URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14359
Printed Date: 16 April 2024 at 10:24pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Quran memorisation project !
Posted By: JihadX
Subject: Quran memorisation project !
Date Posted: 12 March 2009 at 6:32pm
Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatuallah wa Barakaatuh,

I think I have a great idea to memorise Quran for the sake of Allah and it will also bring us together. This will require dedication.

1st: We choose a surah

2nd: We memorise a few versus everyday and we post our name in everyday to confirm memorisation.

3nd: In no time we will have that surah done and move on to the next one.

We can memorise and celebrate together at the end of the surah. Smile

Cry cry with joy

Please do post here if you can commit to a few surahs everyday for memorisation. It doesn't matter if only one will join me in this project. I am hoping that someone if not everyone will participate!!

Jazak allah khayr

P.S please do not read without considering. This is for Allah's sake

-------------
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�
_ The Mujahid, The Eminent, Sheikh Abu Yahya Al Libi

Replies:
Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 13 March 2009 at 7:21pm

Walaikum Salam wa rahmatullah

Ok brother. Am with you. We will start up with the name of Allah swt

Which is the first surah, we are to memorise.

May we do it only for the sake of Allah swt, not for the sake of confirming our memorisation over boards. Let us keep reminding this intention of ours to each other. Hope our other members too join. We will give a start, insha Allah, they shall join.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 13 March 2009 at 7:33pm
Mashallah brother. I agree with everything.

Our first surah should be a surah that is medium/ long....

You can suggest the first inshallah. Don't worry this will be my first long surah to memorise. I know short surahs only. You may suggest any.

Also, i have a few people who joined my group here for this

-------------
�The knife that slaughtered the guards at Bagram and set us free is now on its way to other places,�

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 23 December 2009 at 10:48am
As'sallumualaikum,

Just read this thread of yours. I think it is such a good idea. May Allah give you sawaab.

Just curious, how did this project of yours go? Hope that inshAllah it is going well...

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 23 December 2009 at 9:34pm
Alhamdulilah my arabic is limited and it gives me slight difficulties. I am striving and struggling to learn it with all of my heart. A brother and I are memorising inshallah and we are really trying fe sabeel Allah.
Are you interested? You can try everyday a few ayat or so and tell everyone of your status.
< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">

-------------

Date Posted: 24 December 2009 at 12:22am
I don't know, why but i see a changed Jihadx, is n't it, sis Chrysalis ?

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 24 December 2009 at 4:30am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

I don't know, why but i see a changed Jihadx, is n't it, sis Chrysalis ?

Yes Sister, I agree with you ! Our Bro Jihad has changed a lot. . .

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Posted By: Full of Hopes
Date Posted: 24 December 2009 at 8:34am

OH!! Allah Akbar!! I am here with you.. brother Jihad and my two sisters,,Hug

I am happy for this plan..
http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNman000">Jump%20For%20Joy

-------------
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)

Date Posted: 24 December 2009 at 8:38am
Originally posted by JihadX JihadX wrote:

Alhamdulilah my arabic is limited and it gives me slight difficulties. I am striving and struggling to learn it with all of my heart. A brother and I are memorising inshallah and we are really trying fe sabeel Allah.
Are you interested? You can try everyday a few ayat or so and tell everyone of your status.

Alhamdulilah that is good Bro ! Thumbs%20Up. Don't worry about struggling and striving to learn arabic, inshAllah it will give you even more sawaab, for the Jihaad you are going through, your intentions as well as all the suraahs you learn.

If you have an Ipod or MP3 player, maybe you could download good recitations of your favorite reciters, and listen to them when you are travelling or before sleeping etc - this way it will be good revision of the surahs you are learning. Just an idea.

InshAllah I shall try to revise some of the older surahs that I have (somewhat) forgotten Ouch instead of learning new ones.

Keep up the Jihaad bro!

-------------

Date Posted: 24 December 2009 at 1:04pm

Seekshidayath and chrysalis: Alhamdulilah I am changing..? I would hope so for the sake of Allah.

Alhamdulilah good to see the dedicated and lovely sisters. I was thinking of the idea to use an mp3 player. im always riding the bus and i could use it. It will be useful for me to hear it. It will also protect my ears from all of kufr.

It is always good to revise sister Chrysalis and yes inshallah I will keep struggling(always and forever)

I memorised some short soor from the back of the Quran. I have to revise also and keep moving along.

Full of hopes: alhamdulilah have you started to memorise before??

Seekshidayath and chrysalis:

-------------

Posted By: wisdomseeker
Date Posted: 24 December 2009 at 6:10pm
Assalam alaikum,

A very good idea indeed. May Allah reward you for this. I would sure like to be a part of this, shall inshallah do my level best in this program.

So which is the first Surah?

PS: What if we already have learnt that surah, then, does one go ahead and learn another one or wait for others to finish the surah and catch up with him?

Jazakallahu khair,

May Allah guide us surely He guides whom He wills.

Date Posted: 24 December 2009 at 7:18pm
Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Thank you for your wishes. May Allah be pleased with you. Inshallah this is

just learning and striving for the sake of Allah. I'm interested in knowing if someone has an idea for the first surah or should i pick it. I'm thinking maybe surah Lail

-------------

Date Posted: 24 December 2009 at 10:45pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Brother, i would suggest that you take up the lead and handle this project. Insha Allah, we will go with surah Al-Lail. Whats the time duration of this surah to be learnt ?

-------------

Date Posted: 25 December 2009 at 10:48am
Wa Alayki As Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Wonderful we will begin with Surah Lail. We must do this sincerely for the sake of Allah. Inshallah our devotion shall make it easy for us all. We can memorise a few ayat each day which will lead to the completion in a week. I would like for us to begin today or tomorrow. We can begin immediately. I hope everyone sees this message soon so were all on the same page.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 December 2009 at 6:11pm
Yes brother, we are set, and start ! For the sake of Allah swt !!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 December 2009 at 6:27am

Asslamu Alaikum

Yeah Sura Lail, OK and I will try to read the explanation of its ayas as well, try to d so..Wink what does the leader brother Jihad say?

-------------
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)

Date Posted: 26 December 2009 at 8:14am
Wa Alaykum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

This sounds swell. I ask Allah to guide as and keep us strong in faith. Inshallah we will retain everything that we learn and memorize for the sake of Allah. This is amazing. IT feels good to strive and struggle for Allah's sake.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 December 2009 at 7:02pm
As Salamu Alaikum

A reminder : By tomorrow, we shud be ready with the surah. {Al-Layl}

-------------

Date Posted: 31 December 2009 at 7:59pm

Yes inshallah we should be ready. I like to listen to the recitation by sheikh in order to help my pronounciation. Heart

May Allah guide us

-------------

Date Posted: 31 December 2009 at 9:39pm
And yes, brother, kindly start up a thread here at "Qur'an and Sunnah" section by title - Surah aL-Layl. There, we will share the tafseers and reflections if necessary. We will lay emphasis over the ponderings and practical points we learn from this surah and insha Allah practically implement it in our lives.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2010 at 2:50am
Assalamu alaikum,

Alhumdulillah, I have learnt the surah...may Allah be pleased with this act of ours.

Jazakallahu khair.

Date Posted: 01 January 2010 at 11:40pm
Alhamdulilah!Smile May Allah reward you dear. I myself have learned it as well. < id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2010 at 12:19am

Me too!! I did, may Allah accept.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2010 at 4:47am
As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah ! So you all memorised ! Alhamdullilah, i did memorise, but not to perfection. Am breaking between. Thought, by evening shall get it perfect, but is not happening.

Anyways,i suggest Jihadx to announce the next surah. By the way, start up a new thread of its tafseer. Its very reflective, alhamdullilah.

{Insha Allah, shall try my best by repeating the surah and get perfectly memorised}

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2010 at 6:32am

As Salamu Alaikum

Anyways,i suggest Jihadx to announce the next surah. By the way, start up a new thread of its tafseer. Its very reflective, alhamdullilah.

{Insha Allah, shall try my best by repeating the surah and get perfectly memorised}

I agree!!Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2010 at 8:12am
As'sallamualaikum,

MashAllah, may Allah reward you all for surahs you learnt for His sake. Anyway, I had forgotten until I got notification of WisdomSeeker's notification last night . . .  Embarrassed and I quickly tried to memorise yesterday . . . . So am still not perfect at it.

Until Bro Jihad announces next Surah , will revise & practice Surah Layl.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2010 at 2:36pm
Hug I feel very good knowing that we are trying our best.

This is the English translation that I have for surah al Lail. I love this surah so much and i am happy to learn it. As much as i hate to do this with english as i am so passionate about Arabic, I think it may be good for now to ponder over the english to have some understanding.

By the night as it envelops; (1) By the day as it appears in brightness; (2) By Him Who created male and female; (3) Certainly, your efforts and deeds are diverse (different in aims and purposes); (4) As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to All�h and fears Him, (5) And believes in Al-Husna.[] (6) We will make smooth for him the path of ease (goodness). (7) But he who is greedy miser and thinks himself self-sufficient.[] (8) And gives belies Al-Husna (See the footnote of the Verse No: 6); (9) We will make smooth for him the path for evil; (10) And what will his wealth avail him when he goes down (in destruction). (11) Truly! on Us is (to give) guidance, (12) And truly, unto Us (belong) the last (Hereafter) and the first (this world). (13) Therefore I have warned you of a blazing (Hell); (14) None shall enter it save the most wretched, (15) Who denies and turns away. (16) And Al-Muttaq�n (the pious and righteous - see V.2:2) will be far removed from it (Hell). (17) He who spends his wealth for increase in self-purification, (18) And who has (in mind) no favour from anyone, (19) Except to seek the Countenance of his Lord, the Most High; (20) He surely, will be pleased (when he will enters Paradise). (21)

I love this surah so muchCry and I am very pleased with you all. Jazakum Allahu khayran

I will announce the next surah but i want to know if i should go backwards in terms of choosing or ahead. Which soor have you all learned? I want us all to maybe complete them in order. sub7anallah.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 January 2010 at 11:45pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Why did this process halt ?

Brother, you may announce the surah to be memorised. 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 January 2010 at 6:04am
Wa Alaykum Salam

Ok I am sorry.. I think it will be a great idea to memorise surah Ad Duha(93)

Let me know what you think about it. Here is the english version..
By the forenoon (after);[] (1) By the night when it darkens (and stands still). (2) Your Lord (O Muhammad (SAW)) has neither forsaken you nor hates you. (3) And indeed the Hereafter is better for you than the present (life of this world). (4) And verily, your Lord will give you (all good) so that you shall be well-pleased. (5) Did He not find you (O Muhammad (SAW)) an orphan and gave you a refuge? (6) And He found you unaware (of the Qur'�n, its legal laws, and Prophethood) and guided you? (7) And He found you poor, and made you rich (selfsufficient with selfcontentment)? (8) Therefore, treat not the orphan with oppression, (9) And repulse not the beggar; (10) And proclaim the Grace of your Lord (i.e. the Prophethood and all other Graces). (11)

-------------

Date Posted: 05 January 2010 at 8:24pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Insha Allah, by saturday, it shud be memorised, Those who know this surah shud kindly share its tafseer.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 January 2010 at 6:21am
Assalam alaikum,

Well i know this surah already alhumdulillah, shall wait till others learn then.

jazakallahu khair.

Date Posted: 09 January 2010 at 10:34pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Hope br. {Jihadx}, you memorised the surah.  Kindly let us know,

What do you say members, if we memorise last 10 ayahs of surah Al-Imran ?

-------------

Date Posted: 09 January 2010 at 11:17pm

With the grace of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala I will be ready to begin tomorrow. Inshallah everyone is moving along. I pray that this will benefit us greatly. Jazakum Allahu Khayran

-------------

Date Posted: 10 January 2010 at 11:15pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah

Am sure, sis Chrysallis as well as Full of hopes, too memorised this surah already like wisdomseeker. So we will move to next.

These ayahs of al-Imran are very relective. When we memorise these and ponder daily while we recite in salah, would be very good reminders for us. What do you say, br ?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 January 2010 at 5:25am
Assalamu alaikum,

Fine then, we shall learn the last 10 ayahs of surah al- Imran, may Allah accept this from us.

Jazakallahu khair sister.

Date Posted: 11 January 2010 at 5:45am

These ayahs of al-Imran are very relective. When we memorise these and ponder daily while we recite in salah, would be very good reminders for us. What do you say, br ?

Wa'alaikum salaam wa rahmutallah,

Alhamdulilah thanks to Bro Jihad's initiative got to revise these surahs. May Allah bless this project of ours and help us do this solely for His sake.

I am up for doing Surah Imran's last 10 verses. What say you Bro ? Btw, I do not know the Fazilat of these verses, so who ever knows, please post them next time when our HW is due. inshAllah.

PS: I have heard eating almonds & walnuts everyday increases memory ! Let's try that, might help us memorise. Heheh.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 January 2010 at 7:18pm
Wa alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullah,

I hear great ideas. Keep them coming dear sisters. Let's try our best in surah Imran. I think nuts are supposed to be good for this so I will try it if I remember to.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 January 2010 at 3:27am

A correction sisters and Br. Jihad. Its ayaat 190 - 195, that i wished we all memorise. Insha Allah, shall share its tafseer as well.

These days our sis - Full of Hopes is inactive. I wonder why ?

-------------

Date Posted: 13 January 2010 at 7:47am
Assalamu alaikum,

Alhumdulillah I have memorized the said ayah (190-195) of surah al-imran, really they are very beautiful truly wonderful in meaning, the whole quran is beautiful and majestic and so is the one who revealed it.

Jazakallahu khair sister seeks and brother jihadx.

May Allah accept this from us.

Date Posted: 13 January 2010 at 7:59am
Wa'laikum Salaam,

So soon, sis. Subhan Allah !

You need to wait for us till saturday. Insha Allah, shall soon memorise it.

-------------

Posted By: berre
Date Posted: 13 January 2010 at 11:27am

Asalamu alaikum...

good ideaWink... Allah be pleased with you...

Date Posted: 17 January 2010 at 5:59am
Wa'laikum Salam wa rahmatullah

Where are you all !

Sis Berre, welcome. Did you memorize these ayaat ?

Here's the tafseer {commentary} of the ayaat which were to be memorised this week.

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16231&PN=1 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16231&PN=1

-------------

Date Posted: 20 January 2010 at 7:20am
As Salamu Alaikum,

I wonder ? No one is active ?

Wisdomseeker is bit busy, what about others ?

Kindly don't let satan to stop us.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 January 2010 at 9:28am

Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,I wasn't active here for a few days but I am back. These worldly issues and worries are trying to strip me of my focus. How are all of my Muslim brothers and sisters here? (mainly sisters)..Inshallah bekhayr. Let me know how you are all feeling and thinking about our project. JAzakum Allahu Khayran جزاكم الله خيرا�

-------------

Date Posted: 21 January 2010 at 2:16am
Assalamu alaikum,

I am back now, so what is our next step in the project?

And moreover, i wonder why none of our other members are participating here, been a long time since i saw sister FOH active, hopefully she shall be back.

Bro jihadx, did u memorise the ayah? You have to confirm your memorization here, right?

We need to stand up, squeeze time somehow and let not this project stop. We are doing it for Allah's sake, may He strengthen our commitment and accept this from us.

Please, do announce the next portion or surah to be memorized.

Jazakallahu khair.

Date Posted: 21 January 2010 at 4:48am
Walaikum Salam wa rahmatullah

yes, we will not stop this project. So kindly annouce the next portion of the Qur'an to be memorised.

Brother Hudhaifah, may Allah swt keep you steadfast in your trials and ease them soon. You know, brother, life seems very boring and inactive when there's no trials in life. Allah swt tries them whom He loves. So keep moving brother.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 January 2010 at 5:22am
Bro Jihadx = Bro Hudhaifa? is it?

Date Posted: 22 January 2010 at 9:07pm
Alhamdulilah

Thanks for the lovely words. I appreciate them so much.

I am thinking about surah al balad or surah al fajr. These are the next soor after the others that we have been memorizing. What are your opinions?

Allah Hafiz

-------------

Date Posted: 23 January 2010 at 3:23am
As Salamu Alaikum

We will go with surah Fajr, but we will take time of more than a week - perhaps 10 days. What do you all say ?

Where are our sisters - Chrysalis and Full of Hopes ?

Sis Wisdom seeker,you are right our brother Jihad - x is Hudhayfa.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 January 2010 at 3:34am
Assalamu alaikum,

I feel surah balad would be good, will finish quickly, but if majority feels for surah fajr, i am fine with it too...and yes if it is fajr then we will take more than a week, 10 to 12 days,...so tell us what you decide bro, we shall start off, inshallah.

Date Posted: 23 January 2010 at 7:43am
"Present !" :)

I am also okay with either Balad or Fajr. Whichever you wish, Let us know.

InshAllah.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 January 2010 at 4:19pm
Wa Alaykum Salam

Alhamdulilah we will begin with surah al fajr. MAy Allah give us this knowledge. Ameen

-------------

Date Posted: 23 January 2010 at 5:30pm

okay brother, insha Allah, we shall memorise surah Fajr. So 10 days from now.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 January 2010 at 8:36pm
Thumbs%20Up Alhamdulilah rabbil aalameen

This is very long. Bi idhni Allahi ta ala we will get through it and understand with ease.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 February 2010 at 10:14am

I cud not memorise it  still, fully. May be we shud extend it for a week more,

What do you all say ?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 February 2010 at 3:30am

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
اللهم صلي على نبينا محمد و على آله و صحبه  و سلم

Masha' Allah,, may Allah bless this effort here. I really like it and I did all Suaars here. I think you can do Al Fajer the whole Suraa.. Just do it and pray for Allah support to you all and me too to stay with you on this blessed  project.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 February 2010 at 10:22pm
Inshallah keep going and going!!!< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">

-------------

Date Posted: 05 February 2010 at 5:57pm
I came across something right up our alley sub7anallah!!
albaseerah.org .. we can use this to track our progress. We have to let them know that we are interested and we can get weekly help by those who are experienced. Alhamdulilah I am interested. How about you all??

-------------

Date Posted: 06 February 2010 at 12:07am
As Salamu Alaikum

I did not understand that br. Can you make it clear.

Though, i did not yet memorise completely, may be insha Allah by Wednesday, i shall completely memorise it.

Sis Chrysalis may not be active for few days. She did let me know. {Truly missing her presence over boards}

Full of Hopes is also not active

Wisomseeker -- no news of her. We belong to same place. Insha Allah, shall make a call.

And who else is left !!! I guess we were 6.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 February 2010 at 1:47am
الحمدلله والصلاة والسلام على رسول الله وعلى اله وصحبه ومن ولاه وبعد

I ask Allah to give us the strength to keep moving our feet Inshallah. Even

though they are not currently active, it doesn't mean that they aren't

putting forth their best efforts. The idea that I am proposing is one that

will benefit us greatly. We will be able to post all of our updates and keep

moving from there. It is done through the site which I posted earlier. They

will help weekly to correct mistakes in recitation and one on one help.

Subhanallah this is available only by the grace of Allah subhanahu wa ta

ala. It is very simple to begin. You will have to register for the forum on

their site and that is where the posting will be. We can also continue to

post here of course. I think it will be very greatly appreciated by myself

and others. I want to keep striving for the sake of Allah and only improve!

Let me know if anyone is interested in really continuing to do this

sincerely. I can provide more details. I ask Allah to drive away whispers of

Al Shaytan and any evil acts which may prevent us from reaping the

righteous fruits of beneficial Islamic knowledge.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 March 2010 at 9:53am

KEEP MOVING and IMPROVING dear brothers and sisters!!

Put me in your duaa..

-------------

Date Posted: 04 March 2010 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Full of Hopes Full of Hopes wrote:

KEEP MOVING and IMPROVING dear brothers and sisters!!

Put me in your duaa..

inshAllah sister. take care...

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net