Print Page | Close Window

Lost a loved one

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Stories - How I Became Muslim?
Forum Description: Stories - How I Became Muslim?
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1536
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 12:26pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Lost a loved one
Posted By: sahara
Subject: Lost a loved one
Date Posted: 18 July 2005 at 1:00pm

I lost my husband to cancer back in 2002.

I thought God had forget about me and all my dreams of a good marriage and home with a family. I started researching religions for answers about death. In 2004 I took Shadaha, I'm find it difficult to remind as I'm getting alot of harrassment from both muslims and non-muslims about converting, I keep getting asked why and stay in your own religion.

-------------
Sahara

Replies:
Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 18 July 2005 at 1:55pm

Assalamu alaikum Sister Sahara,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  The Muslims who are giving you a hard time about becoming a Muslim are those you should try to stay away from, they do not have a good understanding of Islam (may Allah open their eyes).

Are you somewhere where there is more than one masjid (mosque)?  If you can't find welcoming and helpful Muslims in your masjid, try another - or, try meeting other Muslims than the ones who give you a hard time.

Sahara, you have been given a priceless gift from Allah, in that He opened your eyes to Islam, don't let the bad behavior of others deter you from the path.  Find friends who will be supportive and helpful to you.  You might even find some support or inspiration here at the IC forum, in sha'allah (Allah willing).

Being a new Muslim is not easy for anyone.  You will find lots of stories here and elsewhere on the net about the struggle new Muslims had to go through.  All of them will tell you that it was so worth it! 

Read Qur'an everyday, be steadfast in your salat (prayers), and pray to Allah sincerely asking for courage and strength to embrace your new faith.  Allah does answer sincere prayers!

And always keep in mind that the life of this world is a trial and we all are tried in different ways.  If we strive hard to please Allah, things will fall into place.

May Allah help you gain the resolve you need to stay steadfast on the straight path!  There are lots of sisters here who can help you - just ask!

You might find this article very helpful:

http://islamonline.net/English/HadithAndItsSciences/ThisHadith/2005/04/01.shtml - http://islamonline.net/English/HadithAndItsSciences/ThisHadi th/2005/04/01.shtml

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Posted By: sahara
Date Posted: 18 July 2005 at 2:39pm

They don't understand why. They ask me why a American would want to become a muslim when we have our own religion. I wonder if I'm being tested.

-------------
Sahara

Posted By: Meedo
Date Posted: 23 July 2005 at 4:35pm

You are .

Like all other believers in God were .

Take it easy and dont burden yrself with more than you can take and trust in yrself and in Allah and ditch bad muslims who will be so shallow to Judge you while you are already struggling as a new muslims . Some muslims are really bad image to islam.

Islam is between you and Allah. There is no pope to judge you .

Take care

-------------
Meedo

Posted By: firewall
Date Posted: 23 July 2005 at 9:26pm

Posted By: muslim_gal1988
Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:03pm
salaamz sister..i am soo sorri to hear that

Posted By: nadeem_aus
Date Posted: 29 July 2005 at 9:29pm
salaam sister Sahara. Welcome to the fold!  I hope that you manage to get less criticism from very myopic brothers and sisters.  Stay firm to you beliefs and things will be fine.

Posted By: Henna
Date Posted: 31 July 2005 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by sahara sahara wrote:

They don't understand why. They ask me why a American would want to become a muslim when we have our own religion. I wonder if I'm being tested.

Dear sister,
i am a Turkish sister. I born into a muslim family in Turkey.

Well..

My mum, my aunties, my female cousins, my sister, my friends in Turkey, most of the female relatives and neighbors.. None of them is wearing hijaab.

I started to wear my hijaab last year. I can say i just started to live islam 2 years ago.. So think me also as a revert :)

And believe me,
nobody don't understand why i am wearing hijaab!!

I had really big problems with my family when i told them over the phone my decision. (I am in UK then they are in Turkey)

One of my best friends refused to communicate with me anymore! She finished our 7 years relationship because of my hijaab!

Even muslim people as well don't understand why a muslim girl wants to practice her religion!!

But inshallah with Allah's help you will cope with the problems. Nothing is endless.. Belive me.. i had the tough times.. Elhamdullillah everything's ok now.

Posted By: mariyah
Date Posted: 14 April 2006 at 8:57am

I thought God had forget about me and all my dreams of a good marriage and home with a family. I started researching religions for answers about death. In 2004 I took Shadaha, I'm find it difficult to remind as I'm getting alot of harrassment from both muslims and non-muslims about converting, I keep getting asked why and stay in your own religion.

Asalaam Waikulum Sister,

Why dont you ask the Muslims that harrass you about reverting why they want to be American? I am sorry they are so shortsighted. Stick to your piety, and no one will have a right to judge you. And visit us here often, you are in your own religion, Jazak'allah, Stay close to God and you will be protected!

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Posted By: ak_m_f
Date Posted: 14 April 2006 at 10:00am

FDreedom of religion... in the constitution.

Posted By: Mishmish
Date Posted: 14 April 2006 at 1:08pm

Assalamu Alaikum Sister:

I don't understand... When I did Shahada all of the Muslims I met were beyond thrilled to meet me, an American who had become Muslim. Especially as I wasn't married to a Muslim at the time, that made it even more amazing somehow because I wasn't influenced by a husband. When I would go to the mosque all of the women would gather around me and smile. I was like an exhibit: White American Former Christian Woman Revert - Please Touch and Feed Often

You should definitely look for another group of Muslims to be around. They should be celebrating with you, not trying to turn you away.

-------------
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)

Posted By: mariyah
Date Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum Sister:

I don't understand... When I did Shahada all of the Muslims I met were beyond thrilled to meet me, an American who had become Muslim. Especially as I wasn't married to a Muslim at the time, that made it even more amazing somehow because I wasn't influenced by a husband. When I would go to the mosque all of the women would gather around me and smile. I was like an exhibit: White American Former Christian Woman Revert - Please Touch and Feed Often

You should definitely look for another group of Muslims to be around. They should be celebrating with you, not trying to turn you away.

As-Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu;

Sister Mish, you make my day!

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 27 April 2006 at 5:41am
[QUOTE=sahara]

[/QUOTE

Dear Sister,

May Allah, SWT, give you comfort and ease in your time of bereavement.  Pm the sisters here at IC for the companionship that you need if you are not finding it elsewhere.  We love you and pray for your success.

Maybe the grass is greener on the other side.  Maybe it just looks that way and you would realize that there are crabgrass and weeds there also if you went there and lived in it. 

I love Islaam and do not feel that I deserted anything but a false belief about the nature of Allah and some specifics as to His Mercy and His prophets.  I really feel the Mercy of Allah in Islaam.  I reject the idea of an innocent blood sacrifce being necessary for forgiveness of our sins.  It seems cruel and has nothing to do with Allah's infinite Mercy.  I can't relate to that idea at all.  That's why I am and will be a Muslimah always, ISA.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: sister_s06
Date Posted: 12 June 2006 at 7:16pm

Dear Sahara Sis, sorry for your loss. I lost my father last year in a road accident and know how devastating it can be.

But I want to congratulate you on becoming a muslim. Inshallah you will find hope and peace with the belief that your loved one is with Allah now.

I also went through some changes after Dad passed away. I found comfort reading the Quran and gradually I soon started wearing the Hijab. I feel more connected to Allah by respecting his wishes on how we women should dress.

Hope you all the best and I do wish that you had muslims who would have given you the support that you need so much. Try to find a different group of people like one of the sisters mentioned.

Wishing you all the best!

Love

Posted By: schwester
Date Posted: 23 June 2006 at 3:03am
:(:( let's read yasin for their souls.
i dunno who were my dad, i mean if he was in any religion or none. just don wanna say anything, hope he was a muslim. but anyway i used to read yasin before, and afterward i saw him in my dream, a nice dream.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net