IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Mazhab Wahabi  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mazhab Wahabi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote performance_00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mazhab Wahabi
    Posted: 24 July 2007 at 9:50am

I dunt know much but ive heard many muslim people around me saying that the teaching of MAZHAB WAHABIYAh is wrong and very different from the Sunnis? No flamming. Jus need clearer info. Thanks

sulooni View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sulooni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 2:23pm
www.insight-info.com/forum/default
Sawtul Khilafah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 6:21pm

Originally posted by sulooni sulooni wrote:

as far as i know they are a product of the cia

Wahhabis existed BEFORE the CIA. You are totally ignorant.

Edited by Sawtul Khilafah
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 12:58pm
Well, any one claiming thier sect as a 'Mazhab' is in the wrong in the first place.

Secondly, branding oneself a Wahabi, Hanafi, Sunni or Shia itself is against the essence of Islam since our identity is as a MUSLIM. NOT any of the above things.

Secondly, there is no place for sects in Islam. Islam is what it was as Muhammad preached, so no need for us to associate our label with the teachings of any pir, maulvi or scholar. Use thier teachings as stepping stones for hidayah, but please dont label yourself a Wahabi, Sunni etc.

As for whn ppl tell u tht the teachings of a certain 'sect' is wrong etc . . . the best way for u to know is simply to go to the core i.e Quran and Sunnah and Hadith. Forget abt which sect is right or wrong.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 3:36am
 I can only agree with you Chrysalis. Muslims and Mu'mins is what we are. Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet is our only madhab.
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 9:37am
It reminds me of an ayah in the Qur'an . . . if only the ummah would act on it, all sectarian issues could be quelled :

Chapter 3 Verse 103- "(Believers) All hold tight to the Rope of Allah (the Quran) and do not be divided among yourselves. And remember the favor Allah has bestowed upon you: how, after your enmity, He united your hearts, so that you are now brothers through His grace�."

and,

Chapter 30 Verse 32- "(Believers) Do not break your religion into sects, each rejoicing in its own belief."
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 4:22am
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

assalamu alaikum

i think he means al qaeda but yes wahabbi's are not a product of the CIA, the colonial powers certainly used/supproted them to increase instability in the region and to weaken the Othoman khalfiah.

To answer the main question they are a sect of muslims which began some 270 years ago in what is known today as saudi arabia, the wahhabi's allied themselfs with the saudi tribe and gained controll of the region, saudis had political control while the wahhabi clerics religious. They used the petrol dollar to popularise there version of Islam in other regions.

Sister chrysalis,

not even by the english defanition of the word sect are the four madhhabs of islam considered sects. the slogan you are repeating "no madhhabs just muslim" is the one created by the wahabis to turn the uneducated youth away from 1400 years of scholarship to what they where preaching.

Islam itself would not have existed today without the madhhabs to preserve it over the centuries [if you like i can elaborate on this, its a matter of history that no one disputes]. Every single scholar Uluma Muslim in the history of islam [except for those who followed sects] followed one of the madhhabs [wich simply means legal tradition not sect] you dont call your self a hanafi like you call yourself a muslim its a different category it is simply a label to indicate which legal tradition you follow.

Edited by rami - 09 June 2008 at 4:25am
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2008 at 10:45am
Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

Sister chrysalis,

not even by the english defanition of the word sect are the four madhhabs of islam considered sects. the slogan you are repeating "no madhhabs just muslim" is the one created by the wahabis to turn the uneducated youth away from 1400 years of scholarship to what they where preaching.

Islam itself would not have existed today without the madhhabs to preserve it over the centuries [if you like i can elaborate on this, its a matter of history that no one disputes]. Every single scholar Uluma Muslim in the history of islam [except for those who followed sects] followed one of the madhhabs [wich simply means legal tradition not sect] you dont call your self a hanafi like you call yourself a muslim its a different category it is simply a label to indicate which legal tradition you follow.

Brother Rami:

The slogan I am repeating is 'No need to associate your self with a label other than Islam' . . . Now you may call it a sect, a madhab, a school of thought whatever. I'm just saying that to call/associate oneself as a Muslim is enough. And there is NO need for one to brand oneself a Wahabi, Sunni, Hanafi, Shaafii or whatever.

I *think* you are referring to the 4-School's of Thought (Hanafi etc) when u talk about Madhabs. I never said that those School's of Thought are wrong, and I never underplayed the importance of the Scholars that formed them. They are just that, schools of THOUGHT. As in, the mode with which u approach certain issues of Fiqh.
I interpret the word Madhab as Religion . . .Now I may be wrong, bcz I do not know the Arabic meaning of the word, but in my language, which shares many words with Arabic . . Madhab=Religion.

I know that without the 4 Imams, and thier works, we would be in deep-water right now, in terms of jurisprudence. And since ALL 4 scholars are right in thier interpretations, one may opt for the interpretations of ANY school without having the need to put a label on themselves, i.e. I am a Hanafi etc. . . You say its a different category altogether . . .but what I am asking is, why the need to label yourself with a school of thought? Does it matter what legal tradition you follow? No. Is one school of thought 'better' than the other? No. How does it effect our daily functions as a Muslim, or our faith etc? Thats all.

Btw, when I was talking of sects etc, I was reffering to basically the classifications we end up making ON OUR OWN. . .e.g. "I am a Hanafi, and a Sunni, and Im part of XYZ Jamaat . . oh and I'm also a muslim." My humble, personal opinion is that such choices are best kept to oneself, rather than labelled in public . . .because then it opens the floor to unneccessary rifts and petty disputes. . .  thus giving rise to sects.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic