IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Giving Sadaqah online  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Giving Sadaqah online

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Giving Sadaqah online
    Posted: 03 January 2018 at 11:28pm
Assalam o Alaikum Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I hope you all are well. I am from Pakistan but I live in Australia and my question is around paying Sadaqah. According to my knowledge, giving Sadaqah is one of the various ways to please Allah and Sadaqah is normally given to poor who do not have basic necessities of life for themselves or their families.

Finding such type of people in need is almost impossible in Australia. Therefore, I normally give Sadaqah online to Edhi or Chhipa or similar charity organisations in Pakistan so that they can help poor people in need. However, I do not feel that close to Allah Suban Wa Tala as I do when I do Qurbani myself or at least see it in front of my eyes in Pakistan. Doing Qurbani yourself or seeing it in front of your eyes is also next to impossible in Australia.

Can any of the brothers and sisters share their knowledge about whether giving Sadaqah money online is same as giving it with your hands to a poor / doing Qurbani yourself? I'd like to feel myself closer to Allah Suban Wa tala when giving Sadaqah. Paying it online feels more like a formality.

Jazak Allah Khair.

Muhammad.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 7:53pm
Salam/peace
In my humble opinion in the eyes of Allah is exactly the same.
The most important thing is the intention (niyah), not the way to give it, but how the feeling of your heart when youi give it.
Give directly with your hand to the poor, emotionally it has more touching, but the result will be the same.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
adeeliqbal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adeeliqbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 12:34am
Originally posted by adyiqbal adyiqbal wrote:

First, needy and poor family members are our first choice to give them Sadqa and Zakat. If they don't have then your poor neighbors.

Yes, true. Fist choice must be your relatives.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic