IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - False prophets  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

False prophets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 5:03pm
To jdtiger2002,

The Jesus of the Bible also said in Matthew 7 that "a good tree bears good fruits."  Therefore, a true prophet can be recognized by his "fruits."  Muhammad (pbuh) bore many "good fruits."  Doesn't that mean that he is indeed a true prophet?  Keep in mind that this is not even from an Islamic perspective.

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 7:58pm
Oh-no, here we go again. 

Dear jd,

In the interest of avoiding this thread for the Umteenth time.  Please do a search of the threads and you will finds dozens of threads with arguements for and against Muhammed's (pbuh) Prophethood.  You will also find numerous threads about the validity of the New Testament, the Holy Spirit, the Trinity, the divine sonship of Jesus Christ (or for the Muslims, his Prophethood). 

Please, go over those many, many many threads before asking questions that have already been answered many over.

Just to let you know from a Christian to another Christian (I am assuming that is what you are), the Muslims do not take the New Testament and large sections of the Old Testament to be the word of God.  Where our Bible was written by authors after the fact in accordance with revelation and teachings of the Apostles.  Their Quran was a direct dictation from God, thru the Angel Gabriel to Muhammed (pbuh).  Therefore, they do not take many of the sources of the New Testament as reliable scripture.  Especially those from Paul and those with questionable origins.  (Mostly, just throw out anything by Paul....and anything written after 100AD) 

For more information on that....go to http://www.earlychristianwritings.com and for a copy of the Muslim Quran by three different translators and assorted Hadiths (sayings and deeds of Muhammed ~pbuh~) Goto, http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/

Thank you and enjoy reading.

PS, if you think you'll prove anything on the False Prophet tangent.....I really suggest reading the many threads.  Virtual Bibilical scholars have failed to convince even just one....its a matter of faith because all other arguements are a never ending loop of documents by people who frankly just don't know. 

The only truth is in the Holy Spirit's testamony to the heart of the believer, be that Islam, Judaism or Christianity. 

God be with you.

Angela

Edited by Angela
jdtiger2002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdtiger2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 4:47pm

I have read Quran book and learned more about Muslim's religious. I can see that Quran has many miracles. It sounds like God's words. I heard that Quran has no errors and others books have many errors. I have seen that Holy Bible has many errors.

One thing bother me that false prophets will come after Jesus. Is Muhammad true prophet even though Holy Bible says that there will be false prophets after Jesus?

Please read this verses and explain to me if you really believe that Muhammad is true prophet. I want to understand.

I picked two verses from Holy Bible. These verses seem powerful

2 Corinthians 11:13-15

13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

1 John 4:1-6

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
  Share Topic