URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11673
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 2:31pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: A question to the youth
Posted By: seekshidayath
Subject: A question to the youth
Date Posted: 25 January 2008 at 11:56pm

As'Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

My dear members, this section is for the Youth and its creeping ! Is it not a sad note for us. Where is all the spirit and joy of Islam?  Its no where seen in this section.

Even am here for the first time . But i wish we concetrate over this section and just blast all our ideas and excitements etc ,  Let this section not be OLD. It represents the youth on an Islamic site

Anyways, that was a reminder. Right now, i wish you all to express your thoughts over this topic. Be honest

"How do i work for the spread of Islam"

Your answer shall be an inspiration for all of us. By this we shall also know what you aspire and your dreams and thoughts as a muslim. Kindly feel free and express yourselves.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Replies:
Posted By: lovesakeenah
Date Posted: 26 January 2008 at 4:01am

Wa alaykum salaam warahamatullah wabarakatuh

This is a very creative idea.Thank you for your efforts.May Allah reward you abundantly.I only hope that anyone who wishes to contribute would be mature enough to chose their words,no bigotry,no profanity,no insults,no blasphemy&apostasy.No ambiguities& no bad-blood.I would not like to see anything close to that here.There're a number of things that are very upsetting but still find their way into this Forum.I honestly wish such would not come up here.Let everyone&anyone who is willing to partake avoid controversy as much as possible.There is freedom of expression,no doubt.But the right of one man ends where that of the other begins.There are people here from all over the world& we could learn a great deal of things by sharing our different views on the way Islam is practised in our countries.Our own experiences &what we have learnt so far.We could just break the ice&introduce a little humour.Just ease up a little,no hassles&power tussles.I pray we'd all be cool about this cos if any of the 'forbidded' happens,am outta here!!!!

So,jazakallahu khayran for reviving this section.I hope to be a contributor,mash'Allah!!!

-------------
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".

Posted By: Fear_Allah
Date Posted: 26 January 2008 at 7:58am

Assalam alikom,

I'm over here on the mic .

Answering your question bro.seeks..I  find it's important for me now to focus on my studies and on improving my deen in a parallel way.I always wanted to make myself a MUSLIM student (then a  pharmacist inshaa Allah) who not only practise Islam well but also doesn't make matters complicated.

I mean by "Making matters complicated" that even here-a Middle eastern country- many people think that this who likes his deen and tries to strongly follow it is a TOUGH guy,mainly doesn't care about his studies,doesn't know any information except those islamic,is the furthest from being funny and doesn't enjoy his life..Sadly many people think in that way.

I-simply-wanted to prove that being a practising muslim doesn't contradict with being brilliant in your studies,being funny,having wide information about everything or enjoying your life.

You know that the most important part in dawah is making our good selves as examples.It's much more important than speaking 1000 words. 

May Allah help us all.

-------------
Our LORD! accept from us. You indeed, You are the all-Hearing, the all-Knowing. (2:127)

Date Posted: 26 January 2008 at 6:11pm

JazakAllahu Khair for your views.

Yes, FearAllah as you said, "the most important part in dawah is making our good selves as examples.It's much more important than speaking 1000 words" . SubhanAllah !!! And you to have that spirit in Islam sis.

Sis Sakeenah, JazakiAllah for your kind words of encouragement. Your post was good Masha-Allah but was n't answer to the question.

I wish you to please let know us as an individual, how do you spread Islam, what are your plans for it ---"

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 26 January 2008 at 10:49pm

I would like to paste and share sis Sakeenah's wonderful views from an other thread of this section.

I always pray that Allah softens the hearts of my loved ones in order that they appreciate that,Allah is the Owner&Controller of our lives.And if only they are faithful enough to put their affairs in the hands of Allah,He would be Sufficient for them.That He would provide their sustenance&reward their labour with His Barakah,without neglecting their first duty-worship Allah.I wish this could be convincing enough to make people turn to Allah&worship Him.That parents do not just train their children to be amongst the Elites here on earth,but to intercede for them on the day of Reckoning.I wish that Allah softens our hearts with His Love&fill it with Piety.To help us fight the temptaions of this confusing,overtly demanding&less rewading worldy pursuits.That children in turn would become humble&submisssive to their Creator,with the realization that,everything that glitter isn't gold.That we should use everything good Allah has bestowed us with to propagate Islam,raising our banner with pride&confidence.Not being ashamed of practising our faith.To be strong enough to overlook all the negativities going on around us&turn it to positive changes.To be the best of the livelihood we've chosen.To come out in flying colours as proud Muslims as students.To use our knowledge to prove the ignorants wrong of their misconceptions about Islam.

I did not get response from other members. Are there only two young members at this site

-------------

Posted By: Khadra
Date Posted: 20 February 2008 at 6:08pm

Sorry to respond so late, I just found and joined this site today!

I think in order to spread Islam, muslims need to show the world how smart, talented, and special they are. Muslims need to start playing a bigger part in Western society. Audition for American Idol, compete in a spelling bee, become top scientists and doctors. Or even simple things like starting a community fundraiser or a hobby group.

People (especially in America) discriminate against muslims because they see only the crazy extremists. We need to show them that muslims are good, respectable people and then they will want to learn about Islam.

-------------
~Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life

~Life isn't measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away

Date Posted: 25 March 2008 at 10:33pm

As'Salamu Alaikum

Sorry to respond so  late Sis Khadra.

We welcome you to our Boards of Discussions. I appreciate your post. We would like to know, what do you wish to do and  how are  you working for Islam  individually . Your answer may inspire us .

Your post shows your enthusiasm which is lacked in many of our youngsters. Masha-Allah .

May Allah swt help us in over coming our weaknesses and bestow  us with strong faith and be a practicing muslim. Ameen,

-------------

Posted By: zulfan elhannan
Date Posted: 29 March 2008 at 10:46pm

assalamualaikum warahmatullah

I do agree with fear_Allah that being a practising muslim doesn't contradict with being brilliant in your studies,being funny,having wide information about everything or enjoying your life. 

As I am also a student, haven't reach the age of twenty yet, I did noticed that some people refers spreading islam or da'wah as something so heavy for youth. Even more dissappointing, some of them think that spreading islam might influence our focus on study.

As for me, da'wah begin from a very, very small thing. It is so practical that everyone can do it. For example, wake up your roommate for subuh prayer, it is a kind of effort for our deen,right?

Also for a muslim student, while you are practising islamic values in your life, work hard if you want to be successful. We have Allah, Who will help us whenever we ask for it. When you have succeed, others will respect you, and start asking about the 'secret recipe' for your excellence. Then they will start realizing that you are the one who really cares about your relationship with Allah. and they will assume that it is your strength, that you earn from Him, by being a good muslim.

can't you all see that? non-muslims may also respect you.

no matter how hard you are trying to succeed in hereafter, you can't simply ignore your reputation in this world. Don't take it for granted. Then only, others will see Islam as the route of success!

May success be ours, insyaAllah. barakAllah fiikum.. 

-------------
Inna Allaha la tukhliful mii'aad...

Date Posted: 30 March 2008 at 6:39pm

As'Salamu Alaikum,

Masha-Allah sister, you write so well and i don't understand why you thought to be a silent member at first. Well, do read a thread at this same section - Low esteem

Hope, you continue to be active over boards.

-------------

Posted By: zulfan elhannan
Date Posted: 31 March 2008 at 9:51am

assalam 'alaikum

seekshidayath(not sure to use bro or sis), thank you for the encouragement.

-------------
Inna Allaha la tukhliful mii'aad...

Date Posted: 01 April 2008 at 2:14am

As-salaam alaykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh

Yes,sis.Zulfan! got it now-sister!!!

You're welcome sis!

-------------
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".

Posted By: barakat
Date Posted: 01 September 2008 at 7:50am
assalamu alakum. the only way fellow believer that you can help and be successful is to live a life untainted by sin. if you want to encourage a fellow believer on the importance of observing prayer ensure that you lead by praying 5 times. l believe doing good all the time in all circumstances is the one of the best motivation that can draw even new souls to our faith. today the world is in turmoil many have visited places of sancitity only to reap untold misery. it is a fact universally acknowledged that nowadays religion is fast becoming an epitome of the devil. l m thus of the opinion that in order for each and everyone of us to help successfully in spreading our faith means revisiting our moral and ethical values and refurbish our spiritual position

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 10 July 2009 at 12:53pm
Sister Seeks. . . it is your turn to answer now, for I am reviving the topic.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 10 July 2009 at 7:38pm
As Salamu Alaikum

i liked views of Barakat,"In order for each and everyone of us to help successfully in spreading our faith means revisiting our moral and ethical values and refurbish our spiritual position"

My views : I thouht i posted it. Insha Allah, shall post by the end of the day, as am getting late

By the way, i wish to read your views. Masha Allah, as said to you earlier , your posts are very inspiring for us. Hope even these views over the topic shall influence many.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 July 2009 at 10:20am
I think so too.....

-------------

Date Posted: 15 July 2009 at 3:53am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

how do you spread Islam, what are your plans for it ---"

The reason for such a delayed response: I made a self-analysis and realised that I have not been doing much. Hence did not have much to say!

On my part, most of my 'dawah' if one can call it that, is restricted online - such as this forum.

In real life, I don't approach people myself, since many people consider that an invasion of privacy - the Hijab does most of the dawah. A lot of nonmuslims colleagues and friends ask me questions (not surprisingly, all related to hijab, polygyny, dating, arranged marriages )So I just try to be accessible/friendly. One friend, who is a freethinker, used to show a lot of interest and ask a lot of questions, so after sometime, I invited her to come along with me to Yusuf Estes' lecture - for some reason she backed out later. So I have resumed my passive approach, and only respond when ppl show interest.

I'm afraid I 'plan' a lot and just keep 'planning' - I dont always manage to pull through and implement. For example, back in highschool I was so impressed by Dr.Zakir Naik - I just wanted to be part of IRF and so joined thier free online Dawah course, but then I couldnt keep up and gave up! I wanted to get admission in an Islamic university (IIU Malaysia) that offers a degree with one Deen major & one Duniya major - but then I ended up doing something different, the way things worked out. Insha'allah I want to pursue some sort of formal Islamic course/degree after I graduate. Its been a plan since highchool. Apart from that, I have a lot of big ideas and plans - just not the metal to implement them. May Allah give me the strength and opportunity to do so, for His sake.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 15 July 2009 at 11:26pm
As Salamu Alaikum

May Allah swt help you implement all your plans. Personally i have lots of expectations from you my dear sister. You hold lot in you. I pray Allah swt to bring out all the best from you. Remember Zaynab-al-Ghazali Smile, and our thoughts abt it.

Am sorry for delaying my post . Insha Allah shall share them soon

-------------

Date Posted: 16 July 2009 at 7:41am
JazakAllah Khair for the duas Sis! u are always motivating and encouraging others.

Waiting for your post. . . take your time.   

-------------

Date Posted: 17 July 2009 at 9:22am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

"How do i work for spread of Islam" ! Instead of answering this
question,{I fear riya'a}  i would like to express my opinion and thoughts
as how to work for the spread of Islam.

Prophet Muhammad {Peace be upon him} said :Take advantage of five matters before five other matters: your youth before you become old; and your health before you fall sick; and your richness before you become poor; and your free time before you become busy; and your life before your death."

This hadith strikes me as a reminder very much. I wish everyone of us

study this hadith daily and reflect over it. It shall help us very much

The very first point of the hadith teaches us to take advantage of youth
before we become old. Youngsters possess lots of energies in them. So much to the extent that we can revolutionise our society around. I strongly feel so. When we look at the days of Prophet {pbuh}, we see that the companions of Prophet were mostly youngsters {80% of them} Within a period of 23 years they cud bring revolution.  Those men of cave discussed in Surah Kahf, they were youngsters ! They did stand for truth.

This is the best age that we learn more and more. Strive harder and harder to seek knowledge. Knowledge that benefit us.Try our best to lighten our lives with the knowledge we gain. Now, comes the time, to convey it to others. Its said that even if we know an ayah { Verse of Qur;an} we are to convey it to others. So LET'S try our best  to spread the knowledge we gain.

This age is the age where we get distracted towards the worldy affairs. I
don't say that we abandon the world, but we shud n't get immersed in it.

Read the following ayah :

" Know that the life of this world is only play and amusement, pomp and
mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children.
(It is) like a rain (Ghayth), thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. But in the Hereafter (there is) a severe torment, and (there is) forgiveness from Allah and (His) pleasure. And the life of this world is only a deceiving enjoyment"

What a parable ! SubhanAllah. How well is Allah swt explaining us with an
example so that we understand.

Vegetation soon turns yellow in color, after being fresh and green. After
that, the green fades away and becomes scattered pieces of dust. This is
the parable of this worldly life, it starts young, then matures and then
turns old and feeble. This is also the parable of mankind in this life;

They are young and strong in the beginning. In this stage of life, they
look youthful and handsome. Slowly, they begin growing older, their
mannerism changes and their strength weakens. They then grow old and
feeble; moving becomes difficult for them, while doing easy things becomes beyond their ability.

Our oldage may be an obstruction for the spread of Islam. Our memory power may not support them,  Why don't we spend our time, energies, and all the potentials we are gifted in this age !

We often get to read this hadith, that Allah swt will give shade to seven, on the Day when there will be no shade but His .One of them is of  youth who has been brought up in the worship of Allah. Allahu Akbar ! May we be amongst them.

These teachings of Islam help me to face any challenge of life. Any
obstructions in dawah and Islaah will not disturb us. So i say my brothers
and sisters, let us spend our life especially these days of youth in seeking knowledge that benefits us and spread as much we can around our world. Its Allah swt who gives us hidayah.

Since those days when we gain understanding of the things around us, we keep listening from our elders about Prophet Muhammad { Pbuh }, about his srtivings for us, and the companions of Prophet ----. We do experience the  might of Allah swt in our lives.

On the day of judgement, when we are all bought together,the thought that book of deeds get exposed, stirs me very much. No place to hide or run anywhere ! Being such muslim, how can we face our Prophet that day ! Prophet who spent his nights praying for us, sobbing for us, and we have no time today to even offer salah ! We don't care to implement Islam in our lives ! Did we really convey the message of Islam to the people around us !

Did we ever stand for justice ! Sometimes we were hypocrites.. or sometimes our weak faith did not allow us to raise our voice for the support of weak and suppressed.

Do we regularly visit poor and Orphans !

We always had our little problems of life, of which Allah swt said that we are burdened with only that we bear. We view this with our macroscope and many a times imagined ourselves to be hard soul on earth. We are wasting our energies and potentials with these little things that merely matter our day of judgement.

Am sorry, for being high,  all this post is first a reminder for myself.

May Allah, the Almighty, help us to overcome our weaknesses and spend our days in His way Ameen.

These were the thoughts i had in my mind.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net