IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - help  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tayeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help
    Posted: 26 July 2007 at 1:15pm

I am 14 and just wondering if Allah is listening to my prayers, i have done bad in the past and now i pray for Allah as much as i can and try my best not to do wrong, out of a family of 8 im the only one that prays and make my younger brother too and theres one thing that iv been praying to happen and its yet to happen its been almost 5 months.... what am I doing wrong?

Also can somebody send me a site that has everything to say at each time of prayer just to make sure im saying everything correctly thankyou

Edited by Tayeh
Fear_Allah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fear_Allah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 9:15pm
Assalam alikom,
Just be patient brother/sister...
Of course Allah"Swt" hears your prayers(dua').He"swt" is the All -Hearing
There is a hadith about this matter but unfortunately I couldn't get the English translation of it.So I'll try to say it myself.It's not a translation but It's what I understood from this hadith.
It says that EVERY man who makes dua',it's accepted.Three things may happen:he gets what he wanted,or it's given to him in the other life,or Allah forgives his sins as much as he makes dua' but on condition that he doesn't say:"I asked Allah but He didn't give me"that hadith is narrated by Al-tirmidi and from Abu-Hurayra......
About what you say in prayer"dua'".Just visit this page and you will find what you wanted inshaa Allah
May Allah"swt" guides you to the right path...

Our LORD! accept from us. You indeed, You are the all-Hearing, the all-Knowing. (2:127)
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 4:28am

As' Salamu alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

After going thru your post i cud not resist answering u, though Fear Allah's post and links had everything answered.

You are just 14 and Masha-Allah are worried of your family. Thats a very gud sign. I know a 8 year old younger girl of a family , who  first practiced salah and then send her elder brothers to mosque. Seeing them regular, her parents , alhamdullilah are very regular . In this way , whole family is now turned towards deen. Similarly i wish and pray that insha-Allah you too shall be granted such blessings by the grace of Allah SWT. But remember, u need to work out with patience. I really like children like you, who shall be a great asset to our society. Coming to your point that you have been praying for months. Achcha, before that let me discuss about the "Mistaike" u spoke of. Now, show me a single person, {Except Prophets}  who did not commit sin. We all do commit sins. It part of our fitrah. But as soon as we realise that, we seek forgiveness from Allah SWT. You must have gone thru the link of Fear Allah, wherein its explained as how are we to repent. With a firm decision that u are n't going to repeat that mistake, just move on with your life. Forget it. Whatever has happened is over. I remember reading the below lines, so am sharing this with u.

Islam requires us to submit ourselves to Allah, unconditionally: whether He gives or denies. You work lifelong to win His approval. When you experience ease, you thank Him, and when unease, you bear it with patience. You do not expect Him to find a job for you. But rather, you study, and study hard, pass out with good grades, then you send across applications, and hunt for a job yourself. Finally, when you find one, after a great struggle, you thank Allah for having got you a job.No, there is no way in Islam for someone to pray in a manner in which his wishes can be fulfilled, and quickly. Far from anything happening quickly, there is no guarantee anything will happen at all by way of fulfillment of wishes. Wishes will be granted in Paradise. Here, in this life, you put up efforts and wait for the results. If good, then good; if bad, then also good. All is from Allah. He does what He will. There is no way to coaxing Him into doing what the humans will, and that too at a quick pace.We have been asked to ask Him, and none else. But He has not promised to grant all that we ask, or even one of our wishes. Even Prophets were granted a mere single wish to be fulfilled in this world. (Our Prophet reserved his own for the Next World). Then, why do we ask? Well, we ask Him by way of worship and devotion to Him. We ask to demonstrate our belief in none but Him. We ask Him regardless of grants. Why? To show that we are truly devoted to Him, and are not doing business with Him: in a kind of give and take deal. Of course, He does grant, and does give. Did you have a meal today? Who gave it to you? Did you smile during the day? Who gave you that smile? Are you able to read these lines? Who granted the power of sight? It is Allah, the Bestower. Did you escape a stroke today? You did. Who saw to it? It is Allah. Did you end up in a hospital having eaten the food you did, the water you drank the air you breathed in? No, you did not. By whose intervention? Allah�s.He says, �Ask Me, I will grant.� What does it mean? It means ask none else. What about when you ask a false god? He still grants, such a Bestower is He. He grants, but hates him who asks other than Him.  So, when He says, �Ask Me, I will grant,� then, it means, �Ask not any other.� It does not mean �If you asked not, you will not get.� Nor does it mean, �You ask Me, and the thing will be right there for you to pick up on your way back home.� But rather, when He says, �I will grant� then it means He will grant in a way that suits His wisdom. A man may ask a raise in his income so that he can buy a vehicle to reach office in quick time. Allah grants him barakah in his time. He asks for a raise in salary to meet the cost of travel to a distant job. Allah grants him by getting notice of termination issued to him. The next job is near his residence. A man asks Him a raise in income so that he can meet with the cost of transport to the job site. Allah puts it in the heart of the landowner to demand vacation of his house. He rents another house. It is next to job-site. A man asks for raise in income to meet with the expenses of his travel to his job. Allah saves Him from an accident that was to happen. The amount gets adjusted. A man asks for a raise so that he might spend more in Allah�s cause. Allah responds by granting him a higher level of Paradise in the Hereafter, withholding it in this world because He knows that if given a raise, the man will go after the unlawful. You see, there are thousands of ways in which Allah grants in response to Prayers addressed to Him.  He will decide how He will grant. We remain thankful and forbearing in all circumstances, in all situations. Whatever comes is from Him. And whatever comes is good.

Whats life then, if all of our prayers are answered?

We wish, this little friend of ours stays in touch with Islamicity and share with us whatever u know. Hope this post is n't an overdose. But yes, we are sorry that we did not reply you soon. Anyways, FearAllah here too has bagged the credit . Anyways, we pray Allah SWT , to grant you with patience and strong faith. Ameen

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
isslam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isslam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2007 at 10:04pm

tayeh asalam my young brother , never doubt your prayers you're asking for what? allah gives what is best for you sometimes you're prayers will be answered when you need it versus when you want them if you pray to allah you are forgiven for your bad deeds that is what makes allah so great! sometimes allah does answer them and it may take you awhile to realize he has answered that prayer we expect things in certain ways and allah gives us what we want in ways we could not imagine. never give up hope he knows whats best for us keep praying and striving in the way of allah

masalama

isslam

Tayeh View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tayeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2007 at 2:18pm

I thank all of you for responding to my post,, my prayers were answered!!!!  Thanks all of you i learned alot from your posts.

Jammy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2007 at 5:04pm
Salamz,
i believe the above three people said it all.
 Mashallah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic