Print Page | Close Window

HIJAB AS DA'WAH!!

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: General Islamic Matter
Forum Description: Discuss Islamic matters/issues that not covered by other sub catagories
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14991
Printed Date: 23 April 2024 at 12:38pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: HIJAB AS DA'WAH!!
Posted By: aaysha
Subject: HIJAB AS DA'WAH!!
Date Posted: 07 July 2009 at 6:23am
Most Muslims are familiar with the various reasons that Allah has required women to wear hijab: The hijab reflects modesty, purity and respect; it lessens temptation so that more serious sins will be avoided; it protects women from the harm and molestation of evil men; a woman who wears hijab will be evaluated for her intelligence and skills rather than her appearance.

One important aspect that is often overlooked, however, is that the hijab is a symbol of Muslim identity. A woman who covers her head is making a statement that she is a member of the Muslim community and that she follows a particular code of moral conduct.

Allah says: "O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women to draw their outer garments around them. That is more suitable that they will be known (as Muslims and chaste believing women) and not be abused."
[Qur'an, 33:59]
"...that they will be known..."

In America, where Islam is the fastest growing religion (Alhamdulillah) , many people are coming to know what this head covering really signifies and to understand the religion that mandates it. The hijab, in effect, is an amazingly powerful tool for Dawah; one that Muslims themselves are probably not even aware of. As with any tool, the key for effectiveness is appropriate and knowledgeable people to the true religion.

How can a woman perform Dawah for Islam when she is not even practicing it herself? To do this would be a form of hypocrisy and it will not be successful.

Once a woman begins to wear hijab she completes a large portion of her responsibility for Dawah with very little effort. Each time that she goes to the grocery store, the library, to work, to school, or to any other public place, she is spreading the magnificent message of Islam. This is not only because of the outer hijab that she wears, but more importantly, the modesty of her behavior that accompanies it.

When a woman refrains from flirting with men, limits physical contact, and is reserved and respectful, people may become curious and want to learn more about this intriguing faith. It may just sow the seeds of something wonderful.

At the University where I teach (which happens to be a private, Catholic school), women are often interested in my manner of dress and demeanor. Each semester I have at h today there is a law that requires women to cover their heads in church?"

"Have you read in I Corinthians (Bible, 11:3-10) the verses that Paul wrote:

'Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head - it is just as though her head were shaved. If a woman doesn't cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or shaved off, she should cover her head."

"Did you know that there are some Christian denominations, namely the Amish and the Mennonites, who still require women to wear the head covering?"

"Were you aware that is was the custom of Jewish women to go out in public with a head covering and that some denominations still practice this today?

This can also be a cogent segue to more crucial topics such as the fact that Moses, alayhis salam, Jesus, alayhis salam and Muhammad, sallallahu alayhe wa salam, were all prophets of the same God and that they each carried the same basic message.

Islam corrected the errors that had been introduced into previous revelations by humans and completed the process that was planned by Allah.

We should be proud to be Muslims.

We should also be grateful for the gift that Allah has given to each one of us: The perfect truth of Islam that is our key to paradise. All others are being deluded by Satan and following paths to destruction.

With our gift comes the responsibility to share the truth with those who are less fortunate.

We are all responsible to carry the light of Islam.

The hijab is an outward manifestation of this light that burns within, and it can be an effective tool for fulfillment of our obligation.

We choose whether to develop this light into a bright, radiant star or let it be extinguished by foolish and selfish desires.

May Allah guide each of us to the true Path, Aameen.
---
Alahumma infa`ni bima `allamtani wa `allamni ma yanfa`uni!

OH ALLAH! Make useful for me what You taught me and teach me knowledge that will be useful to me! (Aameen)

Guiding one soul to knowledge and faith is a momentous achievement. It is what will earn us great blessings... ameen thumma ameen

Replies:
Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 07 July 2009 at 6:36pm
Did you read this thread?
forum_posts.asp?TID=14981 - If this were a Christian or Jew in the Middle East

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Posted By: Hayfa
Date Posted: 07 July 2009 at 6:44pm
So if you feel it is for 'dawah' if a person is not ready for that level of responsibility they should not wear it? 

it protects women from the harm and molestation of evil men; a woman who wears hijab will be evaluated for her intelligence and skills rather than her appearance.

Well as the story signifies..that is not always the case.

I am not arguing that hijab is not required or desired. I would fee lless inclined to wear it if it is really about dawah. The minute you wear full hujab you DO represent Islam. Not a small resonsibility.

-------------
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi

Date Posted: 07 July 2009 at 10:43pm
Hijab is the banner of Islam and it completes the deen of a woman. Those who are not inclined to wear it for some reason and another, that cant be accepted by Allah, has been disobedient to Him and in the hereafter will be answerable to their actions.

"Whosoever does not judge by what ALLAH has revealed (al-Qur'an), such are the Kafirun (disbelievers), the Zalimun (polytheists), and the Fasiqun (disobedient)." (Qur'an 5:44-47)

This verse as explained by Ibn Katheer means whoever rejects what Allah has revealed in His book (Quran) will have committed Kufr and whoever accepts what Allah has revealed, but did not rule by it is a Zalim (unjust) and Fas'q (rebellious) and a sinner.

Every Muslims are mandated to spread the teaching of Islam through words and deeds and by adhering to this aspect ruled for a woman is already a form of da'wah...enternalizing the true essence of being a Muslimah.

Date Posted: 07 July 2009 at 11:28pm
A keen observation about the predicament of US Muslim bechelorettes in hijab ...It limits the pool of the eligible suitors cuz not most US Muslims have the truly Islamic mind when searching for a spouse...I am afraid some would be left out to a life of spinsterhood...Not a delightful life I am afraid...Any suggestions!

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Posted By: ikhwan
Date Posted: 08 July 2009 at 5:28am
salamualikum, i absolutely agree sister. i myself have immense respect for muslimah's who wear hijab, because of this issue islam has been highlighted in different ways but at the end it helped in dawwah as alot of questions are asked and we can see how islam is spreading specially among the woman.
one person said hijab in america prevents women from being married to muslim men there as they are secular but thats good because true muslimah can't live with a secularists and there are alot of practicing muslim men who want to marry with those who practice it and hijab is there identity.
May Allah Guide us, ameen..

Date Posted: 08 July 2009 at 6:06am
Well Sign Reader,

We could have a show.. the Muslim Bachelorette.. just no touching!

What do you think??

Hayfa

-------------

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 08 July 2009 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

A keen observation about the predicament of US Muslim bechelorettes in hijab ...It limits the pool of the eligible suitors cuz not most US Muslims have the truly Islamic mind when searching for a spouse...I am afraid some would be left out to a life of spinsterhood...Not a delightful life I am afraid...Any suggestions!

Disturbingly true!

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 08 July 2009 at 7:10am
Have trust in Allah..everything has been pre-destined even our partners in life....tawakkal for the things that are beyond our human capability and He will help us facilitate to what we are meant to have...what misses us is not meant for us and what hits us is indeed meant for us..

Date Posted: 09 July 2009 at 3:23am
Originally posted by aaysha aaysha wrote:

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">Have trust in Allah..everything has been pre-destined even our partners in life....tawakkal for the things that are beyond our human capability and He will help us facilitate to what we are meant to have...what misses us is not meant for us and what hits us is indeed meant for us..

Interestingly true!

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Posted By: Nur_Ilahi
Date Posted: 09 July 2009 at 5:38am

It is the responsibility of a parent to make sure that their daughters are married when they are of age. Matchmaking should be a good suggestion if they could not find partners on their own.

There are two kind of Fate - One is Natural Fate, the other is Administered Fate. Finding spouse and making sure that our marriage works is Administered Fate.

Putting on hijab should start from within. Do it for Allah not for anything else. Then you will feel comfortable physically and spiritually.

-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.

Date Posted: 09 July 2009 at 6:06am

It is the responsibility of a parent to make sure that their daughters are married when they are of age.

Ahh but you see many of the reverts  don't have parents... or cannot find a Wali... folks, even Imams are opting out...

I say a game show! lol

-------------

Posted By: The Departing
Date Posted: 09 July 2009 at 6:16am
Excellent thread Sister. May Allah swt give you the wisdom to continue on the true path. I hope you do not mind, I am using some of it to respond to some fascist sites here in the UK.

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 09 July 2009 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

[QUOTE=Sign*Reader]A keen observation about the predicament of US Muslim bechelorettes in hijab ...It limits the pool of the eligible suitors cuz not most US Muslims have the truly Islamic mind when searching for a spouse...I am afraid some would be left out to a life of spinsterhood...Not a delightful life I am afraid...Any suggestions!

Why blame just US, it happens in India as well. I feel  its better to be late than to move on with such minds since such thoughts are n't  limited till hijab, Its implies that such persons are n't really mindful of Islam.

There are two kind of Fate - One is Natural Fate, the other is Administered Fate. Finding spouse and making sure that our marriage works is Administered Fate.

Hope those are your views sister. {Not the saying of any sufis Smile} Am of the opinion that its mostly, so called in your words - "natural fate". To strive in life thru right means, is all that matters and accounts. Rest all is followed by fate. To have faith in fate is one of the components of belief.

Putting on hijab should start from within. Do it for Allah not for anything else. Then you will feel comfortable physically and spiritually.

Coming to the subject of discussion, hijab shud be wore for the sake of obeying the commands of Allah swt.  Dawah is naturally done when we wear it. Hijabis shud be conscious that they now represent not themselves or there family, but the religion they belong to. I know a woman who was intrested to know of Islam. She was in a meeting where she found other muslimahs. She moved only towards a muslimah who wore hijab to get her doubts clarified. Eventually, after her rapport for about 2 months with that sister , she embraced Islam. She said that she felt as this muslimah wears hijab, she must be more conscious of God and that made her talk to her.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 09 July 2009 at 4:58pm

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Mashallah!!!

I so much love this line!!!!
This is what I call true faith, sobhanallah!!

Our clothing should be an outward manifestation of the deen we believe and practice in our heart and minds. We must be modest in the way we think, what we do, what we say, where we go, what we hear etc. On the day when we are made to stand in front of Allah, our body parts themselves will either testify for us or against us.

Our hijab must reflex our inner love of the deen and Allah and our determination to live a life pleasing to our Creator from Whom nothing is hidden.

file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cems%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml -

Date Posted: 09 July 2009 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by The Departing The Departing wrote:

Excellent thread Sister. May Allah swt give you the wisdom to continue on the true path. I hope you do not mind, I am using some of it to respond to some fascist sites here in the UK.

Ameen wa iyyak, sis/bro

and you are free to share it with whom you want  and may Allah accept it from all of us...

ameen thumma ameen

Date Posted: 09 July 2009 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

......I know a woman who was intrested to know of Islam. She was in a meeting where she found other muslimahs. She moved only towards a muslimah who wore hijab to get her doubts clarified. Eventually, after her rapport for about 2 months with that sister , she embraced Islam. She said that she felt as this muslimah wears hijab, she must be more conscious of God and that made her talk to her.

Yes sis, absolutely!!

that's what happened to me when I was still trying to know more about this deen. You can more trust those who are truly adhering about this deen in looks and in deeds though they got limitd knowledge about it... rather than those who just profess to be a muslim and speaks about this deen so beautifully but do not look like following it..

Posted By: Nur_Ilahi
Date Posted: 10 July 2009 at 4:10am

Hope those are your views sister. {Not the saying of any sufis Smile} Am of the opinion that its mostly, so called in your words - "natural fate". To strive in life thru right means, is all that matters and accounts. Rest all is followed by fate. To have faith in fate is one of the components of belief.

Well you guess right Hidayah. This is from the teachings of Tasawwuf or Sufism. Natural Fate from the phrase - LAHAULAWALA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAHILALIYILADZEEM - meaning - There is no power nor strength save in Allah; the Most High, the Supreme (in glory)"

And Administered Fate - Verily, never
will Allah change the condition of a people until they change what is within themselves" (Holy Quran 13:11

Take for example death. It is itself a Natural Fate as well as Administered Fate. Nobody can deny death but how we die, is administered by human, either ourselves or other people.

Man and woman naturally are made for each other. That is natural. How we find our partners, is administered fate.

-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.

Date Posted: 10 July 2009 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

How we find our partners, is administered fate.

I respectfully beg to differ.

When I look around me, or read about the life of sahaba - or even umhatul Momineen, I realise that marriage/finding a partner is part of normal 'fate' . . . who you are going to marry (and if you are going to be married) has all been determined by Allah for you. You can 'try' all you want...its just fate.
My friend, was dating a boy for 6yrs, and she told me that if she didnt 'try', how was she going to get married. The boy even met the parents, went against 'hurdles', parents agreed. Then they had a quarrel, and the whole marriage was cancelled. Even I had started to believe they would get married. . .

Remember the incident of Umm Salama? She had never in her dreams thought of a husband other than Abu Salamma, and never could have imagined a better husband than him. Then came Prophet Muhammad! Subhanallah. So many other examples around us.

Sahih Bukhari, Hadith 312: It is related from Anas ibn Malik that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Allah the Mighty and Majestic appoints an angel to every womb who says, 'O Lord! A sperm drop! O Lord A clot! O Lord! A lump of flesh! ' Then if He desires to complete His creation, He does so and the angel asks, 'Is it to be male or female? Wretched or happy? What is its provision? What is its life-span?' This is all decreed in the mother's womb.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 July 2009 at 4:34pm
AS we know the men are the protectors and the maitainers of women...
and per the following Sign injunction about covering of the women folks:

• 33:59 (Y. Ali) O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful.

• Now consider what happens when the Muslim men are not available for the Muslimahs' protection then what is the best approach to preclude molestation...Does the last part allows a waiver in such circumstances?
    Why I am saying this cuz read in the following news report that involves  a murder/ martyrdom of an Imam and literal molestation his hijabi daughters on the high desert town of our state of California ...It makes me so perturbed about this for those families who have ended up due to economics in small towns USA...CLICK BELOW FOR WHOLE STORY

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-imam10-2009jul10,0,2575600.story -
    The school superintendent was on vacation and could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Asmaa Mohd, 18, who wears a traditional Arab head covering called a hijab, reported being taunted with a racial slur as some youths tried to tear off her head covering.

Should they be sitting ducks when there aren't very many Muslims there for their protection?
    Isn't the requirement fulfilled by wearing a doctors coat under 33:59?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 July 2009 at 11:03pm
    salamualikum,
    what happened in california is terrible and i pray for the safety of the believers. hijab is the modesty of a muslimah, it can't be compromised, God created us and our brains and he knows what is good for us and whats bad. a manufacturer knows more of his product than the user and Allah the creater knows what is best for us. this unfortunate incident is rare and occurs mostly is US or europe and those who carry out these attacls are a minority, they do this because of the hatred against muslims. if muslims can't live there in peace than they should migrate where they are safe like the muslims did when they were persecuted in Makkah and than migrated to abyssinia a christian country and to medina.
    they want muslims to leave there faith which is impossible, there actions will result in nothing but hatred and islam will continue to grow inshAllah.

May Allah protect, guide and help the Ummah, ameen.

Date Posted: 11 July 2009 at 8:46am

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15017&PID=129022#129022

We will discuss, concept of administered fate in the above thread.

-------------
    Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 11 July 2009 at 9:02am
    As Salamu Alaikum

Exactly, said br. Ikhwan. I was looking for the ayahs and alhamdullilah got them. Before sharing that, i pray Allah swt for maghfirah of  Ali Abdelhadi Mohd and his family. May Allah swt accept all his efforts and pains they have undergone. Ameen

Brother {Sign Reader}, i did not understand your question exactly. Do you mean hijab was the cause of her death ? Can you make it clear for me ?

These were the ayahs, i were looking for : {i don't know the exact conditions they were undergoing, but may be they belonged to the class discussed in ayah 98.

" Verily, as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves, they (angels) say (to them): "In what (condition) were you'' They reply: "We were weak and oppressed on the earth.'' They (angels) say: "Was not the earth of Allah spacious enough for you to emigrate therein'' Such men will find their abode in Hell - what an evil destination!

98. Except the weak ones among men, women and children who cannot devise a plan, nor are they able to direct their way.

99. These are they whom Allah is likely to forgive them, and Allah is Ever Oft-Pardoning, Oft-Forgiving.

100. He who emigrates in the cause of Allah, will find on earth many dwelling places and plenty to live by. And whosoever leaves his home as an emigrant unto Allah and His Messenger, and death overtakes him, his reward is then surely incumbent upon Allah. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.)

(Verily, as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves,) by refraining from Hijrah.

As said in the following ayahs of 98, its said, likely Allah swt may forgive them for not migrating. And am sure, all the pains they have undergone, shall surely be rewarded.

Look at the faith of the 18 year old girl {may Allah swt grant all of us such} who chose to wear hijab, though she must be knowing its not easy to move there. She faced the oppressions but did not give up!

-------------

Date Posted: 11 July 2009 at 10:55am
    Did you know there is a whole set of Fiqh on ruing of Sacred Law in Secular Lands.. it is fascinating.. I am listening to t oa whole lecture series on just that.

ikhwan... to a degree you are correct.. but there is a whole host of situations in which exceptions are possible.. like eating pork etc.

I would be interested to hear what true scholars, not you (assuming you are not a scholar) or I or other people think, but what scholars would say if someone held a gun to a woman's head and said take the scarf off or I will kill you.

AND in light of the fact that Muslim women are NOT being protected by the men what is the situation..

I am in no way saying women should take their scarf off.. .but as a woman walking around the streets here.. on my own, no Muslim family to protect me.. I can see why for some reason it is not that easy. We are the 'weaker' sex.

I just wish all those brothers would wear good Islamic dress, grow beards etc..   I don't like men who stick the women out into the 'firing lines' and do little to ease the burden. Its really irritating. lol

-------------

Date Posted: 11 July 2009 at 1:43pm

FBI investigating fatal blast at a San Bernardino County home as a hate crime

Abrahim%20Mohd
    Irfan Khan / Los Angeles Times
    Abrahim Mohd, 11, walks through the burned remains of his family�s former home in Yermo. The family moved to Victorville after family members were repeatedly harassed in Yermo and a mosque on the property was burned.
    Ali Abdelhadi Mohd had returned to his vacant Yermo house to clean up anti-Arab and white-supremacist graffiti. He was killed in the explosion.
    By David Kelly
    July 10, 2009
    Reporting from Yermo -- Hadie Mohd last saw his father as he headed out to the family's vacated home to paint over anti-Arab and white supremacist graffiti scrawled across the walls inside.

"He said he would be back before sundown," Mohd said. "And he always kept his word."

But when sundown came, Ali Abdelhadi Mohd had not returned. About 9:45 p.m. on June 27, neighbors in this scruffy high-desert town heard an explosion they said sounded like a sonic boom. Flames engulfed the single-story home. When firefighters arrived, they found a horribly burned Mohd dead among the ruins.

"We can only hope he died quickly," Hadie Mohd said as he picked his way through the gray ashes and blackened appliances at the house Thursday. "It gives us peace to think that."

The fire, along with the graffiti and the earlier torching of a mosque on the property, has led the FBI to launch an investigation into whether the incident was a hate crime.

"Assuming he was the victim of a crime, we are looking into the possibility that the perpetrator was motivated by religious bias or hate," said Laura Eimiller, an FBI spokeswoman. "Based on complaints and information from the family, they have been targeted in the past. There are suspicions that their civil rights may have been violated."

Investigators from the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department's arson and bomb unit have combed through the wreckage trying to determine what caused the blast and how Mohd died.

"We do know he was alive when the fire was burning because the autopsy showed soot and burning in his esophagus," said Arden Wiltshire, spokeswoman for the Sheriff's Department. "We still don't know if it was a tragic accident or if it was intentional. Hopefully, the arson investigators will help us complete the picture."

She said Mohd took pictures of the graffiti but never notified deputies.

"If he had called we would have documented it and made an investigation," she said.

The family, which includes seven children, lived on a large lot along Yermo Road for the last four years. Life hasn't always been peaceful. They reported being insulted based on their Arab heritage, having their religion mocked and being threatened.

Ahmad Mohd, 14, said a group of children at his school routinely challenged him to fights, used racial epithets and told him, "Go home, Arab." His father complained to school officials, who suspended some of the students, but the harassment continued, Ahmad said.

The school superintendent was on vacation and could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Asmaa Mohd, 18, who wears a traditional Arab head covering called a hijab, reported being taunted with a racial slur as some youths tried to tear off her head covering.

Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a civil rights advocacy group, said talk radio and the Internet are full of what he called "hate speech" aimed at Muslims.

"I think in this case there is more than a sufficient basis to investigate the possibility of a hate crime," he said. "Whenever you have a history of bias and harassment like the burning of a mosque and hate graffiti, it would be irresponsible not to look into it as a hate crime. If it was, it would be a case of nationwide significance."

Ali Abdelhadi Mohd, 51, came to the United States from Amman, Jordan, in the 1970s, intending to study engineering. But life took a different turn. His faith was his passion, and his family said he held a moderate view of Islam.

"He was strict but within reason. He wanted us to have fun but said we should spend as much time praying as we did having fun," Mohd said. "He got mosques started in Riverside, Indio and San Diego."

The family eventually moved from Lynwood to Yermo, outside Barstow, to have some land and space. Mohd built a brick mosque on their property. In 2007, it was burned down along with two other buildings in town.

Deputies arrested Loren Jessie Clark and Brian Martin in connection with the fires, but no hate crimes were alleged. Clark was 18 and Martin was 16.

The steady drumbeat of threats and harassment pushed Mohd to move his family to Victorville, a bigger city an hour away with a more diverse population.

"My dad didn't want my brothers and sisters to constantly have to deal with that," Mohd said.

The family left last month, intending to rent out their Yermo house.

But it immediately attracted unwelcome guests. Within a week, the home was vandalized, its walls covered with swastikas, racist graffiti and anti-Arab slurs, the family said.

"My dad didn't tell the police but I assume he took the pictures to show them," his son said.

Mohd left Victorville at 2 p.m. that day to buy paint at Home Depot to cover the graffiti. He never returned.

Judy Smith, who lives in the hardscrabble neighborhood where the incident occurred, said she heard the blast.

She said fires are not uncommon in the area, pointing to the burned home across the street and another less than a block away. "Any place that is empty is destroyed in a week," she said.

Olga Ramirez called the fire department the night of the blaze.

"I was feeling OK about this place, but now I'm scared," she said, as her two dogs howled behind a chain fence. "I don't want to be out at night anymore. We are thinking about maybe moving to San Bernardino."

mailto:[email protected] - [email protected]

-------------

Date Posted: 11 July 2009 at 2:41pm

Brother {Sign Reader}, i did not understand your question exactly. Do you mean hijab was the cause of her death ? Can you make it clear for me ?

ussalaamualykum:
    I think sis Hayfa being in the US is on the same wave length as I read her post...
    I C & P'ed the news report above so you can see the whole picture about the incident in rural California where the Imam Ali Mhmd was martyred but his daughters were molested( I am using this term to emphasize the pulling of scarf off)  by the school bullies and theri were no Muslim boys to protect...My question was quite straight forward under the ayas I quoted:

First. the Muslim men are not available for protection...
    Second: The scarf became a symbol to invite attack while not even fulfilling the outer garment edict to prevent molestation..

So in final analysis the scarf(Hijab) didn't work as a Dawah for the people who are psychopaths with a dead soul to begin with ...
    In Dresden murder case Egyptian sister Sherbini probably got killed  I guess by psychopathic unemployed German cuz her scarf triggered hate and xenophobia under the poor economic conditions prevailing in Dresden...
    I think the Muslims must not forget that migrating to the European countries will not get them complete civil rights and independent life styles...After all Germany is where Nazis got their foothold..rather why  hang around psychopathic people who are never gonna like the different color and looks...

IMHO it is somewhat safer for hijabis in big urban areas in US but I doubt same is true in Germany or France...the question of Hijab being a dawah thing is yet to be proven of course there are exceptions...

My take would be to take the macro view of the Muslim demographics there can't be one thingamajig fits all if life and limb are in peril...

-------------

Date Posted: 11 July 2009 at 4:08pm

Second: The scarf became a symbol to invite attack while not even fulfilling the outer garment edict to prevent molestation..

That situation happens everywhere even here in the Philippines. Muslims from Mindanao were advised not to go to Manila looking like Muslims (wearing veil for women and having beard for men) or their life will be in danger...this is because every terroristic violence are being blamed to the Muslims!

But not to wear proper hijab to "catch" a husband, as a protector, is another thing....I have my protector and that is Allah...none can kill me or harm me without His will.... i will never remove the crown Allah has given me for this world's pleasure, NEVER! even if it meant death to me. We all die and it is better to die in a noble cause than to die in shameless way...

Whenever Muslims placed their Trust in Allah, Allah helped them. And whenever they relied on the worldly materials and numbers, they were deprived of Allah's help..

"O you who believe! If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm." [Muhammad - 47:7]

-------------
    "To possess sensual passions is human, to control them is Muslim."

Date Posted: 11 July 2009 at 4:11pm
    Originally posted by ikhwan ikhwan wrote:

salamualikum,
    what happened in california is terrible and i pray for the safety of the believers. hijab is the modesty of a muslimah, it can't be compromised, God created us and our brains and he knows what is good for us and whats bad. a manufacturer knows more of his product than the user and Allah the creater knows what is best for us.

this unfortunate incident is rare and occurs mostly is US or europe and those who carry out these attacls are a minority, they do this because of the hatred against muslims. if muslims can't live there in peace than they should migrate where they are safe like the muslims did when they were persecuted in Makkah and than migrated to abyssinia a christian country and to medina.
    they want muslims to leave there faith which is impossible, there actions will result in nothing but hatred and islam will continue to grow inshAllah.

May Allah protect, guide and help the Ummah, ameen.
    waalaikumussalaam warehmtullah wa barkatihu
    Why have Pakistanis moved to other countries...not for their faith but for better economic opportunities cuz Pakistan is a corrupt and lawless neo colony...Sahaba Going into Abyssinian asylum was not economic it was to keep their faith... that is not the case in most Muslim immigrants to western countries...Once they permanently settle down and make families then the trouble starts with children asking for direction; the identity crises forces  the children into assimilation and abandonment of any leftover of their parents creed or into Islamic modes ....then they come face to face  with religious biases with other anti Islamic forces workings...It also projects them into just not religious but also political the likes of all the Zionist wars against the occupied Muslim lands in bondage of neo colonialism...look what is happening in your neighborhood do you think if bunch of Muslims who don't like to live in west can migrate to Pakistan and not get burnt with lack of rule of law, honesty, services and what have you...How many women do you see with hijab in Pakistan?
    The government has been Anglo American puppet since day one so where is the Ummah?

-------------

Posted By: Amatullah247
    Date Posted: 11 July 2009 at 7:18pm
    As-Salaamu alaikum,

I agree. Hijab is dawah. I once took a cab and since I wear hijab, the driver started asking me about Islam. I told him a few things then gave him a Qur'an. He was very happy to get that free gift from me.

Amatullah
    http://sisterswithpower.blogspot.com
    EMANcipate yourself

Date Posted: 11 July 2009 at 8:36pm
    Originally posted by aaysha aaysha wrote:

That situation happens everywhere even here in the Philippines. Muslims from Mindanao were advised not to go to Manila looking like Muslims (wearing veil for women and having beard for men) or their life will be in danger...this is because every terroristic violence are being blamed to the Muslims!

But not to wear proper hijab to "catch" a husband, as a protector, is another thing....I have my protector and that is Allah...none can kill me or harm me without His will.... i will never remove the crown Allah has given me for this world's pleasure, NEVER! even if it meant death to me. We all die and it is better to die in a noble cause than to die in shameless way...

Whenever Muslims placed their Trust in Allah, Allah helped them. And whenever they relied on the worldly materials and numbers, they were deprived of Allah's help..

"O you who believe! If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm." [Muhammad - 47:7]

Mashallah sis aaysha: Your courage and conviction is commendable but the part I need you to see is that trust in Allah is intangible and needs a physical shield in tangible form to protect the body containing that trust in Allah...
    I hope you are not telling us that the hijabi sister's murderer in Dresden was doing Allah's will...
    No one asking here you to be without hijab and Philippines is an Asian country with lots of Muslim middle eastern relations and no neo Nazis influence being around! The daily occurrences of hijab derision  are mostly in the so called west...
    There is more restriction on the practice hijab in place called Turkey a one time the torch bearer of Islam in the world...The state of affairs of the Muslims going into bondage of colonial forces may indicate their falling into symbolism without understanding the substance...
    You sound quite knowledgeable individual; mind explaining the ayah (33:59) on covering of woman folks...Does it have any tangible meaning? What was the environment when it was revealed?  How does it relate to the corruption rampant in the Muslim majority countries...
    No one could recover the lost glory unless get rid of the flaws in character that caused bondage ...Once that transformation happens the hijab would also be a sign of respect rather than of derision...May be we are talking two different things  symbolism vs substance!
    And don't take me wrong my older daughter is a hijabi the younger ones are fence sitters...

-------------

Date Posted: 11 July 2009 at 9:53pm
    Everything in this life is just a matter of choices...to be on the path at all cause or to just justify one's action....and all of these will be judged by Allah.

I am not so knowledgeable about this deen, Bro Sign.reader..i just know a few that I truly believe. I dont know the situation in your place and what I aired there is my belief and stand.

I believe that nothing in this life happens without His leave and there are things we do not like that is better for us...2;216

We are just minority here in Mindanao but that does not stop us from fighting for our rights to exist and to practice our faith. We are being dubbed as terrorist, they have tried to annihilate us but nay! Allah will not allow that. What is being done agaisnt us are being concealed by the media and none know what really happens to my people. I have been too afraid for so long i got no fear left in me no more.

Am sorry if I said something that may hurt anyone or touched someone's ego...i dont mean it.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 July 2009 at 12:30am

My question was quite straight forward under the ayas I quoted:

So in final analysis the scarf(Hijab) didn't work as a Dawah for the people who are psychopaths with a dead soul to begin with ...

In Dresden murder case Egyptian sister Sherbini probably got killed  I guess by psychopathic unemployed German cuz her scarf triggered hate and xenophobia under the poor economic conditions prevailing in Dresden...

I think the Muslims must not forget that migrating to the European countries will not get them complete civil rights and independent life styles...After all Germany is where Nazis got their foothold..rather why  hang around psychopathic people who are never gonna like the different color and looks...

IMHO it is somewhat safer for hijabis in big urban areas in US but I doubt same is true in Germany or France...the question of Hijab being a dawah thing is yet to be proven of course there are exceptions...

My take would be to take the macro view of the Muslim demographics there can't be one thingamajig fits all if life and limb are in peril...

I agree you brother. Aaysha hope you agree with this post, esp to the lines highlighted in blue.

At this point wherein, its said that "Men are protectors -- " i slightly disagree. The ayah goes like this - " �Men are the protectors and maintainers of women because of what Allah has preferred one with over the other and because of what they spend to support them from their wealth.�

Here. men is interpreted as men in her life.
    A husband, therefore, has the responsibility of taking care of his wife, protecting her, defending her honor, and fulfilling her needs regarding her religion and her worldly life. In this case of California, irrespective of  i guess this hadith would apply here  that in which Anas states that the Messenger of Allah said, Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is oppressed. "I asked, `O Allah's Messenger! It is right that I help him if he is oppressed, but how should I help him if he is an oppressor' He said, By preventing him from oppressing others; this is how you help him in this case.

Atleast for the sake of brotherhood, any of the muslim brothers shud have  supported her and helped. Its a duty of a muslim to protect the honour of other muslim.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 July 2009 at 3:26am
    yes seekhidayath...well taken.
    Jazak Allah khair
    Smile

-------------

Posted By: Akhe Abdullah
    Date Posted: 12 July 2009 at 4:11am
    Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Well Sign Reader,We could have a show.. the Muslim Bachelorette.. just no touching! What do you think?? Hayfa
    Salams, Hayfa.speaking of TV shows, I read on the muslim media network site that they are looking for Muslimah for the "wife swap" show.

Posted By: Saladin
    Date Posted: 12 July 2009 at 5:05am
    if someone held a gun to a woman's head and said take the scarf off or I will kill you - any reasonable scholar will advice to take it off in such situations. Also see 16:106.

I was thinking, what if the gunman went on to demand her to take off more of her clothes or tries to rape her?..... we have to fight back at some point with all legit means neccessary. Such attacks aint against a piece of cloth but against a person and their identity.

-------------
    'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'

Date Posted: 12 July 2009 at 6:29am
    This is a lecture of Dr. Zakir Naik, though not directly related to hijab, but shall address our subject of discussion, insha Allah.

If Label Shows Your Intent Wear It (video)

File 1:
    http://server1.aswatalislam.net/Audios/Videos/Lectures/Zakir%20Naik%20-%20Debates/Zakir%20Naik%20-%20If%20Label%20Shows%20Your%20Intent%20Wear%20It%201of3%28www.aswatalislam.net%29.wmv - http://server1.aswatalislam.net/Audios/Videos/Lectures/Zakir%20Naik%20-%20Debates//Zakir%20Naik%20-%20If%20Label%20Shows%20Your%20Intent%20Wear%20It% 201of3(www.aswatalislam.net).wmv
    File 2:
    http://server1.aswatalislam.net/Audios/Videos/Lectures/Zakir%20Naik%20-%20Debates/Zakir%20Naik%20-%20If%20Label%20Shows%20Your%20Intent%20Wear%20It%202of3%28www.aswatalislam.net%29.wmv - http://server1.aswatalislam.net/Audios/Videos/Lectures/Zakir%20Naik%20-%20Debates//Zakir%20Naik%20-%20If%20Label%20Shows%20Your%20Intent%20Wear%20It% 202of3(www.aswatalislam.net).wmv
    File 3:
    http://server1.aswatalislam.net/Audios/Videos/Lectures/Zakir%20Naik%20-%20Debates/Zakir%20Naik%20-%20If%20Label%20Shows%20Your%20Intent%20Wear%20It%203of3%28www.aswatalislam.net%29.wmv - http://server1.aswatalislam.net/Audios/Videos/Lectures/Zakir%20Naik%20-%20Debates//Zakir%20Naik%20-%20If%20Label%20Shows%20Your%20Intent%20Wear%20It% 203of3(www.aswatalislam.net).wmv

-------------

Date Posted: 12 July 2009 at 8:02am
    I was thinking, what if the gunman went on to demand her to take off more of her clothes or tries to rape her?..... we have to fight back at some point with all legit means neccessary. Such attacks aint against a piece of cloth but against a person and their identity.

Saladin, I agree about fighting back but I truly believe it is up to the individual woman.  Some women are SO passive. They are either more naturally less likely to fight back and others are raised to be extremely passive and helpless. How do you say to women fight back if they have always been raised in their lives to 'give in.' And if you add on  that you are not done much physical activity.. like sports.

Having studied this subject for a long time women who ARE perceived by the attacker to be 'more victimlike" are chosen. People who do such harm are not looking for a fight. They want it to be 'easy.'

Some women do submit cause they don't realize or know how to fight back or they view it as the least of the harm.. being beaten, mutilated or killed.

Though most women without training do fight back.. but many don't.

Having been choked myself by a man, its scary.. really scary.. I am blessed with training but I tell you as you cannot breathe.. its not easy.. most women are grabbed or threatened..

The interesting aspect is that women who draw attention to themselves-- in this society.. are inviting trouble. Its like standing out is not really a good thing.. Muslims say sure.. if you dress a certain way, exhibit certain behaviors etc. Well that also goes for women of different cultures or faiths. And in light of the whole current situation women  in full hijab stand out and screams 'woman, probably foreign woman." that can easily attract the wrong type of attention.

Salams, Hayfa.speaking of TV shows, I read on the muslim media network site that they are looking for Muslimah for the "wife swap" show.

dear heavens.. lol

-------------

Date Posted: 13 July 2009 at 6:01am
    Asalamualiku,

Thanx for the help sister(seekshidayath). i would like to reply both hayfa and (sign reader)
    to hayfa first: i'm not a scholar i'm 22 and studying law but i'm also a student of Islam. i love islam and from the age of 14 till now it is Allah's help through islam that i consider my self safe from the evil which surrounds me, as a muslim i am Allah's servant by defination and i must obey his comands, that is how i get peace in these troubled times. i was 18 when i grew my beard eventhough people resisted that, my younger brother had to go to a foreign country for his studies and my mother told him to trim the beard but he refused because he has faith in Allah.
    Sign reader i'm not one of those pakistanis who leave for economic conditions those who do will be answerable to Allah, i can leave this land which is filled with tension but i dont want to but the day my faith is in trouble i i may go to other muslim lands but not the west, i dont know why u put me in the same box as those who leave for economic reasons, i was talking about migration on religious grounds not economic. i study in a secular school but few sisters who have hijab or like i have a beard people do come to ask about islam, once a forein friend of mine came to my house with his christian british wife, fist she seemed nervous but as time went by she asked about islam and i had positive  discussion with them, i also gave them the Quran with the english translation of Abdullah yusuf Ali.
    prophet Muhamad (pbuh) said "A believer is a mirror to a believer" a muslim would never want a muslimah to be in danger, honestly i would protect in any way a muslimah sister as i protect my mother or sister, God knows when i heard about Dr Afia i cried, Allah help her.. the discussion was about hijab and dawah by sister Ayesha but we are now just talking about incidents of hatred and violence in US against muslims in US.
    Hijab is very good for dawah purposes, i know about alot of Turkish brothers who's daughters and wives are doing great Dawah in US with hijab, see The fountain magazine march-april 2009 issue in www.the lightpublishing.com .  i pray for all muslimah sisters's safety specially in the west, ameen. there are alot of practicing muslims  from the atlantic to the pacific Alhamdullilah, i dont know than why sign reader says there is no Ummah. i have immense respect for sister's with hijab and those with more taqwa than men are more respectable than men in sight of us and specially Allah, men and woman are equal but different and those with taqwa are the best. i hope we stick to the origional topic.....
    May Allah guide us....

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
    Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net