URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12893
Printed Date: 16 April 2024 at 5:14pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Hi
Posted By: Smaa
Subject: Hi
Date Posted: 30 July 2008 at 2:22am
Hi guys,
I am smaa, i am 21 years old. I have recently joined this site and i found it very interesting. I hope to make some friends as i dont have any and i am also hoping to learn new things that i dont know about islam. so if u wanna be my friend do contact me and let me know about this forum thing. take care and allah hafiz 

Replies:
Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 31 July 2008 at 7:37pm

As'Salamu Alaikum,

Welcome to our boards of discussions at IC.

Be active here, insha Allah, you shall find many friends here. WIsh you a very happy stay.

Your Allah Hafiz, denotes you are asian Smile

Anyways, sister, this place is a good way of learing from each other. Stay active.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 02 August 2008 at 8:30am
Hello there Smaa . . . looking forward to seeing u around on the forums. . .

Seeks: lol, how does 'Allah Hafiz' denote that one is Asian? I never thought of that! but yea, mostly asians use it . . .why I wonder. I thought they said 'Khuda Hafiz' . . .

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 03 August 2008 at 4:21am
Mostly, we Indians and Pakistanis, use it. Its my observation. Now, i see people shifting from khuda to Allah.  Hafiz is the same Smile.

Other observation is the way of salam. We can easily trace them.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 05 August 2008 at 9:33am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Mostly, we Indians and Pakistanis, use it. Its my observation. Now, i see people shifting from khuda to Allah.  Hafiz is the same Smile.

Other observation is the way of salam. We can easily trace them.

When I was a kid, I would also use 'Khuda Hafiz' . . .but since Khuda is a general term, for any 'god' or God . . . I shifted to 'Allah Hafiz' . . . since Allah is more specific for me.

Also, curiosity makes me ask . . .how can u tell by the salaam?

What is the correct Islamic way to greet a person before leaving? Accord to Sunnah/Hadith?

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 18 August 2008 at 12:14pm
walaikumsalam, how are you doing? i dont know anything about you but it's so nice to see that you actually replied me. yeh, i am an asian but its not necessary that only asians use allah hafiz. I have heard people from other regions use "Allah Hafiz" Any ways, tell me about yourself and I thought nobody would reply so i didnt even login to see if i have any replies. well, take care and allah hafiz
smaa

Date Posted: 18 August 2008 at 1:13pm
lol you guys are making allah hafiz such an issue. allah is god and god is allah and hafiz is one of his names so i dont think that it actually matters whether you use allah hafiz or khuda hafiz. but as you see allah is more specific. well this is the second time i came on this form and hope to see you here too soon. till then take care and allah hafiz

Date Posted: 19 August 2008 at 6:36am

Samaa: why dont you click on the e-mail notification for the topic? (at the end of the page) That way, you wont have to log-in everytime just to check and see if you have replies. You'll be notified by email if somebody replies to your post.

Thats ok :) nobody is making an issue out of 'Allah Hafiz' :p . . . just discussing it.

See you around.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 August 2008 at 3:36pm
hey, thanks i did click on that thing yesterday thats why i know that i have replies. if you dont mind, can i ask u ur name. I am not in toronto nowadays so the timings dont match with you guys. what time do you guys come online? where are you from? i hope u wont mind the intro questions, well take care and allah hafiz

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net