IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dr Buti Defends Ibnu Taymiyah!!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dr Buti Defends Ibnu Taymiyah!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Mujahid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dr Buti Defends Ibnu Taymiyah!!
    Posted: 20 June 2007 at 1:30pm

DR. AL-BUTI DEFENDS IBN TAYMIYYAH

I�m not  fan of this Dr though I like some of his writings about Islam. But his stand on Ibnu Taymiyah shows he has some fairness in this subject. The Dahlani moderator used Dr�s name to slander Sheikhul Islam Ibnu Taymiyah. I thought that may be too far stretching of truth!!!. In any case, Dr Buti. generally is not respected reference in these matters since he fought hard Salafi school in Syria for the last three decades without success. But his comments shows he has guts to say it as it is without fear.  

Abu Mujahid

____________________________________________________________ __________

Dr. Saeed Ramadan Al-Buti Defends Ibn Taymiyah

Even Dr. Sa'eed Ramadaan al-Buti, who Kabbani happily quotes (pp. 117-134) because he wrote what was in Kabbani�s view a �landmark study of the �Salafi� innovation�, is quick to point out the fallacy of the accusations against ibn Taymiyyah:

"We are amazed when we see the extremists declaring ibn Taymiyyah, may Allaah have mercy upon him, to be an unbeliever. And also at them saying that he was one who held Allaah to be a body (mujassid), and I have studied long and hard as to where I could find a statement or a word from ibn Taymiyyah that he wrote or said which would indicate his holding Allaah to be a body as was quoted from him by as-Subki and others and I have not found anything from him like this. All I found was him saying in his legal rulings, 'Indeed Allaah has a Hand as He said, and has risen over the Throne as He said, and He has an Eye as He said'."

Al-Buti adds to this:

"I referred to the last work written by Abu al-Hasan al-Ash'ari, 'al-Ibaanah', and I found him saying exactly what ibn Taymiyyah said..." (Nadwa Ittjaahaat al-Fiqr al-Islaamee, pp. 264-265, of al-Buti)

Edited by Abu Mujahid
Islam need true muslims
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2007 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Abu Mujahid Abu Mujahid wrote:

DR. AL-BUTI DEFENDS IBN TAYMIYYAH

I�m not  fan of this Dr though I like some of his writings about Islam. But his stand on Ibnu Taymiyah shows he has some fairness in this subject. The Dahlani moderator used Dr�s name to slander Sheikhul Islam Ibnu Taymiyah. I thought that may be too far stretching of truth!!!. In any case, Dr Buti. generally is not respected reference in these matters since he fought hard Salafi school in Syria for the last three decades without success. But his comments shows he has guts to say it as it is without fear.  

Abu Mujahid

____________________________________________________________ __________

Dr. Saeed Ramadan Al-Buti Defends Ibn Taymiyah

Even Dr. Sa'eed Ramadaan al-Buti, who Kabbani happily quotes (pp. 117-134) because he wrote what was in Kabbani�s view a �landmark study of the �Salafi� innovation�, is quick to point out the fallacy of the accusations against ibn Taymiyyah:

"We are amazed when we see the extremists declaring ibn Taymiyyah, may Allaah have mercy upon him, to be an unbeliever. And also at them saying that he was one who held Allaah to be a body (mujassid), and I have studied long and hard as to where I could find a statement or a word from ibn Taymiyyah that he wrote or said which would indicate his holding Allaah to be a body as was quoted from him by as-Subki and others and I have not found anything from him like this. All I found was him saying in his legal rulings, 'Indeed Allaah has a Hand as He said, and has risen over the Throne as He said, and He has an Eye as He said'."

Al-Buti adds to this:

"I referred to the last work written by Abu al-Hasan al-Ash'ari, 'al-Ibaanah', and I found him saying exactly what ibn Taymiyyah said..." (Nadwa Ittjaahaat al-Fiqr al-Islaamee, pp. 264-265, of al-Buti)

1) Your refrence mentioned a "fallacy", and I did not find any actual argument that showed a "fallacy".

2)

Quote All I found was him saying in his legal rulings, 'Indeed Allaah has a Hand as He said, and has risen over the Throne as He said, and He has an Eye as He said'."

That says enough. Anthropomorphism. Your sect can play sematics all day long, the proof is in the eating of the pudding.

3) As far as the reviewed source, 'al-Ibaanah', my question is, "which edition". It is a fact that different "versions" exist, due to the creative workings of your sect, which is simply more of your sects "interpolating" creatively to prove their theological bankruptcy.

So once more, your evidences are "corrupted", and unreliable.

Have a nice day

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 10:34am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

in islam we have many islamic sciences such as Usul al Fiqh, Aqeedah, Fiqh, Qwaid al Fiqh, Tafseer....etc etc

Ibn taymiyah was a shaykh in the Hanbali madhhab and one of the most prominent figures in that madhhab [although i dont think he reached the level of mujtahid in the madhhab allahu allam]he had many teachers and was renowned for his abilities in Fiqh. When it came to Aqeedah though and i mean at the higher aspects of this science not at the level of the common man on street he had no teachers and was self taught, becouse of this he made many mistakes and wrong utterances and for this he was condemned.

All in all he had some good points and some bad, he was also a sufi in the Qadiri tariqah for those that did not know and a follower of Shaykh Abdul Qadar al Jilani.

I think the problem is when people like someone they take everything they say to be absolutely correct and masum [infallible] and dont account for the humanness of people, he may have made mistakes which people have to admit rather than change everything and come up with elaborate explanations but he was also a brilliant thinker if you want to see what he thought of himself and the summation of his life in his eyes read his letters from jail and see what he regrets, Insha allah, allah forgives him and us for our mistakes.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic