URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12947
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 8:41pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Your favourite personality
Posted By: Chrysalis
Subject: Your favourite personality
Date Posted: 09 August 2008 at 3:39am

Assallamualaikum. . .

I thought this would make for an interesting and fun discussion . . . Who is you favourite Muslim personality, and why? To keep the discussion more diverse, try and mention names other than our Beloved Prophet Muhammad or the popular Sahaba . . . since we all know that they are well-loved and admired. And thus that is an obvious answer . . .

Also, by mentioning other names, this will increase our knowledge about Muslim personalities, which is an added bonus. I'll wait for other answers, meanwhile I'm drawing lots amongst my personal favourites. Tongue

Looking forward to your answers!

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Replies:
Posted By: Saladin
Date Posted: 15 August 2008 at 2:07am
 Salaam Alaikum,

Umar bin Abdul Aziz and Salahudin Ayyubi are couple of my favorites. The former was a Just Ruler and very humble. The latter's an ideal Mujahid, very much unlike the jihadis of today.

-------------
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'

Date Posted: 15 August 2008 at 5:48am

Sallahuddin Ayyubi is also a huge favourite of mine! Star I wish I could get hold of his biography . . . I hear he has some memoirs as well - is that true?

I've never heard of Umar bin Abdul Aziz . . . who was he? any good links online detailing about him? pl share.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 15 August 2008 at 6:50am
 As its called, "The Book of Saladin" is the fictional memoir of Salahuddin by Tariq Ali. I dont think it will be a good read, especially when its fiction about a famous historical figure. I learnt a lot about him from history books and was surprised to see the respect he got not only from his contemporary rivals but also from modern historians. Did you know that he and Richard the Lionheart were like buddies (in a knightly way), that Richard offered his daughter in wedlock to Saladin's brother (i hope my memory is right). And its said that in Venice, Saladin was well known that kids were named after him.

Umar bin Abdul Aziz was an Ummayad caliph and a great grandson of Umar bin khattab. I think these links will give some details.

http://www.islaam.com/Article.aspx?id=399 - http://www.islaam.com/Article.aspx?id=399

http://www.renaissance.com.pk/novletfor95.html - http://www.renaissance.com.pk/novletfor95.html

I'll come back later with some of my other favorites, InshaAllah. Hoping to know your favorites.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 August 2008 at 7:52am
Richard and Salahuddin had cordial/polite relations . . .true, but they werent exactly 'buddies' :p . Thats because both were intelligent men, that realised that a truce b/w the two parties would be more fruitful than warfare. Also, because both of them respected the other as a respectable/equal adversary . . . they appreciated the other's qualities. But I think both had such a strong faith in thier ideological purpose, that they could never have been buddies :)

Though there is a lot of good about Salahuddin out there, by nonmuslim historians, some have still slandered him or shown him in a negative light. They will even go so far as to take his very obvious good-deeds, and taint them!
For example, I'm sure you've heard of the famous horse incident b/w Sallahuddin and Richard, when he offered one of his stallions to Richard, whos horse died during battle ; I was recently reading a book 'Romance and Legend of Chivalry' by A.R.Hope Moncrieff - and in it he mentions authors that depict the incident in a tainted way:

"Saladin...., fiegning a desire for fair play, sends his adversary a marvellous charger, a gift not of generous courtesy but of pagan cunning, for this horse is foal to the Sultan's own steed, of diabolical breed, trained to lie down as soon as it hears its mother's neigh, thus putting its rider at the mercy of his foe. But through the night Richard is visited by an angel, who discloses the Moslem guile, which the Christian hero can baffle by stopping that horse's ears with wax; so ofcourse Saladin was duly set to flight for all his treachery...' Confused

later in the rhyme, the author mentions that Richard took on 25 of the Saracens in battle, and defeated them, this so appalled the Saracens that they decide to go for a truce.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 August 2008 at 8:23am

Subhanallah! I just read about Umar bin Abdal Aziz . .  . the second link was very informative! His life is very humbling and admirable! deeply moving . . . I loved the short bio. He is definitely one of my favorites now too! Jazakallah for the link.

-------------

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 15 August 2008 at 10:23am

Sa�id bin Jubair

http://siraajunmuneer.wordpress.com/2008/08/14/%e2%80%9cwhat-is-it-between-me-sa%e2%80%99id-bin-jubair%e2%80%9d/ - http://siraajunmuneer.wordpress.com/2008/08/14/%e2%80%9cwhat-is-it-between-me-sa%e2%80%99id-bin-jubair%e2%80%9d/

Date Posted: 16 August 2008 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Sa�id bin Jubair

http://siraajunmuneer.wordpress.com/2008/08/14/%e2%80%9cwhat-is-it-between-me-sa%e2%80%99id-bin-jubair%e2%80%9d/ - http://siraajunmuneer.wordpress.com/2008/08/14/%e2%80%9cwhat-is-it-between-me-sa%e2%80%99id-bin-jubair%e2%80%9d/

This the first time I've ever heard about this brave Man!

I've noticed Hajjaj Bin Yusuf's name pop up now and then, that too in a negative light. I didnt know he was a cruel man! Is this the same Hajjaj, who was the uncle of Muhammad Bin Qasim, the conquerer of the subcontinent?

If so, then the history books have always portrayed him as a just ruler! wow. . . interesting . . .

-------------

Date Posted: 17 August 2008 at 5:03am
 Richard and Salahuddin had cordial/polite relations . . .true, but they werent exactly 'buddies' :p . Thats because both were intelligent men, that realised that a truce b/w the two parties would be more fruitful than warfare. Also, because both of them respected the other as a respectable/equal adversary . . . they appreciated the other's qualities. But I think both had such a strong faith in thier ideological purpose, that they could never have been buddies :)

I agree. "Like buddies" isnt the suitable description for the Saladin-Richard relationship. "Chivalrous", I guess. But I dont think it would have been so if Saladin did not have the upper hand.

Though there is a lot of good about Salahuddin out there, by nonmuslim historians, some have still slandered him or shown him in a negative light. They will even go so far as to take his very obvious good-deeds, and taint them!
For example, I'm sure you've heard of the famous horse incident b/w Sallahuddin and Richard, when he offered one of his stallions to Richard, whos horse died during battle ; I was recently reading a book 'Romance and Legend of Chivalry' by A.R.Hope Moncrieff - and in it he mentions authors that depict the incident in a tainted way:

"Saladin...., fiegning a desire for fair play, sends his adversary a marvellous charger, a gift not of generous courtesy but of pagan cunning, for this horse is foal to the Sultan's own steed, of diabolical breed, trained to lie down as soon as it hears its mother's neigh, thus putting its rider at the mercy of his foe. But through the night Richard is visited by an angel, who discloses the Moslem guile, which the Christian hero can baffle by stopping that horse's ears with wax; so ofcourse Saladin was duly set to flight for all his treachery...' Confused 

later in the rhyme, the author mentions that Richard took on 25 of the Saracens in battle, and defeated them, this so appalled the Saracens that they decide to go for a truce. Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 20 August 2008 at 9:01am
 As a kid this guy was my favorite... SINDBAD! Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 20 August 2008 at 9:29am

Tongue

Another of my favourite muslim personalities is Malcolm X . . . For such a long time, when I was a kid, I used to think he was a non-muslim activist ! Cz his name didnt sound typically muslim, imagine my surprise when I found out he was muslim, I was thrilled to find that out (the fresh prince of bel-air used to have a poster of him on his wall, in the series :p) . . . I'm so glad he reverted to orthodox Islam later in his years.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 August 2008 at 9:21am
 One of my favorites too and I came to know about him from the movie.

-------------

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 21 October 2008 at 3:00am
As'Salamu Alaikum
How cud i miss this thread ! Stern%20Smile

My favorite personality after Saluddin Ayyubi is Zainab-al-Ghazali

She needs no introduction

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 28 November 2008 at 12:01am
Tell us something about Zainab -al-Ghazali, Seeks . . . and what is it particularly that appeals to you . . .  I am a little confused as to who this personality is, so many Zainabs in Islamic History ! Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 29 November 2008 at 2:30am

Zainab al- Ghazali ! I wish every muslimah gets inspired by her. Even you sis Chrysallis. I wish you you to kindly read the english version of her book "Return of the Pharoah". You possess that energy and potential. Situations around you demand an other Zainab.

What inspired me ! Well, she was a devoted die-hard voice of the Muslim Brotherhood and the soul of the Muslim Sisters. She was a pre-eminent Islamic activist and spell binding preacher who lived a life for Islam. She was subjected to the most inhuman and cruel torture and to unspeakable extremes of opression. She was beaten up , flogged, kicked and tied up. Her approach towards trials and fortitude, her energy and zeal for Islam, inspires me.

You can read more of her here

http://www.islamicthinkers.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=273&Itemid=26 - http://www.islamicthinkers.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=273&Itemid=26

And please do read her book "Return of the Pharoah

It might be apt to repeat her prayer here, which she once made in Prison, raising her hands, she invoked Allah and said :

"O Allah ! If you are not angry with me I do not care {for my predacament}, but Your grace is more befitting to me. I seek refuge in the light of Your Face {in the light of} that which has enlightened the darkness {around} and on Whom the matters of this life and the Hereafter have settled, that Your Curse does not befall me. To You is our obedience until You are pleased and there is no might or strength except with You."

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 30 November 2008 at 8:46am
Wow ! I just read that link u provided Seeks! Before you mentioned, I did not know that this lady even existed!

Subhanallah. . . I wish to know more about her life and actions, for so far, I have just heard negative things about the Ikhwaan . . . . but again, there are always two sides to a story.

I am surely going to try and lay my hands on that book. Jazakallah for the reccomendation. . . 

its shocking how muslims could persecute another muslim. reminded me of the way I felt post-9/11 . . .

-------------

Posted By: maron
Date Posted: 05 May 2009 at 7:08pm
My favourite one is Sa�id bin Jubair

Date Posted: 06 May 2009 at 9:21am
Originally posted by maron maron wrote:

My favourite one is Sa�id bin Jubair

Welcome to the discussion! Do share some more Sis Maron. What is it about Sa'id bin Jubair that makes him your favourite personality? Smile

-------------

Posted By: savant
Date Posted: 06 May 2009 at 9:57pm
nice thread Chrysail

My favourite is Hazrat Abu Bakar Siddique (Razi allah tallah unho), his sacrifice his friendship to prophet Muhammad (salla' llaahu'alaihi wa sallam) makes him my favourite. I always wish & wait for the dream when i will see Muhammad (salla' llaahu'alaihi wa sallam) along with Hazrat Abu Bakar Siddique (Razi allah tallah unho). what a dream it will be Smile.

Umar bin Abdal Aziz (Umari Saani) very humbling personality.

-------------
Never Give up

Posted By: Hunter
Date Posted: 07 May 2009 at 12:32am
Assalamu alaikum  Malcome "X". I once read a biography about Malcome X as a teenager and was very struck by it-- I never forgot it. I know I've said my first real exposure to Islam was the planes hitting the towers and all the subsequent reading I've done after that event, but now that I think about it, it was actually that book. His vision, leadership ability, strength of character and in the end, a sufficient amount of humility to admit he had been wrong were what impressed me-- Hunter 

-------------
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"-- DrDre

Date Posted: 10 May 2009 at 11:20pm
Another one of my favorites is  http://tripatlas.com/Berke - Berke Khan .

-------------

Posted By: wisdomseeker
Date Posted: 13 January 2010 at 2:30am
Assalamu alaikum,

When I saw the title of this post I thought there must be pages and pages of posts from all the members telling who their favorite is, I wonder why this thread died down...

My favorite is Ayesha(RA)(I really like her very much), Umar Faruq(RA), Umar bin abdul aziz, and Ahmed deedat.

I know i might look silly replying to a thread this old, but once I saw it, I just could not keep myself from answering.

May Allah help us be like those whom we like, and grant us companionship with them in the Jannah, inshallah.

Date Posted: 13 January 2010 at 5:04am
Originally posted by wisdomseeker wisdomseeker wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

When I saw the title of this post I thought there must be pages and pages of posts from all the members telling who their favorite is, I wonder why this thread died down...

My favorite is Ayesha(RA)(I really like her very much), Umar Faruq(RA), Umar bin abdul aziz, and Ahmed deedat.

I know i might look silly replying to a thread this old, but once I saw it, I just could not keep myself from answering.

May Allah help us be like those whom we like, and grant us companionship with them in the Jannah, inshallah.

Wa'alaikum salaam Wisdom,

JazakAllah for bumping up this thread. (so no its not silly at all !!! , quite contrary in fact )

Hazrat Ayesha and Umar (r.a)  are my favorites too ! I enjoy reading about her so much !!! my female role model !!!

Do share more, about contemporary Muslims, because otherwise we are likely to have same answers like Hazrat Ayesha & Umar etc. Smile These are a definite favorite amongst us all.

As for Ahmed Deedat, lol I remember when I went through this I-wanna-be-a-professional Da'ee phase after coming across Ahmed Deedat ! And I was so floored when I discovered that he was a migrant from the Sub-Continent. Smile I used to think he was a South African.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 January 2010 at 7:53am
As Salamu Alaikum

Ahmed Deedat is from India, sis Smile

His story is very intresting. You know of him ?

-------------

Date Posted: 13 January 2010 at 9:40am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum

Ahmed Deedat is from India, sis Smile

His story is very intresting. You know of him ?

Wa'alaikum salaam Seeks.

Yes Sis, I know he is from India Smile. Us Pakistanis still feel brotherhood & love for the peaceful Indians (esp Muslims). Afterall, we had same ancestors at one point (Bangladeshis & Sri Lankans included Tongue). So thats what I meant when I said I was happy to find out he was from the sub-continent. Before that I used to think he was South-African. He even came for lectures in Pakistan you know! Back in the 80's I think.

Yes his story is very interesting, I found out about Deedat through Zakir Naik's lectures. However, I was very sad to hear (and see on you-tube) what pain Mr.Deedat was in before his death. May Allah grant him best level in Jannah and accept all his good deeds).

-------------

Posted By: Henry
Date Posted: 02 November 2010 at 5:54am
One of my favourite personalities is James Caan the famous Dragons Den business star. In the UK he is really well known and is a real ambassador for muslims in business. He is a big Star in the UK!

-------------
http://www.hamptoncourthouse.co.uk - independent school london

Date Posted: 02 November 2010 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Henry Henry wrote:

One of my favourite personalities is James Caan the famous Dragons Den business star. In the UK he is really well known and is a real ambassador for muslims in business.

Interesting choice! I'd never heard of him so did a quick wiki search. It is good to see Muslims (and Pakistanis) make a name in the UK business scene... I have heard quite a lot about that Dragon's Den show.. need to watch.

Although I'm not too impressed by the fact that his name evolved into "James Caan"...

-------------

Posted By: John S
Date Posted: 04 March 2011 at 5:35pm
Sheikh Ahmed Deedat is my choice - if I make it to Paradise I'm going to look him up for a chat. 

Date Posted: 04 March 2011 at 7:43pm
I visited him in his hospital room in Riyadh (raa).

Date Posted: 12 March 2011 at 2:57am
Originally posted by John S John S wrote:

Sheikh Ahmed Deedat is my choice - if I make it to Paradise I'm going to look him up for a chat. 

InshAllah Bro! Every Muslim will be in Jannah eventually. Lets pray our flight is not via Jahannam.... thats the scary part Ouch. But we should hope for good from Allah! Because Allah does not disappoint His servants.

I also have a guest-list for my Jannah Tea Party. InshAllah you all are invited. Salahuddin Ayyubi is so on it!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 March 2011 at 3:00am

I visited him in his hospital room in Riyadh (raa).

mashAllah! May Allah reward you. I saw a video on his last days in the Hospital. It very sad and heart-wrenching... tear-jerking to say the least...

-------------

Date Posted: 12 March 2011 at 3:02am
My new favorite Islamic Personality at the moment is Suhaib Webb. He is so balanced and awesome! May Allah reward him.

I would suggest all brothers and sisters to look him up on you-tube. Don't get turned-off by the initial monotone, he is very passionate about what he says. He is one of those few blessed people who help you feel the beauty & sweetness of Islam.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 March 2011 at 7:16am
Monotone!  I'm surprised you consider his talks monotone.  He seems fairly animated in my estimation.  Cultural perceptions perhaps.

Date Posted: 13 March 2011 at 7:35am

Monotone!  I'm surprised you consider his talks monotone.  He seems fairly animated in my estimation.  Cultural perceptions perhaps.

A friend of mine said she thought he was a bit monotonous.. so I wanted to urge viewers to still give him a chance and listen if they initially found his talk monotonous or boring...

I personally find he speaks very passionately.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 March 2011 at 7:51am

Yeah, I agree.

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 14 March 2011 at 2:17am
I was fortunate to see Sheikh Deedat during his seminar on Rushdie! I think he gave us sense of mission on how to inform and talk back with friends and colleagues who were ignorant about the contents of Satanic Verses but wanted to engage in the discussion! Cuz the Khumaini's edict had just blown the stuff into stratosphere of western islamophobic propaganda and all that...He was a lighthouse for who were sailing in the ocean of darkness, May Allah bless his soul!

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 16 March 2011 at 1:55am
I just re-perused an old biography on this greatest liberator of the Holy Land...that Muslims lost back to the same people he fought against so valiantly...
From wiki as follows:
According to the some sources, British Commander General http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Allenby - Edmund Allenby during World War I, proudly declared "today the wars of the Crusaders are completed " by rising up his sword towards statue of Saladin after capture of Damascus from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_the_Ottoman_Empire - Turkish troops . This quotation is incorrectly attributed to Allenby, as throughout his life he vehemently protested against his conquest of Palestine in 1917 being called a "Crusade". In 1933 Allenby reiterated this stance by saying: "The importance of Jerusalem lay in its strategic importance, there was no religious impulse in this campaign". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saladin#cite_note-99 - [100] As well British press celebrated his victory with cartoons of Richard the Lion-Hearted looking down at Jerusalem above the caption "At last my dream come true." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saladin#cite_note-100 - [101] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saladin#cite_note-101 - [102] After French General http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_Gouraud - Henri Gouraud entered the city in July 1920 and kicking Saladin's tomb, Gouraud exclaimed, "Awake Saladin, we have returned. My presence here consecrates the victory of the Cross over the Crescent." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saladin#cite_note-102 - [103]  

I liked it a lot considering written in the days of Muslims' colonial bondage time frame by a non Muslim!  Once started reading had hard time stop'g!

What a great love he had for the Prophet(s) honor! Amazing dedication to the cause that he stood against the whole Christendom and won while so generous to the foe and friends alike! He was unique, one of a kind Mujahid!

May Allah bless him!
http://www.archive.org/stream/saladinprinceofc007121mbp#page/n7/mode/2up - SALADIN PRINCE OF CHIVALRY
Read and comment...

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 17 March 2011 at 8:39pm
Another favorite of mine Umar the great, a just Caliph and liberator of the holyland who is the solo Muslim listed on "the Hundred Most Influential...." beside of course the Prophet(p) being numero uno!

CALIPH UMAR'S ADDRESS AFTER JERUSALEM

After receiving the surrender of Jerusalem and completing the tour of Syria when Caliph Umar was returning to Madina he led the prayer at Jabiah. On this occasion he delivered an address which is preserved in history. The major part of his address was:

"O ye people I counsel you to read the Qur�an. Try to understand it and ponder over it. Imbibe the teachings of the Qur�an. Then practise what the Quran teaches. The Qur�an is not theoretical; it is a practical code of life. The Qur�an does not bring you the message of the Hereafter only; it is primarily intended to guide you in this life. Mold your life in accordance with the teachings of Islam for that is the way of your well being. By following any other way you will be inviting destruction.

"Fear Allah, and whatever you want seek from Him. All men are equal. Do not flatter those in authority. Do not seek favors from others. By such acts you demean yourself. And remember that you will get only that is ordained for you, and no one can give you anything against the will of God. Then why seek things from others over which they have no control? Only supplicate God for He alone is the sovereign.

"And speak the truth. Do not hesitate to say what you consider to be the truth. Say what you feel. Let your conscience be your guide. Let your intentions be good, for verily God is aware of your intentions. In your deeds your intentions count. Fear God, and fear no one else. Why fear others when you know that whatever sustenance ordained for you by God you will get under all circumstances? And again why fear when you know that death is ordained by God alone and will come only when He wills?

"Allah has for the time being made me your ruler. But I am one of you. No special privileges belong to ruler. I have some responsibilities to discharge, and in this I seek your cooperation. Government is a sacred trust, and it is my endeavor not to betray the trust in any way. For the fulfillment of the trust I have to be a watch-man. I have to be strict. I have to enforce discipline. I have to run the administration not on the basis of personal idiosyncracies; I have to run it in public interest and for promoting the public good. For this we have the guidance in the Book of God. Whatever orders I issue in the course of day to day administration have to conform to the Qur�an. God has favored us with Islam. He sent to us His Messenger (Muhammad, pbuh). He has chosen us for a mission. Let us fulfil that mission. That mission is the promotion of Islam. In Islam lies our safety; if we err we are doomed."

-------------

Posted By: HamzaMusa
Date Posted: 14 July 2011 at 8:15pm
@Sign*Reader Umar al-Khattab (R.A.) is also one of my favorites!  Such a wise man and just ruler.

As for modern favorites, I have to agree with Chrysalis and pick Suhaib Webb, and I also like Shaykh Hamza Yusuf a lot.

Date Posted: 16 July 2011 at 2:27am
Originally posted by HamzaMusa HamzaMusa wrote:

@Sign*Reader Umar al-Khattab (R.A.) is also one of my favorites!  Such a wise man and just ruler.

Yup Brother Sign! You didn't read the rules!!! We are not allowed to mention the first 4 Caliphs and companions... Big%20smile

Quote As for modern favorites, I have to agree with Chrysalis and pick Suhaib Webb

Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Date Posted: 26 July 2011 at 12:41pm
Rais Bhuiyan, a Bangledeshi Muslim who was attacked by an Anti-Muslim psycho and lost his eyesight - forgives his attacker:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/19/us/19questions.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1 - http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/19/us/19questions.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1

This guy lost his eyesight thanks to the psycho, yet he is campaigning to save his  life! SubhanAllah!

-------------

Posted By: FarhanSaleem
Date Posted: 04 October 2011 at 11:10pm
Thanks for nice favourite personality Umar bin Abdul Aziz and Salahudin Ayyubi.

Posted By: asheque
Date Posted: 16 March 2012 at 9:29pm
Khaled bin Walid the sowrd of Allah and http://www.hezbuttawheed.com/component/content/article/1-displayhome/1-the-call-of-islam - Islam

Posted By: tayek1967
Date Posted: 04 May 2012 at 5:39am
Mohammad bayezid khan panni was a great ummat-e- mohammadi, I like him & his personality. coz, he is my favorite person. thanks 

Date Posted: 04 May 2012 at 4:59pm
Since the post was about contemporary muslims ... anyone heard of Imam Joe Bradford? I quite like the articles on his website:

http://www.joebradford.net/ - http://www.joebradford.net/

Let us know what you think.

-------------

Posted By: whitelion553
Date Posted: 06 December 2012 at 7:57am

In the name of Allah

My favorite woman in Islam is Fatima  Zahra (SBUH) .daughter of our dear prophet. Her mother was Khadije(SBUH) (the first muslem among women and one of  the biggest woman in Islam &paradise .she was the great friend and backer for her husband Mohammed(SBUH) ). Fatima (SBUH)is the biggest woman in Islam  &paradise  ,too and the best of them .all of the other women ( her mother ,Mary(SBUH), Asie(SBUH)(wife of Pharaoh))  are after her and obey her . she married with son of Abu-Taleb (Abu-taleb was uncle of Mohammed (SBUH)and one of the biggest men in Islam) in a very special day that this day is very sacred . she had four children 2 boys(Hassan(AS) &Hussein(AS)) and 2 girls (Zainab (AS)&Omme kolsum(AS)) .she married when she was 9 and became martyr when she was 9 and became martyr when she was 18 years old while she was  pregnant for her fifth child .her holy body is in Mecca in Baqi cemetery .she was love of Mohammed (SBUH).No one knows the exact place of her grave ,it is hidden for all muslems .our dear prophet liked her more than every thing and every one in the world. And said about her :every one hurts her is hurt me and every one likes her ,likes me .and he said Fatima is my dear and part of me. Her mother died when she was child . after that time ,she was like a mother for her father (Mohammed(PBUH)).(Belal-Habashi (the person who was saying azan in time of prophet every day and never said after his die ))when Fatima asked him at last moments of her life to say azan again for her .he accepted .  voice of Belal caused that she remember her father and nice days of being near him .after Belal began to saying azan, nice and holy souvenir of our dear prophet left this world and went near her dear father( almost 2 month after his father`s die).  

-------------
i try to say only facts

Posted By: Muslim75
Date Posted: 06 August 2014 at 11:54am

------------------------------------------

Posted By: Muslim75
Date Posted: 09 September 2014 at 1:02pm

------------------------------------------

Posted By: Muhammad Saad
Date Posted: 06 October 2020 at 9:27pm
My favorite Muslim personality is prince muhammad bin Salman. He is genius.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net