Print Page | Close Window

CELEBRATION OF PROPHET�S BIRTHDAY

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: General Islamic Matter
Forum Description: Discuss Islamic matters/issues that not covered by other sub catagories
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12015
Printed Date: 20 April 2024 at 10:20am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: CELEBRATION OF PROPHET�S BIRTHDAY
Posted By: Truth_light24
Subject: CELEBRATION OF PROPHET�S BIRTHDAY
Date Posted: 14 March 2008 at 6:19pm

The celebration of the birthday of the Prophet is one of those "Contemporary Innovations".  Contemporary Bid�ah are numerous due to the distant time span which separates the Muslim today from the Prophetic era, the scarcity of knowledge, and the large number of promoters of Bid�ah and violations in Islamic adherence. Resembling the infidel�s costum and rituals is another reason, as the foretold by the Prophet:

�You certainly shall follow the tracks of those before you�. At-Tirmidhi

Ignorant Muslims and deviant scholars celebrate the month of Rabi al-Awal, the Messengers birthday. Some hold this function in masjeed and some at homes while others in designated places that are prepared for this purpose.  Large number attend such celebration, copying the Christians in their Bid�ah of celebrating Christmas. Such celebration also include some polytheistic practices and objectionable things such as reciting litanies that include excessive praising of the Prophet of Allah. The prophet forbade revering him excessively:

�Do not adulate me as the Christians adulate the son of Maryam, I am only human, therefore, call me the slave of Allah and His Messenger.� (Bukhari and Muslim)

-------------
And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59

Replies:
Posted By: minuteman
Date Posted: 14 March 2008 at 11:10pm

Very true and simple. But who will make the Brelvi muslims believe that !  They are fully ready to celebrate the B day of the prophet in many forms, in a form of huge processions on the streets.

It seems that it is a reply to the Shias who do something on the streets on 10 Muharram every year. I feel that the best thing to do about the celebartion of the birth of the holy prophet is to do some sessions explaining his way of life  (i.e. his seerat).

-------------
If any one is bad some one must suffer

Posted By: poga
Date Posted: 15 March 2008 at 9:49am

Mrs Be Aql Khan Usta : On the night of MIRAJ at the birth place of CHRIST Baitulham
MUHAMMAD Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallim and Jibraeel Alahi Sallam
Praised ALLAH for his birth with SALATH DUROOD and SALAM
And CHRIST said in true INJEEL
Comforter will come by ALLAH'S will
And Comforter will remain with you forever
Yes he said forever because he is the HAYATUN NABI the Immortal chair
This living SANSAR only exist because of his Immortal KURSI
Therefore he who forbids the MILADUN NABI he who commits the HERESY

from SWEETSWORDS 111 [ Most Distressed Durood ]

�Do not adulate me as the Christians adulate the son of Maryam, I am only human, therefore, call me the slave of Allah and His Messenger.� (Bukhari and Muslim)

-------------
awal

Posted By: imp87
Date Posted: 16 March 2008 at 9:12am

Can i ask what is meant by celebration? or lets say what do people actually do?

So what if there is a talk that is held on this day about the life of our Prophet Muhhamed s.a.w.

I mean a simple talk about his life? but happens to be on this day.

Do we go or not? how does anyone know the intentions of the dozens of people who attend these events? I am asking because there are sincere people out there who go to learn something and not for party and fun.

Posted By: hat2010
Date Posted: 16 March 2008 at 9:42am
quote:  "Ignorant Muslims and deviant scholars"

Now that's what I call a party!

My house is filled with family and smiling faces returning from mosque to celebrate the birthday of the Prophet - henna being done up on the women returning from the local coiffure.   I smell incense from Saudi and probably Malaysian jowee.  It is a beautiful spring day today, t'barak Allah.

Enjoy yourselves and love God, his Prophets and some decent food, y'all...

Posted By: rami
Date Posted: 16 March 2008 at 12:18pm
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

assalamu alaikum

"Ignorant Muslims and deviant scholars"

If you dont know how to discuss a topic then dont say anything at all, how do you know that every scholar in History that condoned mawlid was a deviant....the answer is you dont, you are simply shooting your mouth of and insulting some people allah loves, as they say in contemporary times "sucks to be you" on the big day.

The celebration of the birthday of the Prophet is one of those "Contemporary Innovations".

i can only draw one of two conclusions about this point, you are either ignorant of the history of mawlid or you are just learning to speak english, dont worry we where all there at one point in time including myself. You cant describe something that has existed in islam for more than a thousand years as contemporary, maybe you should research the topic properly beffore calling various ulumah deviant for no reason.....if remembering the prophet is deviant then what are you by that standard?

you are stetching the meaning of this hadith to mean that one should not praise the prophet in ANY sence, a haram thing advocate for obvious reasons, what you legaly have to prove is that people are going to extremes in what they do like the shia on ashura becouse rasul allah [sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam] was using the christians as an example of extreme veneration not as an example against ANY type of veneration.

Our Uluma took there nafs out of the equation when studying these ahadith they didnt bend and twist the meanings towards there personal bias like you are doing.

�You certainly shall follow the tracks of those before you�. At-Tirmidhi

if this was ever a hadith against "any type" of imitation of christians then why dont we stop using the solar calander  or rather the "gregorian" calender [
decreed by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Gregory_XIII" title="Pope Gregory XIII - Pope Gregory XIII , after whom it was named, on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_24" title="February 24 - 24 February http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1582" title="1582 - 1582 by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_bull" title="Papal bull - papal bull http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter_gravissimas" title="Inter gravissimas - Inter gravissimas ]. He wasnt reffering to things which have a benefit in them such as remembrance and certainly wasnt intending outlawing things for the simple sake of them being new, if this is the key principle in your legal theory that you are attempting to establish then you should quickly stop using the internet br and not bother coming onto this forum anylonger its a bidah that wasnt around in the prophets time.....no doubt your commen sence will override this obvious truth [that it wasnt around] so why doesnt it override the misconception you have about mawlid.

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Date Posted: 16 March 2008 at 2:39pm

The celebration in the form of discussing the life (Seerat) of the prophet s.a.w.s. is alright. That is necessary. But what goes on in India and Pakistan in the name of the prophet's birthday may not be the approved way.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2008 at 5:07pm
Yes, minuteman. There are lots of innovations being done nowadays on how people celebrate the birth of the Prophet. To love him is to make him realize his mission to us, to follow the commands of Allah the best that we can and be sincere in our belief.

I am not a scholar either but I read and I think no one here is a scholar. I just post here what I read and believe in with a support from either ayah or hadith and its up to those who read it if they agree or not. I dont like debates.

Sorry if "ignorant" words made you react that way but I dont have other terms to use other than that.

-------------
And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59

Posted By: rami
Date Posted: 16 March 2008 at 7:42pm
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

Then dont generalise this to all people on earth or use words like deviant its not hard to rephrase something. Ive been to many mawlids were nothing bad occurs so should we now say they are also haram....NO....you should condition your statment by saying "mawlids in which bidah occurs" are haram to attend.

what you are saying is all mawlids are haram.

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Date Posted: 16 March 2008 at 8:07pm

SWEETSWORDS 111 [ Most distressed DUROOD ]

BISMILLAH

By Poga Humayun Dundiwala

Peace be upon you
YA MUHAMMADUR RASUL ALLAHU
Peace be upon you
YA HABIB ALLAHU
Peace be upon you
Oh messenger of ALLAH
Peace be upon you
YA RASUL ALLAH

Without you oh our Lord
We would be worshiping fabricated ideas and fashioned idols as our GOD
You set us free by binding us with rope of ISLAM
YA MUHAMMADUR RASUL ALLAH to you we offer our DUROOD and SALAM

Peace be upon you
YA MUHAMMADUR RASUL ALLAHU
Peace be upon you
YA HABIB ALLAHU
Peace be upon you
Oh messenger of ALLAH
Peace be upon you
YA RASUL ALLAH

Without you oh our Savior
We would be without light of AL QURAN living in the darkness of AL KUFFAR
You let us be by stopping us within the bound of ISLAM
To you we offer our grateful greetings oh Prophet of ALLAH
MUHAMMAD Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallam

Poga Say's in a foolington Maze

Please admit us in your MAKAM
Oh MEHBOOB Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallam
Oh beloved please let us admit
Oh beloved please let us submit under your lotus feet
Oh love oh our Rabb YA RASUL ALLAH
Oh love oh Wahab YA HABIB ALLAH
Please don't nullify our relation
Please accept our liaison
Please accept us in your MAKAM
Oh MEHBOOB Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallam

Mrs Be Aql Khan Usta : MUHAMMAD ya RASULULLAH MUHAMMAD ya RASULULLAH
SHADATH Granter Give me LILLAH
MUHAMMAD ya RASULULLAH MUHAMMAD ya RASULULLAH
SHAFAWATH Granter Give me LILLAH

HEEDAYATH Granter Give me LILLAH
NASIHATH Granter Give me LILLAH

SHARIATH Granter Give me LILLAH
MARRIAFATH Giver Give me LILLAH

WASILATH Ganter Give me LILLAH
FAZILATH Ganter Give me LILLAH

Mr Barzakh Ullah : To direct EAR
To all hearing DURBAR
To the grave of MUHAMMAD
Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallm
To you i send my most distressed Durood and Salam
To you i send all my greetings direct oh my LORD
Because the Khariji Say's you cannot hear a single word
They say it is the Angels who convey all our DUROOD
They fail to understand it is the same Angels also report our daily deeds to our MABUD
It is the same Angels who convey our earthly activity to the Heavenly Throne
Does this DALIL means ALLAH the all hearing cannot hear this Earthen Zone
If it is the only DALIL without Angels MUHAMMAD
Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallim cannot hear
Then it is the same Faristha needed to convey everything to the Divine DURBAR
No to understand this deadly Bayan
Go back to MUHAMMAD Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallim Bestowing to the living creation the Eternal AL QURAN
During those day's he passed by a graveyard
And prayed for the dead and told the SHAHABA what he heard
He said the dead told him they were KAFFIR and now they are suffering
Now tell me KHARIJITE were are the Angels between dead and the living doing conveying and ushering
Yes indeed MUHAMMAD Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallim
Could hear the Living and Dead directly because that is his living Sifath
Now he can hear the living and Dead directly after his Immortal Ufath
So Say you Most Distressed DUROODS direct to the Prophet of ALLAH
La Illaha Illel La MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH
So Say Ya Nabi Salam Alaika Ya Rasul Salam Alaika
Ya Habib Salam Alaika Sala Wa Tullah Alaika
Ya MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallim
Please accept our DUROOD oh Prophet of ALLAH the AL AZIM

Mrs Be Aql Khan Usta : On the night of MIRAJ at the birth place of CHRIST Baitulham
MUHAMMAD Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallim and Jibraeel Alahi Sallam
Praised ALLAH for his birth with SALATH DUROOD and SALAM
And CHRIST said in true INJEEL
Comforter will come by ALLAH'S will
And Comforter will remain with you forever
Yes he said forever because he is the HAYATUN NABI the Immortal chair
This living SANSAR only exist because of his Immortal KURSI
Therefore he who forbids the MILADUN NABI he who commits the HERESY
It was because of true testimony of Jesus Christ
The comforter acknowledged his suffering at the Miraj Night
And the comforter said oh my suffering UMMAH
Jesus will return on day of JUMMAH
He will return to kill the DAJJAL and to save the MUSLIM
Therefore BARZAKH send your DUROOD and SALAM
To the comforter MUHAMMAD Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa SallAm
MILADUN NABI is the Prophetic and Angelic SUNNAH
So say Ya Nabi Salam Alaika
Ya Rasul Salam Alaika
Ya Habib Salam Alaika
Ya MUHAMMAD Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallim
............................................................ ..........

He [�Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily!
I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet
And He has made me blessed wherever I be
And has enjoined on me Salat (prayer), and Zakat (charity), as long as I live.
And dutiful to my mother, and made me not arrogant, unblest
And Salam (peace) be upon me
The day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!
[ AL QURAN chapter 19 ]

John chapter 14 verse 16
And I will pray the Father
And he shall give you another Comforter
That he may abide with you forever

-------------
awal

Posted By: dp75
Date Posted: 17 March 2008 at 5:38am

As-Salamu Alaikum,

There is nothing wrong in looking back and discussing the life of the Prophet(saaws) in a gathering.  The problem is to dedicate this day to one specific day like his so called birthday, which no one really knows which day it really was do we?  Did the Sahaba's(raa) ever do this?  The people after them? 

If we do a history search on the celebration of birthdays we wil find a evil practice of shirk associated with birthdays.  We should not associate this pagan practice with our beloved Prophet(saaws). 

Muslims should remember the Prophet everyday by obeying him, making the five daily prayers and thing like this.  We should not associate one day to praise his life and discuss his life like Muslims have done in these times.  Some Masjids never have any gatherings to discuss the life of the Prophet(saaws) except on this day.  That is wrong and it is bidah. 

Date Posted: 17 March 2008 at 6:07am

Dp75:

There is nothing wrong in looking back and discussing the life of the Prophet(saaws) in a gathering.  The problem is to dedicate this day to one specific day like his so called birthday, which no one really knows which day it really was do we?  Did the Sahaba's(raa) ever do this?  The people after them? 

So on this day should people not go to mosque and talk about the prophet s.a.w just because it might be our nabi�s Bday and because you cant get your head around the fact that they do not celebrate the Bday but only remember the life of our prophet s.a.w and read some Quran?

Is it better people go outside to party on these days? rather then be in mosque, learn something and maybe pray once in their life.

And before you say we should be doing that everyday, well yeah we should, but reality is most people do not, reality is a lot of people go mosque only in Ramadan or Juma, and if this day is going to be a day where people go to the mosque and maybe Insallah sort themselves out, then I see no problem with that personally. But mainly because none of you produced hard evidence that it is �shirk�.

I do not understand you people, just because a handful of people do wrong, you call the whole thing �bidah� and �shirk�. None of you have even produced a hadith or Quran verse that says saying it is shirk, stop accusing people of things they do not do, you lot are not doing justice at all.

By the way, i am not referring to whether the celebration of bday is allowed or not, im just wondering why some are so against the idea of going to Masjid on these days and learning.

And when one of you post something from a website can you please and please post the link of it below, especially if it is a rulling, so we know exactly who these ideas are coming from.

Date Posted: 17 March 2008 at 6:56am
Rami, you are always in a "debate mode". We are not debating here, we are sharing knowledge. If you think you need to correct something, there is no harm in telling it in a nice word, something not in compelling mode. You seemed to always in a  mode....you scare me

If am wrong, am not ashame to say am wrong and you are right. and in this case...yes! thats what I mean "mawlids in which bidah occurs" are haram to attend".. I stand corrected and thank you very much.

-------------

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 17 March 2008 at 7:19am

As'Salamu Alaikum,

Imp87, as dp75 said we need not dedicate a day for celebating Prophet's B'day. It does n't mean u stop going to mosque or discuss of Prophet Muhammad { sallal lahu alahi wasallam } that day. It all depends of intention. If you intend to listen them to refresh your Imaan and learn from the seerah, then its Ok. Secondly , in such gatherings of Mawlid, most of the people {Pls note most of the people not all } exaggerate our Prophet so it may lead to shirk. Infact masjids are the best places to learn deen.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 17 March 2008 at 7:31am

Here at sub-continents , it is a practice that on this day, they open up doors for people to view the hair of Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wa sallam  or we call it Muay Mubarak, and people start up commiting shirk there. I mean they touch the box and make duas and commit all other wrong acts. They exaggerate Prophet saying that he the Giver and He is everything. Thus, it opens up doors of shirk . Anyways, we can go that day like any other day to the Masjids to learn deen and refresh our imaan.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 17 March 2008 at 8:32am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Here at sub-continents , it is a practice that on this day, they open up doors for people to view the hair of Prophet sallal lahu alaihi wa sallam  or we call it Muay Mubarak, and people start up commiting shirk there. I mean they touch the box and make duas and commit all other wrong acts. They exaggerate Prophet saying that he the Giver and He is everything. Thus, it opens up doors of shirk . Anyways, we can go that day like any other day to the Masjids to learn deen and refresh our imaan.

thank you seek for very good post

it is the reason i say SUFISWINES it is they who turned HALAL into HARAM

it is very simple what is HARAM it is HARAM everyday and what is HARAM and what is HALAL is clear in SHARIAH

therefore visiting graves or celebrating birthday is not HARAM

it will become HARAM like any other day if one commits HARAM act

it is this SUFISWINES turned our shrines into temples and KHARIJI who thinks every grave is temple

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 17 March 2008 at 8:56am

Seekshidayath:

As'Salamu Alaikum,

Imp87, as dp75 said we need not dedicate a day for celebating Prophet's B'day. It does n't mean u stop going to mosque or discuss of Prophet Muhammad { sallal lahu alahi wasallam } that day. It all depends of intention. If you intend to listen them to refresh your Imaan and learn from the seerah, then its Ok. Secondly , in such gatherings of Mawlid, most of the people {Pls note most of the people not all } exaggerate our Prophet so it may lead to shirk. Infact masjids are the best places to learn deen.

Note: not most of the people do that! most go there to learn and no not commit the shirk you are talking about. I do not care what a handful of people do, stop hand picking a few wrongers and blaming every act that you can not accept.

And read my post properly, I did not say we dedicate a day like that (a Bday), but I am asking what is wrong with going to it, just because it is, or happens to fall on that so called day. As you said there is nothing wrong to go mosque to learn! on these so called days.

If any of you are concerned about it so much, then ask your local imams, but actually you all seem to know the intentions of every man and why they go to these meetings, so go to your mosques, make a day there where you can talk about prophets s.a.w life without �committing shirk�, you might actually divert people from real �shirk� then.

I hope you all realize one day that you are taking peoples sins upon yourselves by saying people commit shirk and harram by generalizing like some are doing here.

And please, the average Muslims knows the difference between Allah c.c and our Prophet Muhammed s.a.w. This is like one of the madhab topics, never goes anywhere, so have fun im out.

Date Posted: 17 March 2008 at 12:06pm

I never said that going to the masjid and talking about the life of the Prophet(saaws) is shirk, I said that the idea of birthday celebrations and if you take the time to look at the history comes from shirk.  Celebrating birthdays comes from shirk.  I have seen some Masjids call this day EID, the Prophet(saaws) said we only have TWO Eids so how can someone now say we have three?  It's Bidah, the Prophet(saaws) said all bidah in the deen is in the fire.  So just because an act seems good doesn't mean it is good.  Can we pray 7 rakahs for Isha instead of 4?  It is more prostration and more bowing but no one would say this is okay will they? 

What does Mawlid mean?  I have been told it means birthday, is this true, can anyone confirm this?  So if the Masjid is promoting a night of lectures on EID Al-Mawlid Nabi, does this not mean celebrating the birth of the Prophet(saaws)?  This should not be encouraged.  What should be encouraged is to give lectures monthy or weekly and invite the Muslims community to the Masjid.  Or you can do what the Prophet(saaws) actually did and that is give a brief lecture after the salat.  Now of course that will only benefit the Muslims that go to the Masjid but like I said have lectures on a monthly or weekly or bi-weekly basis and invite.  Don't say once a year will have a lecture on the day we believe the Prophet(saaws) was born. 

The problem with doing it this day is to say it is his birthday and whenver you go to the Masjids you will hear Imams say this.  We should have days throughout the year invite the community to the Masjid not just once a year.  Maybe only a few will come but at least those few will continue to hear about what Islam is and insha'Allah Allah will open their heart. 

Bidah in worship is haram and this is from the Prophet(saaws).

If someone can provide evidence from Quran and Sunnah I am all for it but there isn't any.  No one can even provide evidence from the Companians(raa) or the scholars after them. 

I understand it is good to get Muslims into the Masjid and maybe their heart insha'Allah will open up but doing it the wrong way is not the right way.  We have to do things according to Islam wether that attracts people to Islam or not it is not our job, our job is to present Islam and that's all.  Allah has completed our religion, who are we to add to it?

If people want to do this don't say Islam says it's okay or it is a part of the deen because many Imams do that and this is wrong.  You are fooling people that have limited knowledge in the deen and it just confuses them.

Date Posted: 17 March 2008 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by imp87 imp87 wrote:

Seekshidayath:

If any of you are concerned about it so much, then ask your local imams, but actually you all seem to know the intentions of every man and why they go to these meetings, so go to your mosques, make a day there where you can talk about prophets s.a.w life without �committing shirk�, you might actually divert people from real �shirk� then.

I did that and the answer I got was he showed me a fork and asked me to provide evidence where in the Quran or Sunnah it says to use this.  Of course this makes absolutely no sense since using a fork has nothing to do with ibbadah, neither does technology, bidah(inovations) in technology is okay but no matter how many times I said this to him he continued to tell me everyone does bidah.  So you can't get a true explanation or one that even makes sense if you ask because there is no evidence for it so they will come up with anything. 

Another Imam I asked he started discussing about how the Imams in Mecca and Medina during their khutabahs are talking about slaughtering animals while Muslims all over are dying.  So his point is why stop Muslims from doing this.   You see no evidence at all when you ask all the replies you will get back will not even be logical accoriding to Islam but yet will fool ignorant Muslims. 

I specifically asked him if it was okay according to Islam and the question was avoided and this Imam is considered a Scholar. 

Posted By: Aminah07
Date Posted: 17 March 2008 at 4:14pm

Assalamu'Alaikum br's and sr's,

Well I'd just like to add that on one of my first trips to Egypt many years ago it just happened to be during the Prophets(pbuh) birthday.

In Egypt they do make surgar candy statues for the kids I couldn't really tell of what but it looked like the kids enjoyed them. There was a parade in the cities we were further out and our family just got together read Quran and had a nice meal along with our regular daily events.

I was surprised I hadn't expected it but I think it's what you do with your time.

Over there everyone works 6 days a week and the kids go to school year round so if the government wants to give everyone a day off and you choose to read Quran and have a nice meal with your family I don't see anything wrong with it...We do the same thing here in the US on Thanksgiving.

JazakAllahuKhair 

Date Posted: 17 March 2008 at 6:52pm
In everything that we do is base on intention and only Allah can know that... In every deeds that we do we should always watch out not to commit SHIRK. Shirk is a sin Allah wont forgive unless you repent from it and those committing it and die in that state, Jahannam is his final abode...Quran 4:48 

"Verily, All�h forgives not that partners should be set up with him in worship, but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He pleases, and whoever sets up partners with All�h in worship, he has indeed invented a tremendous sin."

Islam is a moderate religion. The Prophet said:

Ibn Mas'ud reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Those who make things hard for themselves will be destroyed." He said it three times. [Muslin] 

Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The deen is easy. Anyone who makes the deen too hard on himself will find it becomes too much for him. So aim for what is right, follow a middle path, accept the good news of the reward for right action, and seek help [to reach your goal by being constant in worshipping] in the morning, evening and some of the night."[al-Bukhari]

Allah says, "Ta Ha. We did not send down the Qur'an to you to make you miserable," (20:1)

and the Almighty says, "Allah desires ease for you; He does not desire difficulty for you." (W2:184; H2:185)

So lets not make it hard on us..Just avoid SHIRK that will lead us to JAHANNAM and make Allah angry and wont have His Mercy on us. Muslim do good deeds purposely to please Allah and please Him we should be.....ameen.

-------------

Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 17 March 2008 at 9:24pm

I am going to edit my January 21st post on Moharram  a similar thread for this one!

I would disagree with � The celebration of the birthday of the Prophet is one of those "Contemporary Innovations".

It started some around 11th century Fatimid Egypt and has gone through various versions in different Muslim lands.

But the way the date and calendar being used I would agree that the Muslims involved in this are totally ignorant of basic rules in the say totally ignorant way of doing this occasion; involvement of a bunch Islamic rulers being  part of this notwithstanding!

And if I tell you pull your driver�s license how many would read the birthday in Lunar dates, I bet it would be none of you guys! The celebration of birthdays is not unknown amongst the immigrant Muslims� children at least in the west! And none would use Lunar dates cuz it is not part of the recorded birth information.

!
Now how can you go along the Prophet�s birth day by a system that doesn�t repeat the same day and conditions on yearly basis but takes 36.5 years to do that! Look at the sample chart below:

And the celebration of his birthday wasn�t done for say for almost four hundred years!

Not that people stopped praying Daroods in salaats in those four centuries! 

It hardly phases to the multitude who can't think on their own and will have a party for anything! Folks are getting ready for the Milad party cuz  some select Islamic centers and now even some Halal restaurants have  sent  fliers that  12th of Rabi ulAwwal is here again and it will be on March 20th for the Sunnis and 17th of Rabi'-ul-Awwal for
(Shi'a) dates on Solar Year

Sunni                 Shia

2008    March 20         March 25

2009    March 9           March 14

2010    February 26     March 3

2011    February 15     February 20

2012    February 4       February 9

2013    January 24        January 29

& in 2025    September 4

Do you see the 2025 weather condition of the day went totally opposite from a Spring day to Fall day in 18 years time span.

All I can say the most numskulls can�t see this cuz the pobres are illiterate without the faculty of seeing things in their proper perspective. This being heliocentric world than the geocentric and the religious people's mindset and the moon dates being every thing. I bet some of them still think the earth is flat. I would love to celebrate his birth day if it was known for certain on the calendar we live our lives by!

Now take the case of Imam Hussain�s martyrdom that happened in the middle of hot summer and you know the Shiit did the memorial a couple of months back  in the middle of  winter! Isn�t that a moronic closed mind that it has to be in Mohrram cuz they only knew the Lunar calendar then! They have turned a day's event into a event like the revelation of Quraan in Ramadan!

For God sake how is it possible to have a self flagellation procession during snow and sleet storm in middle of the winter season at least in northern hemisphere?(Let's take city of Chicago) How can they be such knuckleheads listen all the Majalis and fake  expressions of thirst.  I have seen these immigrants  who are so close minded as are their folks in the subcontinent or ME! And we talk about the Christians!

Conversely the revelation of Quran in lunar month of Ramadan and that month a becoming period of fasting to be universal! It was such superbly fantastic thing to do that it is mind boggling! And I don�t think most Muslims have understood the concept as yet even after their diaspora!

It is such a just system that He gave to the Muslims cuz at the time only Allah being the creator knew how our heliocentric system is designed and how the humans are scattered around the globe contrary to the Catholic church's original teaching that either the earth was flat or the world was geocentric!

This way the Muslims as we see them now living almost in every part of the globe can enjoy the Ramadan under the equalization principle northern hemispheres fast durations with southern hemisphere cuz the lengths of the fast varying according to locations in respective hemispheres in opposite seasons in the prevailing weather conditions!

It is just an amazing setup with most people not realizing this fact! Allah distributes his blessings thru Ramadan month varying by 10 days through all the seasons around the globe and on the average. The Muslims get two rounds of it if the age is averaged around 72 years!
Subahnallah!

IF some one can explain this to a disbeliever it should be enough evidence about the veracity of Islamic faith!

So far the this bidah thing is concerned I think the Muslims after becoming colonized and losing the freedoms and respect we shouldn't make such abig deal out of it! The colonial masters doing one thing or another to degrade our Prophet from the place of honor! Does it really matter having a party to sing few Nasheeds/ naats tell stories about his seerah etc come to think of it!

It about time to do some heavy research and mark it on the calendar! So we don't have to be told every year by a flier for the party.
And stop rotating it through the calendar, it is too confusing a concept for our children that
their birth day comes same time every year and Prophets' moves back by ten days

Is it a case of Cognitive dissonance or Double think which is it? or both

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Date Posted: 18 March 2008 at 5:36am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

I am going to edit my January 21st post on Moharram  a similar thread for this one!

I would disagree with � The celebration of the birthday of the Prophet is one of those "Contemporary Innovations".

It started some around 11th century Fatimid Egypt and has gone through various versions in different Muslim lands.

But the way the date and calendar being used I would agree that the Muslims involved in this are totally ignorant of basic rules in the say totally ignorant way of doing this occasion; involvement of a bunch Islamic rulers being  part of this notwithstanding!

And if I tell you pull your driver�s license how many would read the birthday in Lunar dates, I bet it would be none of you guys! The celebration of birthdays is not unknown amongst the immigrant Muslims� children at least in the west! And none would use Lunar dates cuz it is not part of the recorded birth information.

!
Now how can you go along the Prophet�s birth day by a system that doesn�t repeat the same day and conditions on yearly basis but takes 36.5 years to do that! Look at the sample chart below:

And the celebration of his birthday wasn�t done for say for almost four hundred years!

Not that people stopped praying Daroods in salaats in those four centuries! 

It hardly phases to the multitude who can't think on their own and will have a party for anything! Folks are getting ready for the Milad party cuz  some select Islamic centers and now even some Halal restaurants have  sent  fliers that  12th of Rabi ulAwwal is here again and it will be on March 20th for the Sunnis and 17th of Rabi'-ul-Awwal for
(Shi'a) dates on Solar Year

Sunni                 Shia

2008    March 20         March 25

2009    March 9           March 14

2010    February 26     March 3

2011    February 15     February 20

2012    February 4       February 9

2013    January 24        January 29

& in 2025    September 4

Do you see the 2025 weather condition of the day went totally opposite from a Spring day to Fall day in 18 years time span.

All I can say the most numskulls can�t see this cuz the pobres are illiterate without the faculty of seeing things in their proper perspective. This being heliocentric world than the geocentric and the religious people's mindset and the moon dates being every thing. I bet some of them still think the earth is flat. I would love to celebrate his birth day if it was known for certain on the calendar we live our lives by!

Now take the case of Imam Hussain�s martyrdom that happened in the middle of hot summer and you know the Shiit did the memorial a couple of months back  in the middle of  winter! Isn�t that a moronic closed mind that it has to be in Mohrram cuz they only knew the Lunar calendar then! They have turned a day's event into a event like the revelation of Quraan in Ramadan!

For God sake how is it possible to have a self flagellation procession during snow and sleet storm in middle of the winter season at least in northern hemisphere?(Let's take city of Chicago) How can they be such knuckleheads listen all the Majalis and fake  expressions of thirst.  I have seen these immigrants  who are so close minded as are their folks in the subcontinent or ME! And we talk about the Christians!

Conversely the revelation of Quran in lunar month of Ramadan and that month a becoming period of fasting to be universal! It was such superbly fantastic thing to do that it is mind boggling! And I don�t think most Muslims have understood the concept as yet even after their diaspora!

It is such a just system that He gave to the Muslims cuz at the time only Allah being the creator knew how our heliocentric system is designed and how the humans are scattered around the globe contrary to the Catholic church's original teaching that either the earth was flat or the world was geocentric!

This way the Muslims as we see them now living almost in every part of the globe can enjoy the Ramadan under the equalization principle northern hemispheres fast durations with southern hemisphere cuz the lengths of the fast varying according to locations in respective hemispheres in opposite seasons in the prevailing weather conditions!

It is just an amazing setup with most people not realizing this fact! Allah distributes his blessings thru Ramadan month varying by 10 days through all the seasons around the globe and on the average. The Muslims get two rounds of it if the age is averaged around 72 years!
Subahnallah!

IF some one can explain this to a disbeliever it should be enough evidence about the veracity of Islamic faith!

So far the this bidah thing is concerned I think the Muslims after becoming colonized and losing the freedoms and respect we shouldn't make such abig deal out of it! The colonial masters doing one thing or another to degrade our Prophet from the place of honor! Does it really matter having a party to sing few Nasheeds/ naats tell stories about his seerah etc come to think of it!

It about time to do some heavy research and mark it on the calendar! So we don't have to be told every year by a flier for the party.
And stop rotating it through the calendar, it is too confusing a concept for our children that
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->their birth day comes same time every year and Prophets' moves back by ten days

Is it a case of Cognitive dissonance or Double think which is it? or both
<!--[endif]-->

Mr Barzakh Fitrah Ullah : Holy Prophet MUHAMMAD Sallel La Hu Aalahi Wa Sallim said
Khariji is evil Khariji is no good
Therefore it is logical this Khariji will hate the most sacred Dua and DUROOD
They hate MILAD E MUSTAFA the holy birthday party
Oh BE AQL they are the dirty people how can they know about the Pius and piety
Khajirite is the person who had shaven head and open ankle
He understood the manifest QURANIC majeja but knew not about the SHUNNATC miracle
Therefore to recognize his progeny see who is the fanatic about the AL QURAN and about SUNNAH who is mad
Because Khariji is the person who strictly adheres to AL QURAN and SUNNAH by performing the SALAH with full view ankle and hidden empty head
They will uphold QURAN and SUNNAH yet they will do what was done by theirs Khariji forefather
And theirs forefather became Khariji not for ISLAMIC Akhida but for his KUFFAR behavior
He insulted the HOLY Prophet by turning his back
He doubted who is beyond all doubt according to the ALLAH the AL HAQQ
Now to recognize his progeny see not theirs Shariatic AML but look for theirs KAFFIR hobby
See they too have NAMAZ RUJA HAJJ JAKAH but the lack the MILADUN NABI
See they follow QURANIC decrees and SUNNAHTIC Arkan and Ahkam
Yet according to the AL HADIS the all will go to the belly of the JAHANNAM
Because after ARKAN and AHKAM the only thing the differ is the MILADUN NABI and the AHLE BAITH
They are all KAFFIRS because the differ on the foundation of what wrong and what is right
So YA NABI SALAM ALAIKA
YA RASUL SALAM ALAIKA
YA HABIB SALAM ALAIKA
SALAWA THULLA ALAIKA

from SWEETSWORDS 111 [ Msot Distressed DUROOD ]

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 18 March 2008 at 12:01pm
poga:
What do you smoke or chew on?
May be too much chewing of the Bangali bittle leaves, that you have to derail the threads with your Anglicized Bungali poetry!
Who are you trying to impress with this stuff?
You are  in your colonial master's lap and talk about the Kharjites, what balderdash!
Is it the Crab (Lunatic effect from the moon) sign effect that you don't pay attention to the FORUM GUIDELINES?
The forum moderators have tried but to no effect

-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 18 March 2008 at 12:44pm

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

poga:
What do you smoke or chew on?

I somehow get the impression it's not that simple.

Date Posted: 18 March 2008 at 7:05pm

Bro. Sign Reader, even your poetry is like that of Poga, Why don't you start up writing it ? But yes, kindly don't share it here.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 March 2008 at 7:22am

OMG, some of you are funny, I called someone an idiot on this forum once because they kept posting irrelevant arguments into the topic. Anyway about four people were �disgusted� with my term �idiot� and kept posting a �fatwa� or �advice� about my manners lol.

But I see calling people a Kaffir is no problem, nothing about manners i see.

Ah maybe this is why we are so going �<======� that way, instead of �=======>� that way. We argue over little things like a Bday when peoples lands are invaded, bad use of resources my friends.

Oh by the way, i mean no offence so please do not post things about my manners and call me a kaffir now.

Date Posted: 21 March 2008 at 12:39pm

It is all full of lies. If these people have left islam, it is very good. They can leave. But they should not leave the use of truth. What they have done was wrong. But let it be so. No harm if they left islam. They were surely unfit for Islam any way.

The important thing to know now is where they have landed. Did the writer have the courage to tell what faith is he/she following now?  Or they all Hindus now? or christians? Or Jews or Budhists. Or atheists??

If that faith is told then we will judge the mental stage of the apostates.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 March 2008 at 4:27pm
Mods
Thanks for the quick response on deleting the spam from I forgot the name already thingamajig ettx1976 or what ever thanks again!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net