IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Set a date for real Middle East talks!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Set a date for real Middle East talks!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Judge Dredd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Set a date for real Middle East talks!
    Posted: 17 May 2007 at 11:03pm

http://www.avaaz.org/en/real_middle_east_talks/

Petition to Israeli, Palestinian & international leaders: The Palestinian-Israeli conflict lies at the heart of a global clash threatening to divide us all. People from every corner of the world want a just and lasting peace in the Middle East - and the international community can and must help bring all sides to the table. Start Real Middle East Talks Now, and stay at the negotiating table until we have peace.

CLICK ON ABOVE LINK TO SIGN PETITION
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 11:04pm

What an absolutely beautiful post!

Short, precise, to the point and packed with the best of British commonsense. My friend, that's the only way out.

Not just that, but I am also willing to be a part of this form of noble jehad.

Edited by Whisper
crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Judge Dredd Judge Dredd wrote:

Start Real Middle East Talks Now, and stay at the negotiating table until we have peace.

I don't think a 2-state proposal will solve anything, or a discussion about borders between such states. Such talks will only make things worse.

Before organizing talks, you need to agree on an agenda. What agenda are both sides going to agree on? There is no such agenda...

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 7:19am

I feel, we should leave it to brother Crass he alone knows the situation and its reality! And, any attempts of efforts in this regard should cease, forthwith, till he grants us his verdict.

(I am sure, his reaction and remarks would have been entirely different had this post been from someone with a Muslim sounding name)

crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

I feel, we should leave it to brother Crass he alone knows the situation and its reality! And, any attempts of efforts in this regard should cease, forthwith, till he grants us his verdict.

You know the "problem". It's similar to the one-man-one-vote situation at the time in South Africa.

One of both sides has to "capitulate". For either side, that amounts to "treason". And just like in South Africa, we have to wait until one side has so much enough of it, that they give up.

Since it won't be the Palestinian side, it basically means, waiting until Israel has enough of it, and agrees to drop the idea of a Jewish state in favour of a Jewish+Muslim state to which all refugees can return from the "Bantustan homelands" in Gaza and the Westbank.

That's as good as it could ever get. I doubt that there is realistically anything else in the pipeline.

If they manage to settle on a "Palestinian state" in the "Bantustans", the fighting will simply continue, and both sides know it, and the ones who did the deal will simply be considered "traitors", and there we go again, another Peace Nobel Prize for nothing, and probably shot from behind for "treason".

Edited by crasss
crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 11:26am

I am sure, his reaction and remarks would have been entirely different had this post been from someone with a Muslim sounding name

There is some truth to what you are saying.

My personal ambition is to keep this nuclear family going, and I need help in stamping out that gigantic fornication fest, because I don't want the kids to get caught up in that.

Who's gonna solve that problem for me? The Muslims, of course.

crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 11:38am

I am sure, his reaction and remarks would have been entirely different had this post been from someone with a Muslim sounding name

So, now you finally get it.

There is no other God than Allah, my friend, and Muhammed is his last Messenger.

And now I am waiting for the club to do something about the "problem".

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 5:58pm

So, now you finally get it.

My friend, for a moment I had genuinely thought that you could understand wht I have said, but, sadly, your pre-occulation with fornication made you fly far past my point.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic