IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - online marriage...any thoughts???  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

online marriage...any thoughts???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 4:18am

AS-salaam alaykum babysteps

Just very briefly,I think the issue of'too young' would be an inexhaustible one.The reason most of us would be in 'uniform' here is because when we relate to Islamic rulings on marriage,we might not be using that term'too young'.And to start exploring the is it the 7 or 9 Continents we have now,their culture,custom & what have you?That would be the day!In my country alone,at least,the three main Ethnic have different views regarding marriage.In a particular tribe(Hausa),these people claim to be following the Sunnah & give out their very young female daughters in marriage,once she attains puberty irrespective of the age.The problem with them is,that is just one of their 'claims' of being a True Muslim because they deny their female children the right to be educated.Now where in the Qur'an did they read that?Before I go off topic,in my own Tribe,we seem to place a lot of value in Education & do not consider how old the girl,woman,young lady is,as long as she's still schooling,she's "too young" to be married.Some of these are fast changing these days.I'd also like to read about other people's culture too.And when we also start exploring the Medical implications of marrying late,we'd sure come up with reasons for OR against early arriage.Allah knows Best!

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
Aneesah Shabazz View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aneesah Shabazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 12:53pm

as-salaam alakium how are you fine i meet a muslim brother online

he come down here to meet me .

we been talking on the phone

about 3 months personal i don't think it is a good idea now he is in jail

i was with him when they stop him

i feel somebody for commit a sin

nur1 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nur1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2007 at 8:56pm

Salamu alaykum sister,

Just one reflection about the 3D effect. I think it's not so bad to put this off and learn about the other person with an open but clear mind. Not impacted by looks and let's call it "emotional confusion or excitement". I think we women have tendenciy to get to emotional too soon anyway.

Take the time to find out what are the important things for you before you even start writing somebody.Then analyze and ask the right questions, those that are important for two people who plan to live together for the rest of their lives and insha'allah afterwards. And try to find out as much as possible with whom you are dealing (all with the due respect of course).

And when you feel confused, you can always retreat and look for answers in your prayers.

i wish you the best in your research and don't let the 3D effect fool you...Smile

Aneesah Shabazz View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aneesah Shabazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 4:20am

Salaam Sister would anybody meet there husband online.i know somebody who meet there husband online they got married nov 3,2006 and they have not seen each other since they got married

he don't want to move here with her and she don't want to go there

islamic they are not together

i think online marriage is a good topic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic