their existence and how they develop a relationship with the Israelis or the rest of the world is one hundred and twenty three percent their own matter.

Anyone with a progresive bent of mind would wish this to grow without any foreign intervention - specially from some old colonialists or the wannabes.

Date Posted: 06 September 2005 at 1:33pm

Thanks. It makes life easy to talk about something when we accept simple facts in simple honest way.

Of course..

What the Palestinians do with their existence and how they develop a relationship with the Israelis or the rest of the world is one hundred and twenty three percent their own matter.

It is certainly a matter that relates to the rest of the world, though.  If they do not give democratic control of their own military to their own civilians then, they, by our own definition, will continue to be occupied - only by themselves.  Interesting that in Gaza today or yesterday - some people were killed and injured and a building flattened by, as the Palestinian Authority called them, "Hamas terrorists" having had a "work accident."  Uh, what could they have been working on, these Hamas terrorists, that flattened the building...?  Very ironic statement from the PA.  Anyway, I wish, all the Palestinians who only desire to live a peaceful life with their families, well as they establish themselves in Gaza...I think there are some challenges ahead in that and I wish them well and God's speed in it.

Anyone with a progresive bent of mind would wish this to grow without any foreign intervention - specially from some old colonialists or the wannabes.

I agree, however little is ever done without somebody from the powers that be involved to some extent at some level.  That's just reality.

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 07 September 2005 at 9:31am

I agree, however little is ever done without somebody from the powers that be involved to some extent at some level.  That's just reality.

And, that is the only key to lasting side effect-free peace. Anything else is meant to create something else.

Date Posted: 07 September 2005 at 3:34pm

And, that is the only key to lasting side effect-free peace. Anything else is meant to create something else.

Hopefully, with world leaders pressuring and just the pressure of doing right - countries that have vested interests in economic imperialism (including of course elements within the US economy) can be brought to a place of more free/fair trade.  That is just a general statement regarding the developed powers visa vi the developing nations.  But as long as trade and interdependency exist, Palestine, and any other developing nation, will need to deal with duplicity, with conflicting interests and points of view - to some extent.  That is not to say that they shouldn't be afforded every chance at self determination - especially politically - that is possible.  It will certainly be interesting to see how they rein in the security issues they're facing internally.  Just like here and anywhere, not all agree on how to get things done or how to even take one more step (how to take the next step.)  There are always naysayers and those out to tear down the current leadership.  Some criticism is always legit - but often naysaying has its own duplicitous agenda.

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 08 September 2005 at 1:29pm
fair comment. When people are allowed to follow their own lives they usually manage their own security issues quite well. I woud have to go on a course to understand this term "naysayer". Is it one of GWB's inventions? Never heard it much before.

Date Posted: 08 September 2005 at 2:20pm

fair comment. When people are allowed to follow their own lives they usually manage their own security issues quite well. I woud have to go on a course to understand this term "naysayer". Is it one of GWB's inventions? Never heard it much before.

I agree.  That is a double-edged sword and people need to learn the art of negotiation.  The gun, the sword should always be the last resort for any right thinking human and especially in regard to foreign policy (read: 'the other tribe') matters.  The Bible says, "Inasmuch as it is possible, be at peace with all men." Romans 12

Naysayers are those that present the negative view or the negation of views for the sake of doing that alone - without, and this is key, without presenting any other positive alternative.  If we're interested in solutions, it is incumbent upon us to present at least some positive alternative(s).

-------------
Bruce

Date Posted: 08 September 2005 at 10:13pm

Thanks. Good post.

So how come it's bad to be a naysayer to murderers purpose and objectives?

Date Posted: 12 September 2005 at 12:07am

Thanks. Good post.

So how come it's bad to be a naysayer to murderers purpose and objectives?

That's not the point.  Just don't be ONLY a naysayer.  Provide an alternative...

-------------
Bruce

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net