IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Not only for Whisper  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not only for Whisper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 1:20pm

By their irresponsible actions the latest being the kidnapping of the christian missionaries and by propagating a wildly radical form of Islam the Taliban and its supporters are defaming the noble image of Islam.  

All muslims need to stand up and condemn the heinous deeds committed by taliban and its supporters in the name of Islam.

Edited by syed123
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 7:36pm

By their irresponsible actions the latest being the kidnapping of the christian missionaries and by propagating a wildly radical form of Islam the Taliban and its supporters are defaming the noble image of Islam.  

Sign*Reader
Senior  Member
Paa jee, please, don't. I can clearly hear your mind in gear, at my Morshed, again.

Please, remember my gramophone needle post? Seems you didn't read it. It's a bit stuck in the same track. Look, I plead for him, for anything's sake, pleeze, don't get at him.

He has a big image problem, living in the US, we just have to say such things, at times. He is so innocent. I promise, my mushedos is absolutely innocent, he doesn't even know that the Afganos are fighting a war of freedom and anyone seen as part of the US apparatus becomes a target.

Please, also look at my morshed's absolute innocence to any matters of freedom. Sir (look, I have even Knighted you!) he comes from a very long line of very decent folks, with a long tradition of being more loyal than the Dip Tea klector himself. I know, it's more loyal than the monarch, but his folks didn't have any such access so they just had to do with all their loyalty to the Dip Tea Klector.

Please, will you condone this act of absolute innocence?

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 7:56pm

All muslims need to stand up and condemn the heinous deeds committed by taliban and its supporters in the name of Islam.

Murshedo, I love you, but would you, please, list some of these deeds other than those you harvested from the US media?

Plus, have you ever been through an invasion or anywhere close to it? Sir, it's an outright war brought on my people by your government, just for the sake of the flag you swear allegiance to each morning, at school before starting lessons.

You will do the US great service if you worked for getting your forces (paid for by your tax dollars) out - before they all turn into hard drug junkies, courtesy of legendary Pathaan hospitality. I won't even mention the other Pathan things you young men are now experiencing.

I have submitted it once before that the Pathaan has no tradition of dancing to the tunes of some Dip Tea klectors and other invaders. He knows only how to fight for his freedom.

So, please, invest your breath in saving your boys and also your tax dollars. The Afghan and the Iraqi will bankrupt the US - instead of shouting all such abuses at us.

syed123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2007 at 9:24pm

The Taliban are misguided religious zealots with a very narrow minded concept of Islam .

Talking about Afghanistan which is already a failed state mired in internal strife  lets not forget the fratricidal internal warfare after 1992 between the northern alliance and  the taliban.

Forget about fighting the external forces ,the ethnically divided afghans have been fighting among themselves since years.

Blaming united states or the western powers for their own internal failures and divisions is  wrong and detrimental for the progress of afghanistan.

Personal accountability , unity and tolerance is the need of the day for the afghans in order to prosper.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2007 at 10:39pm
These nuts go into the war zone to make children sing about jesus while bombs are flying, and then show up on cams pleading for their lives.

you cant put your arm in Lions mouth and expect it to come out in one piece.

They dont deserve kidnapping, but its their own fault

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9830&KW= ak%5Fm%5Ff
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2007 at 11:00pm

These nuts go into the war zone to make children sing about jesus while bombs are flying, and then show up on cams pleading for their lives.

you cant put your arm in Lions mouth and expect it to come out in one piece.

They dont deserve kidnapping, but its their own fault

Thank goodness, Community didn't succeed in getting you into some army. You would make a good journalist, ak_m_f

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2007 at 11:42pm

The Taliban are misguided religious zealots with a very narrow minded concept of Islam.

You are absolutely right on that score. But do any people ever hold any right, to find their own path, through their own struggle? I know, it�s a bit sad, but most Afghans preferred the Taliban to the Cap It All ist zealots with a very narrow minded concept of Life

Talking about Afghanistan which is already a failed state mired in internal strife lets not forget the fratricidal internal warfare after 1992 between the northern alliance and the taliban.

Absolutely! But, does the path of history just refuse to roll on after that period? Or, didn�t this situation precipitate into some reasonable balance? And, why was this state of affairs not to the taste of best friends who happen to have our interest closer to their hearts than even their own?

Forget about fighting the external forces, the ethnically divided afghans have been fighting among themselves since years.

I have always confessed to being a peasant.

I would be delighted to be a bit educated on this ethnically divided afghans have been fighting among themselves since years in anything other than:

1.      An exceptionally brief Amir Yaqub Ali period

- with British Indian Government's overt actions 

2.      The Soviet invasion years

3.      Some of Khalid Hussaini's "Kite Runner" passages

- released during, around or after this invasion.

4.      A few verses in Tuzuk e Babri

- the 1st Moghul Indian Emperor�s diaries riddled with frustration at his failure to capture and subjugate the Afghan tribes.

5.      The recent Anglo-American spin for justifying their actions.

Sir, it�s a basic anthropological fact that a society, of scattered around tribes, has much less infighting than some society carved out, as some collage of ethnicities and forced to exist together out of some artificial considerations.

Blaming united states or the western powers for their own internal failures and divisions is wrong and detrimental for the progress of afghanistan.

Please, just be a bit kind on us poor folks.

Who is blaming anyone for anything? We have simply been forced into fighting invaders.

I know, it�s not to the Anglo-American taste, but what can we do? We suffer from this strange lust for freedom. Okay, not all of us, but say around 92% of Afghans believe it to be some kind of their funny birthright.

Personal accountability, unity and tolerance is the need of the day for the afghans in order to prosper.

All of these and a whole range more of such ethics are carved, as if on stone, in the Pakhtun Wali. We had little need for any such education, with the most civilised daisy cutters, cluster bombs and depleted uranium showers.

Now, you seem to be measuring everything by that great Donald Rumsfeldian theorem; the whole world seeks or needs just exactly what we do!

But, if you study these idiots (sorry, but I can, at least, honour my very own lot with this title?) closely, you will find that Auntie Prosperity or Uncle Stock Exchange don't rank very high on their list of priorities. Just Life does; the kind of life they wish to lead, without any dictates from anyone of any kind.

I know, it�s exceptionally sad. But, it just lies somewhere terribly deep in our psyche, no wonder we are not known for our good accountants or as some corner shop owners!

Edited by Whisper
syed123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2007 at 9:47pm

Afghanistan's present-day ethnic mix includes roughly  some 8 million Pushtuns; 5.6 million Tajiks; 1.5 million Hazarahs; 1.5 million Uzbeks; 60,000 Parsiwans; 125,000 Turkmens; and 200,000 Baluchis. Several thousand Kyrgyzes, Arabs, and other ethnic groups also make Afghanistan their home.

Afghanistan is primarily a country of nomads. There are two major tribal confederations in the south. Both Pushtun: the Durrani and the Ghilzai. Both confederations seek to rule the Loya Jirgah or the Afghan Assembly. In the past the Durranis have provided leadership. Increasingly, however, the Ghilzai are asserting themselves, as are the over 100 lesser tribal chiefs.

Similarly, the country is divided among regional warlords. These regions include Herat, Mazar-i Sharif, the Panjsher Valley, Kabul, Hazarajat, and Qandahar.

There has always been violence and bloodshed among all these volatile mixture of groups mentioned above.

The afghans need to start activating their neurons,put on their thinking caps reject violence and destructive ideologies like those of the taliban and work hand in hand with the world including the west  to stop their country from going further  into Oblivion .    

Edited by syed123
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
  Share Topic