IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Percentage of men in jail?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Percentage of men in jail?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Percentage of men in jail?
    Posted: 18 May 2007 at 6:43am
What percentage of the male population can any society afford to put in jail?

39 percent of black males in the USA were in jail, on probation or parole in 1995. The Moynihan Report predicted this in 1965.

In 1999, 27% of all white families with children under the age of eighteen were headed by a single parent, compared to 26% of all black families in 1960.

If we extrapolate these figures, they indicate that by the year 2045 approximately 40% of all males in the USA, regardless of race, would need to be put in prison.

The report says that by 1980 the broken family/crime cycle started feeding itself unstoppably for the black population. The general population in the US would go into that cycle by the year 2020.

A runaway, uncontrollable crime rate in the general population would start skyrocketing by 2015, fed by the new batch of criminal youth produced by today's single mothers.

In my impression, American society will collapse between 2015 and 2045. Is there any reason why it wouldn't happen?

Edited by crasss
Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 9:15am
Yes Crass, American society is close to collapse and much sooner than
2045. The convergence of many factors besides the corruption and
decadence you often post about, America's financial system is close to
imploding largely due to high energy costs and the fact that the
government is powerless/uncapable of limiting consumption: that would
be so un-American.

The main elements of this convergence I refer to is: of world demand for
the basic ingredient of our global economies, oil, outstripping world
supply (i.e not enough to feed the growing 'Chindia' economies); climate
upheaval causing crop failures, droughts, unseasonal flooding and
disturbing world grain production (= famine) and the ongoing evil of
resource wars.

The collapse will be due to economic melt-down which will have an
inevitable knock-on effect throughout the so-called developed world, and
I believe it will happen within the next 2-5 years
Aminah07 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 2:08pm

WAS,

My dh is a teacher at a correctional facility about an hour from where we live. He teaches Islam on Saturdays from ASR thru MAGARIB. He is surprised at how many native born muslims are in the prision system.

He has an entire set of rules and regs. he has to follow when he's there and has two gaurds with him all of the time so he can't ever ask them why they are there or if they ask him to contact their families etc. he can't.

every thing he takes into the classroom he is searched even if he had a candy wrapper in his pocket he would have to account for it when he was finished and ready to leave.

when he arrives home and recalls his lectures and Q&A it always amazes me at how much they are giving these individuals and how much care is given to their safety and well being and ours now.

I always wonder what would happen if all of these programs and protections were provided before hand in our communities if they would have so many prisoners. Yes they do have many African American men in his class but also muslims and others white hispanic etc.

I think poverty and lack of caring about our neighbors in general is color blind from the descriptions of the individuals my dh has seen in his classroom.

I see so much of it starting so young with the children in our neighborhood and in the school system. There should be a parent'101 class that should be taken and approved before all of these blessings are born so that the fact that every child is a blessing will never be forgotten and that they will grow up as we grow old.

Aminah

crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Aminah07 Aminah07 wrote:

Yes they do have many African American men in his class but also muslims and others white hispanic etc.

The lower social classes are typified by weak kinship. It is also one of the central reasons for their low achievement.

The upper classes maintain the upper hand by actively destroying kinship and family structures in the lower classes, with the complicity of the Christian religious authorities. Too much solidarity between lower class members must be prevented. Since kinship is the natural mechanism for instituting solidarity, it has continuously been attacked by the Christian authorities.

That is why you have laws against cousin marriage in Christian society. They reinforce kinship, and must therefore be prevented in the lower classes. In the upper classes, such as amongst royals and nobility, this kind of marriages are actually encouraged.

In order to further weaken the social structure amongst African Americans, the American government instituted policies to dismantle African American nuclear families with the complicity of Christian religious authorities.

African Americans had no resistance against these policies, because they are Christian, and were manipulated into accepting these policies by the Christian religious authorities, who had come under control of the atheist state.

The crime wave generated by African Americans is a logical result of these policies. Dismantling the nuclear family, is simply one bridge too far.

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by crasss crasss wrote:

In my impression, American society will collapse between 2015 and 2045. Is there any reason why it wouldn't happen?

First how old are you? I hope don't have too many a generation gap here!
I have been listening to the predictions of collapse about American society since  the Vietnam war days, what I have seen is collapse of many others but American. I know America is bad but you know there is America which is good also there is something called what works?
 And you know America works!
Right now America has bad leadership but you know the necessity is the mother of invention, when things will go bad enough the people will have to rise up to make a change!
And I know they have no choice but act! You tell me who in the world is capable of being the leader!!
The Ruskies are done; you think you will live under Chindians system; who can't even provide clean drinking water to their citizens or take care of their polluting transportation. Yes they are  providing  the dirt cheap labor  to the American Corporations  and  cheap credit  to  war  mongering POTUS and they are equally guilty of mayhem in Iraq.
Have you looked at their streams and rivers?
Or you think the Arabs or the Persians are fit to lead the world cuz they have oil,  who can't even deliver a clarified pack of dates!!! You know what I mean?
Look at your South Africa or the Zimbabwe are they any shining models any more? Have you analyzed the crime rates there vs the single mother data?
I don't know what is happening in the European territory I think they are leaning back to the good old US, with the elections in Germany and France!!

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

I have been listening to the predictions of collapse about American society since  the Vietnam war days, what I have seen is collapse of many others but American.

America in 1973 is not America 2007. In 1973, the fornication flower power had only started.

You tell me who in the world is capable of being the leader

There is no need for a world "leader".

the Ruskies are done

Agreed. The fornication fest is worse over there. The typical career for aspiring girls over there is prostitute.

you think you will live under Chindians system.

The Chinese and Indians are no imperialists. It is not in their habits to start conquering everybody else.

you think the Arabs or the Persians are fit to lead who can't deliver a pack of clean dates!!!

They are mostly interested in their own clan and little else, which is ok, because what's the point in trying to dominate everybody else?

Look at your South Africa or the Zimbabwe aren't they close to collapse?

The western-style state structures over there, do not correspond with their extended family structures. Sub-saharan Africa consists of clans, loosely organized in tribes, with no loyalty for any type of national construct.

There is no South African person. They are Xhosa, Zulu, et cetera. The state has to reflect that. If it doesn't, it ends up dominated by one clan, until it collapses.

This is a disaster for the whites over there. The highly exogamous whites have no extended families, have very weak kinship structures, and necessarily rely on the state to be the "clan". Highly exogamous cultures cannot survive without a strong state. At the same time, states have a finite lifecycle, after which they inevitably disappear.

The Mugabe clan is plundering the Zimbabwe state, and a similar process is bound to occur in South Africa. The Zimbabwean state will be brought back to its natural, much smaller size, in line with the true population structure in Zimbabwe.

The ANC is running the show there, and it is obvious that the Xhosas dominate it. The South African state will be their clan fiefdom, until it collapses too; which is good, because endogamous populations need to shake off exogamous state structures.

Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 3:38am
Crass, you seriously have a problem, but for the moment at least it is
entertaining, you're obsession with female promiscuity, or as you prefer
to call it; fornication. (Which as we know, is all women's fault.)

You said; "The typical career for aspiring girls over there is prostitute."
This is extremely demeaning, and shows not only your callous attitude
towards women in general (let alone Russian women) but a complete
ignorance of the causes of prostitution. If there were no men in your
neighbourhood, what do you think, the girls would all emmigrate to
Russia where they could start up a brothel?

Prostitution arises as a direct response to poverty, marginalisation and
vulnerability. Prostitution rings are invariably controlled by men, there's
no lack of evidence of prostitution mafia and world wide 'white flesh
trade' feeding the male appetite.

Since time immemorial, female sexuality has been at best misunderstood
and at worst, totally feared and therefore repressed and demonised.

For this reason, prostitution will invariably be blamed on women, when
it's primary causes, the reasons for its existence, are entirely male
dominated.
crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Duende Duende wrote:

You said; "The typical career for aspiring girls over there is prostitute." This is extremely demeaning, and shows not only your callous attitude towards women in general (let alone Russian women)...

"Russia's Prostitution Trade" Author: Carrie McVicker
However, the crisis is not going to end anytime soon with one out of every eight schoolgirls aspiring to be a hard-currency call girl when she grows up.(Goscilo 14)

A survey compiled in 1990 showed that Soviet women ranked prostitution 8th in a list of what they felt to be the top 20 employment positions in the USSR. Around the same time 1/3 of high school girls admitted that they would exchange sex for hard currency.

In a 1998 poll, Russian high school seniors ranked prostitute and hired assassin above scientist, engineer and researcher as attractive career choices.

A 12-year-old girl, found on the street in Saratov by police, said she was in prostitution to raise enough money to buy a Barbie doll.

...but a complete ignorance of the causes of prostitution...Prostitution arises as a direct response to poverty, marginalisation and vulnerability.

Ha ha ha ha. If your story were true, Somalia and Burma should be rife with prostitution, and they aren't, while South Central Los Angeles definitely is.

Given the fact that everybody ancestors were poor, everybody would descend from criminals and prostitutes. Preposterous.

Poverty DOES NOT explain crime and prostitution.

Crime and prostitution are explained by (nuclear) family breakdown and moral breakdown (at the extended family/community level).

Regarding the divorce rate, Russia is currently in second place. There are more divorces only in America.

Since time immemorial, female sexuality has been at best misunderstood and at worst, totally feared and therefore repressed and demonised.

Ha ha ha ha.

Since time immorial, female sexuality has been very well understood and correctly feared and therefore highly regulated.

It is the crucially important job of fathers and brothers to keep the daughter on the honourable path of chastity. That's what people traditionally call "family honour". That concept exists in all traditions across the world, and for good reasons. You can't modernize your way out of biology, can you?

For this reason, prostitution will invariably be blamed on women, when it's primary causes, the reasons for its existence, are entirely male dominated.

To some extent, you are right.

The absent fathers syndrome leads to fornicating and prostituting daughters, and when the proportion of girls in the community getting into that, rises above a certain treshold, they all start doing it, including the girls from good families.

Edited by crasss
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic