Forum Description: Groups : Youth
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13037
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 2:22pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Temptations
Posted By: Zyad
Subject: Temptations
Date Posted: 23 August 2008 at 10:45pm

I live in Canada and straying from the righteous is very easy, I would like to know how everyone deals with these issues.

I personally drink a lot, alcohol makes me a much more sociable person, I'd like to know how everyone else resists from the temptation of what seems to enhance your character. What does everyone do when attending a party of going to a club where the availability and peer pressure are staggering.

Drugs, again, very available and inexpensive, on a day where nothing else seems to be interesting, what do you do? How do you say no to people that are around you, how would you tell the people that you've done drugs with that you don't want to do it anymore?

Women, what are the boundaries which I should follow? How should I explain my restraints to women? How do you deal with loneliness?

Thank you to anyone which could answer me, I realize I have done a lot of things wrong in my life but I feel like if someone followed this path and made it through then I could do it as well. My faith is still very weak and I am only now studying the Quran.

Replies:
Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 26 August 2008 at 4:53am

As'Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

You have the solution with yourselves, { as you said that you are studying Qur'an.}

Well, my dear brother, straying from the righteous is very easy, when we stop / less practice Islam.

With the issues you discussed above, i would deal them with my weapon of faith. All the three issues  require sincere repentance and  strong faith. Alhamdullilah, you did realise of yourselves, which itself is a great blessing. Once when we sincerely repent then  we don't even  glance over such acts. Even if those drugs are presented to you { free of cost}  you would hate touching it.. Allah swt does give us such strength . At the other side, we have an open enemy tempting us. Its his job that he beautifies such things to us, that we get attracted to it and don't take it as a sin. At such times its our faith, that stops us moving towards it. So be with strong determination. Try  your best seeking help of Allah swt to increase your faith.

Go thru seerah, lives of companions of Prophet {Pbuh}, and stories of reverts as well. Try  mould your life, with sunnahs.

Also, move with those who are righteous and away from such societies.

If you feel lonely and are aged  to get married, go for it soon. Look for a righteous girl, who shud help you in srtiving for aakhirah as well. If you are not yet settled, go for fastings, insha Allah you shall overcome such temptations.

I understand that its tough to get transformed, but you shall find it easy when you seek help from Allah swt. With kind words and soft speech, try to say "NO" to those friends, who offer your haram things. If they pay ear to you, then explain them as why is it  wrong  in Islam. Am sure, you will have to face crtics. They may even laugh at you. Take such signs of signs of success. Also remember, none of these people are helpful on the day of judgement. Neither are they of any use after our death. So try your best to adapt with the righteous.

Holy month of Ramdh'an is knocking  at the doors. Try to grab this oppurtunity. Seek forgivess from The forgiver. Fasting helps us a lot.  Have your own way with Allah swt. Keep reciting Qura'n , ponder over its meaning. Once when you feel you are strong enough to abstain from sins, then invite your friends and dear ones towards the way of Allah swt.  Finally, here's a reminder { a hadith}

"When a person repents, Allah rejoices more than one of you who found his camel after he lost it in the desert.�.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net