Forum Description: Pillars of Islam - Prayers, Fasting, Zakat, Hajj
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14492
Printed Date: 29 March 2024 at 2:20am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Istikhara
Posted By: Nazo
Subject: Istikhara
Date Posted: 02 April 2009 at 12:12pm
Salaam...Im new here i was wondering does anyone know how to do istikhara?? step by step well my parents are forceing me to marry this guy they choosed and i seening him i talk to him so i could fall for him but its not working im so sick of this and i cant tell my parents how i feel becuz they wont understand i been searching for istikhara or someone who can help me...Ohh God..so painful how i go throw so much im only 18 and they are worried abt me getting married like come on...so please do help me with istikhara step by step i read quran i pray im a good girl why is this happening to me...i just give up...allah is not accpting my prayers....SOMEONE HELP ME...i know im at the wrong section becuase im new i dono how to start a new topic....so yah help me....Thankss my ALLAH BLESS U AND UR SOUL..

Replies:
Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 02 April 2009 at 7:30pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Welcome to Islamicity. Smile

Don't panic. InshaAllah, sab teek ho jayega.

You must be knowing Isteqarah is to seek guidance from Allah swt for those problems in which solution may not be apparent. Or during those times when we are to make a decision, for its only Allah swt who knows what's best for us. Things that may appear good for us, may be worst, or those things which we may feel is wrong for us must be best . Allah swt, is All-Knowing. He knows what suits is the best. After making isteqarah, just humbly accept the decision of Allah swt, since that must be the best for us.

Get habitutated to do isteqarah for all matters of life. Its unfortunate that most of us head towards this salah, only while marriage. Anyways, after offering two rakah {nawafil prayers} & read this dua

"Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi'ilmika. wa astaqdiruka bi-qudratika, wa as'aluka min fadlika al-azim fa -innaka taqdiru wala aqdiru, wa ta'lamu wala a ' lamu, wa anta 'allamu-l-ghuyub.

Allahumma, in kunta ta' lamu anna hadhaI-amra khairun lifi dini wa ma'ashi wa aqibati amri  faqdirhu li wa yas-sirhu li thumma barik li fihi, wa in kunta ta'llamu anna hadha-l-amra sharrun lifi dini wa ma'ashi wa-aqibati amri  fasrifhu anni was-rifni'anhu.

Wa aqdir li al-khaira haithu kana thumma ardini bihi"

(O Allah ! I ask guidance from Your knowledge, and Power from Your Might and I ask for Your great blessings. You are capable and I am not. You know and I do not and You know the unseen. O Allah! If You know that this thing is good for my din and my subsistence and for my Hereafter - (or say, If it is better for my present and later needs) - then ordain it for me and make it easy for me to obtain, and then bless me in it. If You know that this thing is harmful to me in my din and subsistence and in the Hereafter--(or say, If it is worse for my present and later needs)--then keep it away from me, and keep me away from it. And ordain for me whatever is good for me, and make me satisfied with it)."'

Sincerity in seeking Allah's choice, means that one should completely abandon what one desired oneself. Hope you shall note this point.

Lastly, i don't see your parents wrong when they are trying to fulfill their obligation. Yes, if you don't like that guy {for valid reasons} then Islam gives you full right to reject it. But just because you don't want to get married, and if you are saying "no" to it --- I wish you to revaluate your thoughts. You are a good girl, as you said {Allah knows the best}, Masha Allah, so as a good girl, my dear sister, try to make up your mind, to follow this sunnah and command of Prophet. If you agree for it for the sake of Allah swt insha Allah, you shall be blessed with peace nad tranquility in your life. Also remember this hadith ? Marriage is half faith of a muslim.

May Allah swt help you in taking a decision and bless you with peace of mind. May you agree with Allah swt's decision. Ameen

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net