IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A SPECIAL POEM 4 DA ONES I LOVE  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A SPECIAL POEM 4 DA ONES I LOVE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A SPECIAL POEM 4 DA ONES I LOVE
    Posted: 20 June 2007 at 12:09pm
I wanted to post this poem on the literature board but i couldn't. So i thought i could share it here with you:

Soldiers killing,

People dying, 

War after war,

Our loved ones are crying.

They think the world wouldn�t give a dame

How can they be sure?

We give a dame,

�MAKE TEA NOT WAR!�

We stand and shout until the night.

Bomb after Bomb,

Night after Night.

Guess Standing wasn�t enough

The War was tough.

�Mama mama!� little girl cries

With tears in her eyes,

Little girl is frightened

That mother would die.

It seems mother was powerless

But the soldiers couldn�t careless.

The clocks were ticking,

The innocent were dying.  

(i Hope you all like it because i love writing poems and all the poems i write, come from my heart )                         

lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 10:06am

Salaam alaykum,

That was a nice poem.You know,I think it's high time I stopped running.Running from what,you may want to ask.I've deliberately been running away from writing about all the pains,hurts,wars,dyings&killings that surrounds our world today.It's just too hurtful i feel no amount of words would be sufficient to express it.I wept while watching a Documentary about Iraqi refugees in Sudan today.I sometimes avoid watching it'cos it always make me cry&very deep in thoughtIt's too empotional for me.And now,your poem's another re-awakening.Oh!sorry,did I mention that am a Poet by the way?Am very passionate about writing&I enjoy Poetry tremendiously,writing&reading it.So,thank U for the insight.Keep on writing.I hope we'd see more of it cos it's 'thought provoking.it makes us appreciate our freedom &not take it for granted

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
Jammy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 2:51pm

Thanx for the comment. I would like to read some of your poems if you dont mind. I love reading poems.

Thanx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2007 at 4:25pm
You're welcome.Meanwhile,I'd also send U some Poetry sites as well.I've entered quite a number of Poetry Contests.Some,are even in U.K.But am not sure this is d best forum for dat.Am not saying it's 'illegal'.But it kind of feel out of d things we discuss here.Perhaps,I should seek other member's consent before posting some of them.My Poems are usually lengthy.Do U mind brethren?I hope to read more of yours too.
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
suzy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 2:30pm

salamz jammy!!!!!

its ur ova nutcase friend ere!!! jus thought id send u a comment, telling u how much i luv ur poem, n thefactthat u discuss real issues, shame i cant write poems  but imma giv u sum ideas n u can mak ma dream a reality!

may Allah b wiv u... Ameen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 11:21am

As-salaam alaykum Jammy,

I just discovered an Islamic Poetry website& posted 2 Poems on  ttheir site.Though,it's stil under review.U may check it out:www.IslamicPoetry.org.

Meanwhile,d sites I was talking about are non-Islamic Sites.Check ur private mail (pm) I'd send them.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic