IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - One week later ..  I accepted Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One week later .. I accepted Islam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One week later .. I accepted Islam
    Posted: 11 March 2005 at 10:18pm

Quote:
====

One Sunday in November last year, as always I attended church with my husband and kids in my hometown, Tulsa, Oklahoma. The good reverend talked about the Islamic threat to our country and the American way of life and the horrible treatment of women by Muslims and lack of family or moral values in their culture. We all cried Amen, and ate out that day. That same night I found out that my 15 year old daughter was pregnant, she did not know by who. On Monday evening a family fight broke out over this and ended with me discovering that my daughter was molested by my husband when she was 10. Tuesday evening I kicked my husband out.

On Wednesday another fight and now I find out from my daughter that my 19 year old son's girlfriend was pregnant by him 2 years ago and had an abortion. Wednesday evening my husband came back for his things accompanied by his new girlfriend-a creature I know from church.

Thursday morning I went to church seeking answers. Reverend was not in. Later found reverend at the post office, he said that may be I was being too harsh with my husband and family and we all make mistakes. Told me to look within myself for answers and repent for my sins?

Rest of Thursday and Friday morning I gave it deep thought. I had not been to work in a week. Drove to my mother's in Oklahoma City. Sitting in her backyard smoking my 100th cigarette, I saw a Muslim family playing in their backyard. The husband was being chased by kids while the wife looked on happily. The Moslem lady turned to me and smiled. I did not smile back. I thought they hated me.

Drank and smoked Friday night. Sick all Saturday. Saw Moslem Nighbor's wife again that day hanging up her laundry, she smiled again. We became friends.

One week later on a Friday I accepted Islam. I can see why we were being told to stay away from Muslims and Islam - we ran the risk of discovering the truth and peace like I have never known before. What is missing in our lives ? This very thing called Islam.

Deb.
====
end quote

Semar: This is part of comments of the following article:
http://www.iviews.com/Articles/articles.asp?ref=IC0503-2637

http://iviews.com/comments/Commentspopup.asp?ref=30167

Edited by semar
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2005 at 3:28am

Semar, as-salamu alaykum,

I haven't been able to figure out whether this is your own story or you quoted it from somebody else. Could you please clarify that?

Note: I have got a new user name as "Mustafaa" but I am your old friend who lately used the identity "Mustafa - Mathsson". Don't think I am a stranger!

Edited by Mustafaa
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2005 at 8:59am
no this is not my own story. Her name is Deb. I quoted her coment on iviews, see the link above
muslim_gal1988 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslim_gal1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2005 at 3:35am
nice story
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic