Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Basics of Islam
Forum Description: Basics of Islam
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14277
Printed Date: 20 April 2024 at 6:14am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: What is Ihsan? Let's discuss....
Posted By: Nur_Ilahi
Subject: What is Ihsan? Let's discuss....
Date Posted: 27 February 2009 at 11:24pm
Assalamualaikum.

I am tired of debating with non-Muslims. For once, would love to discuss a subject that is dear to my heart with fellow Muslims.

I am very interested in this subject of tasawwuf. Tasawwuf is the science of Ihsan, the 3rd pillar of Islamic religion, namely Islam, Iman and Ihsan. It is very sad and dissapointing that not many Muslims are aware of this important subject in Islam. Some even totally reject the idea of Tasawwuf also known as Sufism. I wonder why?

The 5 pillars of Islam and the 6 pillars of Iman together with the two pillars of Ihsan is the base of Islamic religion.

I hope, out there, there are some brothers and sisters who would like to share their knowledge and experience in this topic.

Salam..

-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.

Replies:
Posted By: abosait
Date Posted: 08 April 2009 at 3:10am

Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi Nur_Ilahi wrote:

Assalamualaikum.

I am tired of debating with non-Muslims.

Wa Alaykum Assalam wa Rahmatullah.

Hindus and sikhs would only be too pleased with you if you are a Sufi.

the science of Ihsan, the 3rd pillar of Islamic religion,
Who made it the third pillar of Islam?

It is very sad and dissapointing that not many Muslims are aware of this important subject in Islam. Some even totally reject the idea of Tasawwuf also known as Sufism. I wonder why?

Because Both the terms Sufi and Sufism and Sufi beliefs have no basis from the traditional Islamic sources of the Qur'an and Sunnah, a fact even admitted by themselves. Rather, Sufism is in essence a conglomerate consisting of extracts from a multitude of other religions with which Sufi's interacted.

The 5 pillars of Islam and the 6 pillars of Iman together with the two pillars of Ihsan is the base of Islamic religion.

Qur'an and the Sunnah of the Prophet Mohammed Sallallahu alaihi wasallam is the basis of Islam.

I hope, out there, there are some brothers and sisters who would like to share their knowledge and experience in this topic.

With the demise of the Companions and their successors, the door became open for the distortion of Islamic Principles.

The enemies of Islam had already burrowed deep into the ranks of Muslims and rapidly caused Fitnah through their spreading of forged hadith and subsequently created new sects such as the Khawaarij and Mu'tazilah.

Sufism gained its breeding ground during this period, whereby it gained its support from the Dynastic Rulers, who had deviated from Islam to the extent whereby magic was used as entertainment in their courts, even though magic is considered as Kufr in Islam.

During this period, Sufism developed its Shi'a flavour, indeed the roots of contemporary Sufism have been traced back to Shi'a origins (see later).

Sufi ideology and thinking flourished during the times of the likes of Muhyiddin Ibn Arabi, Jalal Ad Din Rumi, and Imam Ghazali. Their translation of Greek philosophical works into Arabic during the third Islamic century left an indelible mark on many aspects of Sufism, resulting in Greek pantheism becoming an integral part of Sufi doctrine.

Pagan practices such as Saint worshipping, the use of magic and holding venerance towards their Sheikh overtook the Orthodox practices of Islam and had little resemblance to the Islam left by our Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam).

By examining the mystic doctrines of Christianity, Hinduism, Taoism and other religions, it becomes clear how closer Sufism is to these religions than to Islam. In fact, Sufism is never characterised under "Islam" in any system of catalogue, but rather under 'Mysticism'.

Sharda highlights these unsurprising similarities by stating that: "After the fall of Muslim orthodoxy from power at the centre of India for about a century, due to the invasion of Timur, the Sufi became free from the control of the Muslim orthodoxy and consorted with Hindu saints, who influenced them to an amazing extent. The Sufi adopted Monism and wifely devotion from the Vaishnava Vedantic school and Bhakti and Yogic practices from the Vaishnava Vedantic school. By that time, the popularity of the Vedantic pantheism among the Sufis had reached its zenith."

Date Posted: 09 April 2009 at 8:00pm
Abosait,

Alhamdulillah we meet again.

In the book The Forty Hadiths, the second hadiths stated clearly about Islam, Iman, Ihsan and Qadar. Here is the excerpt from - http://fortyhadith.iiu.edu.my/hadiths.htm - http://fortyhadith.iiu.edu.my/hadiths.htm

In the above hadith the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, defines Al-Islam, i.e. the five pillars, as the outward actions of the limbs, Al-Iman as being associated with belief - the inner actions of the heart, and Al-Ihsan as the highest level to attain. But the first two definitions can be interchanged with each other - sometimes Islam can be used to describe internal actions and Iman can mean external actions. There are a few hadiths which The Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, mentions that there are more than seventy actions which are considered as Iman.

If the term Islam is used on its own, it means the whole thing - Al-Islam, Al-Iman and Al-Ihsan. Similarly, when Iman is used on its own it means Al-Iman, Al-Islam and Al-Ihsan. The Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, mentions at the end of this hadith that the deen consists of these three things.

If the Iman is weak it will affect Al-Islam (good deeds/actions). According to al-Imam Abu Hanifa: Even though Al-Iman and Al-Islam are different, Al-Iman necessitates the actions (Al-Islam).

Some Scholars say the Muslims are considered strangers among the Disbelievers; and the Mua'minin are considered strangers among the Muslims; and the Muhsinin are considered strangers among the Mua'minin.

Al-Ihsan (the highest level of Iman where we worship Allah as if we see Him or if we don't see Him we know He sees us) is about fearing Allah and glorifying Him. This will lead us to strive for our best in performing our ibadah - we will be more sincere in our ibadah. Thus Al-Ihsan is also about the best actions of the heart. The actions that will lead to Al-Ihsan: to love Allah the most, to fear Allah the most, to seek the help of Allah, to have hope in Allah that He will give us mercy and guide us, to trust Allah wholly.

-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.

Date Posted: 09 April 2009 at 8:10pm

What Is Tasawwuf

Tasawwuf is a branch of Islamic knowledge which focuses on the spiritual development of the Muslim.

Allah sent His final messenger, Prophet Muhammad , as a source of knowledge for the entire ummah. He was the fountain of Quran, Hadith, tafsir, rhetoric, fiqh, and so on. After the Prophet, the scholars of this ummah carried and propagated each of these branches of knowledge. Because no one person can attain the perfection of the Prophet , who single handedly assumed all of these roles, various branches of the Islamic sciences developed. For example, Imam Abu Hanifah preserved the science of fiqh and after him thousands of scholars continued in his footsteps. Hence these scholars preserved the fiqh of the Prophet . Similarly Imam Bukhari and the other famous scholars of Hadith, preserved the words of the Prophet. The scholars of tajweed preserved the recitation of the Prophet . And, the scholars of Arabic grammar preserved the language of the Prophet .

Along these lines, the Prophet was the model of spirituality for the world. His God-consciousness, deep spirituality, acts of worship, and love for Allah were preserved and propagated by an Islamic science called Tasawwuf. The aim of the scholars of this science was purification of the heart, and development of consciousness of Allah through submission to the shariah and sunnah.

So Abosait, is it wrong for us Muslims to emulate our Dear Prophet Muhammad salallahualaihiwassalam in purifying our souls thru Tasawwuf?

Salam...

-------------

Date Posted: 10 April 2009 at 10:39am

........Tasawwuf is a branch of Islamic knowledge which focuses on the spiritual development of the Muslim.....
There is no such thing mentioned in the Qur'an or Sunnah. It is a statement fabricated by the Sufis.

So Abosait, is it wrong for us Muslims to emulate our Dear Prophet Muhammad salallahualaihiwassalam in purifying our souls thru Tasawwuf?
It is wrong because Tasawwuf or Sufism is what the Sufis have gathered during their interactions with other religions and introduced into islam. 

On the contrary we have to follow the method of Purification which has been prescibed in the Qur'an and Sunnah

The Deen was perfected and a proclamation to this effect was made by the Prophet in his last Sermon at Hajjatul Widaa'. We need not go searching for new methods such as Tasawwuf.

Islam orders mankind to purify ourself through Tawheed.

So, firmness upon the Deen of Almighty God, excellence in this world and salvation in the Hereafter is built upon two great matters:
"Firstly: Knowledge of God and the beautiful Names and lofty Attributes that befit Him and His Actions -
and this necessitates
  • appreciation of His Majesty,
  • honouring Him,
  • fearing Him,
  • being in awe of Him,
  • loving Him,
  • placing one's hopes in Him,
  • placing reliance upon Him,
  • being pleased with His decree and
  • having patience with what He sends down as regards to hardships.
Secondly: Knowledge of what He loves and is pleased with, and what He hates and angers Him - whether beliefs, sayings, outward or inward actions.
So the one who has knowledge of this has to rush to fulfill that which Almighty God loves and is pleased with, and to avoid that which He hates and which angers Him.2

Almighty God - the Most High - said.

"Say: 'Whose is the earth and all that is in it, if you do indeed know?' They will say: 'It belongs to God.' Say: 'Will you not then remember?' Say: 'Who is the Lord of the heavens and the Lord of the great Throne?' They will say: 'God.' Say: 'Will you not then fear Him?"
Qur'aan - Soorah Muminoon 23:84-87
So not everyone who affirms that Almighty God is the Lord of everything and is its Creator, will be a worshipper of Him to the exclusion of everything else -
  • calling upon Him alone,
  • hoping in Him alone,
  • having fear of Him alone,
  • forming allegiance and enmity for Him,
  • obeying His Messengers,
  • ordering what He orders and forbidding what He forbade."

Shaykh 'Abdul-Qaadir al-Jeelaanee (died 561H) said:

"So it is upon you to fear God - the Mighty and Majestic - and not to fear anyone else except Him. Turn to God - the Mighty and Majestic - for your every need, and rely upon Him alone - the Most High - seeking that which you need from Him alone. Do not rely upon anyone other than Almighty God. And Tawheed - all is contained in Tawheed."Futoohul-Ghayb (p.176).

Date Posted: 10 April 2009 at 10:52am

Along these lines, the Prophet was the model of spirituality for the world. His God-consciousness, deep spirituality, acts of worship, and love for Allah were preserved and propagated by an Islamic science called Tasawwuf..............

That is mis-information

The record of Prophet's traditions and the life of the Sahaba is called Hadith. The authentic books of Hadith are called Sahih.

Posted By: savant
Date Posted: 10 April 2009 at 9:55pm
Tasawwuf is all about self purification under islamic rulling; its not above the Law, Sunna or Quran. Any sufi claiming opposite is not valid.

sorry for those who can't uderstand below, will try to translate it but later; anybody else have its english version; please share.

-------------
Never Give up

Date Posted: 11 April 2009 at 7:31am
Originally posted by abosait abosait wrote:

It is wrong because Tasawwuf or Sufism is what the Sufis have gathered during their interactions with other religions and introduced into islam.

Salam alaikum again Abosait.

There are many forms of Sufism. Some Sufism came directly from Rasulullah to Ali Radhiallahuanhu and some directly from Abu Bakar Radhiallahuanhu. Some Sufis, I understand practise sufism with dancing which I believe did not come from Rasulullah but perhaps modified by the some errant sufis themselves. I am not referring to these kind of sufisms. But the direct one from Rasulullah especially from Abu Bakar. Abu Bakar was well known for his weeping during solah (prayers) Nothing could be heard except his weeping.

Therefore I do not blame you for thinking that Sufism is  deviant ways from the True Islamic Path. Perhaps you have never ever come across this silsilah Tariqah Naqshabandi who came directly from Abu Bakar AsSidiq.
http://www.tasawwuf.org/shaykh/silsilah.htm

Their form of meditation is simple actually, but of course very difficult to practise because it is a jihad of the Nafs.

http://www.tasawwuf.org/basics/thanwi_tasawwuf.htm

And the recitation that you need is very simple just pronouncing the word Allah repetitively. I do not think repeating the word Allah is deviant do you?

Till next time...Salam

-------------

Date Posted: 11 April 2009 at 8:53am
Alhamdulillah i recently listned live Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad Naqshbandi Bian when he was in Lahore. Soul refreshing.

-------------
Never Give up

Date Posted: 11 April 2009 at 9:17pm
Salam alaikum Ya Savant.

You are indeed very lucky to meet someone like Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad Naqshbandi Bian. In my case I only met the mureed of the Shaikh. furthermore was not from my country but the neigbouring one. Before Our dear Shaikh died that was more than 20 years ago, he told his mureeds, that whoever wants to learn this 'ilm or knowledge, please do not hesitate to teach because time is running out - meaning the end is too near. Those who are lucky and persevere InshaAllah will gain something, while those who do not, will not lose anything.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 April 2009 at 9:33pm
One of the greatest Sufi Master in Islamic History was ABDUL QADIR JAILANI. His silsilah (family root/tree) were from Our Dear Prophet himself.

"al-Hasanii al-Husainii -
"The descendant of both al-Hasan and al-Husain, the grandsons of the Prophet (Allaah bless him and give him peace)." To quote the Turkish author, Shaikh Muzaffer Ozak Efendi (may Allaah bestow His mercy upon him):  "The lineage of Shaikh 'Abd al-Qaadir is known as the Chain of Gold, since both his parents were descendants of the Messenger (Allaah bless him and give him peace).  His noble father, 'Abdullaah, traced his descent by way of Imaam Hasan, while his revered mother, Umm al-Khair, traced hers through Imaam Husain."

http://www.al-baz.com/shaikhabdalqadir/about/about2/about2.html

An excerpt from his book Futuh-Al-Ghaib -

Step out of your own self and keep your distance from it. Practice detachment from your possessiveness, and surrender everything to Allah. Become His doorman at the door of your heart, obeying His command by admitting those He instructs you to admit, and respecting His prohibition by shutting out those He instructs you to turn away, so that you do not let passion back into your heart once it has been evicted. Passion is expelled from the heart by resistance to it and refusal to follow its urges, whatever the circumstances, while compliance and acquiescence allow it to gain entry. So do not exert any will apart from His will, for anything else is your own desire, and that is the Vale of Folly, where death and destruction await you, and falling from His sight and becoming secluded from Him. Always keep His commandments, always respect His prohibitions, and always submit to what He has decreed. Do not associate Him with any part of His creation. Your will, your passions and your carnal appetites all belong to His creation, so refrain from indulging any of them lest you become a polytheist. Allah (Exalted is He) has said:

Whoever hopes to meet his Lord, let him do righteous work, and make none sharer in the worship due unto his Lord. (18:110)

http://www.al-baz.com/shaikhabdalqadir/Books_and_Text_of_Wisdom/Futuh_al-Ghaib/7-Futuh_al-Ghaib/7-futuh_al-ghaib.htm

-------------

Date Posted: 12 April 2009 at 1:41am

............. Perhaps you have never ever come across this silsilah Tariqah Naqshabandi who came directly from Abu Bakar AsSidiq...............
Over the years many deviant movements have arisen in the Muslim world bent on corrupting the teachings of Islaam and thereby mislead the Muslims. One of the most dangerous of the contemporary movements is the group known as the Naqshbandi Tariqat.

The greatest danger of this group lies in the fact that they, while wearing the cloak of Islam, are striving to destroy it from within, in a vain attempt to extinguish the light of Islam and divert the Muslims from the reality of the religion.

The simple method we have adopted in exposing the group�s deviant beliefs is to quote what Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) says in the Qur'an and what His truthful Messenger Muhammad (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) has said in the authentic Ahadith, and then to quote the group�s beliefs or position vis-a-vis the same issue, taken from their own publications printed by �Arafat Publishing House�, and where necessary commented upon.

1. THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: Allah is the Only Truth

Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) says in the Qur'an -

"That is because Allah - He is the Truth and it is He who gives life to dead." (Qur'an, Chapter 22, Verse 6)

THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Aba Yazid al-Bistami is the Truth

On page 15 of the book �The Naqshbandi Way� it reads -

"Whoever recites this Ayah even a single time will attain a high rank and a great position, � he will get what the Prophets and saints could not get, and will arrive at the stage of Aba Yazid al-Bistami, the Imam of the order who said: "I am the Truth (al-Haqq)."

The above statement �I am the Truth� - is a clear example of Shirk (association) in the aspect of the Names and Attributes of Allah, since Al-Haqq in the definite form, is one of Allah�s unique attributes and is not shared by any created being or thing unless preceded by the prefix `Abd meaning "Slave of" or "Servant of". (In fact the Mystic al-Hallaaj was publicly executed as an apostate for daring to openly claim divinity in his infamous pronouncement "Anal-Haqq"- I am the Truth.)

2. THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: None shares with the command of Allah

"Verily, His (Allah�s) command, when He intends a thing, is only that he says to it, "Be! And it is!" - (Chapter 36, Verse 82); and in another place in the Qur'an, Allah says =

"They have no protector other than Him (Allah); nor does He share His command with any person whatsoever." - (18:26)

THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh shares with the command of Allah

On page 33 of the book �Mercy Oceans - Part 1�, it reads "The Power of the wali is such that he only needs to say Kun (be) and that will be."

The above is another example of Shirk (association) in the aspect of the Lordship of Allah, since the Islamic principle of the Lordship of Allah states that no created being can share in God�s attributes and infinite qualities, and any attempt to give the Divine attributes to creation is referred to as Shirk (association), the antithesis of Tawheed (singling out Allah alone for worship).

3. THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: None could attain the Rank of the Prophets or their Companions

The Prophet Muhammad (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) has said in a well known Hadith that,

"The best of people are those living in my generation, and then those who will follow them, and then those who will follow the latter�" (Saheeh Bukhaaree, Vol 5, Hadith #3, Arabic-English Trans.)

THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Certain people could attain a Rank higher than the Prophets and their Companions.

On page 1 of the book �The Naqshbandi Way� it reads,

"Our master the Sheikh says that a person who manages to act on these principles in our times will achieve what earlier generations did not achieve � he who attains an exalted stage and a great rank, such a rank which the Prophets themselves and the companions were unable to attain."

On page 4 of the book �the Naqshbandi Way� it reads,

"Especially those who hold to the Prophet�s Sunnah, will attain special stations that weren�t opened to earlier people - not even to the Prophet�s companions.

The deviant claim of attaining the rank which the Prophets could not is a major deception of the Naqshbandiya as any Muslim with even the basic knowledge of Islaam will confirm. As regards the companions (May Allah be pleased with them all), the Prophet (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) in a hadith narrated by Anas bin Maalik (RadhiAllahu Anhu) said - "After me, you will see others given preference to you, so be patient till you meet me." (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 5., Hadith #137, Arabic-English Trans.)

He (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) also said in reference to his Companions (May Allah be pleased with them all),

"For by Him in Whose hand is my soul, if you were to spend the like of 'Uhud or of the mountains in gold, you would not reach their actions." (Sahih Bukhaaree)

4. THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: Allah is above the heavens

"Do you feel secure, that He (Allah), who is above the heavens, will not cause the earth to sink with you." (Qur'an, Chapter 67, Verse 16).

And in a long Hadith found in Sahih Muslim, it is narrated that the companion Mu`awiyah ibn al-Hakam, (RadhiAllahu Anhu) slapped his servant girl who used to tend his sheep, and as a result when to the Prophet (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) and asked what should be done as an atonement for having slapped her.

The Prophet (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) replied, "Bring her to me"
so Mu`awiyah brought her to the Prophet (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam).
The Prophet (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) then asked her, "Where is Allah?" and she replied "Above the Sky"
then the Prophet (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam ) asked her,
"Who am I?" and she replied, "You are Allah�s Messenger",
so the Prophet (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) said,
"Free her, for verily she is a true believer." (Sahih Muslim, Vol 1, Hadith #1094, English Translation)

THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Allah is Everywhere

On page 13 of the book Haqiqat ul Haqqani it reads,

"Allah Almighty is everywhere but specially in the Baitullaah as He has Himself called it the house of Allah. For it to be called the house of the Lord, the Lord of the house must be in it."

The concept of Allah being everywhere is not Islaamic as the above Qur'anic Ayah and the authentic hadith confirm. Indeed if Allah was everywhere then there would be no need for the Prophet (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) to go up through the seven skies on the night of Mi`raaj to meet Allah - he would have been in the direct presence of Allah in his very own house.

5. THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: None has the knowledge of the Last Day except Allah

Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) says in the Qur'an,

"Verily the knowledge of the Hour is with Allah (alone)." (31:34)

And according to the well known Hadith, where Angel Jibreel (`alaihis salaam) came in the guise of man, we quote the part of the Hadith that is relevant to our matter, after asking about Islaam, Imaan and Ihsaan, Angel Jibreel (`alaihis salaam) asks Prophet Muhammad (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) "then tell me about the hour (meaning the last day)", the Prophet Muhammad (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) replied, "The one questioned about it knows no better than the questioner." (Sahih Muslim, vol 1, Hadith #4, English Translation)

THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh has the knowledge of the Last Day.

In the beginning of page 19 of the book �Mercy Oceans - part one�, it reads -

"These signs have been given us indication that the Last Day is coming is nearly exactly now �we shall witness that great event within two years."

The above book (Mercy Oceans) was published in 1987 and it I almost nine years since its publication, but the last day is still not witnessed. How could it be when indeed Allah has clearly stated in the Qur'an,

"Say None in the heavens and the earth knows the unseen except Allah." (Qur'an, Chapter 27, Verse 65)

6. THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: Believers and disbelievers are not equal.

"the likeness of the two parties (disbelievers and believers) is as the blind and the deaf and the seer and the hearer. Are they equal when compared? Will you not then take heed?" (Qur'an, Chapter 11, Verse 24)

THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Believers and disbelievers are equal

On page 12 of the book �the Naqshbandi Way�, it reads ,

"Allah does not distinguish between the non-believer and the faasiq (wrong doer) or between a believer and a Muslim. In fact they are all equal to him."

Furthermore, on page 16 of the same book it reads, "Allah does not distinguish between a kaafir or a hypocrite or between a saint and a Prophet."

7. THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: No intermediary between Allah and Man

"And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them in knowledge), I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me." (Qur'an, Chapter 2, Verse 186)

THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh is intermediary between Allah and Man

On page 23 of the book Haqiqat ul Haqqani it reads,

"If there wasn�t Mowlana Sheikh Nazim between us and Seyyidina Mahdi (Alai), or between us and the Holy Prophet Muhammad (Sal), or between us and Allah Almighty, no one would be able to reach to Divine knowledge� this is because Mowlana Sheikh Nazim is the intermediary between us and these stations."

[It should be known that the practice and belief of having an intermediary between man and God is a pagan practice, borrowed directly from other religions like Christianity which believes the Pastor or the church priest to be an intermediary between man and God and hence confession of one�s sins is done to them and not directly to God.

8. THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: No spokesman between Allah and Man on the Day of Judgment.

Adi bin Hatim (radhiAllahu `anhu) reported that the Messenger (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) said,

"There is none of you but his Lord will certainly talk to with him without any Spokesman between him and his Lord."

(Sunan Ibn Maajah, Vol 1, Hadith #185, English Translation)

THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh will be a spokesman between Man and Allah on the Day of Judgment

On page 11 of the book Haqiqat ul Haqqani it reads,

"When a person takes Bayyat from Mowlana, Mowlana will be with that person. Even until he reaches in front of Allah Almighty will Mowlana be with him, when Allah Almighty questions this person Mowlana shall answer all questions instead of him."

9. THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: (For anything to happen) it is only what Allah wills

Once a companion of the Prophet (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) concluded his statement to the Prophet (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) with the phrase "It is what Allah wills and you will." The Prophet (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) immediately corrected him saying - �Are you making me an equal with Allah? Say it is what Allah alone wills.� (Collected by Ahmad - Arabic)

THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: It is what Allah and the saint wills.

On page 23 of the book "Quthub us Sailan" which is written by the local head of the group, it reads

"One morning in the newspapers, I read that the wakf board had taken over the Dewatagaha Mosque seeking the chief trustee at the time, chairman of the welfare committee and chief trustee, M.I.M. Shaukat came to my place a couple of days later to find out what he could do in that matter as chief trustee, I told him that if it was the will of Allah and the saint, well nothing could be done on his part."

10. THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: Allah is in charge of creation.

"And Allah is a Wakil (Guardian) over all things." (Qur'an, Chapter 11, Verse 12)

And in another place, Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) says,

"He (Allah) arranges (every) affair from the heavens to the earth." (Qur'an, Chapter 32, Verse 3)

THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh is in charge of creation

On page 15 of the book �Haqiqat ul Haqqani� it reads,

"Every thing that you know of is under the spiritual control of the Sultan al Awliya, he is the one who is in charge of all mankind in this universe, he is also in charge of all the world of Jinns and Angels."

Again the above belief is one of Shirk (association) in the aspect of the Lordship of Allah, as has been explained before.

11. THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: None can change a bad situation except Allah

"And if Allah touches you with harm, none can remove it but He�" (Qur'an, Chapter 6, verse 17)

THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh can change a bad situation.

On page 26 of the book �Haqiqat ul Haqqani� in the 2nd paragraph it reads,

"If a bad situation is to come to a mureed of his, Sheikh has the power to change it."

12. THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: None can make anyone enter paradise or save from hell, except Allah.

The Prophet Muhammad (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) said in an authentic Hadith -

"O People of Quraysh, secure deliverance from Allah (by doing good deeds). I cannot help you at all against Allah. O sons of Abdul-Muttalib, I cannot help you at all against Allah; O (my uncle) Abbas ibn Abdul-Muttalib, O (my aunt) Safeeyah, I cannot help you at all against Allah; O Faatimah, daughter of Muhammad, ask me whatever you like, but I have nothing which can help you against Allah."

(Sahih Muslim, Vol 1, Hadith #402, English Translation)

THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh can make one enter paradise and save one from hell.

On page 30 of the book Haqiqat ul Haqqani, in the 3rd paragraph, it reads -

"Sheikh will not allow any of his mureeds to enter hell, � Sheikh Nazim will make all the followers to enter into this paradise."

13. THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: The Angel of death will take the soul of the dying.

Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) says in the Qur'an,

"Say the Angel of death, who is set over you, will take your souls, then you shall be brought to your Lord." (Qur'an, 32:11)

THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh will take the soul of the dying

On page 35 of the book �Haqiqat ul Haqqani� under the heading �No questioning in the grave�, it reads -

"As for anyone who is related to Mowlana Sheikh Nazim as a mureed, the Angel of Death Israel (Alai) will have nothing to do with him, the soul of this mureed at the time of his death will be taken by Mowlana Sheikh Nazim, he shall look at the mureed and immediately the soul of that mureed will leave his body. There is nothing for either the Angel of death or for the Angels of the grave to do with the mureeds of Sheikh Nazim."

14. THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: No hidden knowledge in Islaam, everything is given in the Qur'an and Sunnah.

The Prophet Muhammad (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) said in an authentic hadith -

"I have not left anything which Allah ordered you with, except that I have ordered you with it, nor anything that Allah forbade you, except that I forbade you from it." (Sahih, al-Baihaqee 7:76, Arabic)

THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh has hidden knowledge.

In spite of the above clear hadith, the deviant Naqshbandi claim that there is �secret knowledge� with the Sheikh, for example on page 60-61 of the book �Haqiqat ul Haqqani� in the 3rd paragraph it reads -

"Vast amounts of hidden knowledge have been communicated to his mureeds by Mowlana Sheikh Nazim in this manner. Questions by these mureeds regarding day to day life, or questions relating to religion � and also many other subjects have been answered by Mowlana Sheikh Nazim. When this type of communication has been granted to a mureed, he no longer needs to resort to books to further his knowledge."

15. THE ISLAMIC BELIEF: When Allah loves a person�

The Messenger of Allah (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) said as narrated by Abu Huraira (radhiAllahu `anhu) that,

"�Allah said�the most beloved things with which my slave comes nearer to Me, is with what I have enjoined upon him, and my slave keeps on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil (praying or doing extra deeds besides what is obligatory) till I love him, so I become his sense of hearing with which he hears, and his sense of sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he grips�"

(Sahih Bukhari, Vol 8, Hadith 509, Arabic - English Trans)

[The above hadith should not be misinterpreted by the reader. What it simply means is as has been explained by the Scholars of Hadith is that, when Allah becomes his sense of hearing means the servant will only hear Halaal speech and will keep away from hearing forbidden speech. And regarding sight, then it means he will only see that which is permissible to see and keep away from seeing that which is Haraam and in the case of the hands then it means he will only touch and use his hands in that which is Halaal and will refrain from touching and doing Haraam with it.]

THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Directly contradicts the above hadith.

On page 62 of the book �Haqiqat ul Haqqani� in the last paragraph it reads,

"Certain of the mureeds of Mowlana Sheikh Nazim experience that Mowlana appears within them, when this happens, they are no longer conscious of themselves as themselves, they lose their identity and are conscious of themselves as their Sheikh. They see through Mowlana�s eyes when they look, they hear through Mowlana�s ears when they hear, and they speak Mowlana�s words when they speak.."

15a THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh can be in any place at the same time.

On page 33 of the book �Haqiqat ul Haqqani� it reads,

"Mowlana Sheikh Nazim can also be present in his shape and body in several places at the same time."

Also on page 65 of the same book it reads in the 2nd paragraph,

"Sometimes, mureeds have been transported to other countries and places. For example, they may be transported in a moment to London�some are known to have visited Mecca, Medina, London and Baghdad in moments by the power and the grace of Sheikh Nazim."

THE ISLAMIC POSITION on the above Naqshbandi position

In a Hadith, the Prophet Muhammad (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) said,

"There are three types of Jinn, one type flies through the air�" (Transmitted by al-Haakim, Tabaraani and al-Baihaqi, Arabic)

And Allah says in the Qur'an,

"And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter with the masculine among the jinns, but they (jinns) increased them (mankind) in sin and disbelief." (Qur'an, 72:6)

15b THE NAQSHBANDI BELIEF: Sheikh has two faces.

On page 21 of the book �Haqiqat ul Haqqani� in the first paragraph describing Sheikh Nazim, it reads

"He (Sheikh) now has a face towards the creatures and a face towards Allah Almighty, therefore he is with Allah Almighty all the time!"

THE ISLAMIC POSITION on the above Naqshbandi belief

The Prophet Muhammad (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) rightly said, as reported by the companion Abu Huraira (radhiAllahu `anhu) who said that Allah�s Messenger (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) said,

"The worst amongst the people is the double faced one."

(Sahih Muslim, vol 4, Hadith #6300 - English Translation)

Also, the companion Ammaar (radhiAllahu `anhu) reported the Prophet (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) as saying,

"He who is two faced in this world, will have two tongues of fire on the day of resurrection."

(Sunan Abu Dawud, Vol 3, Hadith #4855 - English Translation)

Date Posted: 13 April 2009 at 9:24pm

Walaikum Sallam, Nur

I want to share below good book;

http://www.manaqshbandi.net/data/downloads/books/hte.pdf - http://www.manaqshbandi.net/data/downloads/books/hte.pdf

-------------
Never Give up

Date Posted: 14 April 2009 at 7:49am
Originally posted by savant savant wrote:

Walaikum Sallam, Nur

I want to share below good book;

http://www.manaqshbandi.net/data/downloads/books/hte.pdf - http://www.manaqshbandi.net/data/downloads/books/hte.pdf

Thank you Savant.

I will certainly look into it.

Salam

-------------

Date Posted: 14 April 2009 at 7:56am
Abosait.

You only cut and paste something that you have no real experience before.

Have you ever prayed alongside these people, whose weeping really moves you even if you have never reached their level?

Have you ever salam (touch their hands after prayers) and feel their vibrations transmitting to you and feel their deep taqwa?

Have you ever went to one of their houses - a bungalow on top of a hill = and yet what you sense in them is not pride or arrogance but deep humility?

If you have not, then you cannot say anything about Sufism.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 April 2009 at 8:07pm

Abosait.
You only cut and paste something that you have no real experience before.

My post, (if you read you will come to know that) contains
  • quotes from what Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) says in the Qur'an and what His truthful Messenger Muhammad (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) has said in the authentic Ahadith, 
  • compared with quotes from the Naqshbandi group�s beliefs or position vis-a-vis the same issue, taken from their own publications printed by �Arafat Publishing House�, and where necessary, commented upon.

Have you ever prayed alongside these people, whose weeping really moves you even if you have never reached their level?

Why are they weeping ?

Date Posted: 15 April 2009 at 8:05am

My post, (if you read you will come to know that) contains
  • quotes from what Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) says in the Qur'an and what His truthful Messenger Muhammad (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam) has said in the authentic Ahadith, 
Salamalaikum Abosait,

The quotes in your post above would not be understood by normal everyday people. Frankly speaking, I myself have difficulty in understanding it because obviously the person who wrote this may have reached at least level four or station four in their quest to purify their souls. While we, where are we? I do not know whether I have ever left stage one or am I in stage 2? http://www.crescentlife.com/spirituality/seven_levels.htm - http://www.crescentlife.com/spirituality/seven_levels.htm  

compared with quotes from the Naqshbandi group�s beliefs or position vis-a-vis the same issue, taken from their own publications printed by �Arafat Publishing House�, and where necessary, commented upon.
Again, you may not know that there are seven levels of interpretation of the Quran. Depending on where the position of the translator. Therefore you cannot equate a fiqh scholar's translation and a sufi scholar's translation.

Originally posted by wrote:

Why are they weeping?
Because they really understood the meaning of Ihsan. To worship Allah as if you are seeing Him or if not He definitely sees you.

Knowing that He could see the deepest of our heart. How sinful, how forgetful, how ungrateful we are,  feeling remorse, repentance, yearning for His forgiveness, begging for His Rahmah. No other thoughts is in the head, except Him.

It is not easy to reach this stage. In the initial stage we are required to get up in the wee morning, cleanse ourselves and meditate like Muhammad meditated in the Cave of Hira for at least 2 hours.

Frankly speaking, I did not succeed. It is so taxing for the body and mind, . The most I could sit was for 1 hour and also I did not have the istiqamah. The pull of Dunya, Nafs is still strong. But still sometimes, Allah in His Rahmah, gives glimpses of Truth in yourself.

InshaAllah, I will not give up and will keep on trying.

Salam

-------------

Posted By: Akhe Abdullah
Date Posted: 15 April 2009 at 8:54am
As Salamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters Jazakallah Kheiran for starting this topic Sister Nur.Good stuff!May Allah Bless you all.We need more of this instead of the other topics we get caught up in you said it Nur.Speaking of Ihsan brothers and sisters sometimes I find my mind wondering during salats Astagfirallah!Astagfirallah!Astagfirallah!

Date Posted: 15 April 2009 at 9:50am

Salamalaikum Abosait,

...........the person who wrote this may have reached at least level four or station four in their quest to purify their souls. While we, where are we? I do not know whether I have ever left stage one or am I in stage 2?........

Wa alaykum assalam wa Rahmatullah.

The scribe who wrote down the Qur'an/Hadith is not the author of the text that I have copied. Plese read again.

Quran is what Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) says and Hadith is from the truthful Messenger Muhammad (sallAllahu `alaihi wa sallam).

.............. you cannot equate a fiqh scholar's translation and a sufi scholar's translation. ........

The interpretation of the Qur'an I quoted is as understood by the Sahaba and as passed on to us in its original form.

The Sufis as I told you earlier have invented their own Tariqats as my post clearly shows.

Reference to the Sufi's books from where those matters have been copied are also given. 

we are required to get up in the wee morning, cleanse ourselves and meditate like Muhammad meditated in the Cave of Hira for at least 2 hours.
Muhammad Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam meditated in the Cave of Hira before he started getting revelation.

After the Qur'an was revealed on him and he was blessed with Hikma the Deen was completed he did not meditate inside caves anymore.

Neither is it prescribed in the Qur'an.

Thus neither the Sahaba do such acts of monastesism. (khankhi zindagi)

The following portion of the famous Verse of the Qur'an explains it:
.........This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you,and have chosen for you Islam as your religion............
Nur, if you think that you can attain nearness to Allah by doing what is not prescribed in the Qur'an and Sunnah you are terribly mistaken. Neither is the Shai'ah of the previous Ambiya applicable to us since the Qur'an superceds all other Books sent by Allah.

Monastesism was prevailant among the previous Ummah but Islam has abolished it. If you try to revive it it will be bid'ah in Deen.

And the Prophet Sallallahu 'alahi wasallam has said "Kullu bidatin dhalaalah" and "Kullu dhalaalatin finnaar"

Date Posted: 16 April 2009 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters Jazakallah Kheiran for starting this topic Sister Nur.Good stuff!May Allah Bless you all.We need more of this instead of the other topics we get caught up in you said it Nur.Speaking of Ihsan brothers and sisters sometimes I find my mind wondering during salats Astagfirallah!Astagfirallah!Astagfirallah!

Waalaikum salam Akhe.

Most of the time, we here tried to influence the non-Muslims' aqidah, when we ourselves need to strengthen ours. Let us not be afraid to share, to criticize positively, to support, to learn because none of us is perfect.

And if you see that there is something that is wrong in my posts, please do not hesitate to correct me or anyone here. We are after all human.

Salam.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 April 2009 at 8:43am
Assalamualaikum Abosait.

As we know, Rasulullah was the perfect example of a human being. And as a pious servant of Allah, he prayed not only the wajib but also the sunnah. Praying to him was meditating. Remember how his beard got wet and his feet became swollen due to standing too long?

Actually if we can make our solah perfect, spiritually - that is with no other thoughts except Him, we are meditating. But in reality, how many of us could do that? Only by practising to meditate - to clear our mind of everything else, especially of dunya or worldly matters, then we InshaAllah would succeed in our daily prayers.

I am getting tired now, before I go, there is a question for anyone who wants to answer.

There is a man who heard the azan for zohor prayers. Then he heard three voices within him.

The first said - It is time for prayers.
The second said - Wait a bit, zohor time is long approx from 1.30 pm to 4.30pm (according to my country)
The third said - If you want to pray, pray at about 2pm. Did not your wife said she is coming at that time?

Now, these are the whispers of, Nafs, Shaitan and the Pure Ruh. Which is which?

till next time....Good night and Salam.

-------------

Posted By: Akhe Abdullah
Date Posted: 17 April 2009 at 4:59am

Originally posted by Akhe Abdullah Akhe Abdullah wrote:

Waalaikum salam Akhe.Most of the time, we here tried to influence the non-Muslims' aqidah, when we ourselves need to strengthen ours. Let us not be afraid to share, to criticize positively, to support, to learn because none of us is perfect.And if you see that there is something that is wrong in my posts, please do not hesitate to correct me or anyone here. We are after all human.Salam.
Salams Sister Nur Ilahi.Jazakallah Kheiran,for your reply.same here.

Date Posted: 17 April 2009 at 7:38pm

Assalamualaikum Abosait.

.......... Praying to him was meditating.................?

Did he say so? Has any of his companions reported as such? If the answer is yes, please give proof.

Actually if we can make our solah perfect, - to clear our mind of everything else, especially of dunya or worldly matters, then we InshaAllah would succeed in our daily prayers.

Please support your statement with proof from the Qur'an / Sunnah if you are truthful in saying that those are the conditions to succeed in our daily prayers.

Jazakallahu Khaiar.

Date Posted: 17 April 2009 at 9:18pm
Before I proceed with quotations from the Quran and Sunnah, I would like to reiterate that Islam is not just a physical religion of proclaiming the shahadah, praying five times a day, fasting in the month of Ramadhan, giving charity or performing the Hajj.

These are all the physical side of Islam. Remember Allah is Az-Zahir and Al-Bathin. So if there is the physical side of Islam, there is also the spiritual side.

And the most important part is the spiritual side. We are going to meet Allah Al-Khaliq not in our physical form, but in our spiritual form. Our Ruh. How do we make sure that we meet Him in the purest possible state as we were born into?

There are many branches of Islamic teachings that no one can ever master except of course our dear Beloved Rasulullah. There are the shariah, haqiqah and makrifah. Most of us are only conversant on the shariah. How should we pray, what is jamak taqdim or jamak takhir, when does a woman allowed to fast during Ramadhan - these are all the physical side of Islam.

But have anyone teach you how to have absolute attention during prayers? Can you easily find a sheikh who can teach you how to pray without thinking, what am I to cook today? Or whether you had switch off the iron just now while at the same time you utter the words Allahuakbar?

I am sure you have read books on the Pillars of Islam, books on the Pillars of Iman, have you ever touched a book on the two pillars of Ihsaan?

Now back to the question in my post earlier. Would you like to answer this question? If you can answer correctly, there is a chance that you understand what is Ihsaan.

Abosait, denying the true spirit of Tasawwuf is denying the two pillars of Ihsaan. As a Muslim, we have to accept all these three as our source of Aqidah Islamiyah. Negating this, put your aqidah in a big question mark.

Salam.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 April 2009 at 10:19am

.......... Remember Allah is Az-Zahir and Al-Bathin. ...........
Adh-Dhaahir = The Uppermost one

Al-Baatin = The Innermost one
The Names of Allaah and His Attributes are the basis of our worship of Allaah. We come to know Him by His Names and Attributes, the more we know, the better our worship.

Allah says,

"And to Allaah belong the most-beautiful of Names,

therefore call upon Him by them,

and leave alone those who deviate in Allaah's Names.

They will soon be recompensed for what they used to do." [7:180]

Deviating can take place in a number of different ways:

1. To reject anything that the Names of Allaah indicate or give evidence to, such as the Attributes or Qualities behind them,

2. To claim that the Names of Allaah give evidence to attributes which are similar to the creation. (This is Tashbeeh)

3. To call Allaah by a name that He did not call Himself such as 'Father' as the Christians do or 'The First Cause' as the philosophers and the People of Kalaam do.

4. To derive other names from the Names of Allaah and then to name idols with them. For example al-Uzzaa, one of the gods of the pagans in the time of the Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) was derived from Allaah's Name, al-Azeez. Likewise, al-Laat was taken from Allaah. However, these names are unique for Allaah and no one else deserves them, just as He is unique in deserving the worship of the whole of creation.

........There are the shariah, haqiqah and makrifah. Most of us are only conversant on the shariah. .......have you ever touched a book on the two pillars of Ihsaan?...........

Again you are talking of invented matters that have no basis in the Qur'an or Sunnah. Are you saying that the Prophet has not done his duty properly because he has not told you of all these matters which your Sufi Shaikhs are telling you to believe in?

..............But have anyone teach you how to have absolute attention during prayers?.............

The Prophet Sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam has not omitted to teach us anything that is required of us in deen. His Sahaba and the True followers have faithfully transmitted all that to us and is available in the authentic Sahih.

Date Posted: 19 April 2009 at 6:55am
Assalamualaikum Abosait.

Do you remember our debate on the other thread? http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13571&KW=sufi+remote+healer&PN=9 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13571&KW=sufi+remote+healer&PN=9  
I quoted a few Quranic verses, yet you still could not understand or perhaps refuse to  understand or even maybe you do not understand.

Here is a deeper meaning according to Tasawwuf scholars on the meaning of Az-Zahir and Al-Bathin from http://www.sherifbaba.com/batin.htm - http://www.sherifbaba.com/batin.htm  

Allah Batin Allah Hu. 

The esma of Batin is one of the 99 attributes of Allah. It is the inner face of Allah. It is an attribute which shows the inner face of everything He has created. Last week we spoke of http://www.sherifbaba.com/zahir.htm - Zahir , the outer face, and this week we are going to speak, insha�Allah, of the inner face. I am going to try to explain this by joining the two together.
The attribute of Batin lets us know the hiddenness that Allah the Creator has put into everything that He has created. In the inner face of everything, the being of Allah is hidden. The esma of Zahir is the visible, reflecting outer face. It is the form of everything that Allah has created. It has a name, it has a body and it has a form. But the esma of Batin lets us know His hiddenness completely, and can only be felt with His being.

I am going to give an example. It is like this body and the ruh, the spirit. The Zahir is the body. It is seen, visible. It is known. It moves. But Batin is the inner side of this. This is not seen through the eyes. Existence is felt. And how is it felt? With the actions that it performs. With the art that is brought forth.
Now let�s think of a painting. You look at this painting; it�s quite beautiful. There is a beauty in its Zahir, its outer side. But this doesn�t happen by itself. When you look, you think, �There is someone who created this.� The person who painted it is not visible, but he has hidden himself inside of the art that he has created. That is the Batin.

I will give another example: a block of ice. Its name is �ice.� Its form is this block. This is Zahir. Its Batin is water. How are you going to understand that it�s water? When it melts, it softens and lets its water flow. Then we understand that its Batin is water, but its outside, set in a form, is ice. Zahir and Batin are like this.

Everything that Allah has created has two sides. If we are human beings, if we are living well and beautifully, then we have to see these two sides of Allah. For example, there are the events that we encounter every day. They are Zahir events, but there is also a Batin face to these, and we are not able to see it. How are we going to see this, then? In order to understand the hikmet, the wisdom, in it, we need sabur, patience, and we must not make an instant decision. Think well and beautifully. If we use these keys, we will open the door of Batin, and we will see inside of the mysteries.

The human being is like this. What you see is Zahir. Its inner face, its Batin existence, is the essential characteristic of Allah. We call this the latif vujud, the subtle body. This is hidden inside of people, and this is the Batin face. In order to bring this into being we have to work well with our Zahir. With this body we are going to serve everybody well, and make our thoughts beautiful and good. The more beautiful our Zahir gets, the more beauty Allah will manifest in the Batin. Do not forget these attributes of Zahir and Batin. See everything in these two ways.

For example, a letter comes. What is its Zahir? It�s the writing that is written on it. What is its Batin? When you read it, it�s the meaning, what you have understood. This means that in every outer form, every Zahir, what�s working inside and giving meaning is the Batin.

The Divine books have to be seen in this way. There is the Zahir writing, the outer writing. This is the Zahir judgment. But there�s also a Batin meaning, and to find this, we have to work towards good ahlak, behavior and conduct. Otherwise we can read and read the Zahir, and understand nothing.

Let me give an example. You have a child in another land, very far away, who has missed you very much. You wrote a letter from here: �I am well. This happened. That happened. We had some difficulties. We got better. Everything is beautiful.� You wrote your life as it passed, and you sent that to your child. He got it and read it. �Oh, it came from my mother and father,� he said. Even while he looked at its Zahir, he saw its Batin. What is that Batin that he saw? He saw the being of his mother and father there. He read the Zahir, and understood the meaning there, and his sense of longing became more intense, and he started to cry. He cried the tears of longing. A friend of his was sitting next to him. He took the letter and read it. He said, �Why are you crying? It�s a normal letter. Your mother�s well; your father�s well. This happened, that happened. Look, everything�s fine. Why are you crying?� And the child says, �The Batin that I have seen is here. If you had seen it as well, and felt this meaning, then you would cry too.�

All of the Divine books are like this. When we read these books, without reading like the child�s friend read the letter, in the Zahir, let us read in the way that the child saw his mother and father in the Zahir and understood the Batin face. When we read these Divine books, let us not be stuck in their Zahir. What is their Batin, their meaning, trying to tell us? This is what we have to understand.

Everything in life is like this. Everything has a Zahir face and a Batin face. Money has a Zahir face and a Batin face. What is its Zahir face? It�s the transactions that we perform to live our daily lives, and the services that we perform with money. This shows the Zahir side of the money that we use. So what�s the Batin face of money? If you are using this money on the road of Allah, if you are using it to serve humanity well, and if you are creating happiness among the people that you are using this money for, then this is the Batin face of money.

If we understand the Zahir and Batin like this, then we won�t make any hasty decisions. We will wait with time. If we have not been able to understand anything from the Zahir, we will try to see the hikmet in the Batin face. As we are always saying, to become aware of this meaning, as we live with good ahlak, gathering with beautiful people, and performing good service, we will clean the Zahir of this vessel and the Creator Allah will make its Batin beautiful.

Allah sent us to the world with this Batin. Even before our Zahir was seen, when our Batin was known, happiness and joy began. We came to this world with beauty and goodness; now we are looking for it. And when we return to Allah, we will return by bringing out this Batin, this goodness and beauty. Let us not forget the Zahir and Batin. These are twins. One face is Zahir; the other face is Batin. Let us see everything in this way. 

Allah Batin, Allah Hu.

Ya Rabb, we are trying to beautify our Zahir, our outer side. Please help us, and let us try to make our Batin, our inner face, beautiful and good. If You do not send us Your rahmet, Your compassion, if You do not help us, then no one will help us. There is no Allah other than You. All goodness and beauty is inside You. You are both Zahir and Batin. Make us beautiful human beings.

Amin.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 April 2009 at 10:58am

Assalamualaikum Abosait.

............ You look at this painting; ..........The person who painted it is not visible, but he has hidden himself inside of the art that he has created. That is the Batin.

Noor, have you read what you have copy-pasted?

The painter is not inside the painting but is outside of it.

Allah Subhanahu wa ta'alaa is also not inside of his created things but outside of it.

He is Independent of the Throne and whatever is beneath it.

Because He is its Rabb and Owner, as He says:

"On Him only do I rely and He is the Rabb of the glorious Throne"

{Surah Taubah, verse 129}.
The Rabb of anything is not dependant on it, in fact He is independent of it.
He has created it so that He may, thereby, make known His Quality of Ownership over it. The Arsh is a place wherefrom His Orders and Plans are sent forth.

He encompasses everything above it.

As Allaah Ta`ala says:

"Behold! He Encompasses everything"

{Surah HaaMeem Sajdah, verse 54}.

The object of encompassment is not like that of a ship and the creation is within it. Allaah Ta`ala is much more superior than that.

He is Most High and Magnanimous. Indeed the object of encompassment is a great and limitless encompassment.

His knowledge, His Power, His protection, His Planning and Arrangement encompasses all.

All the people and particles of all the universes and worlds are subservient to
His Magnanimous Attributes, which expound His Perfection. All this is attributed to His Greatness.

An atom cannot be compared to the entire universe.
[وَللَّهِ مَا فِى السَّمَـوَتِ وَمَا فِى الاٌّرْضِ]

(And to Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth.)
means, everything and everyone are His property, servants and creation, and He has full authority over all of this. There is no one who can avert Allah's decision or question His judgment. He is never asked about what He does due to His might, ability, fairness, wisdom, compassion and mercy.

Allah's statement,

[وَكَانَ اللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَىْءٍ مُّحِيطاً]

(And Allah is Ever Encompassing all things.)
means, His knowledge encompasses everything and nothing concerning His servants is ever hidden from Him. Nothing, even the weight of an atom, ever escapes His observation in the heavens and earth, nor anything smaller or bigger than that.
Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said:
"Our Rubb, the Blessed, the Exalted, descends to the lowest heaven every night, during the last third of the night, and says: 'Anyone calls Me, I will respond to him? Is there anyone asking for anything? I will give it to him? Is there anyone seeking My forgiveness, I will forgive him?' " (Imaam Maalik, Imaam al-Bukhaaree, Imaam Muslim, and others)
The words of the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam:
'Our Rubb, the Blessed, the Exalted, descends to the lowest heaven'
, clearly indicate the essential Highness or Loftiness of Allaah, the Exalted. Were Allaah to exist everywhere, there would be no need for the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam who knew Allaah best, to say,
'Allaah descends'
, nor would there be a reason to distinguish one portion of the night from another. There is only one answer to this:
Allaah, the Blessed, the Exalted, is above the seven heavens, and above the great 'Arsh.
Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said:
"Allaah will descend to His slaves on the Day of Resurrection." [At-Tirmidthi and others.]
It is the Day when Allaah will come down to pass His judgment.

In another tradition, the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said:
"Allaah will gather the first and the last of His slaves for an appointed certain Day, when they will remain for forty years with their eyes uplifted towards heaven waiting for the decisive judgment. Allaah will then descend in coverings of clouds from His 'Arsh to the Kursi."

In his speech subsequent to the death of the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, Abu Bakr as-Saddiq said:
"He who was worshipping Muhammed sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, (let him know that) Muhammed is dead, and he who was worshipping Allaah, (let him know that) Allaah is above the heaven Ever-Living, never dies'." [Imaam al-Bukhaaree and others]

.............The Divine books have to be seen in this way. There is the Zahir writing, the outer writing. ........... But there�s also a Batin meaning,............... we can read and read the Zahir, and understand nothing..............

The Qur'an and the Sunnah are the primary sources of Islamic Shai'ah and both these should be understood as understood by the Sahaba and not as per our own whims ansd fancies.

The explanation of the text as explained and taught by the Prophet Sallallahu 'alaihi waasallam have been transmitted to us through reliable chain oaf narration called Isnaad and preserved in the form of 'tafsir' and 'hadith'. These have to be understood and followed.

Date Posted: 19 April 2009 at 8:12pm

shari�ah:

The literal meaning of the term shari�ah is
"the way to a watering-place"
, and since water is indispensable for all organic life, this term has in time come to denote a

"system of laws", both moral and practical, which shows man the way towards spiritual fulfillment and social welfare:hence, "religious law"Shari`ah includes the Qur'an and the sunnah of the Prophet

The Holy Qur�an Surah Al-Jathiya (The Kneeling) 45:18

ثُمَّ جَعَلْنَاكَ عَلَى شَرِيعَةٍ مِّنَ الْأَمْرِ فَاتَّبِعْهَا وَلَا تَتَّبِعْ أَهْوَاء الَّذِينَ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ

And, finally, [O Muhammad,]

We have set thee on a way by which the purpose
[of faith] may be fulfilled:

so follow thou this
[way],

and follow not the likes and dislikes of those who do not know [the truth]. (i.e., who are not - or not primarily - motivated by God-consciousness and, hence, are swayed only by what they themselves regard as "right")

Fiqh:

The Arabic word fiqh means knowledge, understanding and comprehension.

It refers to the legal rulings of the Muslim scholars, based on their knowledge of the shari`ah;

The science of fiqh started in the second century after Hijrah,

Note:

Most encyclopedias define sharia as law based upon
1. the Qur'an,

2. the Sunna,

3. and classical fiqh derived from consensus (ijma) and analogy (qiyas).
This definition of sharia inappropriately lumps together the revealed with the unrevealed.

This blending of sources has created a muddled assumption that scholarly interpretations are as sacred and beyond revision as are the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

The Qur'an and the Sunnah constitute the immutable Basic Code, which should be kept separate from ever-evolving interpretive law (fiqh).

This analytical separation between the Basic Code and fiqh is necessary to" dissipate confusion around the term Shariah.

Date Posted: 19 April 2009 at 8:47pm

Originally posted by Abosait Abosait wrote:

Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi

............ You look at this painting; ..........The person who painted it is not visible, but he has hidden himself inside of the art that he has created. That is the Batin.

Noor, have you read what you have copy-pasted?   The painter is not inside the painting but is outside of it.   Allah Subhanahu wa ta'alaa is also not inside of his created things but outside of it.   He is Independent of the Throne and whatever is beneath it.

There are many art lovers who loves to look at beautiful great arts by great artists because they understand what the artist was trying to convey in his art. It is as if the observer could read the mind of the artist so clearly. Not many of us are gifted with this ability. Only those who are very sensitive or have acutely perceptive mind could detect the �soul� of the painting.

Allah Subhanahu wa ta'alaa is also not inside of his created things but outside of it.  

If He is outside it, what is the Ruh doing inside us? Who owned the Ruh that is like the electricity to a CPU? What is a CPU without electricity? What is our physical body without our Ruh? Exactly like you quoted - A
s Allaah Ta`ala says: "Behold! He Encompasses everything"  {Surah HaaMeem Sajdah, verse 54}.

This is the reason why we need to look at the Bathin side of us, not just the physical side. Our physical body will deteriorate once we are inside the grave eaten by maggots, but where is our Ruh?

Not many of us have this inclination towards the bathin meaning of the Quranic verses. If we are not trained by a Sufi Master, we would be no where. The first of the basic teachings that we have to do is to clear ourselves of the impurities of the Soul. Like Anger, pride, deceit, selfishness, ujub, riya, kufr, lazy and so forth that could be found here - http://www.crescentlife.com/spirituality/blemishes_of_nafs.htm

If you really want to know the meaning of Bathin, click the link above and check yourself, whether you have all these blemishes in you. To understand tasawwuf, first and foremost we have to be honest with ourselves. Remember inside us there is the Nafs and Shaitan. How do we differentiate between this?

The verses that you quoted Abosait are full of �bathin� meaning that if a Sufi were to read it, will weep humbly.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 April 2009 at 8:50pm
Quote Abosait -  The Qur'an and the Sunnah are the primary sources of Islamic Shai'ah and both these should be understood as understood by the Sahaba and not as per our own whims ansd fancies.   The explanation of the text as explained and taught by the Prophet Sallallahu 'alaihi waasallam have been transmitted to us through reliable chain oaf narration called Isnaad and preserved in the form of 'tafsir' and 'hadith'. These have to be understood and followed.

Dear Abosait - Please find a few names in this silsilah Thariqah the names of the Sahabah of Rasulullah.

The Chain of the Honorable Mashaikh Naqshband
(may the mercy of Allah be upon them)
Excerpted from the "Shajarah Tayyibah"

Below is the silsilah of the tariqah Naqshbandi Mujaddidi for Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad (db)

1. The mercy for the worlds Rasulullah [Holy City of Madinah Munawwarah].

2. Sayyedina Hadrat Abu Bakr Siddiq (radiallahu anhu) [Holy City of Madinah Munawwarah].

3. Hadrat Salman Farsi (radiallahu anhu) [Madain].

4. Hadrat Qasim bin Muhammad bin Abi Bakr (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Holy City of Madinah Munawwarah].

5. Hadrat Imam Jafar Sadiq (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Holy City of Madinah Munawwarah].

6. Hadrat Khuwaja Bayazeed Bustami (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Bastam].

7. Hadrat Khuwaja Abul Hasan Kharkani (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Kharkhan].

8. Hadrat Khuwaja Abul Qasim Gorgani (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Jarjan].

9. Hadrat Khuwaja Abu Ali Farmadi (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Mashad].

10. Hadrat Khuwaja Yusuf Hamdani (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Turkistan].

11. Hadrat Khuwaja Abdul Khaliq Gajadwani (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Bukhara].

12. Hadrat Khuwaja Muhammad Arif Riogri (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Tajikistan].

13. Hadrat Khuwaja Mehmood Injir Faghnavi (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Bukhara].

14. Hadrat Khuwaja Azizane Ali Raamitni (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Bukhara].

15. Hadrat Khuwaja Muhammad Baba Samasi (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Bukhara].

16. Hadrat Khuwaja Sayyed Amir Kalal (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Bukhara].

17. Hadrat Khuwaja Bahauddin Naqshband Bukhari (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Bukhara].

18. Hadrat Khuwaja Ala'uddin Attar (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Hassar].

19. Hadrat Khuwaja Yaqoob Charkhi (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Dushanbe].

20. Hadrat Khuwaja Ubaidullah Ahrar (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Samarqand].

21. Hadrat Khuwaja Maulana Muhammad Zahid (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Hassar].

22. Hadrat Khuwaja Darvish Muhammad (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Sher Sabz].

23. Hadrat Khuwaja Muhammad Amkangi (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Bukhara].

24. Hadrat Khuwaja Muhammad Baqibillah (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Delhi]

25. Hadrat Khuwaja Mujaddid Alf-Thani (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Sirhind Sharif].

26. Hadrat Khuwaja Muhammad Masoom (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Sirhind Sharif].

27. Hadrat Khuwaja Saifuddin (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Sirhind Sharif].

28. Hadrat Khuwaja Hafiz Muhammad Muhsin (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Delhi].

29. Hadrat Khuwaja Sayed Nur Muhammad Badaiooni (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Delhi].

30. Hadrat Mirza Mazhar Janejana (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Delhi].

31. Hadrat Shah Ghulam Ali Mujaddidi (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Delhi].

32. Hadrat Khuwaja Shah Abu Sa'eed (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Delhi].

33. Hadrat Khuwaja Shah Ahmed Sa'eed Dehlvi (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Holy City of Madinah Munawwarah].

34. Hadrat Haji Dost Muhammad Kandhari (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Musazai Sharif].

35. Hadrat Khuwaja Muhammad Usman Damani (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Musazai Sharif].

36. Hadrat Khuwaja Sirajuddin (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Musazai Sharif].

37. Hadrat Khuwaja Muhammad Fazal Ali Qureshi (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Miskeenpur Sharif].

38. Hadrat Khuwaja Muhammad Abdul Malik Siddiqui (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Khanewal].

39. Murshid-e-Alam Hadrat Khuwaja Ghulam Habib (rahmatullahi alaihi) [Chakwal].

40. Hadrat Maulana Hafiz Zulfiqar Ahmad Naqshbandi Mujaddidi (damat barakatuhu) [Jhang Sharif].

-------------

Date Posted: 19 April 2009 at 9:19pm

• Allah Subhanahu wa ta'alaa is also not inside of his created things but outside of it.  
  • If He is outside it, what is the Ruh doing inside us?
  • Who owned the Ruh that is like the electricity to a CPU?

Really strange. Allah has given us brains to use and understand things.

Let me explain in your language.
  • Who owned the CPU?
  • Sister Nur of course.
  • And Sister Nur is outside and not inside the CPU.

If Sister Nur is outside it, what is the Electricity doing inside the CPU?

• What is a CPU without electricity?
  • What is our physical body without our Ruh?
Both CPU and Electricity are man made and the man is outside both.

Bothe Ruh and Body are creations of Allah and Allah is outside of them.
 [/QUOTE]

Date Posted: 19 April 2009 at 10:21pm

. If we are not trained by a Sufi Master, we would be no where.  

Tasawwuf is an innovation that prescribes actions that exceed the limits prescribed in deen. As I pointed out earlier, Allah s.w.t. has not left out any direction in this regard which would naoodhubillah necessitate innovation in the name of tasawwuf. The cure for everything is in Islam (Qur'an and the Sunnah) be it physical actions, "to rid onelf from inner corruption, corruptions such as pride and arrogance rooted from the heart.....". Nothing has been left out.

We are living in age after the Deen was completed and there will be no more Khidrs or revelation after Allah declared in Surah Al-Ma'idah (The Table Spread) [5:3] :

....This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.........................

The first of the basic teachings that we have to do is to clear ourselves of the impurities of the Soul. Like Anger, pride, deceit, selfishness, ujub, riya, kufr, lazy and so forth  

You succeed in this if only you learn (and follow those upon) the Qur'an and Sunnah and avoid those who deviate from this and invent their own rules based on their false claims of Kashf Ilham and Sufism.

Sufis claim that theirs is a method of purification of soul. Wherea Allah s.w.t. has revealed the methods of purification of body and soul, and Muhammed Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam has not left any instructions in this regard incomplete.

I shall quote only one instance where Allah has clearly told how to purify oneself.

Allah the Most High said:

[لَقَدْ مَنَّ اللَّهُ عَلَى الْمُؤمِنِينَ إِذْ بَعَثَ فِيهِمْ رَسُولاً مِّنْ أَنفُسِهِمْ]

(Indeed Allah conferred a great favor on the believers when He sent among them a Messenger from among themselves,)

Meaning, from their own kind, so that it is possible for them to speak with him, ask him questions, associate with him, and benefit from him.

[يَتْلُواْ عَلَيْهِمْ ءَايَـتِهِ]

(reciting unto them His verses) [3:164], the Qur'an,

[وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ]

(and purifying them),

commanding them to do righteous works and forbidding them from committing evil. This is how their hearts will be purified and cleansed of the sin and evil that used to fill them when they were disbelievers and ignorant.
[وَيُعَلِّمُهُمُ الْكِتَـبَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ]

(and instructing them (in) the Book and the Hikmah,) the Qur'an and the Sunnah,

In conclusion let me remind you that Sufism presumes a fundamental link between the shaikh, head of the Sufi tareeqah (order), and the murid (novice), extending throughout their lifetime and continuing after their death.

The mechanism of the order structure in Sufism leads to many evil results such as -

Deception on the part of the shaikh, who falsely claims the ability to deliver the murid from difficulties and deadly problems the befall him.

The shaikh even claims he will be present at the murid's death, regardless of time or place, and ridiculously enough, will instrut him in his grave on what to tell the two angels of the grave, and will argue with them on his behalf.

Finally, the shaikh promises to intercede for him with Allah on the Day of Judgment, and to help cross over as-Siraat (the bridge over Hell) on that Day, and accompany him to Jannah.

This kind of deception, offering security in the grave as well as in the Hereafter, is a flagrant lie, not permissible under any circumstance. Sufi shaikhs lead simple-minded Muslims to believe in such claims, and the result is shirk (polytheism). Deceiving Muslims is one of the major sins.

- Insulating the murid as far as possible from the world outside the order as to exploit and manipulate him.

Date Posted: 20 April 2009 at 6:55am

Really strange. Allah has given us brains to use and understand things.

Let me explain in your language.
  • Who owned the CPU?
  • Sister Nur of course.
  • And Sister Nur is outside and not inside the CPU.

If Sister Nur is outside it, what is the Electricity doing inside the CPU?

[QUOTE=Nur_Ilahi]
  • What is a CPU without electricity?
  • What is our physical body without our Ruh?

Abosait,

When Allah said 'KUN' - 'FAYAKUN! - In other words everything were created with His Command Kun! Every single atom was created by Him. Everything belongs to Him. Every corner, every part of space is filled with His presence. Whether it is inside, or outside, we are swimming in His Essence. Like the fish swimming in the water, it is covered by God's Rahmah/Mercy without the fish knowing it. Can the fish escape from the water without dying? Can it?

This is why we need to increase our ability to 'see' things not only with our physical eyes but also with our 'spiritual eye'.

If you cannot understand from where your Ruh comes from, to whom it belongs to, and what is its function in your body, it is such a sad thing. It is as if you are living like a zombie.

I know that there are some so-called Sufi Master who were errant and bring bad names to Sufism  but of course there are True Ones, Dedicated Servants of Allah whose niyah or intention is - ILAHI ANTA MAKSUDI WAREDHAKA MATLUBI, A'THINI MAHABBATAK WAMA'RIFATAKA.

Imam Ghazali, Ibn Khaldun, Ibn Sinna, Abdul Qadir Jailani to name a few were great sufis. Either you deny this fact or you do not know that they were.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 April 2009 at 7:06am
The Human Soul
Adapted from Rawdzatu at Talibin Imam Ghaz�l� 
Shaykh Tosun Bayrak

Allah Most High says in the Holy Qur�an (15:26-29) that when He created man from black mud and fashioned him into the beautiful shape of a human being, and made him complete, HE BREATHED INTO MAN HIS SOUL FROM HIS OWN SOUL.

That is what makes us His best creation, a whole universe, a microcosm containing all of creation, almost a divinity, BUT MORTAL, although we are blessed with something within us which is immortal, eternal. But can we identify the "soul"? Can we touch it, see it, feel it? Where is it within us? What does it do to us?

We find an excuse for claiming not to understand the soul. We are told by Allah Most High Himself, addressing His most loved creation, our Master, (saws), that if they (we) ask him about the soul to tell us that "the soul is under the command of our Lord and of its knowledge we are given but little�" (17:85)

But our soul is our only connection with our Lord, which came from Him and which will return to Him. And we are told, "He who knows himself (his soul) knows his Lord." So we must seek. We must understand even if "we are given of this knowledge but little."

Did our Creator make our father Adam (a.s.) out of a "sounding clay of black mud" like a jug, and then pour his soul into that clay? Was Adam (a.s.) a container and the soul what he contained? That analogy does not work, because the flesh is created and the divine soul is not. Besides, the sons and the daughters of Adam (a.s.) are made from nutfa, the human embryonic cell in our mothers� belly which grows, changes shape, ages, shrivels and disintegrates! Also, we are told that the Divine Spirit in each of us is a "Whole" indivisible. How can it be chopped into pieces, with a small portion placed into each human being?

The ones who know say that the existence of the soul in a created being necessitates the existence of a capacity, a receptivity in that being. Without this "receptivity" to accept the soul, we could not have it. The soul is a light. And the receptivity, the ability to be lighted, enlightened with the human soul, is likened to a wick in an oil lamp. The oil lamp is the body, a manifestation of the Divine Attributes ya Khaliq, ya Bari, ya Musawwir: the Creator, the Maker, the Shaper. The oil is life, a gift and manifestation of the Divine Attribute ya Hayy, the Ever-living. In the whole of creation,the wick is a unique gift, given only to the human being: Aql, intelligence, a manifestation of the Divine Attributes of ya Nur, the Light, and ya Alim, the Knower.

To light this lamp of the human being, the wick must have the capacity to absorb the oil of the experiences and the mysteries of life. Human intelligence must absorb knowledge. Otherwise, it ca not catch fire.

When Allah Most High says Nafahtu, "I blow into him", it is as if His ever-existing Nur, the Divine Light, touches the receptive human intelligence, and lights the light of the human soul. Intelligence which does not understand, which does not know, does not have the capacity to receive the eternal soul. That is why our master, the Beloved of Allah (saws) says, "He who does not have intelligence does not have faith or religion."

The soul is not contained within us like water in a cup, or like knowledge which enters our memory or mind. It is more like sunlight reflected on a window at sunset, or an image reflected in a mirror. But if the mirror is dirty, nothing will show in it.

How does the soul�s light manifest itself in us? It is that which makes us see, hear, and smell, but not the usual way we sense things. The enlightenment of the soul should make us see true reality, even make us see our Lord, in the way of Hd. Ali (r.a.) who said, "I do not worship a God whom I do not see." And indeed he worshiped him intensely. Or like Hd. Omar (r.a.) who saw, from Medina, the Muslim armies in danger of being surrounded all the way in Persia and shouted "Pull back to the mountain!" and was heard. Or like the blessed companions of the Prophet (saws) who used to hear rocks and plants saluting the Beloved of Allah (saws). And like the Messenger of Allah himself (saws), who smelled the perfume of Hd. Uways al Karani (r.a.) long after he had returned home and said, "I smell the presence of a friend." And who furthermore looked into the eyes of Hd. Aisha (r.a.), who had seen Uways, and saw him in her eyes.

If we have a soul, we should be able to know ourselves, and in this knowledge know our Lord.

As in the analogy of the oil lamp, when the oil of life is used up, the light of the soul goes out. When the soul leaves the body, where does it go? It returns to where it always was.

Heraclitus, an ambassador from Byzantium, asked the Messenger of Allah (saws), "Where is your paradise, your hell, if not in the world or in the skies?" The Beloved of Allah (saws) responded, "Fe Subhan Allah! Mercy! Where is the day when the night comes?"

Allah knows best.

http://www.crescentlife.com/spirituality/human_soul.htm

-------------

Date Posted: 20 April 2009 at 10:26am

Allah Most High says in the Holy Qur�an (15:26-29) .........

Noor, plese read for yourelf two of the Verses under reference and the translation of their meanings as understood by the Sahaba and passed on to us through scholars.

وَإِذْ قَالَ رَبُّكَ لِلْمَلاَئِكَةِ إِنِّي خَالِقٌ بَشَرًا مِّن صَلْصَالٍ مِّنْ حَمَإٍ مَّسْنُونٍ (15:28)

فَإِذَا سَوَّيْتُهُ وَنَفَخْتُ فِيهِ مِن رُّوحِي فَقَعُواْ لَهُ سَاجِدِينَ (15:29)

(28. And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "I am going to create a man (Adam) from dried (sounding) clay of altered mud. '')

(29. "So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him (Adam) of My spirit (the soul which I created for him,) then fall down, prostrating yourselves before him.'')

God's "breathing of His spirit" into man is obviously a metaphor for His endowing him with life and consciousness: that is, with a soul..

• But can we identify the "soul"?
  • Can we touch it, see it, feel it?
  • Where is it within us?
  • What does it do to us?

• The Qur'aan and Sunnah give us only a limited knowledge concerning the soul. From it we can say that the Arabic words 'Ruh' and 'Nafs' are both used, sometimes interchangeably, for the soul. Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim wrote in his scholarly work ?Kitab al Ruh?,

Ruh is an entity which differs totally from the physical body.
  • It is a subtle, ecclesiastical, enlightened living and moving body which penetrates into the depths of the organs and flows into them like the water in the rose or the oil in the olive or the fire in the coal.
  • As long as these organs remain able to accept the impressions of this subtle body, the 'Ruh' remains attached to these organs and provides them with feeling and movement.
  • But when these organs are spoiled because of the dominance of diseased elements upon it, and they are no longer able to accept the impressions of the soul, it leaves the body and heads towards the world of the souls.

There is some difference in the way the words 'Ruh' and 'Nafs' are used. The 'Ruh' is the subtle spirit which resides in the heavens and needs a physical body to carry it on the earth. When this spirit is given a body, life begins and it is described as 'Nafs'. The word 'Nafs' is used in a number of ways by the Qur'aan, all of which imply the meaning of a soul with a body.

The soul ................ It is more like sunlight reflected on a window at sunset, or an image reflected in a mirror. But if the mirror is dirty, nothing will show in it.

That is another Sufi fabrication.

As I told you earlier
Sufism (tasawwuf) is a blend of various thoughts and philosophies. By intermingling a few traces of Islamic teachings with it, the Sufi thinkers attempted to sanctify their doctrines and demonstrate its conformity to Islam

Greek philosophy, and in particular the teachings of Neo-Platonists, have left an indelible mark on many aspects of Sufism. This came about as a result of the translation of Greek philosophical works into Arabic during the third Islamic century. Greek pantheism became an integral part of Sufi doctrine.

Manicheanism is also one of the mainstreams of Sufism. N. Fatemi observed: "It is interesting how near to Manichean ideas the Sufis are, remembering that both Manicheanism and Sufism were nurtured in Persia.

Vedanta, the chief Hindu philosophy, which is an example of pantheism in its metaphysical strictness, also had a great impact on Sufism following the conquest of Sindh by Muhammad b. Qasim in the second century A.H.
The Jews asked Allah's Messenger (sallallahu alaihe wa-sallam) about the soul and in reply the Qur'aan said: "They ask you concerning the soul. Say that the soul is from Allah and you have not been given knowledge of it except a little." [Soorah al-Isra (17): 85]

The Soul is a creation of Allah, whose function is to bring life to the human body. It remains with the human body throughout the life and departs at death. After which the souls are either held in Paradise or punishment.

Islam teaches that Allah is responsible to see that every being gets its due right and injustice does not go unpunished

When the soul leaves the body, where does it go? It returns to where it always was.

Again that was a Sufi thought.

See what we learn from the Qur'an and Sunnah.

1. To sum up the evidence, it is clear that the souls of all people, believers and unbelievers, are taken up to the heavens at the time of death by angels and presented to Allah Almighty.

2. The record of the believer?s deeds is placed in a high place in heaven called Illiyyin and the sinner?s record is thrown into the lowest earth known as Sijjin.
  • "Nay! Truly the record of the evil-doers is preserved in Sijjin.
  • And what will explain to you what Sijjin is?
  • A register inscribed.
  • Nay! Truly the record of the pious is preserved in Illiyyin.
  • And what will make you know what Illiyyin is?
  • A Register inscribed.
  • To which bear witness those nearest to Allah (i.e. the angels).? (Soorah Al-Mutaffifin v 7-9, 18-21)
3. The souls are returned to their bodies temporarily for questioning by the angels.

4. When the soul returns, the dead person is able to hear the retreating footsteps of the men who came to bury him. This is an exception to the general rule in the Qur'aan that the dead cannot hear the living.

Verily, you cannot make the dead to hear, nor can you make the deaf hear the call when they flee, turning their backs.(Surah An Naml v 80)

Nor are alike the living and the dead. Verily, Allah makes whom He will hear, but you cannot make those in the graves hear. (Surah Fatir v. 22)
5. The blessed soul is taken to the heavens where it is changed into a bird and eats freely from the fruits in paradise. It rests in a state of peaceful sleep while the cool breezes of paradise flow gently over it. In contrast is the sinner's soul, which is thrown with contempt into the lowest earth to feel the savage heat and stench of hell. Both kinds of soul reside in the same places as their Records of deeds.

6. The torture of the grave is for the soul, but if Allah Wills, it can also be felt by the body. The human body has to decay and decompose into the ground, but as the punishment of the grave is for the soul, it can continue until the Last Day.

Date Posted: 20 April 2009 at 11:12am

.........If you cannot understand from where your Ruh comes from, to whom it belongs to, and what is its function in your body, it is such a sad thing. It is as if you are living like a zombie. ...............

Allah made the Souls of the people and has preserved them to be introduced into the fetuses at the appropriate time.

After the fetus has completed 120 days in the mother's womb, the angels introduce its soul  into the foetus and it is then not permissible to abort it, no matter what the deformity, unless continuation of the pregnancy would put the mother�s life in danger.

We have already discussed about the deviant belief of the Sufis and I have explained to you what the Qur'an and Sunnah teach us about Soul. Please visit pages #1 to #11 of the following link:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13571&PN=1 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13571&PN=1

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13571&PN=11 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13571&PN=11

Date Posted: 21 April 2009 at 6:26am

The Qur'aan and Sunnah give us only a limited knowledge concerning the soul.

Yes, and who has this limited knowledge? It is the special people who had won the jihadatunnafs. The jihad of the Nafs. It is not us nor any layman who had litle knowledge of Allah. People like the Nabiyullah and waliyullah. My teacher had said, the position of a True Murshid (Shaikh) and The Prophets is like the middle and the forefinger. So Very close.

The description of Ruh/Nafs that you stated is true and correct. However what is the real function of this Naf/Ruh that Allah had lent to us?

The soul ................ It is more like sunlight reflected on a window at sunset, or an image reflected in a mirror. But if the mirror is dirty, nothing will show in it.

That is another Sufi fabrication.

Be careful Abosait. The article that I posted is not a fabrication of the writer's mind. But written by none other than one of our beloved scholars of Islam Imam-alGhazali. I even highligted it in blue bold.

In your desperation to win this debate, you would resort to anything to prove you are right. Even to the extent of belittling our Islamic scholars? We are not here to win or lose a debate Abosait  but to exchange or explore the ilm of Allah. Remember Allah says in the Quran - 18 - 109. Say (O Muhammad to mankind). "If the sea were ink for (writing) the Words of my Lord, surely, the sea would be exhausted before the Words of my Lord would be finished, even if we brought (another sea) like it for its aid."

Possibly you need to clean the 'dirty mirror' that is in you so that you heart will be softened and cleaned. My previous ustadz said - The zikr to soften the heart is reciting - Ya Latheef many times.

As I told you earlier Sufism (tasawwuf) is a blend of various thoughts and philosophies. By intermingling a few traces of Islamic teachings with it, the Sufi thinkers attempted to sanctify their doctrines and demonstrate its conformity to Islam

If you are honest Abosait, why not you link the website so that we could verify the authenticity of the writer. You seems to prefer to believe an anti-Sufi websites than our own Great Islamic Scholar like Imam Ghazali or Abdul Qadir Jailani?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 April 2009 at 9:08am

........My teacher had said, the position of a True Murshid (Shaikh) and The Prophets is like the middle and the forefinger. So Very close....

The Shaikh is given a high rank in Sufism, perhaps higher than that of the pope in Catholicism.

why not you link the website so that we could verify the authenticity of the writer.

Stop worrying about the author.

You are not answerable for other's deeds.

So worry about your own Aakhirah.

I agree that no human is infallible except Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alahi wasallam, but Other great personalities will have so much of good deeds to their account that a few slips here and there will not add much loss to the weight of their a'amaal.

Stop slandering/weighing the A'amaal of the elders and worry about your own aakhirah because none will bear the burden of another.

Al-Bukhari recorded that `Abdullah bin Mas`ud said: The Prophet entered Makkah (at the Con- quest), and around the House (the Ka`bah) were three hundred and sixty idols. He started to strike them with a stick in his hand, saying,

[جَآءَ الْحَقُّ وَزَهَقَ الْبَـطِلُ إِنَّ الْبَـطِلَ كَانَ زَهُوقًا]

(Truth has come and falsehood has vanished. Surely falsehood is ever bound to vanish.) [17:81]

[جَآءَ الْحَقُّ وَمَا يُبْدِىءُ الْبَـطِلُ وَمَا يُعِيدُ]

(Truth has come, and falsehood can neither create anything nor resurrect (anything).) [34:49]

Date Posted: 21 April 2009 at 10:24pm

The Shaikh is given a high rank in Sufism, perhaps higher than that of the pope in Catholicism.

Of course!  Definitely! Even you and I have a better position than the Pope because you know why? Because we believe in Allah Subhanahuwataala and we believe that Muhammad is the last Messenger.

By the way, what makes you think that the Pope has got a higher position than us Abosait?

Stop worrying about the author. - At least I am not afraid to quote my sources. Why do you? Unless you have something to hide?

You are not answerable for other's deeds. So worry about your own Aakhirah.  -

Tasawwuf teaches us a high level of Love towards The Creator and all of Creation. The dua' from our True Murshid will have an effect on us in the hereafter. So are our dua' if it is Ikhlas.

I agree that no human is infallible except Rasoolullah Sallallahu Alahi wasallam, but Other great personalities will have so much of good deeds to their account that a few slips here and there will not add much loss to the weight of their a'amaal.

You are saying that our great Scholars like Imam Ghazali who wrote the Great Ihya Ulumuddin, Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jailani - the leader of all Sufis made a slip by following Sufism?

Stop slandering/weighing the A'amaal of the elders and worry about your own aakhirah because none will bear the burden of another.

I am not worrying about the 'amal of the elders, I am following the 'amal of the Learned Elders in this case the Great Sufis for the benefit of my own akhirah. Because if you know yourself you know Allah.

There is an analogy of the Sufis - If a King wants to give anything that he owns to you, what will you choose? Some people would want the palace, some would want the money, some would want the land, but a smart person would choose The King.

That is what Tasawwuf is all about. Desiring/yearning for none other than Allah Subhanahuwataala.

Salam

-------------

Date Posted: 22 April 2009 at 5:41am

That is what Tasawwuf is all about. Desiring/yearning for none other than Allah Subhanahuwataala.

But Islam teaches us to seek the countenance of Allah.

Al-Baqara [2:272] http://mediaserver.hadi.org:8080/ramgen/ra101/raw/ra101_2.rm?start=04:02:14.0&End=04:03:23.4&mode=compact">          
لَّيْسَ عَلَيْكَ هُدَاهُمْ وَلَـكِنَّ اللّهَ يَهْدِي مَن يَشَاء وَمَا تُنفِقُواْ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَلأنفُسِكُمْ وَمَا تُنفِقُونَ إِلاَّ ابْتِغَاء وَجْهِ اللّهِ وَمَا تُنفِقُواْ مِنْ خَيْرٍ يُوَفَّ إِلَيْكُمْ وَأَنتُمْ لاَ تُظْلَمُونَ http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/arabicscript/Ayat/2/2_272.gif -

Laysa AAalayka hudahum walakinna Allaha yahdee man yashao wama tunfiqoo min khayrin falianfusikum wama tunfiqoona illa ibtighaa wajhi Allahi wama tunfiqoo min khayrin yuwaffa ilaykum waantum la tuthlamoona

2:272 It is not required of thee (O Messenger., to set them on the right path, but Allah sets on the right path whom He pleaseth. Whatever of good ye give benefits your own souls, and ye shall only do so seeking the "Face" of Allah. Whatever good ye give, shall be rendered back to you, and ye shall not Be dealt with unjustly.

Ar-Rum [30:38] http://mediaserver.hadi.org:8080/ramgen/ra101/raw/ra101_30.rm?start=00:22:03.9&End=00:22:49.1&mode=compact">          
فَآتِ ذَا الْقُرْبَى حَقَّهُ وَالْمِسْكِينَ وَابْنَ السَّبِيلِ ذَلِكَ خَيْرٌ لِّلَّذِينَ يُرِيدُونَ وَجْهَ اللَّهِ وَأُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/arabicscript/Ayat/30/30_38.gif -

Faati tha alqurba haqqahu waalmiskeena waibna alssabeeli thalika khayrun lillatheena yureedoona wajha Allahi waolaika humu almuflihoona

30:38 So give what is due to kindred, the needy, and the wayfarer. That is best for those who seek the Countenance, of Allah, and it is they who will prosper.

Ar-Rum [30:39] http://mediaserver.hadi.org:8080/ramgen/ra101/raw/ra101_30.rm?start=00:22:49.2&End=00:23:46.8&mode=compact">          
وَمَا آتَيْتُم مِّن رِّبًا لِّيَرْبُوَ فِي أَمْوَالِ النَّاسِ فَلَا يَرْبُو عِندَ اللَّهِ وَمَا آتَيْتُم مِّن زَكَاةٍ تُرِيدُونَ وَجْهَ اللَّهِ فَأُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الْمُضْعِفُونَ http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/arabicscript/Ayat/30/30_39.gif -

Wama ataytum min riban liyarbuwa fee amwali alnnasi fala yarboo AAinda Allahi wama ataytum min zakatin tureedoona wajha Allahi faolaika humu almudAAifoona

30:39 That which ye lay out for increase through the property of (other) people, will have no increase with Allah. but that which ye lay out for charity, seeking the Countenance of Allah, (will increase): it is these who will get a recompense multiplied.

Date Posted: 22 April 2009 at 8:42pm

If somebody perform Sallah in a wrong way does it mean that there is something wrong with Sallah; People need to differentiate Truth and invalidities; I know this is time taking but I believe true people knows what is truth and Allah is helping them in this regard.

Method Tasauwwaf and members never claims that it is all deen is; infact it�s just a branch of deen and it works under the ruling of Sharriah; and it is because Islam promotes Tazkiyah the cleaning or purification, which can be attain many ways and one way is Tariaqat. And it�s not mandatory; If it is possible for any individual to reform himself, he should do so, However, it is generally noticed that individuals experience difficulties in reforming themselves and seek assistance of a spiritual guide who is pious and adhere to Shari'ah in reforming themselves.

Its all about student teacher relationship; Knowledge and guidance from Teacher/Imam/Shaikh transferred one to another. How can some one forget great work sufi�s/saint in indo-pak region and as well as around the world. In next posts I will try to put light on some of very old sufi�s and their well renown teachers and their work.

-------------
Never Give up

Date Posted: 22 April 2009 at 8:54pm

قالَ : فأخْبِرنِي عنِ الإحْسَانِ ، قال : (( أنْ تَعبُدَ اللهَ كأنَّكَ تَراهُ ، فإنْ لَمْ تَكُنْ تَراهُ فإنَّهُ يراكَ )) . 

Jibrīl (AS) asked Rasūlullah صلى الله عليه و سلم regarding Ihsān to which Rasūlullah صلى الله عليه و سلم replied, �It is that you worship Allah as if you are seeing Him and if you are unable to see Him, then (know well) that He is seeing you.

From this Hadīth we come to know that there is an extremely high spiritual position known as Ihsān. The question that arises is that how does a person reach such a status. The next question that arises is to whom should one go in order to learn how to attain it.

If a person goes to a Muhaddith, his field and preoccupation is to merely to tell the questioner whether the Hadīth is Sahīh, Hasan, Dha�īf, how many chains of narration exist for the Hadīth, and which narrators transmitted the Hadīth etc. In regards to the meaning of the Hadīth, at best, they could offer only a literal translation. If a person goes to a Faqīh, he would only explain the various rulings that could be extracted from the Hadīth as it pertains to the external injunctions of the Sharī�ah.

The Faqīh too could not advise the questioner how to attain such a status nor the reality of such a position because such a question does not pertain to his field of expertise. If a person wants to learn the reality of this spiritual position and experience it, he will have to go to a person who has himself reached it. He will have to go to such a person who has dedicated his life in perfecting his internal attributes and character. Only that person who has already reached the destination can direct the lost seeker to it. To acquire this state, some of the Shuyūkh advise the Murīd to sit in solitude and absolute silence with full concentration and in a state of wudhū, whilst closing his eyes, constantly repeating and deeply pondering over the verse,

] أَلَمْ يَعْلَمْ بِأَنَّ اللَّهَ يَرَى [

�Does he not know that Allah is watching�

After continual practice, the Mūrīd will ultimately establish the understanding and perception that Allah is watching him at all times, whether he is walking, talking, eating, praying etc. Only after exercising great patience and perseverance in acting upon the prescription of his Shaykh and continuously informing the Shaykh of his conditions and states will he understand and experience the quality of Ihsān.

Other peculiar forms of spiritual exercises include making loud dhikr with bodily motion whether standing, as in the case of hadrah as performed by the Shadhilīs, or sitting, as performed by the Chishtīs. Other exercises include certain breathing exercises like pās anfās as performed by the Chishtīs and various forms of murāqabah (meditation) as done by the Naqshbandīs etc.

The inherent permissibility or impermissibility of some of these exercises will rest upon the differences of the various Madhāhib since some of these practices cross the boundary of a mere internal metaphysical sphere to the externally physical; thus, falling under the jurisdiction of the Fuqahā�. To present a brief example, the practice of hadrah, a type of spiritual bodily movement similar to swaying that some refer to dancing coupled with loud dhikr, is permissible for the followers of the Shāfi�ī Madhhab since according to their �Ulamā and Madhhab dancing is permissible with certain conditions.

والرقص بلا تكسر مباح لخبر الصحيحين إنه صلى الله عليه وسلم وقف لعائشة يسترها حتى تنظر إلى الحبشة وهم يلعبون ويزفنون والزفن الرقص لأنه مجرد حركات على استقامة أو اعوجاج وعلى الإباحة التي صرح بها المصنف الفوراني والغزالي في وسيطه وهي مقتضى كلام غيرهما وقال القفال بالكراهة وعبارة الأصل محتملة لها حيث قال و الرَّقْصُ ليس بِحَرَامٍ وَبِالتَّكَسُّرِ حَرَامٌ وَلَوْ من النِّسَاءِ لِأَنَّهُ يُشْبِهُ أَفْعَالَ الْمُخَنَّثِينَ (أسنى المطالب في شرح روض الطالب ج 4 ص 346  العلمية)

Consequently, it will be permissible for the Shuyūkh and Mūrīds who follow the Shāfi�ī Madhhab to participate in the hadrah. On the contrary, it will not be permissible for the Shuyūkh and Murīds of the Hanafī Madhhab to participate in the dancing or swaying of the hadrah since no form of dancing is permitted in the Madhhab unless one is overtaken by an uncontrollable state of ecstasy. It is for this reason that the majority of Shuyūkh of the Ahnāf prescribe a different form of dhikr that produces the same result and effect as produced by the hadra. In the Chishti Tarīqah, the Shuyūkh prescribe loud dhikr of the Kalīmah, La Ilāha illa Allah where the Murīd sits and focuses his concentration on his heart with his head turned towards the direction of his heart. Then, with full devotion, absorption and zeal he recites La ilaaha (there is no deity) while moving his head towards the back and left intending thereby the negation and purging of everything other than Allah from the heart. Thereafter, with full vigor and force, he recites illa Allah (except Allah) while meditating that the love of Allah is flooding his heart. The similar effect of the hadra, namely, that of purification of the heart and spiritual vigor is thus produced which are some of the main ingredients for reviving the diseased heart.

( وأما تحريك الرأس فقط يمنة ويسرة تحقيقا لمعنى النفي والإثبات في لا إله إلا الله فالظن الغالب جوازه بل استحبابه إذا كان مع النية الخالصة الصالحة فيخرج عن حد العبث واللعب ) ؛ لأن العبث ما لا فائدة فيه والتحقيق المذكور من أعظم الفوائد ( فيكون ) ذلك التحريك ( فعلا دالا ) دلالة عقلية ( على التوحيد مقارنا للقول ) وهو قول لا إله إلا الله ( الدال عليه ) دلالة وضعية فيجمع بين التوحيد الفعلي والقولي ( فتكون ) الكلمة الطيبة ( كلمة ككلمتين ) فالقول بلا حركة مرتين كالقول بالحركة مرة واحدة ( وأصله ) المقيس عليه ( رفع المسبحة في التشهد في الصلاة عند أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله ، وقد روي عن النبي صلى الله تعالى عليه وسلم في ) الأحاديث ( الصحاح مع أن الصلاة موضع سكون ووقار حتى كره فيها الالتفات ) يمنة ويسرة . (بريقة محمودية في شرح طريقة محمدية وشريعة نبوية ج 4 ص 139 مصطفى البابي الحلبي)

It is important to bear in mind that unfortunately, there has always existed groups of self-centered, worldly motivated pseudo-Sufis who misrepresented Tasawwuf and used some of the practices of the Sufis, not to mention concocted some of their own, to suit their nafsānī (selfish) desires. Some of them feign being Sufis in order to gain fame and popularity, others to engage in singing and dancing and others to earn money etc. It is from such people that deviances began to crop up in this pristine and praiseworthy science. Examples of their innovations include the Qawāli where singing and music are rampant under the guise of Dhikr, grave-worship where people commit shirk by prostrating to the inmates of the grave,  Salāmī where people stand up to offer salutations upon Rasūlullah صلى الله عليه و سلم with the belief that Rasūlullah صلى الله عليه و سلم visits the gathering and other similar practices that have no real connection with Tasawwuf.

Because of the existence of such perfidious people and their impermissible practices, it has become a daunting task for sincere people such as you to find a true Shaykh and Tarīqah. Every Tarīqah has these imposters in their midst preying upon the ignorant masses; therefore, one must be cautious as to who one takes as a Murshid (guide). You should ensure that before taking formal bay�ah to any Shaykh or entering into any Tarīqah, that the Shaykh is a complete adherent of the Sharī�ah and upholds its dictates. Anyone who intentionally and openly breaks a single commandment of the Sharī�ah is not worthy to be a Shaykh.

A qualified Shaykh is he whose outward and inward appearance and actions conform to the Sunnah of Rasūlullah صلى الله عليه و سلم. A pious and righteous Shaykh is he in whose company a person feels the urge to act upon the dictates of the Sharī�ah not disregard them. We advise you to continuously make du�ā to Allah Ta�ālā to guide you to a pious and upright Shaykh who will guide you in the field of Tasawwuf. You should make Mashwarah with pious local �Ulamā if any for their views on finding a genuine Shaykh. It is also important to understand that aside from the Shaykh being firm upon the Sharī�ah, it is imperative that one have some congeniality with the Shaykh so that one can gain spiritual benefit from him. Without the existence of this congeniality and amiability, it will be difficult to consult with one�s Shaykh and follow his advices. Once you have found such a Shaykh who is strict in adherence to the Sharī�ah and the Sunnah and you have an amicable relationship with him, you should place all your trust in him and follow all of his instructions without any doubt. Inshallah, in this manner you will ascend the stages of Tasawwuf with relative ease and obtain your objective.

And Allah knows best

Wassalam u Alaikum

Ml. Yusuf bin Yaqub,
Student Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved by:

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In'aamiyyah

-------------
Never Give up

Date Posted: 22 April 2009 at 10:17pm

Savant,

Jazakallahu Khair for your contribution.

Subhanallah!

To find teachers of Figh or Shariah, or teachers of Hadiths, or teachers of Quran recitation, it is very easy, but to find a real Sheikh of Tasawwuf is not. I have lived for nearly 50 years, only the last 4 years I have met with a murid of a Shaikh. The Shaikh himself passed away more than 20 years ago and before he died, he willed his mureeds to teach whomever is interested in this ilm (knowledge) because time is running out - meaning the Qiyamah is so near. If we persevere, InshaAllah we will get the taste of Ihsaan. If not, there is no loss at all.

Salam.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 April 2009 at 10:19pm

But Islam teaches us to seek the countenance of Allah.

Al-Baqara [2:272] http://mediaserver.hadi.org:8080/ramgen/ra101/raw/ra101_2.rm?start=04:02:14.0&End=04:03:23.4&mode=compact">          
لَّيْسَ عَلَيْكَ هُدَاهُمْ وَلَـكِنَّ اللّهَ يَهْدِي مَن يَشَاء وَمَا تُنفِقُواْ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَلأنفُسِكُمْ وَمَا تُنفِقُونَ إِلاَّ ابْتِغَاء وَجْهِ اللّهِ وَمَا تُنفِقُواْ مِنْ خَيْرٍ يُوَفَّ إِلَيْكُمْ وَأَنتُمْ لاَ تُظْلَمُونَ http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/arabicscript/Ayat/2/2_272.gif -

Laysa AAalayka hudahum walakinna Allaha yahdee man yashao wama tunfiqoo min khayrin falianfusikum wama tunfiqoona illa ibtighaa wajhi Allahi wama tunfiqoo min khayrin yuwaffa ilaykum waantum la tuthlamoona

2:272 It is not required of thee (O Messenger., to set them on the right path, but Allah sets on the right path whom He pleaseth. Whatever of good ye give benefits your own souls, and ye shall only do so seeking the "Face" of Allah. Whatever good ye give, shall be rendered back to you, and ye shall not Be dealt with unjustly.

Ar-Rum [30:38] http://mediaserver.hadi.org:8080/ramgen/ra101/raw/ra101_30.rm?start=00:22:03.9&End=00:22:49.1&mode=compact">          
فَآتِ ذَا الْقُرْبَى حَقَّهُ وَالْمِسْكِينَ وَابْنَ السَّبِيلِ ذَلِكَ خَيْرٌ لِّلَّذِينَ يُرِيدُونَ وَجْهَ اللَّهِ وَأُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/arabicscript/Ayat/30/30_38.gif -

Faati tha alqurba haqqahu waalmiskeena waibna alssabeeli thalika khayrun lillatheena yureedoona wajha Allahi waolaika humu almuflihoona

30:38 So give what is due to kindred, the needy, and the wayfarer. That is best for those who seek the Countenance, of Allah, and it is they who will prosper.

Ar-Rum [30:39] http://mediaserver.hadi.org:8080/ramgen/ra101/raw/ra101_30.rm?start=00:22:49.2&End=00:23:46.8&mode=compact">          
وَمَا آتَيْتُم مِّن رِّبًا لِّيَرْبُوَ فِي أَمْوَالِ النَّاسِ فَلَا يَرْبُو عِندَ اللَّهِ وَمَا آتَيْتُم مِّن زَكَاةٍ تُرِيدُونَ وَجْهَ اللَّهِ فَأُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الْمُضْعِفُونَ http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/arabicscript/Ayat/30/30_39.gif -

Wama ataytum min riban liyarbuwa fee amwali alnnasi fala yarboo AAinda Allahi wama ataytum min zakatin tureedoona wajha Allahi faolaika humu almudAAifoona

30:39 That which ye lay out for increase through the property of (other) people, will have no increase with Allah. but that which ye lay out for charity, seeking the Countenance of Allah, (will increase): it is these who will get a recompense multiplied.

Abosait, your reply above does not contradict the fact that the Sufis' intention is desiring/yearning for Allah.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 April 2009 at 4:13am

قالَ : فأخْبِرنِي عنِ الإحْسَانِ ، قال : (( أنْ تَعبُدَ اللهَ كأنَّكَ تَراهُ ، فإنْ لَمْ تَكُنْ تَراهُ فإنَّهُ يراكَ )) . 

Jibrīl (AS) asked Rasūlullah صلى الله عليه و سلم regarding Ihsān to which Rasūlullah صلى الله عليه و سلم replied, �It is that you worship Allah as if you are seeing Him and if you are unable to see Him, then (know well) that He is seeing you.

Well, is there mention anywhere in the Qur'an/Hadith that any human will be able to see Allah in his/her life on this earth?

No.
  • The Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam himself never claimed seeing Allah, while narrating the events of Me�raj. If he had, it would have been the most important part worth description.
  • Secondly, none of the companions insisting on 'sighting' ascribe the claim to the Prophet. Instead, they say so based on conjectures.
  • Thirdly, the Prophet�s wives should have been the first to be privy to such information if it was true. Not only none of them narrated thus but also Aisha (May Allah's Peace and Blessings be upon her) strongly denounced and even reprimanded such claims.
  • Fourthly, the description in Qur�an, of the person, whom the Prophet (Pbuh) met in Me�raj seems too materialistic to fit the conception of Allah. Read them again; �.. Then he approached and came closer and was at a distance of two bows length or (even) closer..�
  • And lastly, the Prophet himself denied that he saw Allah in Me�raj;
�Narrated Abuzar that he asked the Prophet (Pbuh); Did you see your Lord? He replied; He is Noor. How can I see Him.� (Muslim)
Thus it is clear that one should not waste one's time assuming (or let the world believe) that one can achieve such a state. Therefore فإن لم تكن تراه فإنه يراك  is what is for us. No need to go after invented matters of Sufism beause one can never attain on this earth a stage like  أن تعبد الله كأنك تراه .

........... and it is because Islam promotes Tazkiyah the cleaning or purification, which can be attain many ways and one way is Tariaqat.......

If Islam speaks of cleaning and Purification it has also taught us the method of doing both these. Allah has not left the deen incomplete making way (Astagfirullah) for the Sufis to invent methods for it.

Abosait, your reply above does not contradict the fact that the Sufis' intention is desiring / yearning for Allah.

Well Noor, that is so only if what you mean is to see Allah in the Akhira.

But you and other Sufis in this forum have been referring to the Hadith of Jibreel which talks of seeing Allah while in a state of Salat in this earthly life, for which I have replied above.

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah.

Date Posted: 23 April 2009 at 8:41pm
Well, is there mention anywhere in the Qur'an/Hadith that any human will be able to see Allah in his/her life on this earth?
 No.

May Allah bless those who are without understanding the real sunnah and hadith they started saying words on hadith; i wish if they can explain Ihsan but infact they ca'nt. i'am worried about their standing in Islam. Their are known fatwas and well explanations from all madhab about sufism. how can someone forget below names and thier working around the world; its a long list i am in hurry justing putting few without any order.

There is no order in below list of elders Rahimullah, else time i will refine order and list along their period and their books and work

From History

-------

Imām Ja�far al-Sādiq, Rahimullah

Harat Uwais al-Qarni Rahimullah

Hasan Basri Rahimullah

Bibi Rabia Basri Rahimullah

Shaikh Ma'ruf Karkhi Rahimullah

Hazrat Junayd al-Baghdadi Rahimullah

Shaikh Sari Saqati Rahimullah

Abu al-Hasan Farshi R.A

Abu Bakr Shibli R.A

Bayazid Bastami Rahimullah

Ibrahim Bin Adham R.A

Ilw Mumshad Dinwari R.A

Mansur al-Hallaj R.A

Abu 'l-Hasan Kharaqani R.A

al-Ghazali R.A

Qutbuddin Bakhtiar Kaki, R.A

Jalal al-Din Rumi, R.A

Order Founders

------

Shaikh Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jilani - Founder of Qadiriyyah Order

Sufi Diya al-din Abu 'n-Najib as-Suhrawardi - Founder of Suhrawardi Order

Baha-ud-Din Naqshband Bukhari � Founder of Naqshbandi Order

Abu Ishaq Shami - Founder of Chisti Order

Indo-Pak

-----------

Mujadid Alaff Sani Rahimullah

Hazrat Muhammad Qasim Nanautawi - Founder of Deobānd Order

Nizaam-ud-Din Olia - India

Moinuddin Chishti - Most Beloved Shaikh, Ajmir India

Fariduddin Ganjshakar - Pakpattan Sharif, Pakistan

Maulana Rashid Ahmad Gangohi - prominent scholars of Deobānd

Mulana Ashraaf Ali Thaanvi

Husain Ahmad Madani,

Ahmad Ali Lahori

Maulana Muhammad Ilyas Kandhelvi - Founder of Tabligh Jammat

Muhammad Zakariya al-Kandahlawi - Writer of famous book "Fazail-Amaaal"

Shaikh Ruknuddin

Hazrat Ashraf Jahangir Semnani, Kicchocha Sharif, Uttar Pradesh.

Shaykh ul-Mashaikh Kalimullah Jehanabadi

Mulana Fazal-ur-Rehman Driabani

Khwaja Bande Nawaz

Sayyid Ali Hujweri Rahimullah

Maulana Fazl-e-Haq Khairabadi

Jamal-ud-Din Syed "Shah Yousaf Gardez"

Hazrat Bahauddin Zakria

Bibi Pak Daman

Shah Rukn-e-Alam

Syed Shams-ud-din "Shah Shams Sabzwari"

Sachaal Sarmast

Shah Hussain

Hazrat Khawaja Awais

-------------
Never Give up

Date Posted: 23 April 2009 at 10:10pm

WAalaikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

Just one question this time, Do you deny that Imam Al-Ghazali and Abdul Qadir Jailani was a Sufi?

-------------

Date Posted: 24 April 2009 at 8:24am

And lastly, the Prophet himself denied that he saw Allah in Me�raj;

�Narrated Abuzar that he asked the Prophet (Pbuh); Did you see your Lord? He replied; He is Noor. How can I see Him.� (Muslim)

Again Abosait, you are reading this without the spiritual understanding. Meaning you do not read the Bathin side of this words. Take for example under the hot sun, can you see the sun directly? Of course cannot. But can you feel the heat? Yes. No doubt of that. When Sufi says �see� it does not mean that they see with the physical eye, but �seeing� spiritually.

This statement of Rasulullah did not contradict what Imam Ghazali said about Ruh -

When Allah Most High says Nafahtu, "I blow into him", it is as if His ever-existing Nur, the Divine Light, touches the receptive human intelligence, and lights the light of the human soul. Intelligence which does not understand, which does not know, does not have the capacity to receive the eternal soul. That is why our master, the Beloved of Allah (saws) says, "He who does not have intelligence does not have faith or religion."

The soul is not contained within us like water in a cup, or like knowledge which enters our memory or mind. It is more like sunlight reflected on a window at sunset, or an image reflected in a mirror. But if the mirror is dirty, nothing will show in it.

You mentioned about the Mi�raj of Rasulullah. How can we explain to some ignorant Muslims or non-Muslims how this happened. Before I understand about Sufism, I could not crack my head as to how this could happened. I just left it to the Greatness of God that He brought up our Prophet to Him. Or the story of how Isa Alaihissalam was also taken up by Allah Subhanahuwataala and his place was replaced by the traitor desciple.

Alhamdulillah, after understanding about Sufism, then I know how these occurred. None other because of the purity of their Souls/Ruh who had reached the 7th level Nafs As-Saffiyah. The greatness of the True Sufis is that the Pure Ruh that had been cleaned up from all the spiritual blemishes is the commanding factor. It had the capability of seeping thru the physical body and enveloping it and hiding it from being seen by the physical eye. In other words they could appear and disappear anytime they wish.

Nafs al Safiyyah

In the middle of everything, having found the center, the soul finds its proper place. It is a point, without length or width, not covering any area or space. Thus it is pure. There is no wish, no claim. It is the beginning and the end. As it is with the dot under the Ba and the dot over the Nun, all knowledge is contained within it. When the being that possesses this pure soul moves, his movement is beneficent power; when he talks it is wisdom and music to the ears; when he appears it is beauty and joy to the beholder. His whole being is worship; every cell in his body is in continuous praise of his Lord. He is humble. Although he is sinless, he sheds tears of repentance. His joy is to see man reach for his Lord; his pain is to see him go astray. He loves the ones who serve Allah more than anything. He is angered at the ones who revolt. All he wants for mankind is what Allah wants, and he fears for the fate of the faithless. He is just, more than just! He is the one who will intercede for the sinners.

http://www.crescentlife.com/spirituality/seven_levels.htm - http://www.crescentlife.com/spirituality/seven_levels.htm

-------------

Date Posted: 24 April 2009 at 10:22pm

When Sufi says �see� it does not mean that they see with the physical eye, but �seeing� spiritually.

But when a Muslim says see he means he sees witht his two eyes given by Allah Subhanahu wa ta'alaa for seeing with.

Date Posted: 24 April 2009 at 10:54pm

When Sufi says �see� it does not mean that they see with the physical eye, but �seeing� spiritually.

[quote=]

But when a Muslim says see he means he sees witht his two eyes given by Allah Subhanahu wa ta'alaa for seeing with.

What is the use of a pair of eyes if there is no Ruh in the body?

Try closing your eyes, can you see your house? Can you see your old class? Can you see your beloved someone?

Now perhaps you can tell me who is it that could see very clearly all these images even though you are closing your eyes.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 April 2009 at 10:01pm

Normally they are left to remain in the body which is washed shrouded and burried in the grave.

They could however be transplanted into any other living person if you donate them before your death.

Try closing your eyes, can you see your house? Can you see your old class? Can you see your beloved someone?

Of course I cannot see anything with my eyes closed. I can recall if necessary, certain things related to my experiences, from what is stored in my memory.

Now perhaps you can tell me who is it that could see very clearly all these images even though you are closing your eyes.

People suffering from Visual Hallucinations 
speek of suich experiences. Please see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_memory - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_memory
Semantic memory refers to the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory - memory of meanings, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Understanding - understandings , and other concept-based http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knowledge - knowledge unrelated to specific experiences. The conscious recollection of factual information and general knowledge about the world, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_memory#cite_note-urlTHE_BRAIN_FROM_TOP_TO_BOTTOM-0 - [1] generally thought to be independent of context and personal relevance.........
http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/vob/alzheimers/information/hallucinations.htm - http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/vob/alzheimers/information/hallucinations.htm

Date Posted: 25 April 2009 at 10:22pm

Normally they are left to remain in the body which is washed shrouded and burried in the grave.

My question is, can we see anything without our Ruh? Can our eyes function without our Ruh? If you force open a dead man's eyes, can he see you?

Who is
that "can recall if necessary, certain things related to my experiences, from what is stored in my memory.?"

If your answer is "Me!" then can you show us where is "Me"?

-------------

Date Posted: 26 April 2009 at 10:46am

If your answer is "Me!" then can you show us where is "Me"?

Look into a mirror.

Date Posted: 26 April 2009 at 7:33pm

i wish people look into truth, they should stop telling self explanation; i even dont see any refference of good mufti/Alim by these. just self perception.

-------------
Never Give up

Date Posted: 29 April 2009 at 6:41pm

i wish people look into truth, they should stop telling self explanation;

Word of Allah is the Truth. Sunnah of the Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam is the Truth.

............i even dont see any refference of good mufti/Alim by these. just self perception.

good mufti/Alim ? Do you mean someone with a Madrassa degree obtainable by passing an exam with minimum prescribed marks? Please explain.

When the True message is quoted from the Qur'an and Sunnah (giving reference to the Verse no./Hadith no.) there is nothing more Superior. 

The Messenger of Allah said,

�الْكِبْرُ بَطَرُ الْحَقِّ وَغَمْصُ النَّاس�

(Arrogance is refusing the truth and belittling people.)

Date Posted: 29 April 2009 at 7:52pm

By just reading translations of hadith and quran and then quoting it for his fatwas; we need to fear from this.

Any doctor can read mechnical engineering book and can become engineer Ermm, i dont think so.

The only thing that is going to happen by that doctor is that "Sawal Channa Jawab Gandam" and same thing is happened here on this thread.

-------------
Never Give up

Date Posted: 01 May 2009 at 4:25am

By just reading translations of hadith and quran and then quoting it for his fatwas; we need to fear from this.
I have quoted both Arabic text and the translation for you.

�الْكِبْرُ بَطَرُ الْحَقِّ وَغَمْصُ النَّاس�

(Arrogance is refusing the truth and belittling people.)

Any doctor can read mechnical engineering book and can become engineer Ermm, i dont think so.
Whether Doctor or Lawyer, he should read the Instruction Manual - understand the do's and don'ts - follow the prescribed safety precautions before operating his Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic gadget.

Otherwise, - you know the consequences.

Well, if he thinks that the manufacturer has given him the manual to be preserved in an elevated place from where no one can take and read, I leave him to his fate.

The same is the case with this complicated structure of the human being. Qur'an and Hadith is the manual for using this complicated structure for best results.

Date Posted: 04 May 2010 at 11:00am

WAalaikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

Just one question this time, Do you deny that Imam Al-Ghazali and Abdul Qadir Jailani was a Sufi?

When did I deny?

Imam Al-Ghazali contributed significantly to the development of a systematic view of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufism - Sufism   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Ghazali - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Ghazali  

Abdul Qadir Jilani abandoned the city of Baghdad, after completion of education, and spent twenty-five years as a wanderer in the desert regions of Iraq as a recluse. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul-Qadir_Gilani - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul-Qadir_Gilani

Do such wanderings have any relation with the basic teachings of Islam? Does the Qur'an or Hadith approve of such ascetic life?

Posted By: Nausheen
Date Posted: 04 May 2010 at 6:50pm
Bismillah
Assalamualiakum wa rahamtullah wa barkatuhu,
Dear Nur-ilahi,
You started this thread in a particular mood, but ihnvariably it has gone to a certain derailment, which is the fate of such topics on a public discussion forum.
The 'desire' to change someone from being an anti-sufi into a man of purification of heart is alsoa  'desire' of the nafs ... which one must controle and tame.
Please excuse me, I did not go past reading two pages on this string ... but have seen some quotes from Futuh al-Ghaib. Since you seem to read and follow literature of this level, if you have access, please try to read Fath ar-Rabbani by the same author. The discourses in this collection are on deeper level. They mostly point on ones focus on his/her own purification, and not bothering about others who have not yet understood the meaning of self purification.

Discussions on the validity of tassawuf don't help anybody ... at least not in my experience. 
Your most important responsibility is towards your own soul, your own preparation for the day when no soul will be able to benefit other.

Im yet to see discussions on tassawwuf that benefits beginners amoung people of Ihsan.  If you can have one and keep it on that high road it will definitely be purposeful.

nausheen

-------------
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 05 May 2010 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

.......... Since you seem to read and follow literature of this level, if you have access, please try to read Fath ar-Rabbani by the same author. .... 
..nausheen

If you understand your responsibility towards your own soul, your own preparation for "the day when no soul will be able to benefit other" is in the Qur'an and the Sunnah and not in Sufi lterature.

Posted By: SteppeNomad
Date Posted: 10 May 2010 at 4:12pm
The self scholar above has spoken, of course, if you have a Bukhari and Muslim hadith book at home, you are an Aliim, who needs to study Islam for Years on end when we got Abosait around?

-------------
Ya Allah, Bismillah, AllahuAkbar.

Posted By: Nausheen
Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:27pm
Do these alims use a translated Quran?

Just wondering, because a translation is never the same as the original arabic text ...  do their preaching twist and tweek thereWink

-------------
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 25 May 2010 at 10:08pm

Bismillah
Assalamualiakum wa rahamtullah wa barkatuhu,
Dear Nur-ilahi,
You started this thread in a particular mood, but ihnvariably it has gone to a certain derailment, which is the fate of such topics on a public discussion forum.
The 'desire' to change someone from being an anti-sufi into a man of purification of heart is alsoa  'desire' of the nafs ... which one must controle and tame.
Please excuse me, I did not go past reading two pages on this string ... but have seen some quotes from Futuh al-Ghaib. Since you seem to read and follow literature of this level, if you have access, please try to read Fath ar-Rabbani by the same author. The discourses in this collection are on deeper level. They mostly point on ones focus on his/her own purification, and not bothering about others who have not yet understood the meaning of self purification.

Discussions on the validity of tassawuf don't help anybody ... at least not in my experience. 
Your most important responsibility is towards your own soul, your own preparation for the day when no soul will be able to benefit other.

Im yet to see discussions on tassawwuf that benefits beginners amoung people of Ihsan.  If you can have one and keep it on that high road it will definitely be purposeful.

nausheen

Dear Nausheen,

I did not read your post until today when Abosait gave the link to this page.

Before I replied, I had already been thinking, am I doing the right thing? Am I trying to assist another brother in acknowledging the existence and beauty of Ihsan where one can find the secrets of our existence? 

Or Am I following my Nafs in proving myself right?

I think I follow your advice.

But it is such a pity, Allah had given ways and means to His servants to find the secrets in the creation of our existence, yet, some of His servants refuse to acknowledge.

Lahaulawala Quwwatailla billahil aliyil adzeem.

Salam alaikum.

Jazakallah

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2010 at 3:57am

.......acknowledging the existence and beauty of Ihsan where one can find the secrets of our existence? .............

But it is such a pity, Allah had given ways and means to His servants to find the secrets in the creation of our existence, yet, some of His servants refuse to acknowledge.

There is no way to learn the rulings of Allaah, which have to do with His commands and prohibitions, except through His Messengers.

Whoever says that he has taken the ruling of Allaah from his heart or from what he received in his heart through intuition, and that he acts upon that and thus has no need of the Qur�aan or Sunnah, has claimed for himself the unique qualities of Prophethood.

Astagfirullah.
For Allaah has set up the system by His wisdom in such a way that His rulings can only be known through His Messengers who are ambassadors between Him and His creation. They are the only ones who convey His Message and His words from Him, explaining His laws and rulings, and He has chosen them for that purpose. 

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

�Allaah chooses Messengers from angels and from men. Verily, Allaah is All-Hearer, All-Seer�..[al-Hajj 22:75] 

�Allaah knows best with whom to place His Message� [al-An�aam 6:124] 

�Mankind were one community and Allaah sent Prophets with glad tidings and warnings� [al-Baqarah 2:213] 

and there are other similar aayahs. 

Read more at the following URL:

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/22245/secret%20knowledge%20in%20islam - http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/22245/secret%20knowledge%20in%20islam

Date Posted: 26 May 2010 at 4:16am

Do these alims use a translated Quran?......

What is that? Allah has revealed the Qur'an only in one language  -  Arabic. He has not sent any translated Qur'an.

In order to convey the Message to those who dont know ARABIC, The MEANINGS OF THE VERSES of the QUR'AN have been translated into other languages. The Islamic Shari'ah incorporates these manings as explained to the Sahaba by the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam himself and as understood by the Salaf.

Date Posted: 28 May 2010 at 10:32am

Discussions on the validity of tassawuf don't help anybody ... at least not in my experience. ........

Al-Isra [17:81]         
وَقُلْ جَاء الْحَقُّ وَزَهَقَ الْبَاطِلُ إِنَّ الْبَاطِلَ كَانَ زَهُوقًا
17:81 And say: "Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish."

........Your most important responsibility is towards your own soul, your own preparation for the day when no soul will be able to benefit other......

That responsibility cannot be fulfilled by reading random verses (the meanings of the Verses I mean) and neglecting the remaining portion of the Qur'an or leaving it for the Mullah to understand. Nor can you find it in Sufi liteature.

At least once in your lifetime read the meanings of the Qur'an from an authentic tafsir book staring from Sura 1. to Surah 114. By authentic Tafsir book I mean a translation with explanatory note explaining the meanings of the Verses as understood by the Sahaba because they were taught Qur'an by the Prophet himself.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net