IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Welcome!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welcome!
    Posted: 11 March 2005 at 8:02pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rehman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah wa barkatuhu,

This note is a formal welcome to all the users of islamicity discussion board.

Most of you must have understood, this is the new webboard launched by Islamicity.com

The active members (since 2 years) from the old webboard have been migrated. Thus most of the users, will insha allah feel very comfortable .... it is actually the same crowd in a new (and much better) environment.

We have tried to move some of the active topics from the previous discussion stage, however, there was much on going discussion there, and it was not possbile to bring all the baggage here.

There have been plans to keep the old board as an archive, but these have not been confirmed. Insha allah the old board will remain as such at least for a while, so that interested users can go back and forth.

If you wish to save anything from there, the best thing would be to copy and paste it here in the relevant forums.

I hope you will enjoy your discussions better.

Have a worthwhile stay at Islamicity, insha allah.

Welcome to all!

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

Edited by Nausheen
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2005 at 11:59pm

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

I wish the new board will bring so much values to the new users;amin!,for the old members,it will be hard to be accustomed;i can't see the islamicity's traditional shape in the board which we loved and adhered...Wa Salaam...

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2005 at 12:47am

May i reguest a few from the admin?,is it possible of carrying the islamicity webboard's traditional colours(white paper and so many others);also including the spelling controller,as you know so many of us are innative speakers and we need a support;unless it will be hard to writing under the stress of making an mistake...i wish the new forum could be reshaped with the user's ideas and reguests;because they are the persons living in and no body can have the right of putting something into one's house which he does not want...i wish we have still have the chance of adding our comments if the admin cares.Year 2005 and the things are not going like this way.Members?,it needs...

Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2005 at 3:20am

As-salamu alaykum,

Because my last user name "Mustafa - Mathsson" was too long for the new forum to accept, I have got a new one.

From now on, your old friend Mustafa, aka Mathsson, aka Ibn Salim, aka Mullah Gleam  uses the screen name "Mustafaa" with an additional "a" at the end of the word "Mustafa".

This modernization will be better for everyone, I hope. I like this new forum really.

Brother Suleyman, please don't be hurried, you will get used tot he new forum layout, etc. and will like it better,  I think.

Mustafaa 

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2005 at 9:31am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rehman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum Brother Suleyman,

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

May i reguest a few from the admin?,is it possible of carrying the islamicity webboard's traditional colours(white paper and so many others);also including the spelling controller,as you know so many of us are innative speakers and we need a support;unless it will be hard to writing under the stress of making an mistake...i wish the new forum could be reshaped with the user's ideas and reguests;because they are the persons living in and no body can have the right of putting something into one's house which he does not want...i wish we have still have the chance of adding our comments if the admin cares.Year 2005 and the things are not going like this way.Members?,it needs...

I am not sure we can have the same colors as we had there, and I can understand the nostalgia you may suffer for a while.

Insha allah you will get over it after a couple of visits hopefully.

If you look at the boards, without comparison and the fact that you had been accostomed to the old one, this one is also nice.

As for the spell checker, we have it in the too bar. The last button in the second row of the window where you are typing your message, is a dictionary - it says ABC with a small blue check under it. If you press this after typing your message, you will be asked to download (one time) the software, and then it will work for you as good as your MS word spell check.

Hope you enjoy your stay  brother Suleyman

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

Edited by Nausheen
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
fezziwig View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2005 at 11:26am

So, is the old board officially finished?

F

adji View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2005 at 12:19pm

The old board we will keep as long as we need to. Maybe some of of us want to refer old posts or just to walk around, nostalgic journey ... etc.

Regarding spelling, nausheen right, just download and install IE spell software, its very small software but very useful not only for this but some other website use this software.

Regarding blue color, is chosen because to match with current IslamiCity main website theme.

Edited by Administrator
sarahrosecurry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarahrosecurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 11:21am
I am back. It has been a few months since I have visited the board and surprised to see the change. I actually like it; it is easier to choose what to read. I look forward to looking through the posts and finding something to respond to.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic