URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13591
Printed Date: 16 April 2024 at 1:45pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Buy and Use Eid Stamps
Posted By: icforumadmin
Subject: Buy and Use Eid Stamps
Date Posted: 25 November 2008 at 2:37pm
Assalamu alaikum,

To make sure that USPS reprints this beautiful stamp please use it on your mailing need.

https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10052&productId=10006182&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10000003&top_category=10000003&categoryId=10000068&top=&currentPage=0&sort=&viewAll=Y&rn=CategoriesDisplay&WT.ac=10006182 - To buy it click here

https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10052&productId=10006182&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10000003&top_category=10000003&categoryId=10000068&top=&currentPage=0&sort=&viewAll=Y&rn=CategoriesDisplay&WT.ac=10006182">Eid%20Stamp

Replies:
Posted By: Full of Hopes
Date Posted: 08 August 2009 at 11:05am

Thanks alot

-------------
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)

Posted By: Larry
Date Posted: 08 July 2010 at 1:49am
I wonder if any Islamic countries would follow the lead of the United States and issue stamps that commemorate Christmas or Hanukkah?

Posted By: fais
Date Posted: 17 July 2010 at 1:36am
FOR YOUR KIND INFORMATION U.S IS SECULAR COUNTRY NOT A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY BY LAW

Date Posted: 17 July 2010 at 1:55am
The question still stands.

Date Posted: 17 July 2010 at 6:43am
WHEN U DECLARE SECULAR THAT MEANS ALL RELEGION WILL BE TREATED SAME BUT WHEN A COUNTRY ACCEPTS A RELEGION THAT MEANS NO OTHER RELEGION WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE PROMOTED.

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 17 July 2010 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Larry Larry wrote:

I wonder if any Islamic countries would follow the lead of the United States and issue stamps that commemorate Christmas or Hanukkah?

They are not in the same category!

So don't hold your breath, it might kill you!

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 17 July 2010 at 4:35pm
   Any country that allows only one religion to be practiced sounds like a country that is very insecure in the power of it's religion.
   Here in the United States all people are free to worship whatever religion they believe in. That is the difference between America and Saudi Arabia and some other Muslim nations. We don't need to force worship to any particular deity or religion, on pain of death. We believe each person has the right to have a personal relationship with their Creator, whoever they believe that to be.
   If a Christian decides to become a Muslim, what harm does that do to Christianity? That is the personal decision of that particular person, it has nothing to do with my belief in Jesus Christ as Messiah. But, in some Muslim countries, if a Muslim converts to Christianity then he can be sentenced to death. What total and complete nonsense and reactionism!

Date Posted: 17 July 2010 at 5:50pm
"WHEN U DECLARE SECULAR THAT MEANS ALL RELEGION WILL BE TREATED THE SAME BUT WHEN A COUNTRY ACCEPTS A RELEGION THAT MEANS NO OTHER RELEGION WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE PROMOTED."

Let there be no compulsion in religion; TRUTH stands out clear from error." The Qur'an 2:256

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 17 July 2010 at 9:03pm
I don't think that IC admins intended to have this thread for a discussion on differences.

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 17 July 2010 at 11:05pm
   I don't think that anyone really gives a rat's ass what you think! I know I don't!

Date Posted: 17 July 2010 at 11:12pm

larry your usage of bad words shows which culture you belong to,i have christian friends too but we never abuse each other like this,we always have a healthy discussion.you growing old larry I think thats y you start abusing for no reason

Date Posted: 18 July 2010 at 1:20am
fais,
   I don't give a rat's ass what you think of me either.
Larry

Date Posted: 18 July 2010 at 1:38am
Larry no comments just an emoticon for u Thumbs%20Down

Date Posted: 18 July 2010 at 1:46am
fais,
   Thank God for the "no comment", your bad English was giving me a headache!
Your pal,
Larry

My emoticon for you is go yourself!

Date Posted: 18 July 2010 at 1:51am

no time to go to your emoticon links,thnx anyways

Date Posted: 18 July 2010 at 2:27am
   You're welcome.

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 18 July 2010 at 7:28am

I don't think that anyone really gives a rat's ass what you think! I know I don't!

Whatever!

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: Woodstock
Date Posted: 04 October 2010 at 11:52pm
Wow. Interesting conversation. I do however like the stamp.

-------------
Speak a little Learn alot.

Posted By: homeandbeds
Date Posted: 04 November 2010 at 12:18am
I am a collector and I was really happy that I have seen this forum :)

Posted By: spiffy22
Date Posted: 13 November 2010 at 11:14am
I also collect stamps and this stamp would be a fantastic addition to my collection. I hope these stamps become availible worldwide for the holiday season. Thanks!

Posted By: anusorn2010
Date Posted: 05 December 2010 at 6:23am
thank you guy

Posted By: marcusl
Date Posted: 16 December 2010 at 1:18pm

Can you buy these in Europe? I collect stamps and I'd love to have this one... Wink

Posted By: bethp222
Date Posted: 04 January 2011 at 7:02pm
I did not realize that this stamp existed.  Thanks for posting it.

Posted By: robevander10
Date Posted: 07 January 2011 at 7:18am
nice card i like it

Posted By: samikhanie
Date Posted: 10 January 2011 at 8:48pm
nice

Posted By: uni379
Date Posted: 04 February 2011 at 12:53am
Yes, this is nice... I would have never know this stamp existed until now... I love the art work....

Posted By: islamicresearch
Date Posted: 23 February 2011 at 1:17pm
Salaam everyone, glad to be a member, am i allowed to give a link to a forum i found?

Posted By: memyselfn
Date Posted: 13 July 2011 at 3:40pm
what differences are you talking about? please make it clear to all.

Posted By: semar
Date Posted: 11 March 2012 at 4:13am

No Christian country, celebrate Eid or make Eid as national holiday including USA. But many "Muslim country" celebrate Christmas. One of them Indonesia, They have 3 Christian holiday as national holiday (easter, Christmas, new year), they also treat Hinduism holiday, Buddhism holiday, Confucian holiday as national holidays. And in every major mall during Christmas have Christmas tree and gospel song. Even if Christian less then 10%, Budhism, Hinduism, Confucian combine less then 5%.
===
In the 2010 Indonesian census, 87.18% of Indonesians identified themselves as Muslim 6.96% Protestant, 2.91% Catholic, 1.69% Hindu, 0.72% Buddhist, 0.05% Khong Hu Chu, 0.13% other, and 0.38% unstated or not asked. (wikipedia)

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"

Date Posted: 11 March 2012 at 8:52pm
Well, seeing that the United States Postal Service issued a stamp commemorating Eid I would not say that the U.S. doesn't celebrate or commemorate Eid. There are millions of Muslims in the United States that do celebrate Eid, as Jews here celebrate Passover and Hanukkah, As Christians celebrate Christmas and Easter, etc. with Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, even Zoroastraians. There are a majority of Christians in the United States, but that doesn't make it a "Christian country." Our Constitutional protection of Freedom of Religion, for all religions, or even no religion for atheists, means that all faiths are respected here and are free to practice their religions. The same thing cannot be said for many nations in the world today. Christmas is celebrated in more countries all the time, along with other holidays such as Halloween and Valentine's Day and the influence of Western products such as Coca Cola, Pepsi, Marlboro, etc. U.S. and Western influence is strong all over the world through films, television shows, etc. It doesn't mean the West is better, just popular with many people.

Posted By: semar
Date Posted: 13 March 2012 at 12:14am
Salaam/Peace,
I think everybody agrees that "allowing to celebrate" is much less than "adopting it as national holiday".

Moreover in Bali island, the Hindus about 60%of the population there, the Indonesian government give them very special respect during Nyepi day (Silence day) that they believe it's not allowed to have fire and (artificial) light. It suppose to be not light, no running engine at all. So during the holiday the Indonesian government allow them to shutdown all airports in that island (including the international airports), shutdown all bus terminals, sea ports, traffic lights (signals), no car in the street, no light even in 5 stars hotel, etc, except minimal light in hospital and minimal police car on the street. This is  for the whole day (24 hours).

And one other things, in all regencies and provinces  in Indonesia that the majority of the population there are non muslim the head/leader of that regencies or provinces are non muslim (whatever the majority of religion there). But many regencies that majority of the population are muslims have non muslim leaders (including Christian, Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucian).

Also the senate and house of representatives in muslim majority region even if the muslim in that region are over 80% but the percentage of muslim representatives much less than that. This also apply for the government position, both local and national. But in the regions that majority are non muslim, the percentage of the representatives and government jobs at least the same or more of the percentage of the repective religion there. 

Anyway, I just want to rectify the assumption that "Muslim majority countries/government" are not tolerant, that's all.

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"

Posted By: tayek1967
Date Posted: 09 April 2012 at 3:08am
I also collected this stamp, The  stamp would be a one of more to my other collection. I hope the stamp become available worldwide for the remember season. thanks friend,

Posted By: diamond007
Date Posted: 13 June 2012 at 1:01am

Assalamualaikum is the best salam

Assalamualaikum peace be unto you

Waalaikumsalam peace be to you too

It is the best salam

Spread it everywhere

Allah gives you peace wherever you may be

It is the best salam spread it everywhere

Posted By: paul198521
Date Posted: 11 September 2012 at 12:12am
Hello dear,

i got a very nice deal from ups post office about the stamps.
Go online to the official website and click stamps, all the offer are in the website.

Thank you

Posted By: alexmaz
Date Posted: 24 September 2012 at 9:14am
thanks a lot but i don't need it

Posted By: paczkowski
Date Posted: 12 November 2012 at 2:58am
I do not know how I came on this forum, but i love stamps :) I collect them for a long time. Thank you for the link and greetings to all! :)

Posted By: circar123
Date Posted: 13 February 2013 at 2:18am
Hello,

I am a Ruby On Rails Developer from Silicon Valley. I am new to this Forum. I always like the writing and Alphabet style of Urdu and Arabic so now if this letters will come in a form of stamp then I think its great to have them. :-)

Thanks.

Posted By: herber345
Date Posted: 02 January 2014 at 10:18pm
beautiful stamp.... Smile

Posted By: x06112010x
Date Posted: 27 March 2014 at 5:37pm
I love these stamps.  I have the red ones.  Except one time the post office returned a letter saying it was a foreign stamp. :-(

Posted By: islamichina.com
Date Posted: 17 July 2014 at 8:33pm
Salam!
it has spacial characters!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net