IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Extremisim: right or left?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedExtremisim: right or left?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extremisim: right or left?
    Posted: 11 March 2005 at 7:36pm

It is impossible for man to understand with full apprehension the message of God. It is impossible for man to apprehend what is considered infinite wisdom and to consume such wisdom in such a limited mind. But since the beginning, my understanding is that man is incapable of knowing the unknown, this is why we make theories. As far as doctrinal interpretation is considered it is imperative to know that what we are interpreting is sensitive doctrine. From Muhammad to the pious Caliphs it has always been those who have heard the word of God acting upon those messages this is fact. It is also fact that not all Muslims who existed in this time that all have consistently acted upon the messages of God, this such behavior continues today.

This same type of message can equate with the Christian mind in understanding the word of God. According to Islam both Judaism and Christianity in their absolute forms are not deviants to the truth, just the adherents. As we know from Judaism, it is not only named after Judah and the twelve tribes but all what the concept of Judaism stands for. Judaism is not absolute without the Torah (Law). The Torah being the word of God was corrupted when man began to impliment his own laws. The Gospels according to man (not John, Luke or Paul) began to fade when the messages were encrypted with sayings referring to the divinity of Jesus.

For fanatics of all three religions it is very difficult for them to see past their own bias and expect them to "open their minds." The question can be said: How does one open a closed mind? It's possible but not plausible it seems. I believe that in today's world extremism exist in all relgiions and of course the bias will always stand. All adhrents of religions are bias because if they weren't they cannot absolutely accept a truth in which they do not wholeheartedly follow. To combat extremism I believe that the communities of the world must first combat cultural elitism, and from hence, move beyond the stigmas and stereotypes that have from generations clouded the common man's intellect.

Christians are right to follow the ways of Jesus because the ways of Jesus leads to the way of God. To the true Christian who follow the words of God must also follow one of his greatest commandment which is: "Hear O' Israel the Lord our God is One!"

The Jews are also right when they follow Moses as Moses is the one who submitted to God with nothing more than a speech impediment and faith. His motivation was his belief and thay belief stems from the previous saying. I believe that the common understanding of all three religions should be that God is One and that our greatest commandment like the one Jews and Christians follow should be to love God wholeheartedly, without deviation and to ask for his guidence for truth. Ameen

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2005 at 6:13am
>>The question can be said: How does one open a closed mind?<<

One answer that has been useful in all three religions is the use of
proverbs and parables.

On the other hand, the use of symbolism seems to be where a lot of the
miscommunication starts. This is where people attach their own
interpretations. Proverbs and parables expand understanding, but
symbols summarize it.

DavidC
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 11:34am
My understanding to the solution comes from the knowledge of one's own faith and then subsequently from the interfaith studies. This shall broaden one's view about ultimate truth, that we call him Allah. However, I may also add to the premise of this question "that after all its one supereme being, Allah, who's love must be the top most important thing which, atleast shall bind all three monothesitic religions togather" and that is to say that not all people have the same intellect and don't live in same place where all information is equally available to them. In such a non-homogeneous world, people can easily be misguided for some other ulterior motives. So, the best defence against such dangers is the knowledge and knowledge alone. But once we talk of knowledge, source of knowledge becomes even more important question. Authenticity then becomes the key word as it is said "all information is rubbish untill it is shown to be authentic". In my belief, it is this single, most important characteristic of Quran that distinguishes itself from the rest of the scriptual material that we have about Allah in this world. This is the reason, the very first chapter and in the very first few verses, Quran testify its originality without any doubt. In the same Quran, it is for this very reason, Allah bears the responsiblity of preserving it all by Himself. It has not been the people's (muslims etc) responsibility to safe guard it but only Allah's. No one knows how Allah is doing it, as I can only guess through its early history to the modern day era. From written down by the scribes of Prophet Mohammad at the time of its revelation to Hifz (oral memorization and rehersing of Quran) to compilation in a book form, to written dissemination to various parts of the world and then into the printing press (at all stages oral memorization kept going in parallel). From printing press to the internet and ......... (it goes on and on). It is this very single miracle that is often associated with the Prophet Mohammad that Allah gave him to show the genuity of his message to all nations for all times to come. May Allah forgive me if I am boasting about it, that Quran openly challanges any other scripture at par with it. Love for Allah is definitely the single most important message that one finds through out the reading of Quran. Hope, this shall give more people to share their thoughts on it. Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic