Print Page | Close Window

PROPHECIES IN THE BIBLE

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Islam for non-Muslims
Forum Description: Non-Muslims can ask questions about Islam, discussion for the purpose of learning.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12635
Printed Date: 19 April 2024 at 9:22am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: PROPHECIES IN THE BIBLE
Posted By: robin
Subject: PROPHECIES IN THE BIBLE
Date Posted: 10 June 2008 at 11:50pm

OUTSTANDING PROPHECIES IN THE BIBLE CONCERNING JESUS AND THEIR FULFILLMENT

Prophecy then fulfillment

Gen. 49:10 Born of the tribe of Judah
Matt. 1:2-16
Luke 3:23-33
Heb. 7:14

Note from Moderation: Dumping is not allowed on this forum. If you have specific proof verses that you would like to show and argue for, then please provide them. It is an unreasonable request to either expect someone to check every verse and claim, or to simply accept these "assertions" as fact, hence the act of "dumping" is not permitted. I also noticed that you have failed to reply to those who did take the time to read your list and discuss your contribution. Be warned that this is a discussion forum.

Replies:
Posted By: believer
Date Posted: 11 June 2008 at 3:47pm
Amazing list!!

-------------
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Posted By: _ALI_
Date Posted: 14 June 2008 at 7:12am

Salam

Most of the fulfillments of the Bible are given in the Bible itself. So suppose I write a book saying X King will die when he is 42. And in the next page, I write that X king dies at 42. That is not a miracle. Same is the case with the Bible. But supposing that all the prophecies of the Bible are true then giving even 1 unfulfilled prophecy will prove that Bible as a whole is not the word of God. I can give a list of unfulfilled prophecies in the Bible

1-  Genesis, Chapter No. 4, Verse No. 12, it says� �God told Cain: you will never be able to settle you will be a wanderer.� Few Verses later on Genesis, Chapter No.4, Verse No.17, says��Cain built up a city� � unfulfilled prophecy.

2-  If you read Jeremiah, Chapter No.36, Verse No.30,  it says that��Jehoiachin the father of Jehoiachin� no one will be able to sit on his throne - The throne of David, no one will be able to sit after Jehoiachin.� If you read later on, II Kings, Chapter No 24, Verse No 6, it says that� �Jehoiachin after he died, later on Jehoiachin sat on the throne� - Unfulfilled prophecy.

3-  One is sufficient to prove it is not the word of God - I can give plenty. If you read Ezekiel, Chapter No 26, it says that��Nebuchader, he will destroyed Tyre.� We come to know that Alexander the great, was the person who destroyed Tyre - Unfulfilled prophecy.

4-  Isaiah, Chapter No. 7, Verse No 14, says, prophesying of��The coming of a person who will be born to a virgin - his name shall be Emmanuel.� They say� the Christians - it refers to Jesus Christ peace be upon him. Born to a virgin - the Hebrew word there is �amla�, which means not �a virgin�- �a young lady.� The word for �virgin� in Hebrew is, �baitula�, which is not there. Even if you agree - we are using concordance - we agree� �Virgin�� �Virgin� - No problem. It says� �He will be called Immanuel.� No where in the Bible is Jesus Christ peace be upon him, is called as Immanuel - Unfulfilled prophecy.

I can give several, plenty unfulfilled prophecies - One is sufficient to prove the Bible wrong - I have given a few. "

Posted By: minuteman
Date Posted: 15 June 2008 at 1:54am
  There is no need to confront robin with anything. Robin has just over done it. If he had remained only about Jesus that would have been good enough. And Muslims know all those things and believe in them too. robin cannot teach anything new to Muslims.

robin has mostly wandered into old testament. We believe there are many prophesies in the old and middle testament (NT). There are many prophesies in the two old testaments that the christians deny and change their meaning. So what use are the prophesies of the two old testaments to the Muslims who got the new and last testament with them i.e. Quran.

Please robin look at he bright side of the things and try to venture honestly into the Last testament too.

Also, chistians are acting against the explicit teachings of Jesus. Jesus had told them not to put new wine in old bottles. But they have got their bible(NT) stuck into an old book (OT). Why? They call their bible new testament. Why. If it is new wine then why it is bound up with the old wine? Why to put it into the old bottle?

-------------
If any one is bad some one must suffer

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 15 June 2008 at 7:06am
Its not in the old bottle but next it, all wineries have new and old bottles next to each other Big%20smile 
and besides NT & OT is the bible not bible stuck in an old book Wink

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 15 June 2008 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by _ALI_ _ALI_ wrote:

Salam

Most of the fulfillments of the Bible are given in the Bible itself. So suppose I write a book saying X King will die when he is 42. And in the next page, I write that X king dies at 42. That is not a miracle. Same is the case with the Bible. But supposing that all the prophecies of the Bible are true then giving even 1 unfulfilled prophecy will prove that Bible as a whole is not the word of God. I can give a list of unfulfilled prophecies in the Bible

1-  Genesis, Chapter No. 4, Verse No. 12, it says� �God told Cain: you will never be able to settle you will be a wanderer.� Few Verses later on Genesis, Chapter No.4, Verse No.17, says��Cain built up a city� � unfulfilled prophecy.

2-  If you read Jeremiah, Chapter No.36, Verse No.30,  it says that��Jehoiachin the father of Jehoiachin� no one will be able to sit on his throne - The throne of David, no one will be able to sit after Jehoiachin.� If you read later on, II Kings, Chapter No 24, Verse No 6, it says that� �Jehoiachin after he died, later on Jehoiachin sat on the throne� - Unfulfilled prophecy.

3-  One is sufficient to prove it is not the word of God - I can give plenty. If you read Ezekiel, Chapter No 26, it says that��Nebuchader, he will destroyed Tyre.� We come to know that Alexander the great, was the person who destroyed Tyre - Unfulfilled prophecy.

4-  Isaiah, Chapter No. 7, Verse No 14, says, prophesying of��The coming of a person who will be born to a virgin - his name shall be Emmanuel.� They say� the Christians - it refers to Jesus Christ peace be upon him. Born to a virgin - the Hebrew word there is �amla�, which means not �a virgin�- �a young lady.� The word for �virgin� in Hebrew is, �baitula�, which is not there. Even if you agree - we are using concordance - we agree� �Virgin�� �Virgin� - No problem. It says� �He will be called Immanuel.� No where in the Bible is Jesus Christ peace be upon him, is called as Immanuel - Unfulfilled prophecy.

I can give several, plenty unfulfilled prophecies - One is sufficient to prove the Bible wrong - I have given a few. "

Amazing List ! Smile

Gook work brother. May Allah swt guide us all towards right path. Am adding this post of yours to my notes. InshaAllah, shall be of help while discussing with my non-muslim [ christians} around.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 17 June 2008 at 7:25am
Genesis 4

10 The LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground. 11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. 12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth."

13 Cain said to the LORD, "My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me."

15 But the LORD said to him, "Not so; if anyone kills Cain, he will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. 16 So Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

Cain went out away from GOD.   He was wandering in the sense that he was not with GOD.  A person can be sucessful build a city in this world but have lost all in the next world when they are sent away from GOD.

-------------
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Date Posted: 17 June 2008 at 7:38am
LOL!  if you consider 3 months sitting on the throne!!  LOL!!  Read more of the same prophecy in Jeremiah 22

Jeremiah 22

30Thus saith the LORD, Write ye this man childless, a man that shall not prosper in his days: for no man of his seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah.

-------------
John 3

Date Posted: 17 June 2008 at 7:52am
Ezekiel 26

3Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Tyrus, and will cause many nations to come up against thee, as the sea causeth his waves to come up.

cause many nations

Immanuel means "GOD with us"  Most Chrisitans do in fact consider Jesus as GOD with us.  Prophecy fulfilled. 

-------------
John 3

Posted By: BMZ
Date Posted: 17 June 2008 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Immanuel means "GOD with us"  Most Chrisitans do in fact consider Jesus as GOD with us.  Prophecy fulfilled. 

The instruction to the lady of Ahaz, was to name the child Immanuel. She was to call him Immanuel. She might have done that. Nobody knows.

But our dear lady Maryam did not name her child Immanuel. Neither did Joseph. And the angel also forgot to tell her the name Immanuel. Instead gave her some other name. Tongue Prophecy would have come true only if Jesus had really been named Immanuel but unfortunately this did not come true.

Considering Jesus wrongly "God with us" does not prove that his name was Immanuel. He wasn't called El Immanu. LOL

Cheers
BMZ

-------------
Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."

Date Posted: 18 June 2008 at 8:16pm

Question: "Why wasn't Jesus named Immanuel?"

Answer: In the prophecy of the virgin birth, Isaiah 7:14, the prophet Isaiah declared, "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call Him Immanuel." This prophecy refers to the birth of Jesus in Matthew 1:22-23, "All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 'The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel' which means, 'God with us.'" This does not mean, however, that the Messiah�s name would actually be Immanuel.

There are many names given to Jesus using the phrase �He shall be called,� both in the Old and New Testaments. This was a common way of saying that people would refer to Him in these various ways. Isaiah prophesied of the Messiah, �His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace� (Isaiah 9:6). None of these titles was Jesus� actual name, but these were descriptions people would use to refer to Him forever. Luke tells us Jesus �shall be called the Son of the Highest� (Luke 1:32) and �son of God� (1:35) and �the prophet of the Highest� (1:76), but none of these was His name.

In two different places, the prophet Jeremiah says in referring to the coming Messiah, �And this is His name by which He shall be called, JEHOVAH, OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS� (Jeremiah 23:5-6; 33:15-16). Now we know that God, the Father, is named Jehovah. Jesus was never actually called Jehovah as though it was His name, but His role was that of bringing the righteousness of Jehovah to those who would believe in Him, exchanging that righteousness for our sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). Therefore, this is one of the many titles or �names� which belong to Him.

In the same way, to say that Jesus would be called "Immanuel" means Jesus is God and that He dwelt among us in His incarnation and that He is always with us. Jesus was God in the flesh. Jesus was God making His dwelling among us (John 1:1,14). No, Jesus' name was not Immanuel, but Jesus was the meaning of Immanuel, "God with us." Immanuel is one of the many titles for Jesus, a description of who He is.

Admin: to reduce the font size, (on edit page) highlight the text and choose the proper size on 'size' dropdown menu

Date Posted: 18 June 2008 at 8:17pm
Sorry the font is so big!!  Is there a way to make it smaller?

-------------
John 3

Posted By: _ALI_
Date Posted: 19 June 2008 at 7:10am
Cain went out away from GOD.   He was wandering in the sense that he was not with GOD.  A person can be sucessful build a city in this world but have lost all in the next world when they are sent away from GOD.
Wandering means to roam around in the world, not settling down. How can it mean going away from God? furthermore the bible says

Genesis 4:10 The LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground. 11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother's blood from your hand. 12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer ON THE EARTH."
The phrase ON THE EARTH implies he was supposed to wander or Earth. It is pretty clear. Furthermore
Genesis, Chapter No. 4, Verse No. 12, it says� �God told Cain: you will never be able to settle...."
That also refers to settling on Earth.
LOL!  if you consider 3 months sitting on the throne!!  LOL!!
The Bible does not say that no one will sit on the throne for more than 3 months. It only says that no one will be able to sit on the throne. 3 months, 5 months, a year, the period does not matter. The fact is, no one was supposed to sit on the throne according to the Bible, and the Jehoiachin's son sat on it, according to the Bible.
3Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Tyrus, and will cause many nations to come up against thee, as the sea causeth his waves to come up.

cause many nations
Let me quote Ezekiel 26
7For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will bring upon Tyrus Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, a king of kings, from the north, with horses, and with chariots, and with horsemen, and companies, and much people.

8He shall slay with the sword thy daughters in the field: and he shall make a fort against thee, and cast a mount against thee, and lift up the buckler against thee.

9And he shall set engines of war against thy walls, and with his axes he shall break down thy towers.

10By reason of the abundance of his horses their dust shall cover thee: thy walls shall shake at the noise of the horsemen, and of the wheels, and of the chariots, when he shall enter into thy gates, as men enter into a city wherein is made a breach.

11With the hoofs of his horses shall he tread down all thy streets: he shall slay thy people by the sword, and thy strong garrisons shall go down to the ground.

12And they shall make a spoil of thy riches, and make a prey of thy merchandise: and they shall break down thy walls, and destroy thy pleasant houses: and they shall lay thy stones and thy timber and thy dust in the midst of the water.

13And I will cause the noise of thy songs to cease; and the sound of thy harps shall be no more heard.

14And I will make thee like the top of a rock: thou shalt be a place to spread nets upon; thou shalt be built no more: for I the LORD have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.

God is specifically mentioning Nebuchadrezzar saying that he will pretty much destroy Tyres. Did that realy happen? Has the prophecy been fulfilled?
Bible has many other unfulfilled prophecies. Let me just quote Genesis
people.
Genesis

1. God says that if Adam eats from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, then the day that he does so, he will die. But later Adam eats the forbidden fruit (3:6) and yet lives for another 930 years (5:5). 2:17
  2. God promises Abram and his descendants all of the land of Canaan. But both history and the bible (Acts 7:5 and Heb.11:13) show that God's promise to Abram was not fulfilled. 13:15, 15:18, 17:8, 28:13-14
  3. God promises Abram's descendants the land of Canaan from the Nile to the Euphrates. But according to Acts 7:5 and Heb.11:13
  4. God's promise to Abram was not fulfilled. 15:18

5. God promises to make Isaac's descendents as numerous as "the stars of heaven", which, of course, never happened. The Jews have always been, and will always be, a small minority. 26:4

6. God renames Jacob twice (32:28, 35:10 ). God says that Jacob will henceforth be called Israel, but the Bible continues to call him Jacob anyway (47:28-29). And even God himself calls him Jacob in 46:2. 32:28, 35:10

7. God calls Jacob Jacob, though he said in Gen.32:28 and 35:10 that he would no longer be called Jacob but Israel. 46:2

8. God promises to bring Jacob safely back from Egypt, but Jacob dies in Egypt (Gen.47:28-29) 46:3

9. The tribe of Judah will reign "until Shiloh," but Israel's first king (Saul) was from the tribe of Benjamin (Acts 13:21), and most of the time after this prophecy there was no king at all. 49:10

10. Contrary to the prophecy in 48:21, Joseph died in Egypt, not Israel. Gen.50:24

Note that these verses are from Genesis only. You can only imagine how many unfulfilled prophecies are there in the Bible.

Date Posted: 22 June 2008 at 8:25am
Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

OUTSTANDING PROPHECIES IN THE BIBLE CONCERNING JESUS AND THEIR FULFILLMENT

Prophecy then fulfillment

Gen. 49:10 Born of the tribe of Judah
Matt. 1:2-16
Luke 3:23-33
Heb. 7:14

Note from Moderation: Dumping is not allowed on this forum. If you have specific proof verses that you would like to show and argue for, then please provide them. It is an unreasonable request to either expect someone to check every verse and claim, or to simply accept these "assertions" as fact, hence the act of "dumping" is not permitted. I also noticed that you have failed to reply to those who did take the time to read your list and discuss your contribution. Be warned that this is a discussion forum.

Sorry do not have the time at the moment!

Date Posted: 23 June 2008 at 1:17am
Originally posted by _ALI_ _ALI_ wrote:

Salam

Just to be going on with:-

2-   If you read Jeremiah, Chapter No.36, Verse No.30,  it says that��Jehoiachin the father of Jehoiachin� no one will be able to sit on his throne - The throne of David, no one will be able to sit after Jehoiachin.� If you read later on, II Kings, Chapter No 24, Verse No 6, it says that� �Jehoiachin after he died, later on Jehoiachin sat on the throne� - Unfulfilled prophecy.

JEHOIAKIM EXPERIENCED A DISGRACEFUL DEATH AND WAS NOT BURIED IN THE TOMBS OF THE KINGS AT JERUSALEM, NO MORE THAN AN ASS WOULD BE. (JER. 22:18, 19) HIS SON JEHOIACHIN (OR, CONIAH) REIGNED ONLY THREE MONTHS AND 10 DAYS IN JERUSALEM AND THEN SURRENDERED TO THE BABYLONIANS AND WAS DEPORTED TO BABYLON, FROM WHERE HE DID NOT RETURN. (JER. 22:24-30; 37:1) DOWN TO THE DESTRUCTION OF THE REBUILT CITY OF JERUSALEM BY THE ROMANS IN 70 C.E., NO DESCENDANT OF JEHOIACHIN, THE SON OF JEHOIAKIM, THE KING OF JUDAH, MOUNTED A ROYAL THRONE IN JERUSALEM. JEREMIAH�S PROPHETIC WORDS, WRITTEN IN HIS UNDERGROUND LOCATION, DID NOT FAIL TO COME TRUE!

3-   One is sufficient to prove it is not the word of God - I can give plenty. If you read Ezekiel, Chapter No 26, it says that��Nebuchader, he will destroyed Tyre.� We come to know that Alexander the great, was the person who destroyed Tyre - Unfulfilled prophecy.

According to the Jewish historian Josephus, the Babylonian siege of Tyre lasted 13 years. (Josephus, Against Apion, Book I, Chapter 21) History does not record how effective Nebuchadnezzar�s efforts were, although the loss of Tyrian property and lives must have been great. A later prophetic pronouncement through Zechariah indicated that God would destroy the city completely. (Zechariah 9:3, 4) This prophecy was fulfilled nearly 200 years after it was given. By then those living in the nearby island city of Tyre felt secure behind its formidable walls. However, in 332 B.C.E., the forces of Alexander the Great overthrew that island city, using debris from mainland Tyre to build a causeway leading to the island part of Tyre (as Tyre was in two parts, mainland part and island pert). Since then this artificial peninsula has been enlarged by sand deposited there by the water. Moreover, in the present seaport village, fishermen can be seen drying their nets�another fulfillment of prophecy. Certainly, Jehovah�s Word is sure!

Nebuchadnezzar destroyed the mainland half of the city of tyre but never got to the Island part (Alexander did) thus he did not destroy the city!!!!

Prophecy fulfilled

4-  Isaiah, Chapter No. 7, Verse No 14, says, prophesying of��The coming of a person who will be born to a virgin - his name shall be Emmanuel.� They say� the Christians - it refers to Jesus Christ peace be upon him. Born to a virgin - the Hebrew word there is �amla�, which means not �a virgin�- �a young lady.� The word for �virgin� in Hebrew is, �baitula�, which is not there. Even if you agree - we are using concordance - we agree� �Virgin�� �Virgin� - No problem. It says� �He will be called Immanuel.�

No where in the Bible is Jesus Christ peace be upon him, is called as Immanuel - Unfulfilled prophecy.

MATTHEW 1:18-23

DURING THE TIME HIS MOTHER MARY WAS PROMISED IN MARRIAGE TO JOSEPH, SHE WAS FOUND TO BE PREGNANT BY HOLY SPIRIT BEFORE THEY WERE UNITED. 19 HOWEVER, JOSEPH HER HUSBAND, BECAUSE HE WAS RIGHTEOUS AND DID NOT WANT TO MAKE HER A PUBLIC SPECTACLE, INTENDED TO DIVORCE HER SECRETLY. 20 BUT AFTER HE HAD THOUGHT THESE THINGS OVER, LOOK! JEHOVAH�S ANGEL APPEARED TO HIM IN A DREAM, SAYING: �JOSEPH, SON OF DAVID, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO TAKE MARY YOUR WIFE HOME, FOR THAT WHICH HAS BEEN BEGOTTEN IN HER IS BY HOLY SPIRIT. 21 SHE WILL GIVE BIRTH TO A SON, AND YOU MUST CALL HIS NAME JESUS, FOR HE WILL SAVE HIS PEOPLE FROM THEIR SINS.� 22 ALL THIS ACTUALLY CAME ABOUT FOR THAT TO BE FULFILLED WHICH WAS SPOKEN BY JEHOVAH THROUGH HIS PROPHET, SAYING: 23 �LOOK! THE VIRGIN WILL BECOME PREGNANT AND WILL GIVE BIRTH TO A SON, AND THEY WILL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL,� WHICH MEANS, WHEN TRANSLATED, �WITH US IS GOD.�

Prophecy fulfilled

Date Posted: 23 June 2008 at 9:24am

Question: "Why wasn't Jesus named Immanuel?"

Answer: In the prophecy of the virgin birth, Isaiah 7:14, the prophet Isaiah declared, "Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call Him Immanuel." This prophecy refers to the birth of Jesus in Matthew 1:22-23, "All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 'The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel' which means, 'God with us.'" This does not mean, however, that the Messiah�s name would actually be Immanuel.

There are many names given to Jesus using the phrase �He shall be called,� both in the Old and New Testaments. This was a common way of saying that people would refer to Him in these various ways. Isaiah prophesied of the Messiah, �His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace� (Isaiah 9:6). None of these titles was Jesus� actual name, but these were descriptions people would use to refer to Him forever. Luke tells us Jesus �shall be called the Son of the Highest� (Luke 1:32) and �son of God� (1:35) and �the prophet of the Highest� (1:76), but none of these was His name.

In two different places, the prophet Jeremiah says in referring to the coming Messiah, �And this is His name by which He shall be called, JEHOVAH, OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS� (Jeremiah 23:5-6; 33:15-16). Now we know that God, the Father, is named Jehovah. Jesus was never actually called Jehovah as though it was His name, but His role was that of bringing the righteousness of Jehovah to those who would believe in Him, exchanging that righteousness for our sin (2 Corinthians 5:21). Therefore, this is one of the many titles or �names� which belong to Him.

In the same way, to say that Jesus would be called "Immanuel" means Jesus is God and that He dwelt among us in His incarnation and that He is always with us. Jesus was God in the flesh. Jesus was God making His dwelling among us (John 1:1,14). No, Jesus' name was not Immanuel, but Jesus was the meaning of Immanuel, "God with us." Immanuel is one of the many titles for Jesus, a description of who He is.

Admin: to reduce the font size, (on edit page) highlight the text and choose the proper size on 'size' dropdown menu

Because in Jesus case it is a title showing that God was acting towards the Jews via him (Jesus) as His (God's)agent, much like Moses. 

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 24 June 2008 at 6:20pm
Robin,
you insist; "This does not mean, however, that the Messiah�s name would actually be Immanuel.
Now if we look at the quote, the words are more clear than that: 
It says: "and shall call his name Immanuel."
Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Date Posted: 25 June 2008 at 12:22am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Robin,
you insist; "This does not mean, however, that the Messiah�s name would actually be Immanuel.
Now if we look at the quote, the words are more clear than that: 
It says: "and shall call his name Immanuel."
Hasan

Your lack of Bible knowledge is showing again Hasan!

Jesus Christ in the Bible has about a 120 differing titles:-

The Word
The Lamb
Shilo
Saviour
The Lord
First & Last
Michael
Rabbi
Lord of lords
King of kings
Son of God
Son of Man
Abbadon
Apollyon
Prince of peace
The Twig
The Shepherd
The Loin of the tribe of Judea
The Leader
The Judge
Angel of the abyss
The Seed 
Comander etc. etc. 

to name but a few!

Date Posted: 25 June 2008 at 6:20pm
Robin,
I know when things are made clear and make sense, one way to deny them is to accuse me of having less knowledge??

Read, it  does not say titles. It says HIS NAME , NAME IMMANUAL.

Let me repeat, it does not say his title will be. Read it says his name, Immanual.
Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Date Posted: 26 June 2008 at 1:03am

Robin,
I know when things are made clear and make sense, one way to deny them is to accuse me of having less knowledge??

Let me repeat, it does not say his title will be. Read it says his name, Immanual.
Hasan

Face facts Hasan; lack of knowledge leads to misunderstandings for anyone:-

Proverbs 1:5
A wise person will listen and take in more instruction, and a man of understanding is the one who acquires skillful direction,

Date Posted: 26 June 2008 at 2:33pm
name   /neɪm/  - [neym] - noun, verb, named, nam�ing, adjective
�noun
1. a word or a combination of words by which a person, place, or thing, a body or class, or any object of thought is designated, called, or known.
2. mere designation, as distinguished from fact: He was a king in name only.
3. an appellation, title, or epithet, applied descriptively, in honor, abuse, etc.
4. a reputation of a particular kind given by common opinion: to protect one's good name.
5. a distinguished, famous, or great reputation; fame: to make a name for oneself.
6. a widely known or famous person; celebrity: She's a name in show business.
7. an unpleasant or derogatory appellation or expression: Don't call your brother names! Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.
8. a personal or family name as exercising influence or bringing distinction: With that name they can get a loan at any bank in town.
9. a body of persons grouped under one name, as a family or clan.
10. the verbal or other symbolic representation of a thing, event, property, relation, or concept.
11. (initial capital letter) a symbol or vehicle of divinity: to take the Name in vain; the power of the Name.
�verb (used with object)
12. to give a name to: to name a baby.
13. to accuse: He was named as the thief.
14. to call by an epithet: They named her speedy.
15. to identify, specify, or mention by name: Three persons were named in the report.
16. to designate for some duty or office; nominate or appoint: I have named you for the position.
17. to specify; suggest: Name a price.
18. to give the name of: Can you name the capital of Ohio?
19. to speak of.
20. British. (in the House of Commons) to cite (a member) for contempt.
�adjective
21. famous; widely known: a name author.
22. designed for or carrying a name.
23. giving its name or title to a collection or anthology containing it: the name piece.

-------------
John 3

Date Posted: 27 June 2008 at 12:53am

Robin,

Hasan

Hasan please explain the following about Jesus:-

Isaiah 9:6-7
For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. 7 To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness, from now on and to time indefinite. The very zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this.

Date Posted: 27 June 2008 at 5:58pm
Robin,
two wrongs don't make one right? or do they?

First your quote does not answers my quote, it actually makes stronger my point that Bible contradicts, for sure.

Second your quote is a misquote form the Jewish Bible from where it was borrowed by Christians.
Here is your quote:
Isaiah 9:6
For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Now here is the same verse as it appear in Jewish Bible, remember that where the OT came into the Christian Bible. Note how the words are twisted by Christians to mean completely different notion.

Now lets see this quote from where it was borrowed and altered to fit the Christian agenda, yet it failed by messing up more (here is a rare oppertunity to see me cut and paste):
ה  כִּי-יֶלֶד יֻלַּד-לָנוּ, בֵּן נִתַּן-לָנוּ, וַתְּהִי הַמִּשְׂרָה, עַל-שִׁכְמוֹ; וַיִּקְרָא שְׁמוֹ פֶּלֶא יוֹעֵץ, אֵל גִּבּוֹר, אֲבִי-עַד, שַׂר-שָׁלוֹם.
5. For a child has been born to us (note the tense used), a son given to us (note the tense used), and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
Beside the alteration to its meanings by Christians, I don't see anything that relates this quote to Jesus, as it was (suppose to have been) written way before Christ. Rather it is refers to David (pbuh) as the verse that follows suggests:  6 That the government may be increased, and of peace there be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it through justice and through righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts doth perform this.

And see the tense used in this translation does not reflect future, the Christ as wrongfully suggested.

So there you have it folks, a good try by Robin but sorry a wrong one, again.  Like I have said one wrong only leads to more and more wrongs only, unless be bravely admitted as what it is, a wrong.

Hasan

-------------

Date Posted: 27 June 2008 at 9:27pm
 Dear Hasan, even though the church has altered the words of the original Jewish book, it still does not prove anything for Jesus. Please see:

For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Jesus was never called wonderful. He never counselled (took opinion, Mushawarat) He was never mighty God, eternal father (he was not a father as they say he did not marry) He Jesus was not a prince of peace. He could not bring any peace in his own time.

This verse does not apply to Jesus. But checked carefully, it applies to our prophet Muhammad in all respects. I will post the details soon. It was our prophet who was told to take opinion. It is written in the Quran "Their (Muslims) matters are decided by mutual consultation". The prince of peace also applies to our prophet. The religion that he brought is called Peace (Islam).

Please note that there should be a comma between "Wonderful" and "Counseler". This is a trick of the church to omit the comma.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 June 2008 at 1:06am

Robin,
two wrongs don't make one right? or do they?

First your quote does not answers my quote, it actually makes stronger my point that Bible contradicts, for sure.

Second your quote is a misquote form the Jewish Bible from where it was borrowed by Christians.
Here is your quote:

Now here is the same verse as it appear in Jewish Bible, remember that where the OT came into the Christian Bible. Note how the words are twisted by Christians to mean completely different notion.

Now lets see this quote from where it was borrowed and altered to fit the Christian agenda, yet it failed by messing up more (here is a rare oppertunity to see me cut and paste):
ה  כִּי-יֶלֶד יֻלַּד-לָנוּ, בֵּן נִתַּן-לָנוּ, וַתְּהִי הַמִּשְׂרָה, עַל-שִׁכְמוֹ; וַיִּקְרָא שְׁמוֹ פֶּלֶא יוֹעֵץ, אֵל גִּבּוֹר, אֲבִי-עַד, שַׂר-שָׁלוֹם.
5. For a child has been born to us (note the tense used), a son given to us (note the tense used), and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
Beside the alteration to its meanings by Christians, I don't see anything that relates this quote to Jesus, as it was (suppose to have been) written way before Christ. Rather it is refers to David (pbuh) as the verse that follows suggests:  6 That the government may be increased, and of peace there be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it through justice and through righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts doth perform this.

And see the tense used in this translation does not reflect future, the Christ as wrongfully suggested.

So there you have it folks, a good try by Robin but sorry a wrong one, again.  Like I have said one wrong only leads to more and more wrongs only, unless be bravely admitted as what it is, a wrong.

Hasan

But the fulfillment does!!

The Bible show you to be wrong:-

Luke 1:30-32
So the angel said to her: "Have no fear, Mary, for you have found favor with God; 31 and, look! you will conceive in your womb and give birth to a son, and you are to call his name Jesus. 32 This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High; and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David . . .

Thus showing it was and is talking of Jesus and Allah's anointed and appointed King!

Date Posted: 28 June 2008 at 1:10am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

Dear Hasan, even though the church has altered the words of the original Jewish book, it still does not prove anything for Jesus. Please see:

Jesus was never called wonderful. He never counselled (took opinion, Mushawarat) He was never mighty God, eternal father (he was not a father as they say he did not marry) He Jesus was not a prince of peace. He could not bring any peace in his own time.

This verse does not apply to Jesus. But checked carefully, it applies to our prophet Muhammad in all respects. I will post the details soon. It was our prophet who was told to take opinion. It is written in the Quran "Their (Muslims) matters are decided by mutual consultation". The prince of peace also applies to our prophet. The religion that he brought is called Peace (Islam).

Please note that there should be a comma between "Wonderful" and "Counseler". This is a trick of the church to omit the comma.

As Muhammad is not worshiper of Jehovah God, the God of Moses, who brings this about, it does not apply to him:-

Isaiah 9:7
"The very zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this."

Date Posted: 28 June 2008 at 5:59am
Minuteman, it cannot be Muhammed because in the list of descriptions is "Mighty God" and "Eternal Father" Muhammed is not God ;-)

-------------

Date Posted: 28 June 2008 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Minuteman, it cannot be Muhammed because in the list of descriptions is "Mighty God" and "Eternal Father" Muhammed is not God ;-)
 You are right in some way. But it has to be understood by the special way which will be quite applicabe. As I said, I will explain all the points. There are actually seven specialities mentioned in this verse (or five?, I will see). Each one applies to our prophet Muhammad. But it will need explaining.

For the time being I will explain only the one you have mentioned above. Please remember that the coming of our prophet was likened to the coming of the God himself. Even though he was not God at all. But his coming is like the coming of God. In that sense, he can be called the mighty God.  More later.... hopefully.

As for the counselor, it is written in the Quran and ordered to our prophet to take opinion of the friends, "Wa Shawirhum fi al Amr", i.e. "Include their opinion in your orders" or take their opinion in all matters. That is called counselling and the prophet practically took opinion of the friends in all  important matters.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 June 2008 at 7:17am

For the time being I will explain only the one you have mentioned above. Please remember that the coming of our prophet was likened to the coming of the God himself. Even though he was not God at all. But his coming is like the coming of God. In that sense, he can be called the mighty God.  More later.... hopefully.

more later...Good, still confused as why Muhammed would be called GodConfused Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 30 June 2008 at 1:06am

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Thus we read in the Bible at John 1:1-2:

John 1:1-2
In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. 2 This one was in [the] beginning with God.

Posted By: Andalus
Date Posted: 30 June 2008 at 8:15pm

As Muhammad is not worshiper of Jehovah God, the God of Moses, who brings this about, it does not apply to him:-

1) There is no such name "Jehova", so in actuallity, Moses did not worship "Jehova" either.
2) You "assert" Prophet Muhammad (saw) did not worship the same God as Moses. Please back up your "assertion".

-------------
A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/

Date Posted: 01 July 2008 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

1) There is no such name "Jehova", so in actuallity, Moses did not worship "Jehova" either.
2) You "assert" Prophet Muhammad (saw) did not worship the same God as Moses. Please back up your "assertion".

Exo 3:15 And God said to Moses again, You shall say this to the sons of Israel, Jehovah the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My title from generation to generation.

Exo 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Pslam 83
16 Fill their faces with shame, that they may seek Your name, O Jehovah.
17 Let them be ashamed and troubled forever; yea, let them be put to shame, and lost;
18 so that men may know that Your name is JEHOVAH, that You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Eze 38:23 So I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself. And I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am Jehovah.

God�s name, Jehovah, appears nearly 7,000 times in ancient Bible manuscripts.

Moses did worship Jehovah; Muhammed did not!  I stand by my post!

Date Posted: 01 July 2008 at 10:22pm

Exo 3:15 And God said to Moses again, You shall say this to the sons of Israel, Jehovah the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My title from generation to generation.

Exo 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Pslam 83
17 Let them be ashamed and troubled forever; yea, let them be put to shame, and lost;
18 so that men may know that Your name is JEHOVAH, that You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

Eze 38:23 So I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself. And I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am Jehovah.

You are not quoting the actual "bible", there is no "J" in the Hebrew TANACH. Acccording to the Hebrew, there is no "Jehova", hence you are not worshipping the God of Moses, and Moses did not worship any God named "Jehova". Your almost "cult like" group tries to use the name game as a gimmick, but be aware, you will not find "Jehova" in the Tenakh. Solid scholarship, not gimmicks, is what will reveal the validity of a group.

Finally, you have not provided any argument that Porphet Muhammad (saw) did not worship the same God as Moses. If you are going to assert such strong opinions, we ask that you show what you bases is. Making bold claims and stating them as fact is not only juvenile, but no productive, and for the spirit of the forum, you are asked to provide more than just bold claims.

-------------
A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah

Date Posted: 02 July 2008 at 1:16am

Pslam 83

You are not quoting the actual "bible", there is no "J" in the Hebrew TANACH. Acccording to the Hebrew, there is no "Jehova", hence you are not worshipping the God of Moses, and Moses did not worship any God named "Jehova". Your almost "cult like" group tries to use the name game as a gimmick, but be aware, you will not find "Jehova" in the Tenakh. Solid scholarship, not gimmicks, is what will reveal the validity of a group.

Finally, you have not provided any argument that Porphet Muhammad (saw) did not worship the same God as Moses. If you are going to assert such strong opinions, we ask that you show what you bases is. Making bold claims and stating them as fact is not only juvenile, but no productive, and for the spirit of the forum, you are asked to provide more than just bold claims.

The following are various Jewish Bible translations which all use the divine name in its Hebrew form amongst the English text at Exodus 6:3, they read as follows:-

"and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty but by My name  vuvh  I made Me not known to them"   ftn. The ineffable name, read Adonai, which means, the Lord."-The Holy Scriptures according to the Masoretic text  A New Translation The Jewish Publications Society of America.

"I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as El Shaddai, but I did not make myself known to them by My name  vuvh. "   ftn. This divine name is traditionally not pronounced; instead, Adonai, "(the) LORD," is regularly."-'TANAKH The Holy Scriptures' The New JPS Translation According to the Traditional Hebrew Text The Jewish Publications Society Philadelphia, New York, Jerusalem.

"and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name vuvh I made Me Not known to them."  ftn. The ineffable name, read Adonai, which means, the Lord."-The  Soncino  Chumash. The Five Books of Moses with Haphtaroth.

some other rendering of the same verse from various English translations:-

"I was seen by Avraham, by Yitzhak, and by Yaakov as God Shaddai,  but (by) my name YHWH I was not known to them."-The Five Books of Moses by Everatt Fox

"And I appeared vnto Abraham, vnto Isaac, and vuto Iacob, by the Name of God Almighty, but by my name IEHOVAH was I not knowen to them."-K.J.V. 1611 Edition

"And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them."-New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures

"the Almighty God who appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob-though I did not revel my name, Jehovah, to them."-THE WAY The Catholic Living Bible

"To Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob I appeared as El Shaddai, but I did not make my name Yahweh known to them."-The New Jerusalem Bible

Spanish Bible: Ex 6:1-3:

"JEHOVA respondi� � Mois�s: Ahora ver�s lo que yo har� � Fara�n; porque con mano fuerte los ha de dejar ir; y con mano fuerte los ha de echar de su tierra.  Habl� todav�a Dios � Mois�s, y d�jole: Yo soy JEHOVA;Y aparec� � Abraham, � Isaac y � Jacob bajo el nombre de Dios Omnipotente, mas en mi nombre JEHOVA no me notifiqu� � ellos."-'LA SANTA BIBLIA' by Reina-Valera, 1909

In the above texts is the name of Almighty God "Jehovah" as translated from the Hebrew Tetragrammaton, vuvh, YHWH which is a different word form than that of "LORD" (Heb. hbst) as in the Holy and inspired Scriptures that where penned to bring praise and Worshipers to Him, Almighty God!

Date Posted: 02 July 2008 at 9:40pm

Pslam 83

The following are various Jewish Bible translations which all use the divine name in its Hebrew form amongst the English text at Exodus 6:3, they read as follows:-

"and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty but by My name  vuvh  I made Me not known to them"   ftn. The ineffable name, read Adonai, which means, the Lord."-The Holy Scriptures according to the Masoretic text  A New Translation The Jewish Publications Society of America.

"I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as El Shaddai, but I did not make myself known to them by My name  vuvh. "   ftn. This divine name is traditionally not pronounced; instead, Adonai, "(the) LORD," is regularly."-'TANAKH The Holy Scriptures' The New JPS Translation According to the Traditional Hebrew Text The Jewish Publications Society Philadelphia, New York, Jerusalem.

"and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty, but by My name vuvh I made Me Not known to them."  ftn. The ineffable name, read Adonai, which means, the Lord."-The  Soncino  Chumash. The Five Books of Moses with Haphtaroth.

"I was seen by Avraham, by Yitzhak, and by Yaakov as God Shaddai,  but (by) my name YHWH I was not known to them."-The Five Books of Moses by Everatt Fox

"And I appeared vnto Abraham, vnto Isaac, and vuto Iacob, by the Name of God Almighty, but by my name IEHOVAH was I not knowen to them."-K.J.V. 1611 Edition

"And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty, but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them."-New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures

"the Almighty God who appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob-though I did not revel my name, Jehovah, to them."-THE WAY The Catholic Living Bible

"To Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob I appeared as El Shaddai, but I did not make my name Yahweh known to them."-The New Jerusalem Bible

"JEHOVA respondi� � Mois�s: Ahora ver�s lo que yo har� � Fara�n; porque con mano fuerte los ha de dejar ir; y con mano fuerte los ha de echar de su tierra.  Habl� todav�a Dios � Mois�s, y d�jole: Yo soy JEHOVA;Y aparec� � Abraham, � Isaac y � Jacob bajo el nombre de Dios Omnipotente, mas en mi nombre JEHOVA no me notifiqu� � ellos."-'LA SANTA BIBLIA' by Reina-Valera, 1909

In the above texts is the name of Almighty God "Jehovah" as translated from the Hebrew Tetragrammaton, vuvh, YHWH which is a different word form than that of "LORD" (Heb. hbst) as in the Holy and inspired Scriptures that where penned to bring praise and Worshipers to Him, Almighty God!

There is no single verse that contains the name "Jehova". Nothing you pasted above disagrees with me. The term "Jehova" is a 13th century Christian mistake. The Hebrew tetragrammaton "YHWH" does not translate to "Jehova". Jesus, nor Moses ever spoke that name.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 July 2008 at 10:34am

Pslam 83

There is no single verse that contains the name "Jehova". Nothing you pasted above disagrees with me. The term "Jehova" is a 13th century Christian mistake. The Hebrew tetragrammaton "YHWH" does not translate to "Jehova". Jesus, nor Moses ever spoke that name.

Yes if does, in Latin from which the English language is derived from; that is why Jesus is called Jesus insted of the Hebrew form "Yesuaha!"

Albert Barns notes on the Bible:-
Exo_6:2
I am the Lord ... - The meaning seems to be this: "I am Jehovah (Yahweh), and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as El Shaddai, but as to my name Jehovah, I was not made known to them." In other words, the full import of that name was not disclosed to them. See Exo_3:14.

GO TO:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah

Date Posted: 04 July 2008 at 4:58pm

Pslam 83

Yes if does, in Latin from which the English language is derived from; that is why Jesus is called Jesus insted of the Hebrew form "Yesuaha!"

I am the Lord ... - The meaning seems to be this: "I am Jehovah (Yahweh), and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as El Shaddai, but as to my name Jehovah, I was not made known to them." In other words, the full import of that name was not disclosed to them. See Exo_3:14.

I am guessing you did not actually read the link you provided, as it clearly states that "Jehova" is based upon early Christian ignorance and not on any clear rules of translation.

The verse Ex 3:14 further supports my initial statement, as the place where you erroneously place "Jehova", is actually the teragrammaton, which is simply YHWH, whch is the actual "translation" representing Hebrew letters. The fact that God did not reveal His unspoken name does not, in any way, even remotely imply that your sect "really" knows this name, which is nothing more than a mistranslation based upon befuddled scholarship. So once again, you have not shown what I have stated to be wrong, and once again, you provide "evidence" which actually supports what I am saying.  

Your statement that English is derived from Latin, and Latin is Jehova for the tetragrammaton, so therefore Jehova is the sacred name is pure rubbish.

1) That Latin is the foundation for English: Non sequitur (meaning "does not follow regarding you attempt to conclude the Jehova is the sacred name.) Even if we accept what you say as true, that English is completely founded upon Latin, this still makes no difference and your conclusion does not follow, not because it is Latin, but because the term is based upon bad scholarship, and it in no way has anything to do wtih the tetragrammaton, which is represented by four Hebrew letters.
2) Jehova cannot be the "sacred name", because no where in the bible does God reveal it. In every place that the tetragrammaton exists, one will find Adonai, or "Elohim". Hence, there is no Latin word for the Hebrew name of God.
3) Moses did not speak Latin, nor did Jesus.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 July 2008 at 1:21am

Pslam 83

I am guessing you did not actually read the link you provided, as it clearly states that "Jehova" is based upon early Christian ignorance and not on any clear rules of translation.

The verse Ex 3:14 further supports my initial statement, as the place where you erroneously place "Jehova", is actually the teragrammaton, which is simply YHWH, whch is the actual "translation" representing Hebrew letters. The fact that God did not reveal His unspoken name does not, in any way, even remotely imply that your sect "really" knows this name, which is nothing more than a mistranslation based upon befuddled scholarship. So once again, you have not shown what I have stated to be wrong, and once again, you provide "evidence" which actually supports what I am saying.  

Your statement that English is derived from Latin, and Latin is Jehova for the tetragrammaton, so therefore Jehova is the sacred name is pure rubbish.

1) That Latin is the foundation for English: Non sequitur (meaning "does not follow regarding you attempt to conclude the Jehova is the sacred name.) Even if we accept what you say as true, that English is completely founded upon Latin, this still makes no difference and your conclusion does not follow, not because it is Latin, but because the term is based upon bad scholarship, and it in no way has anything to do wtih the tetragrammaton, which is represented by four Hebrew letters.
2) Jehova cannot be the "sacred name", because no where in the bible does God reveal it. In every place that the tetragrammaton exists, one will find Adonai, or "Elohim". Hence, there is no Latin word for the Hebrew name of God.

That is a history of the NAME from the Bible.  It's continued usage and existance shows that NAME has the belssing of Allah to be published world wide and to this point in time nothing has been able to stop it even in all Arabic lands! 

As the Bible points out:-

Micah 4:5
For all the peoples, for their part, will walk each one in the name of its god; but we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever.

Malachi 3:17-18
"And they will certainly become mine," Jehovah of armies has said, "at the day when I am producing a special property. And I will show compassion upon them, just as a man shows compassion upon his son who is serving him. 18 And YOU people will again certainly see [the distinction] between a righteous one and a wicked one, between one serving God and one who has not served him."

You do not see because you do not want to see! 

Date Posted: 06 July 2008 at 9:08pm

Pslam 83

That is a history of the NAME from the Bible.  It's continued usage and existance shows that NAME has the belssing of Allah to be published world wide and to this point in time nothing has been able to stop it even in all Arabic lands! 

For all the peoples, for their part, will walk each one in the name of its god; but we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever.

"And they will certainly become mine," Jehovah of armies has said, "at the day when I am producing a special property. And I will show compassion upon them, just as a man shows compassion upon his son who is serving him. 18 And YOU people will again certainly see [the distinction] between a righteous one and a wicked one, between one serving God and one who has not served him."

You do not make sense because you have so easily given your mind away.

You could not even reply to my points. How can I, or anyone take you seriously?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 July 2008 at 10:09am

Pslam 83

The suggested pornunciation of Jehovah in Hebrew is "Yahweh", from "YHWH" which is in the Bible thousands of times!!!

JEHOVAH in The king James Version of the Bible or Authorized Version.

Ex 6:3
Ps 83:18
Isa 12:2; 26:4.

"J":-
Hebrew = "Y" into Greek and Latin as "I" translated into English as "J"

Date Posted: 24 July 2008 at 7:20am

Pslam 83

The suggested pornunciation of Jehovah in Hebrew is "Yahweh", from "YHWH" which is in the Bible thousands of times!!!

Christian audacity. The suggested pronounciation of Jehova in Hebrew? Are you really this obtuse? Your fear of God is so small that you have the nerve to suggest that the mistaken "latin" translation is the actual bases, and the Hebrew the "suggested pronounciation"? You are trying to hard to befuddle the topic in order to save your confounded theolological mess. The is a "suggested" pronounciation of YHWH, though no is actually sure since NO ONE EVER PRONOUNCED IT, and the word Jehova is a latin mistranslation (a mistake) that has nothing in common with the Hebrew word. Your audacity knows no bounds.

-------------

Date Posted: 24 July 2008 at 9:12am

Pslam 83

Christian audacity. The suggested pronounciation of Jehova in Hebrew? Are you really this obtuse? Your fear of God is so small that you have the nerve to suggest that the mistaken "latin" translation is the actual bases, and the Hebrew the "suggested pronounciation"? You are trying to hard to befuddle the topic in order to save your confounded theolological mess. The is a "suggested" pronounciation of YHWH, though no is actually sure since NO ONE EVER PRONOUNCED IT, and the word Jehova is a latin mistranslation (a mistake) that has nothing in common with the Hebrew word. Your audacity knows no bounds.

I just think you do not want to listen to see!

Date Posted: 26 July 2008 at 6:37am
This is the question I asked about Isa!

Why do Arabs call Jesus Isa?  We get Jesus from the Greek which is still incorrect- why change a person's name to fit your language?  A name should stay the same in any language, but where does Isa come from?!?.

Yeshua is considered to be Mighty GOD by many Christians.

-------------
John 3

Date Posted: 26 July 2008 at 6:43am
What is really neat though is that Yeshua means salvation -  Yeshua is mentioned all over the Old Testament

Please read the following-

http://www.menorah.org/yeshname.html - http://www.menorah.org/yeshname.html

-------------
John 3

Date Posted: 26 July 2008 at 11:09pm

This is the question I asked about Isa!

Why do Arabs call Jesus Isa?  We get Jesus from the Greek which is still incorrect- why change a person's name to fit your language?  A name should stay the same in any language, but where does Isa come from?!?.

Yeshua is considered to be Mighty GOD by many Christians.

Believer, perhaps that was a very good reason for changing from Yeshua to Isa. Because Yeshua was the Mighty God. Islam does not believe in any other God except One. You were trying to have another beside Him being called Yeshua. Surely your father God was not called Yeshua. But the other son God was being called Yeshua. That also being the Mighty One.

So in order to avoid that complication, Allah gave us the name of that prophet as Isa. If you can call him Jesus, why we cannot call him Isa? You made alteration in his name and it is all over the place as Jesus.

We have the name Isa which does not mean a god. That should suit you too because you also believe in One God only. So you can have your father God, the one only, and leave his offspring (Yeshua) alone please.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 July 2008 at 7:29am
minuteman - I think I have confused you. 

The word yeshua means salvation.

GOD's Word was made flesh by YHWH and named Yeshua.

What do Arab Christians call Jesus?

-------------
John 3

Date Posted: 27 July 2008 at 11:15pm

minuteman - I think I have confused you. 

The word yeshua means salvation.

GOD's Word was made flesh by YHWH and named Yeshua.

What do Arab Christians call Jesus?

�Yahweh is an English rendition of יהוה, the Name of God as found in the consonantal Hebrew text. These four http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_alphabet - Hebrew letters (יהוה), known as the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetragrammaton - Tetragrammaton , are transliterated JHWH in German, and YHWH, YHVH, JHWH and JHVH in English.�-from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

Date Posted: 28 July 2008 at 5:36pm

Pslam 83

I just think you do not want to listen to see!

Nice. Another of your absolute deflections from a point given to you. You are working on your second warning. If you continue to shrug off any resonsibility to properly respond to points given to you, and continue to just repeat yourself, you will find yourself in a second warning. If you make claims, you are expected to respond to replies, beyond just copy and pastes, and simple "one liners"...."you just do not understand"..."you just do not want to see'.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 July 2008 at 11:52pm

to andalus

one can only repeat the truth, because it does not change

Posted By: myahya
Date Posted: 30 July 2008 at 4:57am
Yes, one should also notice that whatever, even being repeated, is not the truth necessarily.

Date Posted: 01 August 2008 at 9:57am
Originally posted by myahya myahya wrote:

Yes, one should also notice that whatever, even being repeated, is not the truth necessarily.

If it is in line with The Bible then it is!

Date Posted: 01 August 2008 at 10:45pm

to andalus

one can only repeat the truth, because it does not change

The fact of the matter Robin is that you have failed to state any fact or truth, and you have been given solid reasons that your statements are fallacies and lackluster, and you continue to obfuscate, and shrug off any responsibility to argue your outrageous, and juvenile claims. Your repetition is more like a mantra of a fool who is unable to fully understand their own beliefs, and can only repeate slogans and irrational blither.

Your continuous mantras are tiresome. I am done with you and will now close this thread. Please beware that I will be monitoring your activity and if you continue on your current path, and if I recieve any complaints, I will give you a second warning.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 August 2008 at 10:51pm

Originally posted by myahya myahya wrote:

If it is in line with The Bible then it is!

Please take an introductory course on critical thinking to learn what consitutes a fact, a truth, vs an interpretation, proof, assertion, and conclusion. Your slogans and mantras are extremely tiresome. Your sect is so poorly devoid of theological work, that it could not even copy the Arian heresy correctly and have created a modalistic God that leads to such an irraitonal conclusion of a divine being in great need of psychological counseling. Your sect even reverted to a 3rd and 4th century practice of manipulating scripture to fit the theology, which, as Bart Ehrman has shown, is a bit of piouse fraud commited by all groups.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net