URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=129
Printed Date: 20 April 2024 at 12:53pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Epaulets?
Posted By: Suleyman
Subject: Epaulets?
Date Posted: 14 March 2005 at 1:37pm

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

I have realized that there are some epaulets behind the names of the members.I made an little search about the issue comparing the registering years of the members with also comparing the stars they have taken in that time period.I have found some interesting results that came to me it should be told:Brother Yusuf,Brother Saif,Sister Peaceinislam,Friend Angel,Brother Anonymous(LA) has only one star(they are newbie);they have one epaulet(or carrying same at me-3).Also looking to me that i see;i have three epaulets and the moderators have the five(they are absolutely shining) also seeing some of them adding more to their shoulders....The users i have stated are the backbones of this forum and i am not claiming or wanting to giving them all of the epaulets....

The epaulet system(newbie,groupie...stars) does not fit first to the soul of Islam  then the soul of this forum.I request from the moderators deleting all my epaulets/stars) on my shoulder;they annoy,disturb my soul,please,this does not smell good.....Wa Salaam.

=========
Admin: The Calligraphies have been move to http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=220&PN=1&TPN=1 - Art Forum

Replies:
Posted By: adji
Date Posted: 14 March 2005 at 2:36pm

Assalamu alaikum Br. Sulyman,

Regarding the euplets (stars) it is just a symbol how active you are, how much you contribute to this board. This is based on how many posting that you made, here the detail:
1 star: new user (newbie), post less than 40.
2 stars: groupy, post 40-100
3 stars: senior member, post more than 100.
4 stars, moderators.
5 stars, admin's.

We gave more stars to admins and moderators, because they do more works and spend more time in this board/forum.

So we think this is fair enough, the more active you are, the more contribution (post) you make, you will get more stars. Like myselves eventhough I've been here since sept 2000, but becasue I conributed less then others I am monly have one star.

Yes I agree user is very important, active user even more important, becase if there is no posting, so nothing to read, so this board will not exist.

What do you think?  Is it fair enough?

Date Posted: 14 March 2005 at 2:49pm

Aleykum Selam ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Brother Adjj,

With reading your post and re-reading my initial message;we are turning back to my first message...we don't need epaulets and the numbers are not fitting to the efforts seen in the board also including the moderators;injustice and no need,as i have said there is no epaulets in Islam and they are disturbing my soul;at least i don't want(how can i delete?);just an view,no force...Wa Salaam...

Date Posted: 14 March 2005 at 3:51pm

Assalamu alaikum,

I think respecting sombody contirbution is encorage in Islam, and the eupalets system is one way how to do that. Regarding moderators, I think in islam there is teaching if there are 3 peoples walk together, we have to choose one as the leader of the group, however the choosen leader must be democratic, wise etc.. so in this case the choosen leader is the moderators.

Anyway, unfortuanately it's difficult to remove the epaulets system, need a big overhaul of the software. So at least for now, assume that the are not exist if you don't like it. Insha Allah having this epaulets  is not a sin by in the eyes of Allah.

Thank from your view.

Wassalam,

Adji

Date Posted: 15 March 2005 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by adji adji wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

...so in this case the choosen leader is the moderators.

... Insha Allah having this epaulets  is not a sin by in the eyes of Allah.

Thank from your view.

Wassalam,

Adji

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Brother Adjj,

The problem was not about causing a sin;i don't think it will cause except causing slowing the synergy...

Brother,this what i was scaring for.I don't know how long have you been knowing the board(of course you know,i am talking about how long you have been sharing the love of being an member of the family with adding your comments,replying the messages,being lowly,at least replying the mails?);but we know each other as an part of a family who we can't put our hearts in stars,they can't fit into;i was scaring to limiting the love in to the number of stars.That's all i was trying to say...i can't my love fitting into a logo,i was scaring that the star frame will be an wall between us;why?,from the physcology i have seen in so many persons who wear the epaulets then things changes without any intention{LEADER IS THE MODERATORS};just an experience...no problem,as i have said;it was just an view  wanting the best to my friends...

Brother Adjj,may i ask you something?.In West;there are institutes,colleges,associations,special efforts and social clubs trying to teaching the persons for using the English grammars more bright,preventing the degeneration on the words,making them more efficient,more permanent...;but i see from your words that you use absent words,passing some of the letters,cutting the words...i just wondered, are they really absent or you have no time for writing the full words for the board...i just wondered...Wa Salaam...

Ohh,i have adapted a song for the moderators,i wish you will love,it is from Queen...

Chorus:(from Queen)
We are the champions my friend.
And we'll keep on fighting till the end.
We are the champions. We are the champions.
No time for losers 'cause we are the champions
of the world.

Adapted Type: 

We are the moderators my friend.

And we'll keep on fighting till the end(a board including three members who are the moderators)

We are the moderators!!.We are the moderators!!!!.

No time for losers(members who has no star more than 3) 'cause we are the moderators!!!!! of the world

-----------------------

Just for some fun;but i can't laugh...Wa Salaam...

We are the brothers and the sisters(& in this board who we sometimes withdraw our hair

Date Posted: 17 March 2005 at 2:30pm

Assalmu alaikum Br. Sulleyman,

We got your point, but we can not remove that, that we will do is replacing the stars image with pencils, insha Allah soon. Will this be better for you?

Wassalam,

Adji

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 17 March 2005 at 3:47pm

I saw that some of the senior members of the top 10 posters didn't have all their stars and become newbies

For Suleyman, a disclaimer = I mean no offence . Everytime you voice your opinion about not liking something and ask it to be taken away {{which is fine in voicing your opinion}} you do not consider other people in what they may like or not like. You're not the only user in this board you know  Now somehow you have twisted the Admin to change from stars to pencils, what is wrong with having stars? Do you see other people having problems with stars ? What if I and many others want the stars to stay ?  

Anyway I like the stars  

I protest! stars stay stars stay stars stay!!        (don't worry I'm just clowning  )

don't care what pictures are used, just wanted to point something out to Suleyman

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: Nausheen
Date Posted: 17 March 2005 at 10:54pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rehman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum Brother Adji,

Is it any way possible to give the stars strictly on the basis of number of posts alone.

In this way everyone, including the moderators and administrators will bear stars for their messaging and nothing more.

I think this will apease those who may think moderators and admins are getting an undue merit.

Eveyone who is coming here for the sake of allah is doing a voluntary service. If people have recognition for this in their hearts, it should suffice, insha allah.

Iam not sure about others but for myself, I have received continued assistance and encouragement from you, brother Aleem, and for a longer period from brother Muneeb.  For me, its great really, I dont need stars.

Angel, sure u shld have what u want.

here u go ....

Let me know when u've run out of these

"star of wonder, star of light, star with royal beauty bright,

westward leading still proceeding, guide us to thy holy light."

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

-------------
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 17 March 2005 at 11:05pm

cool Nausheen    

anyway I don't think I will get any higher than 3 stars  

-------------

Posted By: icforumadmin
Date Posted: 18 March 2005 at 11:34am

Hi All,

Now everybody has a change to get 5 stars (or whatever we decide later). Here the new stars system:
1 star: newbie < 40 posts
2 stars: groupie 40-99 post
3 stars: senior member 100-499 posts
4 stars: senior member 500-999 post
5 stars: senior member 1000 or more posts

Your stars will not be update till you do another post. (This also happen to yusuf and others who are the top ten poster, but because he has not done any post yet in this new forum, so their title still Newbie).

Again this is just for fun, everybody has the same level to argue, debate or whatever. For now 3,4,5 stars have the same tittle "senior member", you guys may have any idea for those. If so please let us know! (some peoples came up: super member for 4 stars and distinguish member for 5 stars)

-------------
Best Regards & Peace,

Admin

Date Posted: 20 March 2005 at 9:48pm

Guess I thought wrong  I did get higher than 3 stars, now got 5   and it wasn't even a wish

-------------

Date Posted: 21 March 2005 at 12:03pm

Nausheen Wrote:

"Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

I think this will apease those who may think moderators and admins are getting an undue merit."

--------------------------------------

Sister,in any words of mine in this thread,i did not mean any of a word trying to causing that the moderators and the admins are getting an undue merit.It is so sad that no one has understood the insight of my words which my words were coming from my love on yours...no problem....Wa Salaam...

Posted By: -ArabianKnight-
Date Posted: 21 March 2005 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Nausheen Wrote:

I think this will apease those who may think moderators and admins are getting an undue merit."

Sister,in any words of mine in this thread,i did not mean any of a word trying to causing that the moderators and the admins are getting an undue merit.It is so sad that no one has understood the insight of my words which my words were coming from my love on yours...no problem....Wa Salaam...

we get what your saying.. or well I get what your saying.. Your saying that people shouldnt be ranked here, becuase they are comming here for Knowlage and for the betterment of Islam. And the stars some how represent rank - yeah.. I get that... But your pressing minor issues too far - kind of like what the JEws did To Moses in the Hiefer STory...

Comon - you know what im talking about - the Isrealites were ordered to sacrafice a heifer and repeatedly asked moses for details, like "What color should the hiefer be?" "How old should it be?" "should it be a hiefer bred to till the field?" etc... but they were simply ordered to sacrafice a cow! so you see... Devil is into DETAILS!..

-------------
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger

Date Posted: 21 March 2005 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

I saw that some of the senior members of the top 10 posters didn't have all their stars and become newbies

For Suleyman, a disclaimer = I mean no offence . Everytime you voice your opinion about not liking something and ask it to be taken away {{which is fine in voicing your opinion}} you do not consider other people in what they may like or not like. You're not the only user in this board you know  Now somehow you have twisted the Admin to change from stars to pencils, what is wrong with having stars? Do you see other people having problems with stars ? What if I and many others want the stars to stay ?  

Anyway I like the stars  

I protest! stars stay stars stay stars stay!!        (don't worry I'm just clowning  )

don't care what pictures are used, just wanted to point something out to Suleyman

Angel,i have been away from the board for the weekend for a trip in Istanbul including a special work for islamicity web board for composing a photo show about the famous places of Istanbul(St.Sophia,Blue Mosque,The Yerebatan Cistern Museum,Sultan Ahmed Court,The Bosphorus,Pics from the Parish Prays in ancient mosques,The Bridge-No Topkapi Palace because they don't take the camera in...) giving a fresh air to my friends in the board.I wish all of you will enjoy with these special effort i only made to board with the love to Allah with my absent time limits....i have just turned back and so early to putting into the board... 

Angel,while i was on my run with the camera for taking the photos of the ancient places of Istanbul,i wish you did not think that i read your words and put the silence on my mouth;No!...now i read your words and you have to pay the bill;did you say disclaimer to me?,hmmm....no way to escape...

Angel,i remembered my grandmother who died 6 years ago...you have some common points with her,at least you are the hers...

While someone tells her a story or a happening; at the end of the speech she was saying like she did not hear the story with adding this word:what happened?,then the person begins re-telling the story from the top and comes to the end then she was still asking: who did?,like she did not listen the whole story two times...i wish Allah will bless her soul,she was too old...

Angel,didn't you read the thread which i was telling my thoughts on the issue or at least i gave the interesting examples that an improvement came after that thread....

Don't worry,no problem;i was just joking...no need to pay the bill..you are right that i am sometimes an disclaimer by the cause of my childhood past inside of my big sister and big brother who are they 18 years older than me...may be i am a little bit bearish and  pert...

I trust your clean heart that your words on me don't make me angry;keep the smile and the joi de vivre in your heart which gives us moral.Wa Salaam... 

Date Posted: 21 March 2005 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by -ArabianKnight- -ArabianKnight- wrote:

Nausheen Wrote:

we get what your saying.. or well I get what your saying.. Your saying that people shouldnt be ranked here, becuase they are comming here for Knowlage and for the betterment of Islam. And the stars some how represent rank - yeah.. I get that... But your pressing minor issues too far - kind of like what the JEws did To Moses in the Hiefer STory...

Comon - you know what im talking about - the Isrealites were ordered to sacrafice a heifer and repeatedly asked moses for details, like "What color should the hiefer be?" "How old should it be?" "should it be a hiefer bred to till the field?" etc... but they were simply ordered to sacrafice a cow! so you see... Devil is into DETAILS!..

Ok 

Posted By: Alwardah
Date Posted: 29 March 2005 at 10:08am

As Salamu Alaikum

I am new to this group and just started reading thru' the different sections. I never realized that forums where a good place to voice one's views and opinions.

Stars or no stars - makes no difference.

The date the person joined the group and well as the number of articles posted are  mentioned; that is enough. The whole object is to increase our knowledge and increase our brotherly/sisterly love for each thru' dialogue. We need to exert every effort we can to try and  unite the Ummah of Muhammad (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) which is in bits and pieces presently.

However, I feel it is important to mention who the administrators and moderators are, so that if we need advice on a matter � which may not be suitable to post, we will know whom to direct our inquiry to.

-------------
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)

Date Posted: 29 March 2005 at 11:50pm

Suleyman...

-------------

Date Posted: 29 March 2005 at 11:56pm

Salam,

Wellcome Alwardah,
Thanks for your comment. The forum moderators are Nausheen, Rami, Mockba.

The administrator is "administrator".

Thanks,

-------------
Best Regards & Peace,

Admin

Date Posted: 30 March 2005 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Administrator Administrator wrote:

Salam,

Wellcome Alwardah,
Thanks for your comment. The forum moderators are Nausheen, Rami, Mockba.

The administrator is "administrator".

Thanks,

Lol!,Angel;i took the message) it means i can eat you whenever i want...take care the steps guys...

Date Posted: 30 March 2005 at 7:17pm

Lol!,Angel;i took the message) it means i can eat you whenever i want...take care the steps guys...

huh? where that come about  , that you can eat me whenever

-------------

Date Posted: 31 March 2005 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

huh? where that come about  , that you can eat me whenever

Angel,you did not comprehend the words...i was talking about the administrator's words...he will eat us...

Date Posted: 31 March 2005 at 11:38am

Assalamu alikum,

Suleyman, we are fasting so we can not it anybody.

-------------
Best Regards & Peace,

Admin

Date Posted: 31 March 2005 at 7:44pm

Suleyman, oh okay

Admin, hehehe, guess we are safe for a little while

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net