IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rushdie knighthood  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rushdie knighthood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 12:46am

Sign reader - since I am not arguing with you about your objections to the Satanic verses, since I don't really know what they are, just what are you on about now??

And how am I to know from your use of the word "event", that you are referring to attacking other countries?

Since you are the type of person who does not care what the Pol Pots of this world do in their own countries, it is hardly surprising you are calling for the murder of Rushdie (if thats what youre doing)

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 4:25am
Originally posted by Doo-bop Doo-bop wrote:

Sign reader - since I am not arguing with you about your objections to the Satanic verses, since I don't really know what they are, just what are you on about now??

And how am I to know from your use of the word "event", that you are referring to attacking other countries?

Since you are the type of person who does not care what the Pol Pots of this world do in their own countries, it is hardly surprising you are calling for the murder of Rushdie (if thats what youre doing)

If you didn't know what they are, why did you support the "knighthood" awarded to Salman Rushdie in the first place. 

Another thing is let us keep the discussion on the track and stick to the thread.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 4:26am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Hey Doo bop. Thanks for letting me know. I know they have some in Canada as well.

Let me ask,  does that have anything to do with the greater society? It is like in the US, the Amish have their own system of justice. Also, they are exempt from the draft (if there is one).

It is also like Orthodox Jewish folks have their own system of justice. Native Americans in the US as well. How is Shirah court any different if people willingly choose to go to that court? Most of Shirah is sort of like divorce court, property, etc. Deals with many type of matters. Are there are lot of whippings or stonings there? I would think if there were it would be all over the news.

Assalamu Alaikum,

There are no shariah courts of any kind in Canada as far as I know.

Peace

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2007 at 9:46pm

Yes Queen is not guilty of anything bad. She just has to sign the paper be it the knighthood of an abusive rascal Rushdie or it may be a law about he same gender sex. She has to sign it. But the work done by those who recommended the Rusdie was very bad indeed.

crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 3:06am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

Yes Queen is not guilty of anything bad.

The Queen is a decent person, and actually, prince Charles is quite decent too, but they have to contend with a generation of vipers.

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 8:30pm

Peacemaker thanks for the note.. I remember reading that there were or someone was trying to have some Shirah courts in Canada... live and learn.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2007 at 9:22pm

The subject will drift off topic. The demand for the Sharia laws in Canada cannot be made. There was such a news in England and Germany too. Actually, there cannot be Sharia laws in western countries. The people living there have to live by the law of the land.

But when the Muslim population increases too much and they have difficulty adjusting their minds to the requirements of their children and there crop up marriage and divorce cases needing some settlement, then the Muslims look towards their Sharia laws.

They feel that their personal affairs may at least be governed by their Sharia laws. That is all. It is not to threaten all the inhabitants, black, brown and white with the laws of Sharia. That can never happen and there is no need too.

The Muslims in those countries are like the guests in those countries. They should all abide by the rule of those countries. If they do not like to do that then they should leave that country and come back to live in a country where there are laws of Sharia.

But I feel that there may not be such a country where laws of Sharia are presently fully and purely enforced.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2007 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Peacemaker thanks for the note.. I remember reading that there were or someone was trying to have some Shirah courts in Canada... live and learn.

Assalamu Alaikum,

You are welcome, Sister. Yes, Muslims were demanding for arbitration courts on the basis of Shariah laws that would deal with their personal matters/disputes such as family ones affecting them in the province of Ontario ( not entire Canada ), but the decision was made not to allow them, and eliminate all such existing Christian and Jewish arbitration courts.

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2347& ; ; ; ;PN=5&TPN=2

Peace

P.S. Everyone, let us stick to the topic now, please.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic