IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dreaming of our prophet (pbuh)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dreaming of our prophet (pbuh)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abou Aden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dreaming of our prophet (pbuh)
    Posted: 29 November 2016 at 11:18am
Salam Aleykom,

I hope this message finds you well. I wish the best to our community.

This topic is regarding a dream that I have made I think 10 years ago. I remember it as if it was last night. I dreamt of our prophet Mohammad (pbuh) and I would love to know if someone here could interprete this dream. If not, is there a famous book or scholar who could do so ?

I'll give all the details about my dream if asked, insha'Allah.

Thank you.

God bless you.

Abu Aden.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 12:33pm
Wa alaikum salam,

In my humble opinion, just forget about it. It's better thinking about what's in your mind while you are awake and rather than thinking about what's in your mind while you are sleeping.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Abou Aden Abou Aden wrote:

Salam Aleykom,

I hope this message finds you well. I wish the best to our community.

This topic is regarding a dream that I have made I think 10 years ago. I remember it as if it was last night. I dreamt of our prophet Mohammad (pbuh) and I would love to know if someone here could interprete this dream. If not, is there a famous book or scholar who could do so ?

I'll give all the details about my dream if asked, insha'Allah.

Thank you.

God bless you.

Abu Aden.

Wa alaikum Salaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatahu

There is a book called Ta'abeer Al Ruya - Dreams and Interpretation by Imam Muhammad Ibn Sirin (alaihi Rahma). You can search it online.

It is the best piece of writing ever written on the subject of dreams by an Islamic Sage. He was a mystic.

The writing gives several hundred of examples of dreams as seen by his visitors and how he interpreted them using his deep knowledge of Quran and Hadith.

He has also categorized each chapter according to the  types of objects seen by the dreamer and their experiences. He has also devoted a chapter of 'Seeing the Prophet' that I hope might help you.

But please do keep one thing in mind do not interpret your dream with what comes to your mind after reading that chapter. I'm just trying to help you so you do not do a negative interpretation even though the actual interpretation might be a good one.

I would like to ask you a question. You saw the Prophet (sallAllahu alaihi Wassallam) 10 years ago, how come you didn't try to get it interpreted for so long? Or did you already figure out the meaning but you are unsure?

May Allah (swt) guide us all. Ameen!
Abou Aden View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abou Aden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 9:35pm
Al Salam Aleykom,

Thank you very much for your kind answer.
I will try to find this book online. I have heard about it. Don't worry, I will not interprete it in a negative way nor am I looking to understand it for a specific purpose. It is just that I always remember it as something good for me and always kept in mind that one day I would ask someone about it.
You asked a very good question. Why 10 years after ? Simply because in a life, you sometimes face what you see as difficulties, and you come back to your faith, practice and you become stronger, more patient, more grateful to what you have. I have no explanation of why now, but I just would love to know if there is any meaning that I missed. I have my interpretation but I am not a scholar. I have also asked my aunt who is mashallah very into her practice. She gave me her view about it while crying.

May Allah (swt) guide us all and accept our prayers.
Ameen.
Abou Aden View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abou Aden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 9:39pm
Al Salam Aleykom brother,

I really respect your opinion, but I am looking to understand this dream, first of all because a roy'a is not something bad. Secondly, I will not use this interpretation for anything. It is just something that happened to me and I am grateful that I have seen our beloved prophet (pbuh). I swear to Allah that this is not a show off. I just want to have some views about it and that is it.

Thank you for your comment and I wish you the best.

May Allah (swt) guide us and protect us all.

Abou Aden.
syed_z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 8:28pm
Wa alaikum Salaam Abou Aden,

JazakAllah khayr for sharing your experience. I apologize for using the word 'negative', what I meant to say was 'misinterpret'.

But MashA'Allah reading what you shared I believe that you will not be confused towards a misinterpretation InshA'Allah.

I would like to share a hadith that the Prophet (SallAllahu alaihi Wassallam) said to his Ummah about seeing him in a dream

�Whoever has seen me in a dream has truly seen me, for Satan cannot take my form.� (Bukhari)

May Allah (swt) materialize this dream in your life and means to bring you closer to Allah and His Rasool. Ameen.

Abou Aden View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abou Aden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2016 at 7:21am
Al Salam Akeykom brother,

No worries at all. I was not offended. No need to apologize. I am grateful for your comment.

And thank you for this beautiful hadith.

May Allah (swt) protects you. Ameen.

Abou Aden
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic