URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15036
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 2:20pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: To Sisters on this Forum
Posted By: abuayisha
Subject: To Sisters on this Forum
Date Posted: 15 July 2009 at 12:54pm
Assalamu alaikum,

In the past I have posted a few comments in the "Sisters/Women" section and the thought occured to me; maybe men should not, therefore I have refrained from doing so.  What is your feelings about men posting or commenting in this section?  I have noticed that on a few occasions someone will request a response from only women or indicate sensitivity or embarssement concerning their topic and really do not desire men to even read the post (surely other brothers read it anyway, but not meSmile).  Anyway, at times I do have comments that I feel could add to the discussion and just wanted to know your feelings.

Replies:
Posted By: Pati
Date Posted: 15 July 2009 at 1:11pm
By my side, it's ok to receive the point of view of a man in differents discussions, because sometimes the problems between us (men and women) becomes only from missunderstandings.

If I were you, I would take the risk of entering the "women's world!" LOL

Really, I think it may be positive if we can share different thinkings and arrive to common points of view, and maybe that would help us to improve in our knwledge about the others... who knows?

Salams,
Patricia

-------------
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 15 July 2009 at 6:57pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Am strictly against brothers entering into sisters section and sisters at brothers. Why are then different section ! Moreover its an Islamic forum, lets maintain Islamic ettiquettes. Sisters must be posting at relevant section so that brothers shud not read, else we have "general discussion" section and other open sections.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Posted By: semar
Date Posted: 15 July 2009 at 7:28pm
Salam,

I agree with seek. If we want to both brother and sister to give comment just post it in "family matter" or "general forum".

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 16 July 2009 at 7:34pm

is there not a setion now that is only for sisters.

this has been brought up in the past and some women don't mind the men being involved as it gives another perspective. If someone request only sisters to respond then usually that is enough.

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: Full of Hopes
Date Posted: 09 August 2009 at 11:13am
   Asslamu Alikum,
    For me, I am not very strict with that if it is necessary because even in Islam a woman can talk to men directly if that is needed for her life (Dunia) or (Ukhra). Besides, sometimes with some topics if I were a man and I know something in the religion which might answer the member's question I would try to help.
That is not bothering in my opinion because in our religion the women even in Prophet's , peace be upon him, time used to ask him or any other man about any problem and they don't even feel shy with the embarrassing topics.
   This is just what I think. I don't agree with men sneaking to know women's special problems but with men looking for a woman who needs help.
I know you may find my opinion strange because I am from Saudi Arabia and Madinah. We are completely separated from men. But I hope you don't misunderstand me.

-------------
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 09 September 2009 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

In the past I have posted a few comments in the "Sisters/Women" section and the thought occured to me; maybe men should not, therefore I have refrained from doing so.  What is your feelings about men posting or commenting in this section?  I have noticed that on a few occasions someone will request a response from only women or indicate sensitivity or embarssement concerning their topic and really do not desire men to even read the post (surely other brothers read it anyway, but not meSmile).  Anyway, at times I do have comments that I feel could add to the discussion and just wanted to know your feelings.

Brother,this is not problem i allways trust you as a brother in Islam,your writing inside women's  do not disturb me..from me, feel free to do...

Your sister in Islam....

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 10 September 2009 at 8:49am
As'sallamualaikum all,

I don't mind brothers posting in the sister's section. Unless ofcourse the topic specifically states 'for sisters only' or asks brothers to stay away.

Infact - i think a public forum is a good way to maintain islamic ettiquette yet still gain insight from Brothers. Think about it - would we get a chance to get an insight from brothers on certain issues face-to-face?

So I think brothers that have certain comments/insight/advise should post them . . . unless ofcourse the topic specifically asks them to stay away. I for one value thier contribution, like Bro AbuAysha for example. :) (addressing 'only' him here, cz he started the thread :p )

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Posted By: haris30432
Date Posted: 24 January 2010 at 4:56am
Peace!

I do not understand y there needs to be a seperation between believeing men and women in Islam.Even when praying,in many masjids women are either not allowed at all or seperated from their believeing brothers totally eventhough they are standing under the same roof worshipping the same GOD.When believers gather, they should learn to respect each other and love each other and not just call each other sisters and brothers.If men and women while being together cannot respect each other and refrain from crossing the limits they are not believers.The idea of seperating believeing men and women is definitely man -made.The most wise has taught us the below in the Quran.Note that believeing men and women are allies of one another.This means in a way that we need to work together to do righteous works.God does not order us to be seperated from each other in any way but work together as allies respecting each other in everything.You cannot carry evil thoughts in your mind about a woman or man while calling each other sister or brother.The ones who do are nothing but hypocrites.  

[9:71] The believing men and women are allies of one another. They advocate righteousness and forbid evil, they observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and give the obligatory charity (Zakat), and they obey GOD and His messenger. These will be showered by GOD's mercy. GOD is Almighty, Most Wise.

Peace:)

-------------
ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!

Posted By: haris30432
Date Posted: 24 January 2010 at 5:02am
God does not prohibit intermingling of sexes.

[24:30] Tell the believing men that they shall subdue their eyes (and not stare at the women), and to maintain their chastity. This is purer for them. GOD is fully Cognizant of everything they do.

[24:31] And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is necessary. They shall cover their chests, and shall not relax this code in the presence of other than their husbands, their fathers, the fathers of their husbands, their sons, the sons of their husbands, their brothers, the sons of their brothers, the sons of their sisters, other women, the male servants or employees whose sexual drive has been nullified, or the children who have not reached puberty. They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. All of you shall repent to GOD, O you believers, that you may succeed.*

-------------
ONE GOD ONE SOURCE OF LAW!

Posted By: lily_mawar
Date Posted: 02 August 2010 at 11:34am
Salam ...

Well, I don't mind brothers to read and comment as long their comment benefit us.

Posted By: lady
Date Posted: 02 August 2010 at 4:11pm
Walaakum salaams abuiyisha. Anyway, what is so funny is that I really thought that you were a woman. I have been reading some of your comments and it never occurred to me that you were a man. hahah. Anyway, I really do not mind brothers commenting in this forum for sisters only. But as long as the topic is not listed as "no brothers are allowed to read this," then it is fine. I really agree that most brothers can learn alot from sister. But really if you are attentive to your female family members then you should already know what we think. Women are the same everywhere you travel. now smile.

Posted By: monitium
Date Posted: 01 November 2010 at 7:25pm
Thanks to all the brothers and the sisters that bring us all together as family. Sisters I love all you comments.

Posted By: sharon.....
Date Posted: 18 July 2011 at 3:18am
Greetings dear brothers and sisters,

me too dont mind for brothers to observe sisters comments in the sisters section ..for one thing it would benefit if a brother is married and have daughters, he would understand more of pressures of parenting and housekeeping and educating and of course hormones etc of womens feelings ., same too if a sister sees in a brothers section and she is married and have sons, she too would benefit to understand the pressures the head of the household has too in keeping fine the parenting, the educating, disciplining,employment, and also hormonal changes etc feelings of what man goes through in headship......

Greetings dear brother haris,,I  am just beginning to understand if i may have the point right in 24:30,31....that one of the reasons brothers and sisters worship separately of what you have shown in 24:30,31 from the HOLY QURAN,,,,about that the chastisement in worship of god Almighty Allah would be for  lessening the distractions of revealing any bodily parts or  romantic gestures  between each group during worship of our most high Almighty GOD Allah..insha Allah....
perhaps very much urging the importance of paying attention to the messages during worship and prayers sessions ..there must be more good reasons for it... 
As im beginning to understand more and hope to be doing well and best of is  being believers of ALLAH and of his prophet Muhammad-may peace be with him... requires following and applying all learnt to succeed.

Kind regards from sharon.....

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net