IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Middle East
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Afghanistan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Afghanistan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 9:32am
Oh yes, and I'm SO PERFECT.

Sorry dude - if you want the rest of the world to stop thinking that people in your country are so bloody stupid, trying getting the 27 people who vote to vote for a president who has been to other countries APART from Canada and who can locate some other countries without prompting and maybe even speak another language AND demonstrate some education.

Oh. And try to see if these are the sorts of people you can get onto the American television programs that get sent overseas. (Feel free to shoot people like Ricky Lake, if you like, then maybe all the "people" on shows like hers will go back to their trailer homes and STAY there. Never, ever to emerge)

Then maybe we might not have such a weird perspective of your people.

And maybe try to educate people a bit more - then when we scummy foreignors tell them a bit about history they won't seem quite so amazed and surprised as they usually are...

Kim...
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by kim! kim! wrote:

Oh yes, and I'm SO PERFECT.

Sorry dude - if you want the rest of the world to stop thinking that people in your country are so bloody stupid,

B: People don't think that about the US.  Some people may be furious at the US, or vociferously disagree, but most don't think her stupid..that's my horse sense..

Oh. And try to see if these are the sorts of people you can get onto the American television programs that get sent overseas. (Feel free to shoot people like Ricky Lake, if you like, then maybe all the "people" on shows like hers will go back to their trailer homes and STAY there. Never, ever to emerge)

B: Oh, this is your view of the US - the liberal US entertainment industry?  OK, so you're calling the US liberals/entertainers stupid...well, why didn't you clarify?

And maybe try to educate people a bit more - then when we scummy foreignors tell them a bit about history they won't seem quite so amazed and surprised as they usually are...

B: So great Kim, you've got all these "solutions" for educating the imbecilic Americans - how about turning your gaze in another direction and solving problems there, too?  Let's start with Kisumu, Kenya...what would you recommend, oh wise one?

Bruce
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 7:12am

In all honesty, I know you're not all stupid and I know some of your television isn't complete sh*te...but I wish we had more evidence of it over here. I'm so sick of the rubbish we get over here.

Mind you, I'm sick of Australian rubbish, too.

Kim...

b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by kim! kim! wrote:

In all honesty, I know you're not all stupid and I know some of your television isn't complete sh*te...but I wish we had more evidence of it over here. I'm so sick of the rubbish we get over here.

Mind you, I'm sick of Australian rubbish, too.

Kim...

"In all honesty, I know you're not all stupid..."
As they say, "Thanks - I think..."
Bruce
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 10:49pm

Originally posted by b95000 b95000 wrote:

You can explain all you want face to face.  These discussions don't lend themselves well to bipolar thinking.  Somehow, you think it is an easy thing to conduct geo-politics? [I'm referring here to the US position in the 80s visa vi the Russian invasion of Afghanistan.]  Or that you have all the answers...oh, yeah, we believe that as our faces drop in stunned amazement of all your perfect knowledge and at our perfect stupidity in comparison..please..

Brother, as I see it, its your own comments that sounds like "speechless" to the arguments presented. If you have any other view, it would be more prudent to be presented than simply turning away from it with such comments. Isn't it?

b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 2:49pm
I am not "speechless" when it comes to presenting my argument about Afghanistan.  Just because the US and others supported the indiginous populations against Russia in the 1980s (which never handed control back to people of goodwill, in which elections and Constitutions resulted) doesn't mean that what happened in 2002 was without cause and without basis.  That is what I mean by complexities of geo-politics and why that topic doesn't lend itself easily to bipolar or simplistic thinking..

It is clear that Afghanistan is better and better off today than under the horrors of the Taliban..

�The crew also acquired secretly-filmed footage of a public execution in a football stadium financed by the West.

The footage shows a veiled woman dragged to the centre of the pitch, and forced to kneel facing the goal posts.

She is shot dead to the cheers of the watching crowds.�

Edited by b95000
Bruce
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 4:48pm
Though not to support any regime, but fact remains "It is clear that Afghanistan is better and better off today than under the horrors of the Taliban..
" was never the objective of american forces. Isn't it? Hence, it would be naive to consider such arguments for invasion in an independant country. Can similar arguments of "against rogue" regimes be applied for invasions in those countries be applied? Such as Cuba, N. Korea or for that matter Libya or Iran and many more? I don't think so.
b95000 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b95000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 3:40pm
I think whether nation building was the fomenting, straw that broke the camels back and compelled action (9/11 slaughter was surely that) or not, that is the resultant destiny of where we're all headed there (as a world community.) As such, it's instructive to ask the question of whether they're better off, since people are critical of the now.  But one must ask, what about the before now?  That's only fair and intellectually rigorous.

It's interesting that you call Afghanistan 'independent' when they were under the thumbs of groups like Taliban and AQ - how is that independent?

I agree with you that special cirumstances coalesced around the war in Afghanistan and the war in Iraq.
Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic