Print Page | Close Window

My work

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: General
Forum Name: GREEN Forum
Forum Description: Anything related to the environment, that can educate people to be more friendly to the environment. Remember we only have one livable planet , so far.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12640
Printed Date: 20 April 2024 at 5:46am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: My work
Posted By: Angel
Subject: My work
Date Posted: 12 June 2008 at 8:08am
has apparantly dropped carbon emission by 33% In Janurary the emissions was at 36 tons, in May it dropped to 24 tons. This was through adjusting times that the A/C was operational, monitoring & adjusting the temp and turning off equipment & lights.
Since I work in a school, this was my campus only, the other campuses hasn't done anything, but it will be done across all campuses.

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Replies:
Posted By: rami
Date Posted: 12 June 2008 at 10:08pm
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

Hi Angel

air conditioning is the worst offender i think, they need to make them more eficient or find better ways of cooling.

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Date Posted: 12 June 2008 at 10:20pm

yeah I agree, not sure how thou.

-------------

Posted By: rami
Date Posted: 12 June 2008 at 10:40pm

we get a lot of sun in this country they should make solar panels just to power the Air con in summer which is when it is most heavily used. The panel can power an entire home so i dont think 1 air con unit will be to much.

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Date Posted: 13 June 2008 at 7:38am
true. every household should have panels on their roof.
as with everything the cost involved is always high Unhappy

-------------

Posted By: semar
Date Posted: 14 June 2008 at 11:21pm
If the gasoline price stay high, the solar panel price will more competitive to the "mineral based electricity" price.

-------------
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 01 July 2008 at 10:39am
Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

air conditioning is the worst offender i think, they need to make them more eficient or find better ways of cooling.

True. Not only does it consume loads of energy/electricity but uses CFCs. There are other ways of cooling too. . . some involve the design of the architecture.

In the Sub-Continent, we have very hot summers. . .and the houses that were built long ago used to have very high roofs, so the hot air would collect at the top, leaving cooler air for below. Along with thatched roofs.

But a more modern environmentally friendly thing is Air-Coolers. They are very common in Pakistan, but only work in certain weather conditions. . . not-humid climate. So we can only use them during certain times in the summer. But even 2 months without ACs can help a lot. The only electricity required is to turn the fan, and pump water. Water cools the straw lined in the box-like cooler and the breeze from it is as cool as an AC, if not cooler.  All natural.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 03 July 2008 at 6:37am
I have a air cooler, the water filled one and its the noises bloody thing ever, so don't use it. Also my skin feels iky from the air blown on it. Maybe just got a dud buy. Just have a couple of fans.

-------------

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 04 July 2008 at 6:36am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

I have a air cooler, the water filled one and its the noises bloody thing ever, so don't use it. Also my skin feels iky from the air blown on it. Maybe just got a dud buy. Just have a couple of fans.

Noise is an issue with the air coolers. But I hear that they are now making smaller, noiseless, aesthetically pleasing ones as well.

And I think when the skin starts feeling 'icky' . . .its when the air-cooler season is off . . . they only work in dry weather, and when it gets humid, the icky, sticky humid feeling starts. Which is why they r only viable for some time only. But I loved my air-cooler Smile the air from it wud feel nice and fresh with an earthy smell aaah!

We would have to change the straw quite often  though! Bcz the birds would pull all the straw out during nesting season, leaving bare patches in b/w. Smile

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 04 July 2008 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Noise is an issue with the air coolers. But I hear that they are now making smaller, noiseless, aesthetically pleasing ones as well.

that would be good.
I feel abit better now, knowing that someone far away also has the noise problems. Smile

Quote And I think when the skin starts feeling 'icky' . . .its when the air-cooler season is off . . . they only work in dry weather, and when it gets humid, the icky, sticky humid feeling starts. Which is why they r only viable for some time only. But I loved my air-cooler Smile the air from it wud feel nice and fresh with an earthy smell aaah!

Didn't know that about the humid - of course the guys in the shops wouldn't tell ya Wink - it can get rather hot here in my city but there is humdity in the air and i'm not far from water either.
Thanks for that, food for thought Smile

Quote We would have to change the straw quite often  though! Bcz the birds would pull all the straw out during nesting season, leaving bare patches in b/w. Smile

hehe.

-------------

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 07 July 2008 at 1:37am
Salam Duddy Dudes,

Please let me represent my new air conditioning system giving any bad resullt to the life...

The mayor of the citty arranges spring source from the mountains and dissolves it to the city in an coolest mode...the instruction companies modifies the flats with more pipes carrying out this cold water inside...

Try and see how cool buildings you will have...

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net