IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What does follwoing hadith means?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What does follwoing hadith means?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What does follwoing hadith means?
    Posted: 03 February 2007 at 7:54pm

What does the following hadith means? does it means that I can eat normal chicken sold in Christian stores?

Imam al-Bukhari adduces the following hadith in his ahadith collection:

�Once the representatives of a tribe asked Prophet Muhammad (may the Lord greet and bless him):�Verily there is a beduin tribe which brings us meat. But we do not know whether they mention the name of the Lord [when they slaughter a beast] or they don�t�. The Prophet answered:�Invoke the name of the Lord yourselves and eat that meat�
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 8:24pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

In the Quran Allah implies you can drink alcohol after prayer but not beffore you go to pray does that mean we can drink alcohol

sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one akhi by the end of the 23 years rasul allah [pbuh] spent on earth what you mention above has become abrogated.

no scholar makes a fatwah by simply looking at one hadith, you cant make a hadith contradict the Quran or the Quran contradict a hadith because certainly the scholars who have gone through the Quran and sunnah with a fine toothpick over a period of 1400+ years have never come up with that conclusion.

It is not permissible for a person like my self and you to go through the hadtih collection and derive rulings becouse most certainly we would come up with conclusions like you have stated.

A true scholar when asking him a question may quote the relavant hadith or verse for his answer but this is for the sake of being brief not becouse that is all there is to the matter, so we cant go and imitate them in this manner.

Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 6:57pm

Because the hadith has appeared in the collection of Imam Bukhari then it should be duly respected. If the prophet never said that or if the chain of narration of that Hadith is weak, then it is o.k. not to follow it. Otherwise it is a very wise reply from the prophet of Allah and should be followed.

There are many other examples like that. I donot have reference but some one asked the prophet s.a.w.s. about the cleaning (washing) of the shoes. He replied that there is no need to wash them. Walking about purifies them.

There is another report about some kind of cheeze that was brought to the prophet s.a.w.s. and it was told that it was made (processed) with the fat (or some ingredient) of the swine. He cut a part of it and ate it.

I was faced with a difficult situation in China. I was a team leader and a guest there. In the evening we saw a big fried duck in the centre of the dining table. The Chinese hosts were very jubilant (happy) to offer us that speciality. My frineds (about ten of them) asked from they got the duck. The chinese replied that it was "Shoot (shot?) for you in the jungle".

All my friends being Muslims left the table and sat at the other table. I was left alone there. So what to do then?? The chinese were surprised and did not know what was going on. I told my friends to come back and co-operate. They refused.

So, I picked up the knife. I recited the Kalimah and cut a piece of the duck and I ate it there, alone. That was the best I could do then. It is in the Quran that any one who is put in some difficult situation but he is not rebellious nor habitual, then there is no sin on him. "Faman idhturra ghaira baaghin wa laa aadin, Flaa ithma Alaihi."

May Allah Forgive me if I did wrong. But this was a practical situation. I had no chance to consult any scholar.

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2007 at 4:19am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

minuteman do you know what the word abrogation means?

regarding your situation, you are in a foreign country and halal food is not accessible these are not normal circumstances while the hadith above was provided as proof that we can eat non halal meat on a regular basis by simply pronouncing bismillah on the food before we eat it. This is completely different.

Also no attempt was made to study the context of the hadith, it was simply taken at face value.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic