IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Russia’s War on Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Russia’s War on Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Russia’s War on Islam
    Posted: 11 September 2007 at 12:07am

I will get back  in day or two since iam busy with work and travel.

Posted 01 September. It's now the 11th. Perhaps, my fault, I must have read a day or two when you might have meant a week or two.

But waiting for my Morshed with all the patience I can find. Very hard to find a good Morshed these days. Isn't there anyone esle around who could at least tell us some jokes?

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 4:47pm

A e M, you mean with some FACTS like this one:

Vital Lockerbie evidence 'was tampered with'

Fragments of bomb timer that helped to convict a Libyan ex-agent were 'practically carbonised' before the trial, says bankrupt Swiss businessman

Alex Duval Smith, Europe correspondent
Sunday September 2, 2007
The Observer

The key piece of material evidence used by prosecutors to implicate Libya in the Lockerbie bombing has emerged as a probable fake.

Nearly two decades after Pan Am flight 103 exploded over Scotland on 21 December, 1988, allegations of international political intrigue and shoddy investigative work are being levelled at the British government, the FBI and the Scottish police as one of the crucial witnesses, Swiss engineer Ulrich Lumpert, has apparently confessed that he lied about the origins of a crucial 'timer' - evidence that helped tie the man convicted of the bombing to the crime.

The disaster killed 270 people when the London to New York Boeing 747 exploded in mid-air. Britain and the US blamed Libya, saying that its leader, Colonel Muammar Gadaffi, wanted revenge for the US bombing of Tripoli in 1986. At a trial in the Netherlands in 2001, former Libyan agent Abdulbaset al-Megrahi was jailed for life.

He is currently serving his sentence in Greenock prison, but later this month the Scottish Court of Appeal is expected to hear Megrahi's case, after the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission ruled in June that there was enough evidence to suggest a miscarriage of justice. Lumpert's confession, which was given to police in his home city of Zurich last week, will strengthen Megrahi's appeal.

The Zurich-based Swiss businessman Edwin Bollier, who has spent nearly two decades trying to clear his company's name, is as eager for the appeal as is Megrahi. Bollier's now bankrupt company, Mebo, manufactured the timer switch that prosecutors used to implicate Libya after they said that fragments of it had been found on a Scottish hillside.

Bollier, now 70, admits having done business with Libya. 'Two years before Lockerbie, we sold 20 MST-13 timers to the Libyan military. FBI agents and the Scottish investigators said one of those timers had been used to detonate the bomb. We were shown a fuzzy photograph and I confirmed the fragments looked as though they came from one of our timers.'

However, Bollier was uneasy with the photograph he had been shown and asked to see the fragments. He was finally given permission in 1998 and travelled to Dumfries to see the evidence.

'I was shown fragments of a brown circuit board which matched our prototype. But when the MST-13 went into production, the timers contained green boards. I knew that the timers sold to Libya had green boards. I told the investigators this.'

Back in Switzerland, Bollier's company was in effect bankrupt, having faced a lawsuit from Pan Am and having lost major clients, such as the German federal police to which Mebo supplied communications equipment.

In 2001, Bollier spent five days in the witness box at the Lockerbie trial at Camp Zeist in the Netherlands. 'I was a defence witness, but the trial was so skewed to prove Libyan involvement that the details of what I had to say was ignored. A photograph of the fragments was produced in court and I asked to see the pieces again. When they were brought to me, they were practically carbonised. They had been tampered with since I had seen them in Dumfries.'

Few people apart from conspiracy theorists and investigative journalists working on the case were prepared to believe Bollier until the end of last month, when Lumpert, one of his former employees, walked into a Zurich police station and asked to swear an affidavit before a notary.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 12:55pm

Sir, we wait, not for some sermon, but just for the Confirmation Certificate that you have been appointed the Sole facts Merchant for the planet.

And, we are prepared to deal with no more than your following facts:

1. Palestine is some mere Refugee Problem?

2. And, it was the Algerian clergy who kept the 92% of Algerians from treating their brutal suppression just as some One-Day India-Pakistan Cricket match?

syed123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 7:44am

Peace.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2007 at 12:24am

Ameer el Momineen, so the the REAL FACTS and the TRUTH are:

1. Palestine is some mere Refugee Problem?

2. And, it was the Algerian clergy who kept the 92% of Algerians from treating their brutal suppression just as some One-Day India-Pakistan Cricket match?

The ulimate fact: you were some braincell, in Mush's mind, so only you know he came with some golden intensions.

Today, eithere produce some certificate that proves that you the Master Franchise of facts, as you claim or apologise to the Ummah for trying to hoodwink us with your borrowed facts!!

syed123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syed123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2007 at 1:33pm

All i can say in response to all the complementary posts by Zanjabil,Whisper(my favourite admirer) and Hayfa is that the last thing i want to do is to get into a personal slanging match.

The Ummah has always held precedence over an insignificant person like me and i would like to keep it that way.

I will continue to encourage opposing opinions while analysing and educating my dear readers with the REAL FACTS devoid of populism,emotional outbursts or just plain untruths.

Holy Quran,Surah 32 "He rules (all) affairs from the heavens to the earth: in the end will (all affairs) go up to Him, on a Day, the space whereof will be (as) a thousand years of your reckoning"

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 8:24am

Assuming just for a minute i  regress to the level of a borderline mentally retard with an I.Q of 70 and  believe all the conspiracy theories about 9/11 etc

Well could you not also say you have a borderline IQ for believing hook line and sinker the things the government tells you? I have worked with developmentally disabled people and they believe what people tell them. They do not recognize deception.  Now you on the other hand, don�t seem to question much of what you are told by US government / media etc.

Based upon history and education the fact that many people Moslems and nonMoslems question the official line of 9-11 does not make them st**id.  Butt you don�t say anything because well you could be accused of being unpatriotic, etc. Actually I think people are more savvy then they are often given credit for.

For instance you can have the theory that someone took hold of a plane and crashed it into the Pentagon. Now there is no debris. But you can believe that �theory.� Or you can believe a missile hit it. Now that makes sense cause there is no debris from a plane there. Both are �theories� are they not? Which do you believe Syed?  

Also Mr Whisper, let me confess to you, unlike your flawed and populist approach which only has the potential to lead the Ummah astray, my mission is to provide the Ummah with the REAL FACTS not cheap populist theories and unrealistic fantasies.

I feel so good that you are helping us all out. Giving us the facts. Do tell, when were you last in Iraq, Chechnya, Afghanistan or Somalia? Do tell where your FACTS come from? Have you been a reporter there? What information are you going to share that will help us on to make an �informed� opinion? Do tell.  Considering the US has limited media access in both Iraq and Afghanistan I wonder how we can get the FACTS.

I really, really needed the humor. I did. I've had a terrible two weeks here. And this just made me laugh. sorry. Unrealistic fantasies.. now what would those be? The "fantasy" to be able to practice Islam without interference? The "fantasy" to decide their own fate? The "fantasy" to not be exploited?  

I feel good you are going to help us from leading us �astray�.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Zanjabil View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zanjabil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2007 at 7:10am

syed123 also has this curious habit of writing Allah's (swt) name in small letters, while he capitalises "Violence" all the time... Now what are we to make of that?

syed123: the inference was that Hayfa and I were borderline mentally (sic) retards for questioning the FBI version of events.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic