IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rushdie knighthood  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rushdie knighthood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Delta Delta wrote:

No, you said that you wont be angry or get offended to easy. And you said there is other websites that aren't so good to islam

I asked you, do you believe that is some truth in that websites, i.e., anti-islam ones ?

Warning: Delta is  a possible  internet troll:
If you read all the threads he has started, you will see he tries to lead you down the same path, to doubt your faith:
Read about internet Trolls here at this thread
http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7510& ;KW=internet+troll
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Delta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 1:19pm
I don't know why are you reacting that way

In this thread I made only a few replies, I'm away from it

But WHY don't you make a new topic in  "interfaith discussion board" named :

"Delta Troll"

say what you want, I will try to answer gently, I never offended you as a person, none of you

But it is up to the moderators of Islamicity, they know best

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2007 at 6:57pm

Thanks Maryah for the warning advice. Delta is a Troll. Thanks. All will be careful now.

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2007 at 10:59am

Delta:

When you start a topic, you bear the responsibility to engage in replying subsequent enquiries that result in after the post or comment. Just posting a post and not addressing questions constitutes violation of guidelines.

I raised a question in this thread and you ignored it; started another thread "Kaaba a Hindu Temple?" in interfaith section and did the same thing there.

Posting posts at random, as you did, without replying questions addressed to you constitutes violation of guidelines. Please see the following guidelines in this respect:

12. Spamming of any kind is not allowed. Any response to spammers will be deleted along with the spam. This includes multiple copies (2 or more) of one message in one and/or many forums. (If this behavior is spotted several times, by the same User we may remove ALL the copies of that message, including all the responses below them.) Spamming of questions or overly large posts will also not be allowed.

13. Posting several messages at random and not responding to the generated questions or dialogue following the original posts may also be considered as spamming. Answer questions posed to you and do not avoid it by changing the topic, as long as that question does not break any of the Guidelines. If you do not know the answer, simply acknowledge this, then move forward.

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4589& ; ;PN=1

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2007 at 9:42am

peacemaker - confused is not the word for me right now...

and I'll tell you why.  You asked me "Why did you support the knighthood of Salman Rushdie in the first place?"

I answered this.

You erased my answer.

You then accuse me of not answering questions.

Strange.  If you don't like answers, then why ask questions?

If I was being over-provocative, then why was I not pulled up for it after my first post on this thread? (I don't think I've added to what I said then re. Salman Rushdie)

Bearing in mind that the only other question you asked me was based on another poster's comments, and therefore you had no right to demand an answer from me on that basis.

Reread the thread - see for yourself...

I have no wish to cause undue upset.  But....I think you need to give more clarification of what you're saying....

Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2007 at 10:18am
[QUOTE=usama]

As for the Rushdie knighthood, it was Blair's last salvo over the bow of the Muslim world.  Blair retains the old British imperial character, the Kiplingesque White Man's Burden theme towards the Muslim world that says 'the poor heathens need Union Jack to lead them past their God'

Ok, I posted a response to the above.  I have erased it myself, having forgotten that I myself had said I would no longer contribute to this thread....must be old age catching up with me....

Edited by Doo-bop
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2007 at 5:32pm

Doo-bop: "Bearing in mind that the only other question you asked me was based on another poster's comments, and therefore you had no right to demand an answer from me on that basis."

Yes, I have every right to demand an answer from you when you start posting at random in support of this knighthood. You were allowed to engage in discussion. You were warned for spamming, and now you still seem to ignore what is being said.

Please comply with guidelines.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2007 at 6:34pm

Hey Jason... as Jesus PBUH said:

�Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.�

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic