URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10402
Printed Date: 26 April 2024 at 6:43am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: I have decided to leave
Posted By: Alwardah
Subject: I have decided to leave
Date Posted: 30 September 2007 at 4:11am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

After a very restless night I have decided to leave Islamicity.

Many times, I tried to instil a sense of unity amongst us but unfortunately I failed. We are so divided it is unreal. Each group calling the others names, it is a circus out there. Just as the brothers here criticise and don�t even regard the Wahabi scholars as scholars they (the Wahabi) also don�t regard you as scholars either. Muslim and Sunni are names of the past � the two mainstream groups are Alhul Salafi and Alhul Bid'ah. The egroup that I referred to only rejected the Fatawas I posted from Islamweb, Islam Online, Sunnipath and others. The articles the moderator sent me were sent privately not posted on the boards. Here on IC you don�t only reject their (the Wahabi) Fatawa but you join the non-Muslims in criticising not only the Fatawa but by extension the Ayah from the Glorious Qur'an and Hadith. If we don�t agree with a scholar, present your view quoting from the Glorious Qur'an and Sunnah. That is the only logical way, not criticising and denying the authentic of an authentic Hadith or any Ayah. If the so-called scholar is using the Ayah and Hadith in an incorrect manner to support his own whims and fancies � show him as a fraud by presenting your case supported from the Shariah not opinions and views based on your whims and fancies. You are no better than the person whom you are criticising when you do that.

Unity is something we will never achieve with this type of attitude. Islam is Islam, we don�t make excuses or apologise for aspects of Islam to please the non-Muslims. If the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) and his noble companions did that, they would not have suffered any hardship. They suffered prosecution for 13 long years.

I know I will not find a forum which accepts the views of Ahlul-Sunni (teachings based on the Glorious Qur'an and Sunnah) in the true sense of the word Insha Allah I can always start a Blog on a site that is Islamically based.

I tried to delete my membership but couldn�t find where to do so in the Setting.

With a very heavy heart and much sadness I appeal to one of the Moderators to delete my membership.

If any member wishes to keep in contact with me you can do so: lovesakeenah has my email address, you can get it from her.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala during this Gracious Month forgive us for our shortcoming, guide us to Righteous and Unite His Ummah. Ya Allah! Unite us, Unite Us, Unite Us Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

-------------
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)

Replies:
Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 30 September 2007 at 10:06am
"sigh"

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 01 October 2007 at 1:21am

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 01 October 2007 at 10:23am

Assalamu Alaikum,

Sister Alwardah, please reconsider your decision. See, fundamentally speaking, we have much more common points than the differences we may have. And even those differences should never become an obstacle to reach our common goals. Let us just agree to disagree at some points and move on.

We discuss miscellaneous topics here in various sections while following the rules. And I see that you have been very prompt in complying with guidelines. Therefore, a member of your caliber should not attempt to leave this place forever.

Ramadan Mubarak and may Allah guide us all.

Peace

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Posted By: Angela
Date Posted: 01 October 2007 at 1:55pm

Alwardah,

People are imperfect and have varying opinions.  That does not make them bad people.  And just because someone disagrees with an interpretation does not mean they find the whole thing false. 

Don't think I am bashing on the Quran and the Sunnah.  I disagree with men's (meaning mortal mankind) interpretations of God's perfect light. 

We are all imperfect and subject to being wrong.  As humans, we have been blessed by the Creator to have a rational mind and freewill.  We have been blessed to think for ourselves and to view and interpret things on our own. 

Don't think because you have a different view point that its unwelcomed.  People need to share and express.  I see many of my sisters around the world being hurt.  It makes me sad and angry, perhaps I get a little too ferocious in my defense of their humanity and their freedoms and the injustices done to them in the name of religion.  I do not point to one faith, all are to blame.  Certainly my own church has dark histories in regards to women and race.  So, if I get riled up over issues that prevent women from getting the help they need, forgive me.

I may not agree with you Alwardah, but please don't go because of that.  The world is not black and white. 

Sometimes, its just best to say "You have your way and I have mine...Peace"

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 01 October 2007 at 7:55pm

As'Salamu Alaikum,

The day i read Sis Alwardah's thread, i was in shock that why those members , close to me leave me so quickly. Secondly, i felt her reason to leave was invalid.

But today, after reading her detailed mail, i do affirm her decision. Just that "Saudi thread" was not the reason for her to take such tough decision. Anyways, insha-Allah we shall see her soon. I shall try my best, not to loose such member.

I thank all the members for your responses.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 05 October 2007 at 8:05am

Sister Alwardah,

Please know that you give so much to the board even your not being satisfied from the board but please consider that Allah loves the ones who gives even they suffer....

Please re-think on the issue...

and stay all in Peace....

Posted By: Whisper
Date Posted: 06 October 2007 at 4:06am

Sister, we live in a world of many disagreements. And, all of us are limited to express ourselves only in ways we know.

So, will you also quit the world simply because people are unable to agree with you or express themselves in your prefered format?

Or, will you train them just by your solid noble example?

-------------
Sasha Khanzadeh

Posted By: mariyah
Date Posted: 06 October 2007 at 6:28pm
Asalaamu alaikum Sister Alwardah:
Many of us have been disgruntled a time or 2 and have threatened to leave, but why? Allah Subanallah wa Taa'la made us all different for reasons we cannot imagine, but I would wonder if it might not be a bit purposeful so that we could learn from one another.
You are like a solid ship in a stormy sea, and you are a beacon to those of us that sometimes flounder. I thank you for the reflections and suggestions and have learned much from you. Knowledge is nothing and worthless if it is not shared with another. You have great knowledge and deen.
I hope that maybe you will take a break, take a deep breath of fresh air, and return and continue the Jihad. For that is what it is, a constant struggle to understand one another and the world. In this age of globalisation worlds, civilisations and cultures are butting heads and baring fangs, we need steadfast ones like you to weather this age.
Please reconsider!

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Posted By: Whisper
Date Posted: 07 October 2007 at 12:48am

You are like a solid ship in a stormy sea, and you are a beacon to those of us that sometimes flounder.

Hamsheer'em, I am glad, you have noticed her plan. Please talk with her more.

We, pobre men, are manufactured without much tools of intelligence, we just run out of our words and all other steam, in no time. Maryah, just imagine, what will happen if you, her or just the other few sisters who keep this Forum alive, leave? Then we will be left watching just Servetus and our Sign Reader passing the candle to each other.

(Passing the Candle is an ancient tradition of poetic gatherings - when the candle was passed on to a poet - he just had to start!)

-------------
Sasha Khanzadeh

Posted By: Walid
Date Posted: 10 October 2007 at 5:27am

Sister Alwardah

salamu alaikum

Stay put sister. Don't leave. This forum need you badly

Abu Mujahid

Date Posted: 10 October 2007 at 6:04am

Poll for Leave of Sister Alwardah,

If you do agree with her leave please send 5,-USD to my iban account number stated below,if you do not agree with her leave please send 10,-USD to my iban account number.

I will announce the results on 31 Oct 2007...

Thanks in advance.

Iban number of Brother Suleyman:TR640020300000001421042950

Posted By: rami
Date Posted: 10 October 2007 at 6:13am
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

what saudi thread?

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Posted By: hakeema
Date Posted: 10 October 2007 at 7:31am

Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

what saudi thread?

As-Salaam Alaikum,

This saudi thread

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10364&PN=1 - http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10364&am p;PN=1 .

But, that is not the only reason she left.

Hakeema

Posted By: sulooni
Date Posted: 10 October 2007 at 11:58am
before you leave make sure u check out my forum...we need people like you there!
http://WWW.INSIGHT-INFO.COM/FORUM -
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INSIGHT-INFO

-------------
www.insight-info.com/forum/default

Posted By: seekshidayath
Date Posted: 10 October 2007 at 5:45pm

Sister Alwadah, shall be back after Eid. Please don't create fuss.

She needed a break and so she shall back soon.

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Posted By: number41
Date Posted: 12 October 2007 at 9:33pm
Yeah..this is the spirit...hope to see you soon...sis..Alwadah!

-------------
'When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Path becomes clear' � Rumi

Posted By: sulooni
Date Posted: 13 October 2007 at 8:47pm
http://www.insight-info.com/forum">sis alwadah

eid mubarak.

www.insight-info.com/forum

-------------
www.insight-info.com/forum/default

Posted By: VoiceOf
Date Posted: 14 October 2007 at 5:49am

As Salamu Alaikum.. Eid Mubarak to all muslims arround the Universum...

Sister Alwardah, has decided to leave.

I have read a bit of this thread about saudi thread, I think, she may should keep that, to leave...

That is best, Allahu Aleem...

Date Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:45am
Anyone considering on the poll?....

Posted By: Daniel Dworsky
Date Posted: 29 October 2007 at 4:38pm
Will you take a check? Can't you be serious!!!!?

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 29 October 2007 at 9:42pm

Salaamu Alaykum, Sister,

I understand how you feel.  But on one hand you say you want unity, but on the other you want to leave and not work things out.  We aren't going to agree on much, but if we stop talking, we'll agree on even less.  It'll just be quieter.

I think we should emphasize things that we agree on.  Let's work to decrease poverty and stop humiliation of women as a weapon in war.

Let's work on getting women who have been thus harmed respect, dignity and love from people to show that they perpertrators do not have the power they thought if the families continue to love each other.  Allah, The Loving, already has that in control.  

You're worried about issues.  I'm worried about all that this world has taken from my children and continues to throw at them with little or no help from Muslims while they are being attacked for being believers.

Maybe you could just reevaluate your stances or emphases?

Salaamu Alaykum

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 29 October 2007 at 9:43pm

Originally posted by Daniel Dworsky Daniel Dworsky wrote:

I appreciated the laugh, really! And don't be concerned that my envelope bounces into your hands.  It's nothing, really.

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 30 October 2007 at 4:18am

As Salamu Alaikum  Sister

Thanks for the response, I have already reconsidered and have started posting.

I also worry about the children of the world�..being childless, does not mean I don�t care about them.

The way I look at it we cannot help women or the poor unless we start implementing Allah�s Law according to the Glorious Qur'an and Sunnah.

Our goals are not different but the path we take is���..if we become better practising Muslims ourselves, unite as an Ummah we are creating the best atmosphere for our children to grow up in and our families to live in.

May Allah protect our children, guide us and keep us on the Siratul-Mustaqeem. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

-------------
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)

Date Posted: 30 October 2007 at 4:37am

Originally posted by Daniel Dworsky Daniel Dworsky wrote:

Hmm...,i have remembered a old saying of Turks....

Forget it...

Posted By: palistine
Date Posted: 30 October 2007 at 12:04pm

Peace be with you sister, Alwardah,

I would only say one thing, and that is we should stand for justice even if iits against your self. its in the haddieth and the Glorious Quran. By reasoning, we can change things, by anger and aggression we only doom our selfs. i hope we can mature as co- religionist and contribte some thing that is worthy...

Palestine  

Date Posted: 30 October 2007 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by palistine palistine wrote:

Peace be with you sister, Alwardah,

I would only say one thing, and that is we should stand for justice even if iits against your self. its in the haddieth and the Glorious Quran. By reasoning, we can change things, by anger and aggression we only doom our selfs. i hope we can mature as co- religionist and contribte some thing that is worthy...

Palestine  

Peace to you too. I totally agree with you.

Anger is a very strong emotion and I almost ruined myself.

See you around.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 October 2007 at 11:37pm
Welcome back sister,Maash'Allah...ws...

Posted By: palistine
Date Posted: 01 November 2007 at 12:01pm

Peace again Alwardah,

Its nice to see you rolling agian. i look forward to more rufutes from your side and less emotions. we are lacking more of these in the family.

Palestine  

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net