Print Page | Close Window

Jesus dying for our sins

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Description: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11597
Printed Date: 24 April 2024 at 11:52pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Jesus dying for our sins
Posted By: layalee
Subject: Jesus dying for our sins
Date Posted: 12 January 2008 at 10:09pm

I am trying to hear from Christians or (anyone else that believes that Jesus died for our sins) more of the meaning behind this concept/belief. I have a basic understanding of why individuals believe why this event has taken place, and the reason behind it, but it still leaves me unsure how one fully accepts the concept. So I had a few question. I will discuss of what I learnt and then I will follow with the questions....

What is being claimed is that Jesus had to die so that he will be able to wash away our sins and so that we will be forgiven. To follow God law- as the christian view is-  the punishment for sin is death. And by Jesus dying he saved us and sacrificed himself in order that we can continue to live on earth, giving us another chance to do the 'right thing' so that we have a chance of going to heaven. Also it is claimed that Jesus is God in the flesh. So God is our ultimate savior, but God had to be in man form on order to save us.

What I wrote above is how I understand the concept in a nutshell. If I have a misunderstanding of this Christian concept can someone please re-explain.

Now here are my questions..

1)How can the sacrifice of a MAN- even if he was sinless and his blood is considered to hold the spirit of God- wash away ANOTHER MAN sins??

Christians say that Jesus sacrifice relates to the sacrifice and offerings that were done in the times of the old testment. Animals were sacrificed in replacement for humans, and the animal death were symbolic to show that indeed the consequence of sin was death. The offerings were done to show their sign of repentance. (again, If I'm misunderstanding something can someone please re-explain).

But what's important to know is that God did not desire these offerings. God really wanted to be obeyed. Verses in the Old testament concludes this fact.

1 samual 15:22 'But Samual replied: Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in the obeying the voice of the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice and to heed is better than the fat of rams'.

Psalm 40:6  ' Sacrfice and offerings you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

2) So if God desired us to follow his law and the offerings did not hold much 'weight' with God, why would all of a sudden the blood shed of man, God best creation- serves as a sacrifice that God will be so pleased with, when God really wants each individual to decide to follow the right path on his own? 

The claim is that Jesus blood was eternal because he was sinless. He was sinless because he was also the flesh of God, and God is eternal.

3)But there were men in the Bible before Jesus that God gave much praise to, so why did they have to wait until Jesus sacrifice?

Job 2:3 ' Then the Lord said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains is integrity though you incited me against him to ruin him WITHOUT ANY REASON'

Without true repentence blood shed means nothing!

The sacrifice of the animal and laying our hands in the blood were to show that we identify with the death and to HELP US UNDERSTAND our repentance.

final note- I read to gain knowledge. Even though I turn to both the Quran and the Bible ( mainly the old testament). I will never deny the wisdom that is indeed in the Bible. In fact Allah(swt) has told me to embrace the Torah.

Do I feel that Jesus (p.b.u.h) is a great man, Yes I indeed do.

Did he suffer alot to make sure we receive the message that God wanted to be sent to others? Yes! I believe so and I am really grateful from the bottom of my heart!

But ALL the prophets did work that I am grateful for from the bottom of my heart!

I am left believing that true repentance is more important then anything else. If it's not in my heart, no blood shed will ever save me!

4)Christian dogma says that if I do not accept Jesus as my savior then I am damn. But if I believe and accept God as my savior, and I am grateful for what Jesus(p.b.u.h) has done as a messenger, and (Christians already claim that Jesus is God in the flesh) then why am I still damn according to Christians?

With what shall I approach the Lord,
Do homage to God on high?
Shall I approach Him with burnt offerings,
With calves a year old?
Would the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams,
With myriads of streams of oil?
Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression,
The fruit of my body for my sins?
Man has told you what is good.
But what does the Lord require of you?
Only to do justice
And to love goodness,
And to walk humbly with your God (Micah 6:6-8).

Many blessings to all my sisters and brothers.

Layalee

Replies:
Posted By: believer
Date Posted: 13 January 2008 at 7:38am

Jesus' sacrifice has given us strength to fight sin.  On our own none of us is holy enough to be in the presence of GOD.  No matter how many good deeds we do, how much we pray, ask forgiveness, we do not measure up.

Something has to be paid for sin.  GOD was willing to give us His Son.  All the sacrifices of the perfect lamb of the Old Testament are a forshadowing of the sacrifice of Jesus.

Muslims keep bringing up the people before Jesus having to wait.  We all have to wait until the final judgement day.

Romans 2

6God "will give to each person according to what he has done." 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11For God does not show favoritism.

12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

-------------
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Date Posted: 13 January 2008 at 9:27am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Jesus' sacrifice has given us strength to fight sin.  On our own none of us is holy enough to be in the presence of GOD. 

Romans 2

6God "will give to each person according to what he has done." 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11For God does not show favoritism.

12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

Believer you say: 'Jesus' sacrifice has given us strength to fight sin.' 

so my question is from that statement:

How does Jesus sacrifice gives us strength?

Believer you say: 'On our own none of us is holy enough to be in the presence of GOD. '

You even provide a supporting verse from the Bible. While first reading it, it appeard as if it contradicted your statement, especially these verses:

Romans

'12All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.'

My first impression from reading those verses is that every individidual will be judge by ones own actions. Based on how they carrried their life and the right and wrong they done.

But then I get confused when I read the following verse:

Romans

16This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

I don't understand this. Where is the fairness and justice at if we as individuals have to be judged through another man??

In my opinion it kinda contradicts the previous verses. If I'm misunderstanding the verse please kindly explain it.

So Believer if you can, do you mind further explaining some of the points I wrote.

Also I will like to challenge you and ask that you answer a question or two that I have in bold in my original first posting.

Thanks in advance.

Layalee

Date Posted: 13 January 2008 at 9:10pm
I really wanted some answers to the questions I presented so I posted my same original mesage on a Christian forum. This particular posting provided a better view point of some Christian theory's that anyone have ever presented ( or maybe I cared to look for) to me. While I will never let go of my muslim faith, Insh'Allah, and my belief that there is only one God, I find these are some interesting responses. I posted this so that I can share some view points with anyone else that were looking for a response to the questions I asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by layalee http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=42547777#post42547777" rel=nofollow>View Post
I am not a Christian. I am new to the group. I come in peace. I just ask that members respect me as I will respect others. Thank you,

Welcome Layalee. These are excellent quesitons!!! I think all Christians should consider these questions, not just non-Christians. Unfortunately many Christians do not have the time to study these questions as they ought to be studied. Therefore many denominations send folks, like me, to seminary for 8 eights to study and then call us to be their pastors. The reason I am mentioning this is that a lot of these questions are still being answered for me and it wasn't until several years of university that I began to see just how big they are!

Now guessing by some hints from your post, since there is no faith icon by your name, you are Muslim? So you may have some different perspectives than we do on scripture, so keep in mind I am only trying to explain the Christian perspective on scripture, which does not necessarily mean the only perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by layalee http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=42547777#post42547777" rel=nofollow>View Post
What is being claimed is that Jesus had to die so that he will be able to wash away our sins and so that we will be forgiven. To follow God law- as the christian view is- the punishment for sin is death.

While many Christians claim this, it is not precisely the case.

Christian have a doctrine called Original Sin. Sin (non-plural) is not acts or behaviors that are considered bad. Rather sin is a state of existence. Original sin expresses our separation from God. The story of Adam and Eve shows to us humanity's desire to be God in God's place. In order to be our own God, we turn away and reject God. This is what happened in the story of the Garden. When Adam and Eve ate of the fruit, they had already ruined their relationships with God, with each other and with the rest of creation. The first thing that God says to them once they had ate was, "Where are you?". They had separated themselves from God. And then when God asks what had happened, they start blaming each other. The "punishments" that God describes are not punishments that God lays upon them, but the result of their own actions. It was us who turned from God and chose death over life. This what our doctrine of Original Sin expresses.

Quote:
And by Jesus dying he saved us and sacrificed himself in order that we can continue to live on earth, giving us another chance to do the 'right thing' so that we have a chance of going to heaven.

Again, this is not precisely what Christians believe. Christ's act of salvation is not about giving us another chance to get it right but about justification (salvation). We cannot ever do enough good works to earn our salvation. Only God, in infinite mercy and grace, can save us. We do the right thing in life as a response of praise and thanksgiving to God for granting us this free and undeserved gift of grace.

[quote=layalee;42547777]Also it is claimed that Jesus is God in the flesh. So God is our ultimate savior, but God had to be in man form on order to save us.[/quote[

Christian don't claim that God had become incarnate, but the God chose this as our means of salvation. Later in it will become more clear why God chose this means.
Quote:
1)How can the sacrifice of a MAN- even if he was sinless and his blood is considered to hold the spirit of God- wash away ANOTHER MAN sins??
Christians say that Jesus sacrifice relates to the sacrifice and offerings that were done in the times of the old testment. Animals were sacrificed in replacement for humans, and the animal death were symbolic to show that indeed the consequence of sin was death. The offerings were done to show their sign of repentance. (again, If I'm misunderstanding something can someone please re-explain).

Old Testament Sacrifice is one of the most mis-understood concepts in the Bible. At the seminary at attend, one of the professors is one of the foremost experts in the world on the Old Testament practice of sacrifice and how it relates to the New Testament.

It was not the death of the animal that washed away sins in the Old Testament. It was the blood being sprinkled on the people. The Ancient Hebrews believed that the life blood of any living thing had the power to wash away sin. The death of the animal was only necessary in so far as it granted access to the blood. Once the sacrificial animal had been slaughtered the Priest would take its blood and sprinkle it on the people to cleanse them of their sin.

Now as far as the issues of the sacrifice of a man atoning for the sin of another man. No, we do not believe. However, Christians believe that Christ was God, and thus is was God who was on the cross and died. It was through the very death and resurrection of God that we are saved. More on this later.

Quote:
But what's important to know is that God did not desire these offerings. God really wanted to be obeyed. Verses in the Old testament concludes this fact.
1 samual 15:22 'But Samual replied: Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in the obeying the voice of the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice and to heed is better than the fat of rams'.
Psalm 40:6 ' Sacrfice and offerings you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

Yes, these two verses seem to say that God does not want sacrifices, however much of the Torah is about explaining how to properly make correct sacrifices which the Ancient Hebrews believed, that through the sprinkling of the life blood, that they would be made pure.

Quote:
2) So if God desired us to follow his law and the offerings did not hold much 'weight' with God, why would all of a sudden the blood shed of man, God best creation- serves as a sacrifice that God will be so pleased with, when God really wants each individual to decide to follow the right path on his own?
The claim is that Jesus blood was eternal because he was sinless. He was sinless because he was also the flesh of God, and God is eternal.

The sprinkling of God's blood, not just a man's blood, was understood by the early church to be blood that was sufficient to purify all the sin of all creation.

However, the sacrifice of Christ was not in being a sacrifice of purification. This was, indeed part of it, but rather it the sacrifice began much sooner than on the cross. And to be clear, it was not God who put Christ, or in other words Godself, to death on the cross. Christ doctrine is that humanity put the incarnate God to death.

And while God does indeed want us to follow the "right path" it is impossible. For as much as we strive to save ourselves through our own righteoussness, it will never be sufficient to save us. Therefore we are dependent wholly on the righteousness of God to save us.

Quote:
3)But there were men in the Bible before Jesus that God gave much praise to, so why did they have to wait until Jesus sacrifice?
Job 2:3 ' Then the Lord said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains is integrity though you incited me against him to ruin him WITHOUT ANY REASON'
Without true repentence blood shed means nothing!
The sacrifice of the animal and laying our hands in the blood were to show that we identify with the death and to HELP US UNDERSTAND our repentance.
final note- I read to gain knowledge.

Now, I have explained how sacrifice worked in the OT above, so I will explain what is our theology of atonement here. Now, I am a Lutheran and so my particular theology is based on that of Martin Luther's Theology of the Cross, who based his on scripture and the Early Church Fathers.

Now because of Original Sin we are alienated from God. As expressed in the story of the Garden of Eden, God's initial desire was to be with us. For us to live with God and to walk with in the same place as God.

However, humankind's choice was to turn and walk away. We rejected God in favour of being our own God. We were estranged from God like a husband and wife who are estranged from each other.

Now, despite this alienation and estrangement that humanity chose over God, God continued to call the people of Israel in the Old Testament to repent, to turn back towards God. Thus one of the major themes of the Old Testament is that Israel continually turning back towards and then away from God over and over. The story of Abraham, Isaac, Jospeh, Moses, David, the prophets Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and so on.

However, as much as God called for Israel, and all creation, to return to God, it simply did not work. If Mohamed will come to the Mountain, then the Mountain must come to Mohamed. If Creation will not return to God, God will go and seek creation.

Christians believe that in the incarnation God so desired to be reunited with the creation that had its back to God, that he set aside, or sacrificed, his power, glory and kingship, in order to live as one of us. Its interesting that you mentioned Job earlier on. The story of Job is that God causes all these terrible things to happen to Job, and at the end of it all, Job tells God that he does not know what it is like to be human, that is God does not know what it is like to suffer. God responds to Job that job doesn't know what its like to God, which in the end is a rather unsatisfactory answer. However, if you consider God's answer to Job is the incarnation, that God coming to live and breathe as one of us, to be born, to grow up, and to die as one of us.

God's goal in the incarnation was reunite with us so that would know God as we were meant to know God. We we know God's face, God's voice, God's flesh, God's eyes. In the person of Jesus of Nazareth God came to us so that we would know God and so that God would be One with us in our living, breathing, suffering and dying. We would know that our life has meaning and value and that the creator has great love for that which is created.

And yet, despite God's coming to be with us a Jesus, creation, humanity still rejected God. In fact it was the religious leaders, the heads of society, the best that humanity had to offer that put God to death on the cross. With a resounding "NO", humanity proclaimed to God that we would rather be our own God's than have God live with us. We used our most powerful tool, our most finite answer to any problem. We killed God. However, despite our resounding "NO" God proclaimed a resounding "YES" to creation three day later. In Christ's resurrection, God proclaimed to us that death is not the final answer to life, God is the final answer to life.

And so it is that death is the option humanity chose, death is the answer to our sin. However, God resolved our misguided choice by removing death's finality. By proclaiming through the birth, life, death and resurrection of Christ that God has the final say on life. Not death and not us. And through Christ God's grants grace and mercy to all creation despite our rejection of God.

Quote:
Even though I turn to both the Quran and the Bible ( mainly the old testament). I will never deny the wisdom that is indeed in the Bible. In fact Allah(swt) has told me to embrace the Torah.
Do I feel that Jesus (p.b.u.h) is a great man, Yes I indeed do.
Did he suffer alot to make sure we receive the message that God wanted to be sent to others? Yes! I believe so and I am really grateful from the bottom of my heart!
But ALL the prophets did work that I am grateful for from the bottom of my heart!
I am left believing that true repentance is more important then anything else. If it's not in my heart, no blood shed will ever save me!
4)Christian dogma says that if I do not accept Jesus as my savior then I am damn. But if I believe and accept God as my savior, and I am grateful for what Jesus(p.b.u.h) has done as a messenger, and (Christians already claim that Jesus is God in the flesh) then why am I still damn according to Christians?
Christians may have at one time said this, however, again this is not the case. We can only proclaim that which we know. We know that Christ Saves Us, however, God in infinite wisdom and mercy may chose to also save others. As Christians we can proclaim that Christ Saves, but it is not up to us who God saves and who will be damned. That is up to God, we have no say in the end.

Christians will often refer to John 14, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no one comes to the Father except by me". While some may say that Jesus prescribing our way to salvation, I see this as a descriptive declaration of the divinity of Christ. Jesus and the Father are One. Therefore to get to God means to get to Jesus also.

Quote:
Many blessings to all my sisters and brothers.
Layalee
I appologize for the poor transliteration, however, Assalamu alaikum layalee , or as we would say, Pax Vobiscum.

Posted By: buddyman
Date Posted: 14 January 2008 at 12:59pm

Layalee,

You ask good questions...it actually goes even further then Jesus dying for our sins.

In Romans 5 it states that Jesus died for our sins. What does that mean?

Well, it means, that we are reconciled to God. We sinned against God...God did nothing. God was our enemy...we weren't God's enemies. So he sent God the Son (Jesus Christ) to die. Through out the Bible, we are told that this Annointed One would take away thesin of the world. Why? Well because sin can not be in the presence f God.

So when Jesus died for us, we became friends of God again. BUT it in Romans it says we are SAVED BY HIS LIFE.

We are RECONCILED by HIS DEATH, and SAVED BY HIS LIFE...so the free gift is this: Once you believe that Jesus died for your sins, the Holy Spirit is poured in to you heart. God then works through you. He restores us back in to his immage.

You literally have God inside of you!!! That is the good news!!!

Posted By: buddyman
Date Posted: 14 January 2008 at 1:06pm

Isaiah 7

10Then the LORD spoke again to Ahaz, saying,

11"Ask a (R)sign for yourself from the LORD your God; make it deep as Sheol or high as heaven."

12But Ahaz said, "I will not ask, nor will I test the LORD!"

13Then he said, "Listen now, O (S)house of David! Is it too slight a thing for you to try the patience of men, that you will (T)try the patience of (U)my God as well?

14"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, (V)a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name [a](W)Immanuel.

15"He will eat (X)curds and honey at the time He knows enough to refuse evil and choose good.

16"(Y)For before the boy will know enough to refuse evil and choose good, (Z)the land whose two kings you dread will be forsaken.

Layalee,

Immanuel means "God with us"

Isaiah 9

1But there will be no more (A)gloom for her who was in anguish; in earlier times He (B)treated the (C)land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali with contempt, but later on He shall make it glorious, by the way of the sea, on the other side of Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles.
    2(
D)The people who walk in darkness
         Will see a great light;
         Those who live in a dark land,
         The light will shine on them.
    3(
E)You shall multiply the nation,
         You (
F)shall increase their gladness;
         They will be glad in Your presence
         As with the gladness of harvest,
         As (
G)men rejoice when they divide the spoil.
    4For (
H)You shall break the yoke of their burden and the staff on their shoulders,
         The rod of their (
I)oppressor, as at the battle of (J)Midian.
    5For every boot of the booted warrior in the battle tumult,
         And cloak rolled in blood, will be for burning, fuel for the fire.
    6For a (
K)child will be born to us, a (L)son will be given to us;
         And the (
M)government will rest (N)on His shoulders;
         And His name will be called (
O)Wonderful Counselor, (P)Mighty God,
         Eterna l (
Q)Father, Prince of (R)Peace.

7There will be (
S)no end to the increase of His government or of peace,
         On the (
T)throne of David and over his kingdom,
         To establish it and to uphold it with (
U)justice and righteousness
         From then on and forevermore
         (
V)The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this.

You see...he will be called Mighty God...no other prophet has been calle Mighty God....

Posted By: minuteman
Date Posted: 14 January 2008 at 7:23pm

And His name will be called (O)Wonderful Counselor, (P)Mighty God,
         Eterna l
(
Q)Father, Prince of (R)Peace.
    7There will be (
S)no end to the increase of His government or of peace,
         On the (
         From then on and forevermore
         (
V)The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this.

I feel that there should be a comma between wonderful and counsellor in above quote. But let it be as it is shown.

None of these attributes fits Jesus. He was never mentioned as wonderful. He never counselled (consulted) any one, he was not the mighty god but his opponents (Jews) were mightier than him.

He (Jesus) was not the eternal father. He was not a father at all of any kind. Nobody saw him as a father. He was not a prince except that he could be (child) from the line of king David. He was not seen as any prince of peace.

the last few lines of the quote are absolutely wrong. Jesus was never sitting on the throne of david:

7There will be (S)no end to the increase of His government or of peace,
         On the (

He never had any government even for a day or any peace. We have not seen (in the books) that Jesus was on the throne of David over his kingdom....

The post is not reliably applicable to Jesus. It may apply to some one else. Please explain it. Unless all these words are symbolic, they cannot be reconciled.

-------------
If any one is bad some one must suffer

Date Posted: 14 January 2008 at 7:58pm

When a wrong is done a payment must be made, that is justice.

Jesus has atoned once and for all, any sin that I have in the past or future do.  God loves me so much that He gave His Son.  That gives anyone who believes amazing power to fight sin. 

-------------
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Date Posted: 14 January 2008 at 8:37pm
minuteman

Jesus is on the throne of the Kingdom of GOD.  All of the Bible leads up to Jesus.

-------------
John 3

Date Posted: 15 January 2008 at 10:16am

When a wrong is done by "A" he/she should make the payment, not "B". It is not wise or justice that sin is committed by "X" and punishment is given to "Y". It is not logical. But what can we say about this atonement !!!

-------------

Date Posted: 17 January 2008 at 5:56am

It is a gift from GOD. 

GOD made the sacrifice for us because He wants us with Him.  We are not capable of meeting the reqirement of righteousness on our own.

GOD loves us so much.

-------------
John 3

Posted By: Nur_Ilahi
Date Posted: 21 January 2008 at 6:05am

Jesus has atoned once and for all, any sin that I have in the past or future do.  God loves me so much that He gave His Son.  That gives anyone who believes amazing power to fight sin. 

Then what about Adam, Abraham, Noah, Moses? Who were they worshipping to before Jesus existed?

-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.

Date Posted: 21 January 2008 at 6:17am

GOD loves us so much.

Indeed HE loves us so much! Below are some of His attributes God - The Creator of the whole universe.

Ar-Rahman 1  The All-Compassionate
Ar-Rahim  2 The All-Merciful
Al-Muhaymin  7  The Guardian
Al-Ghaffar  14  The Forgiving
Al-Wahhab  16  The Giver of All
Ar-Razzaq  17  The Sustainer
Al-Basit  21  The Reliever
Al-Mu'izz  24  The Bestower of Honors
As-Sami  26  The Hearer of All
Al-Basir  27  The Seer of All
Al-'Adl  29  The Just
Al-Khabir  31  The All-Aware
Al-Halim  32  The Forebearing
Al-Ghafur  34  The Forgiver and Hider of Faults
Ash-Shakur  35  The Rewarder of Thankfulness
Al-Muqit  39  The Nourisher
Al-Hasib  40  The Accounter
Al-Karim  42  The Generous
Ar-Raqib  43  The Watchful One
Al-Mujib  44  The Responder to Prayer
Al-Wasi'  45  The All-Comprehending
Al-Hakim  46  The Perfectly Wise
Al-Wadud  47  The Loving One
Al-Ba'ith  49  The Resurrector
Al-Wakil  52  The Trustee
As-Samad  68  The Satisfier of All Needs
Al-Wal�  77  The Protecting Friend
At-Tawwib  80  The Guide to Repentance
Al-Afu  82  The Forgiver
Al-Mani'  90  The Preventer of Harm
An-Nafi  92  The Creator of Good
An-Nur  93  The Light
Al-Hadi  94  The Guide
Al-Badi  95  The Originator
Al-Baqi  96  The Everlasting One
Al-Warith  97  The Inheritor of All
Ar-Rashid  98  The Righteous Teacher
As-Sabur  99  The Patient One

Wherever can we find a more Loving God?

-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.

Posted By: martha
Date Posted: 21 January 2008 at 6:46am

Only God is worshipped, and He is the same God that all prophets prayed to throughout all mankind. Jesus also prayed to God.

As such when Christians pray, they do so, to God the Father, and through the name of Jesus. Jesus is then a mediator between the human and God.

I have posted a lengthy reply today  in 'the purpose of our existence' which explains why Christians see Jesus as their saviour, and the one who atoned for all the sins of the world. It also explains that God and Jesus are totally separate.

-------------
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set

Date Posted: 22 January 2008 at 11:43am

Jesus also, like all other prophets of God, taught the method of repentence. John the baptist taught the same thing. In Mathews, there is an interesting story about two brothers, the younger one taking his share of money and going abroad to do trading. That was against the will of his father. He disobeyed and annoyed his father.

He lost all his wealth and became destitute. Jesus told the story beautifully that one day that youngman in foreign country, felt that he should return to the father and apologise.... So came back home.... It is interesting to read that. How his father celebrated his return...  !!!

Also, every where, jesus is teaching the people to return to God. That God becomes very pleased when some one returns to God (by repentence). Jesus gave examples of a young girl having ten coins. She lost one coin. How she will sweep the floor and search. How happy she will be when she finds it. Jesus a.s. specially emphasised that the girl had the nine coins with her. Why was she worried about one coin?. Are nine better or the one?? The nine are better. But she hunts for that lost coin. In the same, Allah (God) hopes and wishes that all lost persons should be saved. None should be lost.

There is no need of any blood sacrifice. There is only need to return to God. Jesus gave his life for the good cause and did not stop working for the benefit of the people. Only those are saved who return to God. That is also the Islamic teaching, no difference. In Quran, it is called (Taubah, Istaghfaar).

-------------

Posted By: docnr
Date Posted: 31 January 2008 at 11:34am

If Jesus died on  the cross for the forgiveness of our sins, than the sacrifice should be ultimate, like God's own son, but my question is , if it did happen than how can God die, as we know God is the sustenance of life. If Jesus the man died than there is nothing special about this,  there are a lot of people in history who died for truth. So the question is who died on the cross?

-------------
Peace

Date Posted: 03 February 2008 at 1:53pm

The prodigal son.

All human bodies die but our souls live.  Our souls live either in hell - away from GOD or in heaven - with GOD.  The human body of Jesus died.  

1 Peter 3

18For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, 19through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison 20who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.

One can return to GOD but for how long? 

-------------
John 3

Date Posted: 04 February 2008 at 5:49am

16        Relate in the Book (the story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East.

17.       She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her Our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.

18.       She said: "I seek refuge from thee to (Allah) Most Gracious: (come not near) if thou dost fear Allah."

19.       He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a pure son.

20.       She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?"

21.       He said: "So (it will be): thy Lord saith, 'That is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us'. It is a matter (so) decreed."

22.       So she conceived him, and she retired with him to a remote place.

23.       And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm-tree. She cried (in her anguish): "Ah! would that I had died before this! would that I had been a thing forgotten!"

24.       But (a voice) cried to her from beneath the (palm-tree): "Grieve not! for thy Lord hath provided a rivulet beneath thee;

25.       "And shake towards thyself the trunk of the palm-tree: It will let fall fresh ripe dates upon thee.

26.       "So eat and drink and cool (thine) eye. And if thou dost see any man, say, 'I have vowed a fast to (Allah) Most Gracious, and this day will I enter into no talk with any human being'"

27.       At length she brought the (babe) to her people, carrying him (in her arms). They said: "O Mary! truly a strange thing has thou brought!

28.       "O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a man of evil, nor thy mother a woman unchaste!"

29.       But she pointed to the babe. They said: "How can we talk to one who is a child in the cradle?"

30.       He said: "I am indeed a servant of Allah. He hath given me revelation and made me a prophet;

31.       "And He hath made me blessed wheresoever I be, and hath enjoined on me Prayer and Charity as long as I live;

32.       "(He hath made me) kind to my mother, and not overbearing or unblest;

33.      "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!

34.       Such (was) Jesus the son of Mary: (it is) a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute.

35.       It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.

36.       Verily Allah is my Lord and your Lord: Him therefore serve ye: this is a Way that is straight.

The Holy Quran - Surah Maryam.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 February 2008 at 5:02pm

"the gift of a pure son" - does this mean sinless?

17.   She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; then We sent her Our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects.

This implies that there was actual intercourse between the angel appearing as man in all respects!!  Do you believe that Jesus is half angel?

21.  He said: "So (it will be): thy Lord saith, 'That is easy for Me: and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us'. It is a matter (so) decreed."

Why do you not believe that Jesus is the Son of GOD, that at least half of Him was GOD?  With Adam GOD used only dust, so Adam was created.   Mary conceived Jesus through the action of one of the substances of GOD that is the Holy Spirit.

-------------
John 3

Date Posted: 05 February 2008 at 6:59am

This implies that there was actual intercourse between the angel appearing as man in all respects!!  Do you believe that Jesus is half angel?

My dear Believer,

There are many stories about the Angel coming to meet Muhammad bringing verses of the AlQuran or teaching him what Muhamamd ought to know. The Angel sometimes came in the form of a man. So this was another example of the Angel who came to relay the message from God to Maryam.

Angels are created by Allah naturally obedient. Satan the opposite but we human have both characteristics. If we can overcome our satanic characteristics we can become better than an angel. And of course Jesus is not half angel. Jesus was human. The son that came out of a sufi woman Maryam (may Allah shower her blessings).

Actually the creation of Adam was  more wonderful than the creation of Jesus. From nothing, Allah created Adam, without father without mother. While Jesus, he still has a mother, which is quite natural.

The Holy Spirit was just the Angel, who was just doing his job of relaying messages from God to humankind. He had no power of creating things. The absolute power belongs to the Creator - Allah Al-Khaliq.

I had quoted versus of the Al-Quran regarding the birth of Jesus. Can you please quote verses of the bible concerning the birth of Jesus?

Thank you in advance.

Salam.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 February 2008 at 10:00am

Nur_Ilahi and believer,

Hope you dont mind me writing the verses from the Bible concerning the birth of Jesus. 

Believer, there are other scriptures too. Maybe you can share them with us?

St Matthew 1

18. Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise(in this way): when as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

19. Then Joseph her husband, being just a man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily (1)

20. But while he thought on these things;behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife:for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus:for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet,(2) saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is,God with us.

24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son:and he called his name Jesus.

1. He desired to release or divorce her secretly

2. Isaiah 7:14

In chapter 2 of Matthew we read  'Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him'

NB: The Wise men of the east. It is not recorded how many there were, but common belief is that there were three.  They were not ordinary men, but were spiritually sensitive and knowledgable to search out Jesus. The customary identification of them as astrologers is a gross misrepresentation. They were possibly prophets that were sent on a divine errand. They were able to see the star when others could not, they knew it's meaning and brought gold, frankincense and myrrh, and they were warned by God to return to their home by a safe route. Their knowledge was precise and accurate. They returned to their people(somewhere east of Palestine) to bear witness that Jesus, King Immanuel had been born, as prophesied.

-------------

Posted By: poga
Date Posted: 05 February 2008 at 12:55pm

Jesus' sacrifice has given us strength to fight sin.  On our own none of us is holy enough to be in the presence of GOD.  No matter how many good deeds we do, how much we pray, ask forgiveness, we do not measure up.

Something has to be paid for sin.  GOD was willing to give us His Son.  All the sacrifices of the perfect lamb of the Old Testament are a forshadowing of the sacrifice of Jesus.

Muslims keep bringing up the people before Jesus having to wait.  We all have to wait until the final judgement day.

Romans 2

ASSALAMUALAIKUM

this christian believe in second coming of Jesus

but how many Muslim believe Jesus will come to the earth four times

-------------
awal

Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 06 February 2008 at 1:22am
Poga,  j http://www.jesuswillreturn.com - esuswillreturn.com  this website details the Muslim view on the second coming by an Islamic Scholar.

As for Jesus's death on the Cross.  The death is not as important as the Garden.  In the Garden he took upon himself the sins of the world.  Jesus in the Mormon Church is our Eldest Brother.  We are all children of God.  And as the Eldest Brother he is our protector and intercessor with Heavenly Father.  Whereas, Satan is our jealous brother who wants to see us in the same misery that he suffers for his disobedience.

To explain the importance of the Atonement, I post the explanation from our Bible Dictionary.  Now, we differ from Traditional Christians on the nature of Christ.  So be aware, the other Christians are not going to agree with me in whole on this.

Atonement

The word describes the setting �at one� of those who have been estranged, and denotes the reconciliation of man to God. Sin is the cause of the estrangement, and therefore the purpose of atonement is to correct or overcome the consequences of sin. From the time of Adam to the death of Jesus Christ, true believers were instructed to offer animal sacrifices to the Lord. These sacrifices were symbolic of the forthcoming death of Jesus Christ, and were done by faith in him ( http://scriptures.lds.org/en/moses/5/5-8#5 - Moses 5: 5-8 ).

Jesus Christ, as the Only Begotten Son of God and the only sinless person to live on this earth, was the only one capable of making an atonement for mankind. By his selection and foreordination in the Grand Council before the world was formed, his divine Sonship, his sinless life, the shedding of his blood in the garden of Gethsemane, his death on the cross and subsequent bodily resurrection from the grave, he made a perfect atonement for all mankind. All are covered unconditionally as pertaining to the fall of Adam. Hence, all shall rise from the dead with immortal bodies, because of Jesus� atonement. �For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive� ( http://scriptures.lds.org/en/1_cor/15/22#22 - 1 Cor. 15: 22 ), and all little children are innocent at birth. The atonement is conditional, however, so far as each person�s individual sins are concerned, and touches every one to the degree that he has faith in Jesus Christ, repents of his sins, and obeys the gospel. The services of the Day of Atonement foreshadowed the atoning work of Christ ( http://scriptures.lds.org/en/lev/4 - Lev. 4 ; http://scriptures.lds.org/en/lev/23/26-32#26 - Lev. 23: 26-32 ; http://scriptures.lds.org/en/heb/9 - Heb. 9 ). The scriptures point out that no law, ordinance, or sacrifice would be satisfactory if it were not for the atonement of Jesus Christ ( http://scriptures.lds.org/en/heb/10/1-9#1 - Heb. 10: 1-9 ; http://scriptures.lds.org/en/2_ne/9/5-24#5 - 2 Ne. 9: 5-24 ; http://scriptures.lds.org/en/mosiah/13/27-32#27 - Mosiah 13: 27-32 ).

Sin is lawlessness ( http://scriptures.lds.org/en/1_jn/3/4#4 - 1 Jn. 3: 4 ); it is a refusal on men�s part to submit to the law of God ( http://scriptures.lds.org/en/rom/8/7#7 - Rom. 8: 7 ). By transgression man loses control over his own will and becomes the slave of sin ( http://scriptures.lds.org/en/rom/7/14#14 - Rom. 7: 14 ), and so incurs the penalty of spiritual death, which is alienation from God ( http://scriptures.lds.org/en/rom/6/23#23 - Rom. 6: 23 ). The atonement of Jesus Christ redeems all mankind from the fall of Adam and causes all to be answerable for their own manner of life. This means of atonement is provided by the Father ( http://scriptures.lds.org/en/john/3/16-17#16 - John 3: 16-17 ), and is offered in the life and person of his Son, Jesus Christ ( http://scriptures.lds.org/en/2_cor/5/19#19 - 2 Cor. 5: 19 ).

When Adam sinned, he brought mortality into the world.  When Jesus died, he brought back the immortality.  Adam shut the door, Jesus was the key to open it back up.  All men are responsible for their own sins.  Just because Jesus died to restore our connection with God, does not mean free reign to sin without consequence.  He only made it possible for us to repent and gave us a perfect example to model our lives.

When I find myself sinning, I must remind myself of the suffering Jesus underwent in the Garden.  He suffered for each sin.  My sins literally caused him pain.  Now, isn't that a powerful deterrent to sin, to know that every time you wrong, you caused pain to your brother?

Its not some magic pixie dust to use to excuse bad behavior.  Too many Muslims (and too many Chrisitans) think that being saved in Christ is just saying "I believe Jesus died for my sins" and done.  Its not like that.  The Atonement is far more than that.  Man is not held accountable for the sin of Adam, he is however mortal because of it.  Jesus restored the immortality of the spirit and allowed for us to return to Heavenly Father.  But, it doesn't get us there if we don't do our part.

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 06 February 2008 at 2:22am
Originally posted by poga poga wrote:

what are you talking about.

No muslim believes Jesus will come to the earth 4 times. Christians believe Jesus will return again, as said second coming. Muslims also believe that he will return, being raised up and then return when the time is right. Both groups believes Jesus will return once more NOT 4 times for muslims. Where do you get this from?

p.s: the last didn't make sense, so had to fix it

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 06 February 2008 at 3:13am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

No muslim believes Jesus will come to the earth 4 times. Christians believe Jesus will return again, as said second coming. Muslims also believe that he will return, being raised up and then return when the time is right. Neither group believes Jesus will return once more NOT 4 times for muslims. Where do you get this from?

how many time do you believe he will come altogether please give answer with evidence

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 06 February 2008 at 3:29am

No muslim believes Jesus will come to the earth 4 times. Christians believe Jesus will return again, as said second coming. Muslims also believe that he will return, being raised up and then return when the time is right. Neither group believes Jesus will return once more NOT 4 times for muslims. Where do you get this from?

how many time do you believe he will come altogether please give answer with evidence

Poga, you say how many times muslims believe jesus will come back 4 times, I questioned it and asked you where you got 4 times from. You had to get from somewhere to mention it. You asking me about my beliefs is irelevant at this point in time. You need to clarify your side first.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 February 2008 at 3:55am

Angela, j http://www.jesuswillreturn.com/ - esuswillreturn.com  this website details the Muslim view on the second coming by an Islamic Scholar.

This is not a reliable article because it raises many questions to the identity of the Dajjal and Jesus too. It does not describe whether Dajjal is a single person (man) or does it represent a group of people?

But thanks to you for giving some news about your faith i.e. Mormonism. I had no idea and even now i have little understanding of your faith. I learnt a few things but many need to be understood.

I knew quite a lot about the catholic and protestants. But nothing about Mormons. 1. Do I understand that you have a separate book of faith?? What is its name and where is it available?

You believe in the original sin. 2. Perhaps you (as a Mormon) believe fully in the bible OT and NT? 3. Then you believe that Jesus was son of God. 4. In what sense?? 5. Physical or just spiritual or both?? 6. You believe that Jesus was God and son of God both at the same time?? 7. Do you believe that he was a prophet or not?? 8. Do you believe that Jesus was a man or son of a man?? It would be good if you spread news about your faith more clearly, by giving numbers to the questions raised above. Thanks.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 February 2008 at 4:48am

Poga, you say how many times muslims believe jesus will come back 4 times, I questioned it and asked you where you got 4 times from. You had to get from somewhere to mention it. You asking me about my beliefs is irelevant at this point in time. You need to clarify your side first.

my side is very clear brother i believe JESUS will visit earth five times

and as for evidence SWEETSWORDS based on QURAN and HADIS

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 06 February 2008 at 4:49am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

Angela, j http://www.jesuswillreturn.com/ - esuswillreturn.com  this website details the Muslim view on the second coming by an Islamic Scholar.

This is not a reliable article because it raises many questions to the identity of the Dajjal and Jesus too. It does not describe whether Dajjal is a single person (man) or does it represent a group of people?

But thanks to you for giving some news about your faith i.e. Mormonism. I had no idea and even now i have little understanding of your faith. I learnt a few things but many need to be understood.

I knew quite a lot about the catholic and protestants. But nothing about Mormons. 1. Do I understand that you have a separate book of faith?? What is its name and where is it available?

You believe in the original sin. 2. Perhaps you (as a Mormon) believe fully in the bible OT and NT? 3. Then you believe that Jesus was son of God. 4. In what sense?? 5. Physical or just spiritual or both?? 6. You believe that Jesus was God and son of God both at the same time?? 7. Do you believe that he was a prophet or not?? 8. Do you believe that Jesus was a man or son of a man?? It would be good if you spread news about your faith more clearly, by giving numbers to the questions raised above. Thanks.

is MORMON and MORON are one and same

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 06 February 2008 at 8:00am

We have several additional testaments of Jesus Christ and God given to us through our Prophets.  The Book of Mormon is the most known.  Then there is the Pearl of Great Price and the Doctrine and Covenants.  All of these are available online at http://scriptures.lds.org/ - http://scriptures.lds.org.

As for your questions.

1. Original Sin - We do not believe in Original Sin as defined by Traditional Christians.  I prefer to use the term "First Sin".  We are not born with the taint of sin on our souls.  Instead, by Adam's actions, we became mortal beings and can suffer and die.  Had Adam never sinned, we would live in the Garden of Eden, sinless and ignorant.  Our belief is that God knew that once he pulled the veil of truth over our eyes, certain things would happen.  Eve is heralded as the clever one of the two. God gave us two orders.  God forth and multiply and don't eat the fruit of the knowledge of Good and Evil.  Eve knew that for humanity to flourish, she had to chose which of these was most important.  She chose to eat the fruit so we all may be tested.  Thus original sin is not some blight on the soul, but an event that brought change.

2.  We believe that the Bible is the word of God as long as it is translated correctly.  We believe there have been corruptions to the Bible which is why the Book of Mormon is so needed.  It was preserved by the Hand of God.

3-5  We believe Jesus to be the literal Son of God.  As we are all the literal spirit children of God.  Jesus is the only begotten son, he is our eldest spirit brother.  He was conceived through a miracle and born to the VIRGIN Mary.  (some will say we believe God had sex with Mary, false...)  How this miracle was done, is not known.  I personally like the Islamic statement of God simply speaking and Jesus is created.  It really speaks to our believe that Jesus is "The Word"

6.  Mormons reject the Unified Trinity.  Jesus Christ is the SON of God.  Heavenly Father is God and the Holy Spirit is the messenger of God.  They are not one being, however, they are one in purpose.

7.  Jesus was more than a Prophet, he was the Messiah.  He held the keys of Prophethood, but he was so much more.  Jesus as we knew him was a sinless man, sent by God as the Messiah, the begotten son.  He died as he knew he would since the Council in Heaven.  He is now Resurrected and Perfected. 

Our church posts all of our scriptures online.  Please feel free to read them.  I would suggest you read the Book of Moses to understand our beliefs of Creation.

As this is a forum about Jesus and not Mormonism. If you have any other questions...feel free to Private Message me.

Posted By: Israfil
Date Posted: 06 February 2008 at 9:12am

is MORMON and MORON are one and same

Date Posted: 06 February 2008 at 10:22am

Poga,

Not nice to ask if Moron and Mormon are the same.

How would you like it if someone asked if muslim and muslin(cloth) are the same.

Please dont poke fun.

The Mormon religion is very nice. I know the religion very well.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 February 2008 at 10:23am

Poga,

Is there a significance in your name 'Poga' . Or are you a pogo stick?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 February 2008 at 10:59am
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

Poga,

Is there a significance in your name 'Poga' . Or are you a pogo stick?

yes significance of my name is i am from town called Maulvi Bazar in Bangladesh and other Bangladeshi especially sylheti call us poga meaning FOOL

because they say we voted for one educated cobbler in place of un eduacated tyrant to be our elected mp

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 06 February 2008 at 11:03am

Poga,

Not nice to ask if Moron and Mormon are the same.

How would you like it if someone asked if muslim and muslin(cloth) are the same.

Please dont poke fun.

The Mormon religion is very nice. I know the religion very well.

it is always been your way to name the muslims  but by calling what you like our meaning will never change

i am learned this from christian

but you did not say are Mormon and moron are same or not

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 06 February 2008 at 11:19am

angel i think you are alone bring another angel israfil

lets see two angels against one black men

it is i who say Jesus will come five times to this earth

if you do not believe what i say and say no he will come once two time or three then you produce your proof

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 07 February 2008 at 1:29am

Bro Poga,

We are off topic, but I researched both names, Poga and Moron, after you explained the meaning behind yours.

Moron was originally an English scientific term, coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard from the Greek word moros meaning "dull" (as opposed to sharp) and used to describe a person with a mental age between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale. It was also once applied to people with an IQ of 51-70 and was a step up from "imbecile" (IQ of 26-50) and two steps up from "idiot" (IQ of 0-25). The word moron, along with "retarded" and "feeble-minded" (among others), was once considered a valid descriptor in the psychological community, though these words have all now passed into common slang use, exclusively in a detrimental context

Moron (Ether 11:14-18) was a later Jaredite king who reigned during a time of great wickedness and turmoil, and was himself wicked. He lost half his kingdom for many years in a rebellion and, after regaining his kingdom, was completely overthrown and lived out his life in captivity. He was the grandfather of the prophet Ether

A Poga is a descriptive noun for a http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=noob - noob . A Pogas place of dwelling is the computer where he spends many hours attempting to diminish his noob statues. A Poga does not enjoy sport or any activity what so ever. A Poga is a violent creature who may lash out every now and again if provoked, thus approach with extreme caution.

All things said, a Mormon is not a moron. Just as you Poga are no fool.

Why do you now say that Jesus will come 5 times, and not 4 as you previously mentioned? Will you increase that number to 6 when you reply?

-------------

Date Posted: 07 February 2008 at 5:35am

Bro Poga,

We are off topic, but I researched both names, Poga and Moron, after you explained the meaning behind yours.

Moron was originally an English scientific term, coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard from the Greek word moros meaning "dull" (as opposed to sharp) and used to describe a person with a mental age between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale. It was also once applied to people with an IQ of 51-70 and was a step up from "imbecile" (IQ of 26-50) and two steps up from "idiot" (IQ of 0-25). The word moron, along with "retarded" and "feeble-minded" (among others), was once considered a valid descriptor in the psychological community, though these words have all now passed into common slang use, exclusively in a detrimental context

Moron (Ether 11:14-18) was a later Jaredite king who reigned during a time of great wickedness and turmoil, and was himself wicked. He lost half his kingdom for many years in a rebellion and, after regaining his kingdom, was completely overthrown and lived out his life in captivity. He was the grandfather of the prophet Ether

A Poga is a descriptive noun for a http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=noob - noob . A Pogas place of dwelling is the computer where he spends many hours attempting to diminish his noob statues. A Poga does not enjoy sport or any activity what so ever. A Poga is a violent creature who may lash out every now and again if provoked, thus approach with extreme caution.

All things said, a Mormon is not a moron. Just as you Poga are no fool.

Why do you now say that Jesus will come 5 times, and not 4 as you previously mentioned? Will you increase that number to 6 when you reply?

Hello Martha you are right about poga and thank you for info about mormons

i do not have any inferiority complex but complex i do have superiority one and i am not mixed like British and Bengali i am mixed like Jinn and Insaan

you know why i am the great MUSALMAN

and indeed poga means fool ask any non maulavi bazari people of bangladesh

no i am not going to say six because it is five

and i said four before because four is included in five but not six if i say exactly five

before i gave answer i want some response from Muslims in this matter

seekheedayath can i interest you in this topic please come your opinion will greatly strengthen my points

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 07 February 2008 at 6:07am

Poga,

What response do you want from muslim. I am muslim, did you not know this?

-------------

Date Posted: 07 February 2008 at 6:36am

Poga,

sorry no sister i thought you are mormon

what i want is just simple i want someone to say no Jesus will not be coming five times because it Say's so here in this Kitab or by this Alim

that's it

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 07 February 2008 at 8:10am
Poga,

Mormon is the term used by outsiders to refer to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Mormon was a Prophet from the Ancient Americas who gathered together the works of other Prophets to be preserved by the Hand of God.

One of the tenets of Islam that I so adore is the concept of Manners.  You seem to not have the manners that Muhammed (pbuh) taught.  I have always treated the Muslims here with respect and treated your faith with respect.  I own a copy of the Quran and respect it and make sure that it is not damaged.  I respect all the faithful adherents of faiths who in turn respect my right to believe.

There is no compulsion in religion, respect is to be given to the People of the Book as was done by the Prophet.  I don't tell you that you are st**id for believing in Islam.  I think just the opposite.  I think that a person who has faith in God is smart. 

We may disagree on the nature of God, who are Prophets and who are not, but we worship the same God.  We are all his creations and if we respected and cared for each other a little better, then the world would be a better place.

Imagine if you will the potential reverts you meet.  Will you disrespecting them give them a bad view of Islam.  Yes, it will.  You should always be kind.  Kindness is Charity.  Charity is Love.  Love is Faith.

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 07 February 2008 at 10:56am

Poga,

Your post was deleted. It is important that we all comply with guidelines.

15. We will not tolerate personal attacks on participants from ANY Community (personal attacks are defined as comments that reflect upon the person instead of their opinion). Furthermore, any insults intended to ANY religion, ANY prophet of God, or ANY holy scripture shall be removed.

16. Slanderous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening, or harassing comments are not tolerated. ALL comments by the person who adopts such a manner may be removed and the person will lose the privilege of participating in the forums in future. We will try to block attempts from the same person to sign up with a different User name as well.

Guidelines

Peace

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Date Posted: 07 February 2008 at 11:28am
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Poga,

Your post was deleted. It is important that we all comply with guidelines.

15. We will not tolerate personal attacks on participants from ANY Community (personal attacks are defined as comments that reflect upon the person instead of their opinion). Furthermore, any insults intended to ANY religion, ANY prophet of God, or ANY holy scripture shall be removed.

16. Slanderous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening, or harassing comments are not tolerated. ALL comments by the person who adopts such a manner may be removed and the person will lose the privilege of participating in the forums in future. We will try to block attempts from the same person to sign up with a different User name as well.

Guidelines

Peace

thank you ...salam

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 07 February 2008 at 4:20pm

Poga,

sorry no sister i thought you are mormon

what i want is just simple i want someone to say no Jesus will not be coming five times because it Say's so here in this Kitab or by this Alim

that's it

ASSALAMUALIKUM

as there was no answer

i have taken it upon me replay i hope you will find it factual

Yes Jesus will return but do they know how many times he will come
What begun when first time ALLAH Rubbed his divine hand on the back of the earthen ADAM
And out came all his Chromosome
And all his progeny including JESUS fell on the Vally Arafath like the grains of maize
Then he came the second coming in belly of the virgin MARIAM as the INJILIC page
On his fourth return he will kill the DAJJAL and on the fifth at the day of judgment he will save the MUSLIM
As the one of the many viceroys of the Savior of the entire creations MUHAMMAD Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallim
Yes indeed JESUS first said i am the Prophet of ALLAH in the Vally of NAMAAN
Yes indeed JESUS said i am the Prophet of ALLAH and the Qadian Is The Prophet of SHAITAAN
Yes JESUS will return not once or two three four but five time by the command of ALLAH
Including the Jamath of Prophets in the night of MIRAJ at the BAITUL MUQADDAS under IMAM of all Imams MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

from SWEETSWORDS 15 [ SURE ]

5.It is the day on which Allaah took the covenant from the progeny of Adam.

It was reported that Ibn Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: 'Allaah took the covenant from the ...[offspring] of Adam in Na'maan, i.e., Arafaah. He brought forth ... all his offspring and spread them before Him, then He addressed them, and said: 'Am I not your Lord? They said, 'Yes, we testify,' lest you should say on the Day of Resurrection: 'Verily, we have been unaware of this.' Or lest you should say: 'It was only our fathers aforetime who took others as partners in worship along with Allaah, and we were (merely their) descendents after them; will You then destroy us because of the deeds of men who practised Al-Baatil (i.e., ploytheism and committing crimes and sins, invoking and worshipping others besides Allaah)?' [al-A'raaf 7:172-173 interpretation of the meaning].' Narrated by Ahmad and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani. And there is no greater day than this and no greater covenant than this.

It was reported that Ibn Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: 'Allaah took the covenant from the ...[offspring] of Adam in Na'maan, i.e., Arafaah. He brought forth ... all his offspring and spread them before Him, then He addressed them, and said: 'Am I not your Lord? They said, 'Yes, we testify,' lest you should say on the Day of Resurrection: 'Verily, we have been unaware of this.' Or lest you should say: 'It was only our fathers aforetime who took others as partners in worship along with Allaah, and we were (merely their) descendents after them; will You then destroy us because of the deeds of men who practised Al-Baatil (i.e., ploytheism and committing crimes and sins, invoking and worshipping others besides Allaah)?' [al-A'raaf 7:172-173 interpretation of the meaning].' Narrated by Ahmad and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani. And there is no greater day than this and no greater covenant than this.

-------------
awal

Date Posted: 07 February 2008 at 6:25pm

it's sister  

So now its five not four times that jesus will return ???

your evidence is your sweetwords ?? that's not enough that is your personal belief. I wanted proper evidence from qu'ran but you seem to be incapable of that.

[quote]angel i think you are alone bring another angel israfil

lets see two angels against one black men

it is i who say Jesus will come five times to this earth

if you do not believe what i say and say no he will come once two time or three then you produce your proof

"it is i who say Jesus will come five times to this earth" YOU got that right!!

-------------

Posted By: BMZ
Date Posted: 09 February 2008 at 4:13am

Yes. Any person who has done wrong must pay for his sin.

What was the SIN or WRONG committed by God that God had to make an innocent and good man suffer?

And what was Jesus' sin?

Salaams

BMZ 

-------------
Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."

Date Posted: 11 February 2008 at 5:02am
Originally posted by BMZ BMZ wrote:

[QUOTE=believer]

What was the SIN or WRONG committed by God that God had to make an innocent and good man suffer?

And what was Jesus' sin?

The point is the Jesus volunteered for this.  (From an LDS standpoint)

He volunteered to sacrifice himself for all mankind.  A perfect offering.  The perfect lamb. 

His sacrifice is not a punishment for a sin.  Its an example of absolute love.  There is no greater act of love a person can do than to lay down their life so that another might live.

Jesus died to fulfill more than just "the law", by dying sinless for all mankind and then being resurrected by God, he defeated the mortality brought to mankind by the first sin of mankind. 

We are all flesh and soul, he was the first to die and be reunited with his flesh in the perfected form we will have after the Last Day. 

Sometimes, I think the tendency to think Jesus didn't choose this and it was thrust upon him leads one to think the Crucifixion story to be a cruel act by an unloving God.  But, Jesus was completely aware of his purpose on Earth.  In the Quran, he speaks from the Cradle.  In the Bible, he teaches in the Temple at a very young age.  I think one of the most telling things is that Jesus' own disciples didn't understand his mission.  They believed in the Judaic Messiah who's a great king and general.  Yet, Jesus was neither in his lifetime.  They could not agree on the core of his message.

The act of the sacrifice was not just about sin.  It was about life and one's connection with God.  It was about resurrection and the proof that the grave is not our last stop. 

Posted By: Douggg
Date Posted: 12 February 2008 at 4:02am
Poga,
Jesus is coming back to this earth one time.  In the Christian bible in the book of Acts Chapter 1
the disciples saw Jesus ascend in the clouds to heaven. Two angels appeared and told the disciples that Jesus would return
in the same manner as he left. In Matthew 24:30-31, Jesus himself said that
at the end of the great tribulation the world would see him returning to htis earth in clouds of glory.
In Revelation 19, Jesus is pictured returning to this earth
to defeat the world's armies gathered together to stop him, as well as,
the Antichrist and the false prophet.

Sincerely,

Doug L.

Posted By: servos servorum
Date Posted: 11 September 2010 at 7:38am
I have read viewpoints from a Lutheran, a Mormon, a Muslim and a Christian on this thread about Christ's death on the cross. It seems the root of the differences lie on the veracity of scriptural text used as reference. Each will obviously quote their respective Holy Book. That all faiths would come to agree on using one definitive version is not likely to happen. Looking at we all have in common: 1) We are all monotheistic, the Holy Trinity notwithstanding i.e. 3 persons in ONE God, hence, monotheistic; 2) We all believe in the afterlife where we are either reunited with our Creator (heaven) or are parted from Him (hell) for all eternity; 3) This will be decided on Judgment Day, Christians believe it is Christ who will sit on the judgment throne and; 4) Our eternal fate will be determined by how we live our lives today. In the New Testament, Christ gives us but 2 commandments, 1) To love God with all our being and 2) To love our neighbor as ourself. Easier said than done you must all agree. Yet try we must, with all our heart. We all have spirits and they were all created by the same God we all worship. We are brothers.

Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 12 September 2010 at 8:32pm
Servos,
I do agree with you on most of what you said. One thing that comes to mind however is what is said in the topic, Christians (most of them) preach that Jesus' blood paid for their sins. I see however that you still confuse me with your statement that " Christians believe it is Christ who will sit on the judgment throne and; 4) Our eternal fate will be determined by how we live our lives today". How that can be if it is said that "Jesus' blood has paid for the sins of all the world"?
Peace
Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Date Posted: 13 September 2010 at 2:23am
Thank you Honeto for your question.

As I stated earlier all of us are guided in particular by our respective Holy Book. It would be Utopia indeed if we all agreed on using but one Holy Book as our reference but that as we all know will never happen. Perhaps it is man's nature to disagree unfortunately often resulting in violent conflicts.

I am Catholic and according to our Holy Bible, Christ's death on the cross is in accordance with God's plan to redeem mankind from the stain of original sin. In essence, it is God's way of saying I will forgive you and let us start anew with a clean slate. No law has been changed rather all spiritual debts up until that point in time has been redeemed by the sacrifice of Christ's blood on the cross. Yet all believers are still admonished to turn away from sin henceforth and obey God's commandments. You still have to earn your place in His Kingdom. You can say through Christ's death on the cross, God the Father demonstrated His infinite mercy and divine justice in one truly sublime stroke.

Our Holy Bible also tells us that Christ is the Son of God, God's Word made flesh and is one of Three Persons in the Holy Trinity. We believe in His second and final coming, the great harvest, where He will separate the chaff from the grain. The grain are those who have earned their place in His Kingdom according to His judgment. There is a painting by Michaelangelo inside the Sistine Chapel that illustrates this. Christ, seated on His throne with his right arm outstretched and about to turn His thumb. Michaelangelo wisely leaves the thumb in neutral position meaning the Judgment can go either way, up or down.

Peace to all men of goodwill.

Date Posted: 25 December 2010 at 5:34pm
Hi Honeto,

I apologize for the late reply as I rely on my email to know if there has been new posts on this thread. At any rate, Christians believe that man's pure relationship with God was broken by Adam and Eve's disobedience in the Garden of Eden that resulted in banishment. This has since been referred to  as the original sin (see Genesis) and created a "gap", as it were, between God and man. Christ's suffering and death on the cross sought to reconcile man and God by offering His life as the sacrificial lamb. This plan of redemption in effect bridged that gap by wiping the slate clean, so to speak. However, this does not mean that the slate will always remain clean. Because our freedom of choice remains then we are still free to sin if we so choose and hence stain ourselves. This is why, in Catholicism, we have a sacrament of Confession also founded in Scripture that allows us to seek forgiveness for our sins and through this sacrament make our spirit clean again. The bottom line is, inspite of Christ's death on the cross, man is still free to sin by his own choice or free will. In the end, however, we will all be made to account for any evil we have committed that we fail to adequately repent for, simply put. I hope this sheds more light on your concern. Please let me know either way.

Date Posted: 24 January 2011 at 8:44am
Friend Honeto,

I hope this reply will be posted this time around. I understand Christian beliefs can be confusing even to Christians. In essence, Christ's death on the cross wiped the slate clean for mankind. In a manner of speaking, our robes were cleansed of all the stain we have accumulated on it by our sins. It is now entirely up to us to keep it that way i.e. clean.

The Catholic Church recognizes that no one is perfect and that we fall into temptation. This is why one of our sacraments, through Christ's example, is the Sacrament of Confession where we confess our sins to a priest and because we are contrite the priest gives his absolution thereafter.

If someone who has committed grave sins dies then these serious offenses will be shown before him when he stands in judgment before Christ our Lord, (who has been given this authority by God the Father). His own remorseless cruel, wicked and gravely sinful acts will condemn him - body and soul - to eternity in Hell.

I hope the good administrator will find this reply fit to post.

Peace.

-------------
"And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of goodness."

Date Posted: 28 February 2011 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by servos servorum servos servorum wrote:

Friend Honeto,

I hope this reply will be posted this time around. I understand Christian beliefs can be confusing even to Christians. In essence, Christ's death on the cross wiped the slate clean for mankind. In a manner of speaking, our robes were cleansed of all the stain we have accumulated on it by our sins. It is now entirely up to us to keep it that way i.e. clean.

The Catholic Church recognizes that no one is perfect and that we fall into temptation. This is why one of our sacraments, through Christ's example, is the Sacrament of Confession where we confess our sins to a priest and because we are contrite the priest gives his absolution thereafter.

If someone who has committed grave sins dies then these serious offenses will be shown before him when he stands in judgment before Christ our Lord, (who has been given this authority by God the Father). His own remorseless cruel, wicked and gravely sinful acts will condemn him - body and soul - to eternity in Hell.

I hope the good administrator will find this reply fit to post.

Peace.
Servous,
so in reality nothing has changed with this so called blood sacrifice if there is such a thing in God's sight. God's justice stands the same from Adam to the last man on earth. We all will stand in front of the all knowing and judged.
And the rality has also shown us that those priests are as human as anyone else and thus capable of any crimes. In front of God they stand equal, how can they be trusted otherwise? surely they will be standing in front of the All knowing like me and you. None will excape His justice and accountablity. Only those who willfully disobeyed will not have chance for His forgiveness and mercy. And those who willfully did not deny the truth will have All Mercyful on their side.
Hasan

-------------
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Date Posted: 28 February 2011 at 7:10pm
[Honeto]
"so in reality nothing has changed with this so called blood sacrifice if there is such a thing in God's sight. God's justice stands the same from Adam to the last man on earth. We all will stand in front of the all knowing and judged."

[SS]
Yes Honeto, that is what we believe.

[Honeto]
"And the rality has also shown us that those priests are as human as anyone else and thus capable of any crimes."

[SS]
Also correct.

[Honeto]
"In front of God they stand equal, how can they be trusted otherwise?"

[SS]
I would not say equal in the sense that because they are clergymen more is expected of them by Christ and God. Our faith teaches us that God bestows His graces on everyone especially more so on priests. By accepting the vow of chastity for example you are already endearing yourself with God because we all know it is a most difficult sacrifice to offer. We still believe that a great majority of priests are faithful and can be trusted.

If you were Satan wouldn't it please you more to ensnare a ranking officer of the Church rather than a mere pawn? One can only imagine the greater temptation Satan subjects all priests in the unseen battle for souls.

[Honeto]
"surely they will be standing in front of the All knowing like me and you. None will excape His justice and accountablity. Only those who willfully disobeyed will not have chance for His forgiveness and mercy. And those who willfully did not deny the truth will have All Mercyful on their side.
Hasan"

[SS]
That's right.

Peace and goodwill to all.

-------------
"And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of goodness."

Date Posted: 02 March 2011 at 1:21pm
Servos,
I want to correct you that for Satan harder to win is not the one in robe but the one stronger in faith. Those robes and ranks can be self appointed, and person very weak in faith so an easy win for Satan as we see in everyday life. So priest don't have any immunity nor special status in front of God. If any have higher degree in the sight of God, and tough for Satan to win is the one with strong faith. Remember God is the only one who knows His true servants from those who wear the robe for people to see their rank. The reality may be otherwise as facts show sometimes when their acts are exposed.
Hasan

-------------

Date Posted: 02 March 2011 at 5:09pm
That is right. The Book of Job in the Bible illustrates what you are saying. What I am saying is that like in chess, priests, bishops, cardinals, the Pope, are the rooks, horses, bishops, queen and king. They bear obvious weight by the very nature of their function. However, to be clear, just because one is not a priest or an officer of the Church does not mean one's faith is less. Of course not. In fact, many saints are lay people.

Best regards,

SS

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net