IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - parents who do not pray  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

parents who do not pray

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: parents who do not pray
    Posted: 11 July 2007 at 7:36am

Assalamu'alaikum..

i have one big problem which i need any naseehah from those who are willing to help..actually,my mom and dad do not pray  even though their age are in the late 50s.maybe my mum does pray,but i've only seen it once in a while..my father??.sad to say,i can't remember when was the last time  he prayed..i dont know what to do.often when i pray,i wud cry and pray that they will get hidayah from Allah.please..please,,and please give me the way to deal with this thng.i'm so afraid because by lookng at their age it it sth that shouldn't be happend..telling them to change??.i dont thnk i have the courage to do so..rite now,the only thing that i can do is cry and cry and keep the problem within my heart without doing anythng

lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 2:19pm

Wa alaykum salaam Warahamatullah Wabarakatuh ewan,

I feel your pain ewan.Can you imagine how the holy Prophet felt when he was trying so hard to make his beloved Uncle recite the Shahadah before leaving the world?It was a very hurtful time for him.And am in a similar situation myself.It hurts very deeply&we wish we could make them see what we see.Someone very,very close to me doesn't pray & I even gave up at a time,but decided I had to play my part by being a reminder.Your inability to talk to either of your parents would have a lot to say about the relationship you share with them.Are they the'Disciplinarian'type whose children dare not look straight into their eyes?Or is it just you who's trying to be modest because they're your parents?You must be able to speak to either of them& he/she would take the message to the other partner.Don't just cry.There's a lot you can do besides that.I don't have the specific prayer,but the one you're doing already's fine,Ask Allah to guide them.You know I learnt once that one could recite that part of Surat-Ul Fahtiah"Guide us to the Right Part'.I guess you could say your parents'names.You know only Allah guide whom He wills.We don't have power over that.We can only pray for them to be guided.TrSurmon the courage to approach either of them that you find easy to talk to.And if you've got  older sibblings,you could tell them about it &ask them to do the talking.

May Allah guide us all aright(ameen)!

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 2:46pm
Don't stop making du'a for them.  I pray that Allah, Most High, answers your prayer.
ewan View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 6:18pm

may Allah bless my parents & ur parents too,

thanks to both lovesakeenah & abuayisha..actually,they are not the disciplinarian types of prents,but maybe its because that they are my parents so i prefer to be modest..my relationship with my mom is quite good,while with my dad it is just not working.even when i've problem,i wud seek advice or tell my mom about the problem.the worst thing is,even to ask for pocket money i wud ask my mom to give it to me.its not that my dad doesnt work,but due to our poor relationship it happens..my family lives a simple & a very tough life..deep in my heart,i know that the root cause for this problem is bcause my parents & my family do not live in accordance to islamic life.they don't pray and seek hidayah from Allah.regarding my older siblings,they are just same.that's why it made me sadder..emm..i'm not tring to say that i'm a very good person,but often i fell like i'm a black sheep in this fmily....

Edited by ewan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic