IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - False prophets  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

False prophets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 22>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 9:13pm

It may not help the guy at all. But the material can be useful for our own minds. BMZ is back. Al Hamdu Lillah.

I was greatly wondering at the divine plan of Allah that Hazrat Abrhama a.s. settled his first borne Ishmael a.s. in a mountain area very far away from Kanaan. The second son Issac a.s was to live in Kanaan. Kanaan was populated to some extent and so was Lebanon, the land of milk and honey.

The above mentioned lands were later occupied by the Romans and others i.e. by the Kings etc.  But the area of Makkah was never occupied by any king seriously. They had no interest in that area. That is where our holy prophet s.a.w.s. was born in the in the 50 generation after Abraham a.s.

Holy prophet Muhammad s.a.w.s. had to fight the native pagans only in the beginning. There was no king to interfere. That was something great and useful for the establishment of the last book of law for the entire world. Had their been a king in the area, only God knows what would have happened. That is because, we see what Moses a.s. and Jesus a.s. had to go through in their own areas in their own times.

ahmad179 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahmad179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 3:21am

salaam i am sorry can i tell something little i couldnt read all of it but i wanted to share.We muslims believe that Holy Bible is falsified as you know.We know Holy Bible as "incil" in our language(i am a turkish muslim).We pronounce it like "njil", i hope, think.We know that, i had learned it from one of my teachers, it means Harbinger (they look alike) and we know that Jesus alaihissalaam says that "...i harbinger that a prophet named Ahmad will come after me..."we learned like this.Our prophets full name is "Ahmad Mahmod Mohammad Mostafa".unfortunately there is no an unfalsified Bible.

sorry you go on please

minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 6:59am

Jesus (Isa a.s.) had warned his friends about the false prophets (See Mathews ch. 24 verses 3,4,5) who might mislead them. Now the christians think that Muhammad was one of those false prophets. That is not so.

The reason is that Jesus had said that many will come in my name to mislead you my friends. Beware. Take care.

Muhammad never came and preached anything in the name of Jesus. Also our prophet Muhammad s.a.w.s. came 600 years after Jesus. That is a very long time. The false prophets told by Jesus would not wait so long to appear. They appeared on the scene soon after the disappearance of Isa a.s. The most important of them using the name of Jesus was paul. He tried to be a disciple of Jesus and he contributed to most of the bible new testament and it is his beliefs that christians follow today, not the teachings of Jesus.

Muhammad came in the name of Allah and preached the message of Allah. He never even one day preached any message of Jesus. Sorry if all this goes against the beliefs of the christian friends. My purpose is only to tell the beliefs of the Muslims.It is for information only. Not to hurt any one.

Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Sawtul Khilafah Sawtul Khilafah wrote:

What does that have to do with Islam and Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)???

In fact, every time the Bible refers to righteous people, they fit in with the description of Muslims:

After these things I saw, and lo, a great multitude, which to number no one was able, out of all nations, and tribes, and peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne, and before the Lamb, arrayed in white robes, and palms in their hand

[Revelation chapter 7:9]

hmmmmm....why would muslims be standing before the Lamb? - they don't even acknowledge him.  And I don't see any palms in the hands of the muslims in your pictures....

Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 11:14am

"Muhammad came in the name of Allah and preached the message of Allah. He never even one day preached any message of Jesus. Sorry if all this goes against the beliefs of the christian friends."

Actually, minuteman, we are already fully aware of this.  We already know that the message of the Lord Jesus did not come from Allah....

buddyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 4:55pm

The question is what are the characteristics of God...hmmm

New Testament in which Jesus is revealed as the Eternal Creator and not a created being (John 1:1�4). As we compare Scripture definitions for God with the Bible record of Jesus, we see the characteristics of Jehovah are also ascribed to Jesus. Note these powerful examples:

• He is self-existent (John 1:1�4; 14:6); only God is self-existent (Psalm 90:2).
  • Jesus defines Himself as eternal. �I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty� (Revelation 1:8).
  • He is, and has, eternal life (1 John 5:11, 12, 20).
  • He is all-powerful (Revelation 1:8).
  • He created all things (John 1:3). �In the beginning God created the heaven and the
    earth� (Genesis 1:1). �For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him� (Colossians 1:16 NKJV).
  • The Father even calls Jesus God. �But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom� (Hebrews 1:8).
  • Jesus is able to forgive sin (Luke 5:20, 21); The Bible says only God can forgive sin (Isaiah 43:25).
  • Jesus accepted worship that according to the Ten Commandments is reserved only for the Almighty (Matthew 14:33). �And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, �All hail.� And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him� (Matthew 28:9). Upon seeing the risen Savior, the converted skeptic, Thomas, confessed, �My Lord and my God!� (John 20:26�29).
  • Even the angels worship Jesus. �And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him� (Hebrews 1:6).
  • The Scriptures also teach that only God knows the thoughts of a man�s heart (1 Kings 8:39). Yet Jesus consistently knew what people were thinking, �for he knew what was in man� (John 2:25). �Nathanael said to Him, �How do You know me?� Jesus answered and said to him, �Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you�� (John 1:48 NKJV).
  • Through the Spirit, Jesus is omnipresent. �Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age� (Matthew 28:20 NKJV). �For I am with you, and no one will attack you to hurt you; for I have many people in this city� (Acts 18:10 NKJV).
  • He has power to give life, and even resurrected Himself. �No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again� (John 10:18). �I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live� (John 11:25).
buddyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 4:59pm

Genesis 1:26 (New American Standard Bible)

New American Standard Bible (NASB) 

26Then God said, "Let (A)Us make (B)man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them (C)rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Why do you suppose its says "God said "Let US make man in OUR image". That's plural. Do you not believe that God is almighty, All Knowing, and can do anything?

The names of God reveal attributes of His nature. God has a long-established habit of using various names to describe a person�s character. Jacob earned his name that means �swindler� when he practiced deception to steal his father�s blessing away from his brother Esau (Genesis 27:35, 36). At his conversion, Jacob wrestled with the angel and insisted on the blessing of God. Then his name was changed to �Israel,� which means �a prince with God� (Genesis 32:26�28).
     Likewise, the names for God found in Genesis and elsewhere tell us volumes about our Creator. �And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness� (Genesis 1:26). The Hebrew word here for God is Elohim. It is a plural noun that is used more than 2,700 times in the Old Testament. This means that inspired authors preferred to use Elohim about 10 times more than the singular form �El� when they described God. Even in the Old Testament book of Daniel, we see a picture of the Father and the Son as two separate persons. �I was watching in the night visions, And behold, One like the Son of Man, Coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him� (Daniel 7:13). The Son of man, Jesus, is seen coming before the Ancient of Days�who is, obviously, God the Father.
     The New Testament writings are sprinkled with this concept of one God with three united, fully divine persons. The apostle Paul wrote that there were three divine persons: �There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all� (Ephesians 4:4�6).
     Paul frequently referred to the three separate persons of the Godhead. �The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all� (2 Corinthians 13:14). �How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?� (Hebrews 9:14).
     Revelation opens by introducing the three persons of the Godhead. �From the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever� (Revelation 1:4�6 NKJV).
     In addition, we clearly see three distinct persons at the baptism of Jesus. �And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased� (Matthew 3:16,17).
     If Jesus is the only person in the Godhead, where did the voice come from that declared, �This is my beloved Son�? Did He trisect Himself into a voice from heaven, the dove wafting down through the sky, and His body on the bank of the river? No. This was not simply a clever act of holy smoke and mirrors, but rather a regal reunion revealing the truth of the trinity. And on top of this, it is through the shared authority of these three persons that we are commissioned to baptize. �Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost� (Matthew 28:19).

buddyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 5:01pm

As you read above, God has always given us a way of knowing who he is.

Jesus also said "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father" - John

Jesus also said "Before Abraham, I AM". The translation in " I AM" is Yahweh...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 22>
  Share Topic