Print Page | Close Window

She took Shahadah

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Stories - How I Became Muslim?
Forum Description: Stories - How I Became Muslim?
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12832
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 1:13am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: She took Shahadah
Posted By: Zaharah
Subject: She took Shahadah
Date Posted: 19 July 2008 at 11:26pm
Salam,
If you ever wonder what's it's like, ask me and I can tell you.  I was born christian and studied the Gospel all my life.  I became a licensed minister to teach "The word of God" (so i thought).  but i always knew something just wasnt right.  I couldn't quite put a hand on it but i knew in my heart there were many unanswered questions that nobody being a leader could answer.  I met my husband online who was born and raised Muslim.  He never pushed me to his belief or questioned or judged my thinking.  I became very interested in the Quran because i always wanted knowledge no matter where i can get it.  The first surah i read was Iqra "recite in the name of your Lord".  My face filled with tears and my heart pounded.  for the first time i felt like i was being pulled by the Truth.  I took Shahadah on that day, which was 2 yr after my marriage. Alhamdu Lillah!  My family (parents) didnt understand or want to except it because here i was their big time daughter the minister who everyone sought for understanding. I was turned away by many.  I didnt mention things with them a lot.  They just knew i changed and hoildays were not the same anymore.  Any time i would mention my belief they would change the subject or the would say who is this man the prophet?  I even went as far a giving my father the Quran to read for himself.  He a deacon of that same chruch i mentioned.  I have been praying for 2 years that Allah would open their hearts to understanding. but nothing.  My mom had her 1st heartattach in may 07. I thought Allah is it time yet? (No) She had the 2nd April 08, is it time? (No)...  One day she was very ill and could hardly speak without loosing her breath.  My husband, daughter and son was with her at the time.  My husband said to me "Recite".  I began to say to her "Laila ha Illallah Muhammadan Rasulillah(S.a.w). I said it twice, she looked at me and said what are you saying, I told her that I was praying in arabic, which she has heard me say before, but would shun away.  She opened her mouth and spoke "Laila ha Illallah Muhammadan Rasulillah (S.a.w.) Twice.  By that time me my husdand and daughter was so full of tears and thanking Allah for his mercy. SHE TOOK SHAHADAH.  She passed away 1 month later on July 19th 08,  It just goes to show us Ummah that Allah is GREAT!   

-------------
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...

Replies:
Posted By: Salams_wife
Date Posted: 19 July 2008 at 11:48pm
All praise be to Allah.  Thank you for sharing this story.  It really shows the power of God's will if we just believe in Him.

Date Posted: 20 July 2008 at 9:13am
Salam, Salams wife for taking time to read.  Belief is the key.  All praise is due to Allah! Whom we all will stand before on that great day.
"Z"

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 20 July 2008 at 5:47pm
As'Salamu Alaikum,

Allahu Akbar !! Allah is Great !

May Allah swt increase your mother's rank in Jannah.

Your story is a inspiration for many of us. JazakiAllahu khayr for sharing.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 20 July 2008 at 6:04pm
I was reading your input at an other thread. Your mother passed on two days  ago !  {Inna lillahi wa Inna ilayhi rajioon} . May Allah swt also bestow you and your family with patience too.

I have noticed one point  common in your posts that you are glorifying and praising Allah swt continuosly. You trust in Allah swt, very much and are with a strong faith { Allah knows the Best}, Subhan Allah !  May Allah swt bestow all of us such.

There is a verse which says, that even if we wish to count the favors of Allah swt , we cannot. One of  such favors of Allah swt is your mother, embracing Islam.

A friend of mine, is trying hard since years by conveying message to his parents, but they are n't blessed yet. They fear to leave the religion of there forefathers. He is presenting his best. May Allah swt, soon bless his parents with hidayah. Khayr---

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 20 July 2008 at 9:31pm

Salam,

Seekshidayath thank you so much for reading and encouragement.  Allah is Great! JazakiaAllahu khayr for reading.  You know we all seek patience, and the will of Allah.  Without Him we are NOTHING.  As for your friend, please continue to encourage him, tell him of what you read here in this forum.  Allah answers prayer.  Some times we want to give up and we become tired of repeating and pouring out our hearts, but we must not give up because Allah will never give up on us.  Alhamdu lillah .  I pray that they will be guided of Allah.  you know when you are found of Islam, you  have been found of a good thing...
"Z"Smile  

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 24 July 2008 at 5:30am
Subhanallah ! 

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 24 July 2008 at 9:00am

chrysalis Allah is Great!

"Z"

Date Posted: 04 August 2008 at 7:18pm
It has been a couple of weeks now since my mom's passing.  I miss her so much.  There are many things happening for the good since her death.  So many people continue to speak to me on her behalf.  At the furneral services many family members came.  My mother took Shahada in the presence of my husband, teenage daughter and myself.  My father and brothers don't know of this, because of their rejection of Islam and unbelief.  It was very hard for me to sit thru the services, I wanted to jump up and scream, she was a believer and she took Shahada.  It was all i could do to hold myself in control.  My husband was at my side, this being his first service at a "Christian
service ( speaking of the way they bury the dead).  I have seen many because of my back ground as once being christian and also Im a professional nurse.  I can say this one was HARD because she was my mother and she took shahada on her death bed.  I will tell my father one day when the time is right about his wife of 39 years becoming a believer Insha Allah.Heart
"Z"

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 05 August 2008 at 9:30am
I think you acted the way you should have  . . . .nobody wishes to believe something they consider wrong about a loved one. So your Father/Brothers would not have believed you, and would have been hurt - felt betrayed. You also didnt have any proof, but urself and ur muslim family. . . so a muslim burial couldnt have been demanded. Allah is all Merciful and All Wise. It was considerate of you to take your family's feelings into account.

Inshallah, once they get over thier grief. . . you could tell them (if u think it apropriate)

To Allah we belong, and unto Him we shall return.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 05 August 2008 at 1:35pm
Salam
Chrysalis you speak with wisdom and I thank you for your comment.  I have been praying for a little over 3 years that Allah will guide my whole family.  I am the only one on both my mother's side and father's side that is Muslim.  I have a VERY LARGE family, so my prayers daily include seeking that my families be guided.  So far it has only been my mother before her passing to take Shahada.   I will tell them one day, but like you said when the grief if over.
Allah is Great and ALL WISE!  I had almost given up but we (husband,daughter and myself) continued to pray for her and she caught it.  Allahu Akbar 
"Z"  

Date Posted: 09 March 2009 at 10:58am
Salams to ALL
It has been a while since I read from my own posting.  Now that I have come into the knowledge of what it feels like to loose your MOTHER and to continue to Thank my God in all that i do.  Time has gone by since her passing on July 19th 08.  It is now 7 plus months later.  Thank Allah for His mercy and the gift of forgetfullness that He gave us all.  If it was not for that gift of forgetfullness, we has human may loose our minds when we face such pain and grief of loosing a loved one.  In this event our lives have gone their seperate ways.  I have not yet to let my father and brothers know of my mother taking Shahada...
Allah knows best!
We make plans on day to day basis but Allah has plans of His own, and His plans are the best for us.
I am always mindful of doing what is pleasing to Allah.  Sometimes we as human fail, were human.  But we are not meant to stay in that which we fail.  We must get up, dust off the dirt and keep it moving.  And no matter what Thank Allah for that gift... ForgetfullNess
Zaharah 

Posted By: Danty
Date Posted: 09 March 2009 at 7:38pm
As-salam-u-laikum Zaharah. Your story about you and your family was very touching to me. It was very beautiful, masha-Allah. May God give your mothers soul peace. Much happiness to you and your family.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)

Posted By: ronaldo_along
Date Posted: 09 March 2009 at 11:35pm
This story tell us how fair Allah is. Allahhu akhbar....
Allahhu akhbar....

Date Posted: 10 March 2009 at 4:21pm
Waalaikum Salam Danty.
Thanks so much for your message.  It is also my prayer for my mom, she was a wonderful soul.  Thanks for the bliss you want for my family.  I pray that Allah raise your rank and bless you and your family with bliss. 
I really love what you post at the end of your message about what Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said
Kindness means everything, We must excercise that daily.
Zaharah 

Date Posted: 10 March 2009 at 4:26pm
Ronaldo along
You know your right!  Allahhu Akhbar!!!   Allahu Akhbar!!!
Allah is GREAT...
Allah is the most fair, of all.
At time's we don't deserve how fair He is to us, but as Creator of ALL, his mercy knows best.  My mom was against Islam for at least 5yrs.
I thank God that she took Shahada and pray it was excepted.  Masha-Allah,  Thanks so much for your encouragement on the word "Fair"
Zaharah

Posted By: Danty
Date Posted: 10 March 2009 at 6:35pm
Sister Zaharah. Jazakulaikairun for your kind words and duaa. Kindness towards a person is so very important. I sure due wish that more people follow our Prophet (PBUH)

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)

Date Posted: 14 March 2009 at 11:33am
Salams Danty,
You are 100% right.  That is my prayer everyday that as a female we pray.  If WE ALL followed Prophet (PBUH) we would have greater faith in our God.  As time passes, we see that with our eye's (one of our gifts) all that Allah as done for us.  I pray that we take our Shahada at heart and guard it with all that we have.  Thanks again for your encouragement, and may Allah continue to be a blessing to you.Heart

Posted By: Ali77
Date Posted: 31 May 2009 at 8:19am
Your story affects me and remind me that we have a great
believe and we must keep islam ano follow its ruels
I make revision to my self and decide to be more clean and honest and well treat with other people and I hop GOD accept my deeds and enter me paradise with people whom I love them and I hope you give us more advise
from time to other.thankyou

Date Posted: 01 June 2009 at 7:24am

Salams Brother Ali77,

Thank you so much and welcome to this forum.  I would like to thank you for the encouragement and I pray Allah will accept your dua'.
I miss my mother so much and i have really grown since her passing.  It just goes to show us that we have to keep praying and having the faith.  Life is short.  You are right about being more clean and honest and how we should treat one another, thanks again.
May Allah raise your rank and bless you and your family.  Please post anytime.
Zaharah

-------------
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 08 August 2009 at 3:54pm

Reading your story brings emotions and as well remind us of the reality that if any answer to the call of Allah does so for their own benefit. And Allah will reward those who answer His call, and who can reward better than Him. May Allah bless you and all that believe in Him, and firmly believe to meet Him one day, Ameen.

Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Posted By: Akhe Abdullah
Date Posted: 08 August 2009 at 4:15pm
Salams,Brothers and Sisters.I wanted to start a topic about a Brother who just passed away recently after taking Shahada,but I'll post it here.A few days ago a brother whom I witness taking his Shahada passed away.He was murdered and his family wants to bury him Christian and said that they didnt want any form of Islamic serimony not even the Imam washing his body.The reason why he was murdered I heard was bad and I just pray Allah(SWT)that he didnt died in a state of Kufar thats what make the situation worser.

Date Posted: 08 August 2009 at 5:20pm

Salams Bro. Hasan

Thank you so much for your encouragement and you are 100% right that it is for our own benefit and that we ALL will meet our creator on that day.  May Allah bless you and always guide you.

Your sister
Zaharah

-------------

Tupac A. Shakur...

Date Posted: 08 August 2009 at 5:28pm

Salams Akhe Abdullah,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  May Allah rest his soul in peace.  Insha Allah.

I to was in the same situation with my family.  They have NEVER wanted anything Islam, even they did not respect my mothers wish's when she was still alive.  They handled everything in the christian way.  I had no choice in the matter.  But i do know that "She took Shahadah"  The only thing my husband and I and our children could do way to pray for her, i did attend the burial and my husband prayed.  My Allah guide us all in the right way.
Zaharah

-------------

Tupac A. Shakur...

Date Posted: 09 August 2009 at 9:36am
Wa Alaikum Salam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu Sister,Zahara.(Ameen)JazakAllah Khieran for repling to my post.It's been a while!Hope every thing has been good with you(InshAllah).You know some people care more about there own feelings and the majority input instead of the wishes of the deceased.We are suppose to repect the dead at leased do one last thing right by them while we still alive,thats why we need to have a will because, we are Muslim and maybe the only ones in our families,the others members will distance themselves from us on earth and until death it seems,So much for resting in peace(InshAllah Ta ala).My Imam gave this announcement after this past Jummah,it was heart breaking but it goes to show you that truly non-Muslims even parents, family,so-called friends,homies ect are enemies to Islam when they act as such.May Allah Bless us all and our familes.May Allah make our Duahs be with the deceased(Ameen)

Date Posted: 09 August 2009 at 10:05am
Salams Bro. Akhe Abdullah,
 Insha Allah and thank you for your words of wisdom.  This situation is a very hard one for us Muslim who have family outside of Islam.  When my mom took Shahadah it was in private, and i believe in my heart that it was Allah who allowed her to do so.  May Allah be continually Praised...Amen.  But because of their own selfish ways, most dont respect the dead or the living.  My family has totally split since mom passed.  But i always thank God.  I do see what you meant by what your Iman announced that "they are enemies to Islam"  I hate so much that it is that way, Allah knows I do, but Allah knows best.  I will continue to keep pressing in my walk Insha Allah. May you be Blessed and may Allah recieve our duahs. Insha Allah
Zaharah

-------------

Tupac A. Shakur...

Date Posted: 09 August 2009 at 12:06pm
Salams Zaharah,(Ameen)AlHamduillah!JazakAllah Khieran for your reply May Allah Bless us all and our families.(Ameen)

Date Posted: 15 August 2009 at 11:09am
Ameen.....
Brother Akhe Abdullah
It has been over a year. Time has really passed quickly.  I thank Allah for that since of forgetfullness.  In that is a mercy for us.
Z

-------------

Tupac A. Shakur...

Posted By: Full of Hopes
Date Posted: 02 October 2009 at 10:09am

Asslamu Alaikum Wa Rahamtu Allah

This maybe TOOOOO late but do you believe if I tell you every time I read your story, I feel as if this is the first time to see it???
  Mashallah, Allah has blessed with great knowledge that make you in some way SPECIAL...Wink  mashallh ..

May Allah keep my and your imaan and increase our faith, love, fear and trust to Allah, the Merciful.
Heart

Allah is Great...

-------------
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)

Date Posted: 02 October 2009 at 10:40am
Wa Alaikum As Salams
sister Full of Hopes you are a light, i want you to know how much you encourage me and keep me going.  Your efforts will be greatly rewarded, Insha Allah.
You are more than a sister to me....
Zaharah

-------------

Tupac A. Shakur...

Date Posted: 02 October 2009 at 10:48am
Assalimu Alaikum to the forum:
I was wondering.  It's been a year since the passing of my mum, actually a little over a year, this past sept would have been her birthday.  Allah rest her soul.  Are there any special prayers, or dua's that i can add to help or do i just continue to pray for her soul as we do?
Please im open to any suggestions or comments.  Mum meant so much to me especially taking Shahadah a week or so before passing.  I want to do all that i can in this life.
Your Sister,
Zaharah

-------------

Tupac A. Shakur...

Posted By: Shema
Date Posted: 31 January 2010 at 6:23am
Well' u shd thank Allah.it is reported that a man went to china for studies and reverted a chinese to Islam. after acquiring some knowledge about Islam he jacked the man by the collar and said"i will jack u like this befoe God tomorrow on Judgement day for letting my parents die unbelievers-not coming quickly"

Posted By: Shema
Date Posted: 31 January 2010 at 6:34am
well anything you do in silam just do it according to sunnah of Prophet (saw) and the best one can offer for deceased is offering of water according to sunnah may be construct borehole or well etc
according to hadeeth, someone asked the Prophet (saw)will the offering for the deceased reach him? and he answered in the affirmative then he asked whet is best and he replied sadaqah of water and the person constructed wells in makkah and dedicated to his bereaved mother and up till now it is named after their family

Date Posted: 02 February 2010 at 7:09pm
Assalimu Alaikum Shema, Thank u so very much for your reply.  May Allah be pleased.  May this message find you in bliss and the blessings of your creator, Mashallah
Your sister
Zaharah

-------------

Tupac A. Shakur...

Posted By: lightguidance
Date Posted: 30 August 2010 at 7:55am
Sister Zaharah.........I cried when i Read your story ..
If you lost your mother, know we here for you

Date Posted: 30 August 2010 at 12:20pm

Assalimu Alaikum Lightguidance, may this message reach you in the happines of Allah and Ramadan Muburak to you as well. 

Thank you so Much for your words, they are encouraging to me and i often still cry just thinking of her and how it was by the Grace of Allah that she took the Shahadah, Mashallah.
Thank you for being there for me, May Allah Bless you.....Hug

-------------

Tupac A. Shakur...

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net